DC Earth's Heroes Vs. The Borg (Star Trek)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Scenario:

A cloaked Borg Ship Orbit's DC Earth in the year 2005 (current day, current technology). On the Watchtower Martian Manhunter, Batman, and Jakeem Thunder are on surveilance. The Borg probe the Watchtower, which alerts J'onn and Bruce. J'onn begins to do a psychic scan of the area, but just then 200 Borg drones teleport onto the Watchtower and assimilate Batman and J'onn (before he could react and become intangible). Jakeem enters the control room and finds the Borg there. He runs to save Batman not realizing he's already been assimilated, and Batman assimilates him as well.

The Borg then send a subspace signal and 10 more cloaked cubes arrive dropping out of warp. Each cube contains 1 million Borg.

By assimilating Batman they have gained complete knowledge of all other DC Earth's superheroes and their weaknesses, Martian Manhunter gives the collective limited telepathy, as well as one super strong, super fast, shape shifting drone that can become intangible, and Jakeem as a Borg gives the collective use of magic, but not complete use.

The Borg begin beaming down to DC Earth and assimilate 20 Earthbound Military installations across the globe, as well as all military defense systems worldwide, and assimilate most major city's populations before Superman becomes aware of the situation and rounds up all of Earth's heroes to counter-attack. By this time there are 24 Million Borg and 10 Borg ships, and the Borg's numbers increase by 500,000 as each half hour goes by.

Can DC Earth's Heroe's defeat the Borg in time so that the entire populace is not assimilated?

Swanky-Tuna
Probably not. With Batman's knowledge of the heroes, the head start on assimilation, and all those ships at their disposal I could see the Borg easily creating quick weapons to dispose of the heroes and teleporting those they can't destroy into other dimensions.

And if all else fails, put them into the transporter buffer then destroy the patterns!

illadelph12
So Supes, Flash, Wonder Woman, SuperGirl, and Earth's GL's wouldn't be fast or powerful enough to stop the Borg?

whirlysplat
Does JJ's telepathy extend to mind control? I seem to remember white martians could, couldn't they?

illadelph12
Manhunter has already been assimilated Whirly.

whirlysplat
OK Wonderwoman puts the rope on the borg queen and orders her to command the collective to self destruct. Game over.

illadelph12
laughing

Uh...

Borg Queen is not physically present. She's in another quadrant of space, but her 'presence' is always there (collective mind link).

This is just drones; 24 million drones and growing.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by illadelph12
laughing

Uh...

Borg Queen is not physically present. She's in another quadrant of space, but her 'presence' is always there (collective mind link).

This is just drones; 24 million drones and growing.

I see.........................

so we are changing the goalposts confused

illadelph12
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I see.........................

so we are changing the goalposts confused

Not changing goalposts, per se. I never specified that the Queen was or was not on the ships, which was my mistake (didn't cross my mind). The Queen is not always physically present when the Borg attack. From what I've read, her components are on every ship in the Borg Collective so that if necessary she can be physically present (basically, she can assemble her body on any ship in the collective and download her individual consciousness into the unit).

For the sake of this thead, she's not physically present, as in, on the 10 ships attacking DC Earth, the Queen unit is not assembled, but in the hive mind her presence is always there due to the mind link.

Think Imperiex's probes only not nearly as powerful.

whirlysplat
with the assimilation of the 3 JLA early on Superman is negated the Borg adapt and are firing red sun radiation Wavelengths from some weapons banks. I like Spectre in Space the concept amuses me. Almost as much as drones trying to hit Superman or Flash lol. They are very slow.

colossus17
if old man picard can take them sups shouldnt have a problem

illadelph12
Originally posted by colossus17
if old man picard can take them sups shouldnt have a problem

laughing

It's not as simple as it seems on the surface.

Whirly is right, Borg drones walk very slowly, but they have adaptive forcefields, aerial support from the Cubes, and no problem letting a few thousand die to complete a collective goal...

ZephroCarnelian
Yup. Xavier with a phaser rifle can do it, so Supes should kick their asses lol!

Thinking of Borg tech - if they have Bat's knowledge of Supes, it's reasonable to assume that they could fire K-Nite or red sun radiation to take him out.

But the Flash? There's nothing at all they could do to stop him...

illadelph12
What would Flash do to them? They have shielding and warp technology, as well as technology to create subspace singularities and surpass Warp Factor Speed (from an Episode of TNG when Lure, Data's brother, had taken over a Borg Ship), and time travel ability (ST:First Contact film). They also have knowledge of Flash's abilities (Bruce-Waynius of Borg).

ZephroCarnelian
Shielding only works against energy attacks. Hence Data can rip Drones a new one and so can Worf with his Bat'Leth.

Warpspeed and Transwarp Speed aren't gonna help the individual drones... and I can't see Flash engaging a starship in fisticuffs lol.

He could deliver a hypersonic punch to dozens of drones every second. He won't be able to defeat anywhere near all of them, but he could clear an area quite quick.

And the GLs... don't get me started.... Hal could play dice with Borg Cubes lol...

colossus17
borg are gay....cant they just give themselves speed enhancements....

Swanky-Tuna
It wouldn't take long for the borg to adapt to Lantern energy.

