Anybody here believe this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
That there are no different laws for politicians than there are for citizens like us,that presidents and politicans cant get away with crimes anymore than we can? I'll explain the reason why I ask that in about a week when I create another thread about this subect after I get some responses.I figure Ill create another thread next week instead of responding on this thread so that way everybody will know why I asked this question.

Linkalicious
why shouldn't we believe this? Since when did politicians or the president become more than just people?

Fire
normaly the same laws apply with a few exceptions, but any exception can be (and so far has always been) revoked.

Kes
Usually Parliament members (?) and the president are protected.I dont know what is called but they cannot be prosecuted or is it interrogated ( blink ). At least here it is that way.

Fire
they have immunity

Kes
Yes, usually by them.Which ruins the point roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
yes. thats it stick out tongue

Storm
Idd. Parliamentary immunity.

Linkalicious
well i suppose it depends on the law they infringe upon, but i would think that a parliament member that is accused of murder would have to go on trial just like any other citizen

Fire
they have a few other things as well here in belgium

Kes
Well if he's not allowed to be questioned it makes it rather difficult messed

Cyclops
It is much like to police. They are, more or less, allowed to do whatever they want. It would be the funniest thing in the world to see, but you will never witness a cop pulling over a cop of a traffic violation. They have immunity to the law because they are the law.

I would laugh my ass off if I saw a cop pull over a cop.

Fire
in belgium immunity is revoked by the chairman of the chamber of representatives. now if it would ever become public, which prolly would that police asked to lift immunity and the chairman didnt do it for whatever reason it would
A) lead to the fall of the government (we're champion in that one)
B) cause massive civil unrest, no political party would even try pulling a stunt like that

Storm
If I' m correct, the parliamentary immunity is only valid while they carry out their duties.

Fire
yep but even then it can be lifted

Linkalicious
hey do public bus drivers have some sort of immunity to police traffic stops? I've seen big rigs pulled over, but never a bus or other form of public transportation get pulled over...

Fire
in belgium they dont

yerssot
heb het opgezocht:
parlementaire onverantwoordelijkheid:
parlementslid mag even welk standpunt innemen in het parlement en eenderwelke uitspraak doen zonder vervolgd/veroordeeld te worden.

parlementaire onschendbaarheid:
Een parlementslid kan voor even welk misdrijf (bv ook een verkeersovertreding) niet aangehouden of vervolgd worden gedurende de periode waarin het parlement zitting heeft (behoudens bij betrapping op heterdaad). Wel kan de Kamer waartoe het parlementslid behoord diens onschendbaarheid opheffen wanneer het parket daarom verzoekt.

dus nee, nie enkel als hij "in dienst" is smile
_____
problem with an international community is that discussing laws is a pain cause every country has a different set

Kes
I think they shouldnt have immunity. Regardless, here they control everything so the ones in power will never be a suspect let alone arrested or trialled for that matter.

Yeh, here bus drivers can do whatever they want! Not in a law way but because cops just ignore it.

Storm
Anyway, everyone knows how it should go in theory. But in reality, things aren' t that black and white.

Fire
ik denk dat kat bedoelde zolang hij parlements lid is

Kes in belgium it has happened that they suspened parliamentary immuntiy

yerssot
en nog nie eens ne merci da ik het heb opgezocht mad

Storm
Bedankt. Het was waarschijnlijk een grote inspanning om het op te zoeken in het handboek van recht. Eerst kilometers lopen om eraan te geraken en dan nog al die pagina' s doorworstelen om uiteindelijk het juiste hoofdstuk te vinden... stick out tongue

yerssot
ik lees snel ... maar ik doe ook een paar dingen traag aan wink grrrr

Storm
laughing

yerssot
*schuift dichter* filmke zien en ene drinke? wink

Fire
*cough*

yerssot
yeah ...erm... that immunity huh ? messed

wuTa
predisdents and politicians have way more poewr than ordinary citizens so they diffently get away with alot more than any of us ever could

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.