AVG Anti-Virus Free Software Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
Alright, well I have my fair amount of knowledge for computers but when it comes to virus software and viruses you may as well throw me out the window because im dumber then a rock when it comes to this stuff. I downloaded the AVG free software from Raz's thread. Im scanning for viruses and Where it says Scanned Objects I have nearly 30,000. Jesus Christ. And where it says Infected Objects I have 62. The Scan is STILL going on! So what should I do when the scan is complete? Is there a way to get rid of the infected files/locations listed? If so, how? Sorry, I know im dumb about this but my computer is an inch from making me throw it out the window, its so slow and annoying. Plz help.

By the way, I wanted to add that where my infected files are listed, 99% of them say "TROJAN HORSE" or even if not, what do I do to delete them and how do I know if Im supposed to, I dont want to screw my computer up any more than it already is!

Clovie
after the scan is finished...roll eyes (sarcastic)

the program will ask you what you wannna do with infected files
if i remember correctly there choices:
quarantine, delete, igonre..
or something like that
i just had one virus..and i don't remember confused

anyway..choose the delete option and that will be it.

yerssot
well, I do believe there is also an option "ignore" and not "igonre" stick out tongue

Clovie
nit-picker. tongue

Morbid4Daniel
smile Tankies. I figured it out. My computer is actually pretty fast now!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.