ZephroCarnelian
But he wouldn't be zapping them - he'd make a giant hand and throw them around, lol. You can't adapt to a giant hand! big grin

eleveninches
The borg MIGHT win if they had already assimilated some other meta-humans (martians, kryptonians etc...)

illadelph12
Yeah, but the giant hand would be made out of a specific energy (Oan Battery) which the Borg can adapt to. It would only work until they adapted their shields to it, which would not take long, but maybe long enough for a lantern to take out a Borg Cube. Borg Cubes can take a LOT of damage and regenerate, so they'd have to act quick. Kyle and John could hold them off for a while, but eventually they'd be almost useless.

And to keep it fair, The Borg have not assimilated any other powerful DC races. Just humans and other Star Trek races, plus Batman, Martian Manhunter, and Jakeem Thunder so far. They could assimilate other vulnerable DC characters as the battle progressed.

Supes and SuperGirl would be immune to assimilation due to their biomatrix forcefields, but only for the time being until the Borg began using Batman's knowledge of their weaknesses to certain types of energy frequencies and exploited it. The Lantern's could erect forcefields for a while until the Borg adapted to the energy signature of their rings. Captain Atom, since he's sentient energy in a containment suit, would not be able to be assimilated, but he could have his suit destroyed, etc.

ChaoticReign
This is a tough one. I'd say earth has a good chance. While they would know the weakness's supes has he could easily do his fighting at superspeed and scan for kryptonite before running into a situation. Sure they could use lead but if it looks to sketchy flash can go in first. Noone is even going to touch flash. Then there's supergirl who I heard is immune to kryptonite. Then there's other heavyweights such as captain marvel who is similar in some powers to supes and lacks any significant weaknesses.

AaronVanPelt
I want to see Superman assimilated. Then let all of Earth's heroes, the Earth, the Green Lantern Corps, the Legion of Super Heroes, Voyager, and everybody else deal with that as Superman begins assimilating all of Earth's heroes!

AaronVanPelt
quote:
But he wouldn't be zapping them - he'd make a giant hand and throw them around, lol. You can't adapt to a giant hand!

Yeah, but the giant hand would be made out of a specific energy (Oan Battery) which the Borg can adapt to. It would only work until they adapted their shields to it, which would not take long, but maybe long enough for a lantern to take out a Borg Cube. Borg Cubes can take a LOT of damage and regenerate, so they'd have to act quick. Kyle and John could hold them off for a while, but eventually they'd be almost useless.

They could still use the giant hand to pick up objects to hit the borg with.

Uriel005
Hourman w/ worlogog detects the disruption in the timeline and promptly eliminates the borg.

AaronVanPelt
smile So assimilate Hourman.

Uriel005
Originally posted by AaronVanPelt
smile So assimilate Hourman.
You Trollin

creepsmile

AaronVanPelt
:P Yeah, I don't want it to be that easy. I want them to see it through to the end, with all the battle scars and everything. I want to see Superman ("Armageddon of Borg;" I'm not so good at borg designations), Batman ("Primary Prosessor 2 0f 3," by virtue of his brain), J'onn, and... the other guy... and any others who get assimilated along the way against the Earth's remaining heroes, with a battle between Superman and Supergirl.

A few other points of interest: where is New Kandor, and how would they figure in? Would they be able to, or forced to, assist? The Borg would certainly gain knowledge of them through Superman.

What about the O.M.A.C.s? Would it be possible for Earth to reactivate them as a defense? Or would it be dangerous for the Borg to discover and assimilate them?

As for how Superman is eventually recaptured and de-assimilated, I don't know. How does he then react? I can see his normally calm exterior being shattered by by this invasion and erasure of his innermost being. Does he then start killing every Borg on Earth?

Here is what I would like to see after the defeat of the Borg on Earth. It might go something like this; all the Borg on Earth are defeated and the Borg are forced into retreat. Nine of the cubes are destroyed. The last one, with all the knowledge they have obtained on Kryptonian physiology, escapes undetected and proceeds to Daxam, where they begin to assimilate the population and prepare to return to Earth.

AaronVanPelt
smile Just think of 3 billion Borg each with the same powers as Superman coming to Earth while they are still reeling from the first Borg attack.

On another point, I've always pictured this as a Voyager adventure. Not sure how Data or Picard would figure into it. I see the Borg watching Voyager disappear through a hole in space while chasing them, then following them through undetected and finding the DC Universe. For Data and Picard to figure in, it would have to occur sometime after the last episode.

AaronVanPelt
Also, how do they PERCEIVE each other? After all, from each party's point of view the other doesn't exist. What does Earth think when the Borg come knocking? "Is this some new kind of OMAC?"

And how do the Voyager crew and the heroes react when they come face to face and the JLA is faced with Star Trek characters and the Starfleet crew finds themselves looking at a bunch of characters out of old comic books, which many of them may not have even heard of: and the freakin' JLA, no less???? I see minds imploding as they try and wrap their minds around it (the existence of Starfleet, the DC Universe, and the Borg , and somebody eventually saying, or perhaps breaking into the song, "Who let the Borg in?"

AaronVanPelt
So have they done this yet, and where can I find it? (I heard of one called "Second Contact," but I can't find it.)

-Pr-
That was marvel not dc.

AaronVanPelt
Someone tell me where to find "Second Contact," please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.