Begins Sequels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Bat12
I know you probably heard about the sequels for Batman Begins, but I have ideas for this franchise.

Movie #1: Batman Begins(duh)

Movie #2: Not sure about a name but anyway... In this movie, Batman will face Two-Face.(with origin and what not) Also in this movie, Bruce will take Richard Grayson under his wing and he will become Robin to help Batman face Two-Face. At first, Robin will lose, but sooner or later, with Batman's help, he will win.

Movie #3: No name yet. In this movie, Robin will be shot by Joker. Dick will leave to become Nightwing. As Batman is looking for Joker, he comes across a boy.(Jason) He will take him under his wing and Jason will become Robin. By the middle of the movie, Jason will become cocky, and will look for Joker by himself. Joker will blow up the warehouse Jason sees Joker go in and Jason instantly dies. Batman will then yell in rage.

Movie #4: This one has a name. Batman: A New Tommorow. In this movie, Batman is on his own again. There is no main villian, just a bunch of villians to keep it exciting. Nightwing finds Batman nearly kill a thug. He tells Bruce to find another Robin. They both finally agree on one boy, Tim Drake. Tim is taken under Bruce's wing and becomes the 3rd Robin. They then begin to fight the various criminals in the city.

How's that for being true to the comics?

The Bat12
anyone gonna post?

RogueGambitdare
They sound like awesome ideas.

NoFate007
Way too much going on there. This is what I say.

I'll think of titles later...and I'm not talking about Batman Continues, and Batman Goes On, lol.

#2. Batman has become a respected member of Gotham's society. Harvey Dent is involved, and he becomes Two-Face. This starts to create controversy and whatnot with them being friends and so forth.

#3. The Joker is the main villain. Someone very kill-able is involved as well, but not as a team effort (ie, not Freeze + Ivy...just having 2 villains doesn't mean they have to work together.) This could possibly be Clayface. Joker at the end is committed to Arkham, where he meets a young Dr. Harleen Quinzel.

#4. Catwoman is introduced, along with Dick Grayson. The movie deals with Bruce trying to control both the woman he loves, and the surrogate little brother of his. Catwoman has to eventually become on Batman's side though, I've always thought that idea was great.

#5. A band of people such as The Riddler, The Clock King, The Mad Hatter, and you know, villains that don't pack a huge punch, gather together. Or you can do a big powerful team, with Killer Croc, Bane, Lock Up,

#6. Mr. Freeze is the lead, and he has some sort of big threat as always.

Now naturally I don't expect them to do 6 films, and I hope they don't unless they can do them right. These are just suggestions, and after #4, idk what could be done, cause I don't really have time to think (I hate being so damn busy). I'll get back to this if I can.

The Bat12
Originally posted by RogueGambitdare
They sound like awesome ideas.

Yo, thanks

Mainstream
thiers a rumor that the Joker might have a cameo in BAtman Begins...they kinda hinted at it in the newest wizard book

WindDancer
Umm...to early for predictions. But I'll say that if there is going to be a future Batman sequel involving Robin and Joker it has to be a film base on the A Death in the Family story. Why? because it will turn all Comic book hero movies upside down. Always the hero wins and goes to fight crime another day. But the Death in the Family story would not only be unique but also it will also show audiences that comic book heroes are mortal. Which up to this point no comic book film has ever done.

Mainstream
you talking about killing TJ Robin..on the big screen...cool

WindDancer
Yup, and if they keep the ending from A death in the Family it will hint further sequels. It would work like a charm.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by WindDancer
Umm...to early for predictions. But I'll say that if there is going to be a future Batman sequel involving Robin and Joker it has to be a film base on the A Death in the Family story. Why? because it will turn all Comic book hero movies upside down. Always the hero wins and goes to fight crime another day. But the Death in the Family story would not only be unique but also it will also show audiences that comic book heroes are mortal. Which up to this point no comic book film has ever done.

Sounds very interesting and different,

RogueGambitdare
I think if there is a sequel it will feature two face or the Joker, maybe Catwoman.

The Bat12
But seriously, who would be a good villian for movie 4?

RogueGambitdare
I think maybe the pequin.

NoFate007
Who would you want to play The Joker, Dick Grayson and Two-Face? I'd say Brian C. Bethel from the Grayson video would be a great Joker, for Grayson, maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Grayson, or someone with less of an edge to them like uh...idk lol. Two-Face, Gary Sinise.

WindDancer
Grayson was good. I agree Brian would be a pretty good candidate for Joker.

LousyBoy
Well.. seeing as how this movies major roles seem to be filled up my English actors... im gonna venture out and say itll be a Brit actor, no one we could guess.

OB1-adobe
People always ***** about digital technology and special effects. Well with CGI that is the only way you are going to get it.

One day CG will be able to produce photo realistic stuff at break neck speed, and then you can produce many movies like Batman without it having to be such a long and big production.

So basically, you won't have to worry about getting the cast reunited, and getting the picture off the ground, and getting it made.

You can focus more on performance and creating these big story arcs without much hassel.

You got the costumes, you got the sets and the batmobile. Just shoot it.

Mainstream
I wanna she Clayface somewhere down the line...with CGI aways evolving he could look very real and scary.

The Bat12
Ya, Clayface would be kool on the big bad silver screen!

Kainreaver
Mr. Freeze should be played by the one who should have played him in the first place...Patrick Stuart.

OtterVomit
Maybe even John Malkovich.

Vulture Cult
NO ROBINS IN A BATMAN MOVIE EVER!
ROBIN SU-UCKS!
AND THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY PUT TWO VILLAINS IN THE SAME MOVIE WILL HAPPEN IF THEY PUT ROBIN ALONG WITH BATMAN!

RogueGambitdare
But you can't have a Batman sequel without a Robin. Dick Grayson makes it O so interesting. You can't have a Batman without a Robin.

Mainstream
you need Robin...I mean come on he's batman adopted son for Christ sake! but not in the first one...they gotta get Batman right first...robin later..hopefully Dick....Dick will come...so to speak.

The Bat12
Yes you need Robin. Then you hack his leg off after he dies. Then Tim comes and everything is right with the world

Mainstream
Originally posted by The Bat12
Yes you need Robin. Then you hack his leg off after he dies. Then Tim comes and everything is right with the world

seeing JT Robin die on the big screen could be oscar worthy and cool. big grin

renegadedog
Argh - no robin, please... Robin is for the cheesy 60s tv programme. Not suited to this more serious approach!

drkwinged1
What would you think of a Batman series on HBO or some cable network so it wouldn't get watered down for the violence and the like?..Since there's sooo much stuff to cover in the Batman mythos, they could do an animated(computer animated-like MTV's Spider-man) series in continuation of the movie...keep the same actors(if possible) to do the voices and when somethin major is going to happen-like the 'death in the family' storyline-take it to the big screen.
I just purchased 'The Incredibles' recently and I've always thought about seeing Batman in that form...
Eversince I watched 'Spawn' on HBO I always wondered ''what if they did a live action or computer animated series of Batman?'
Thoughts???

Mainstream
Originally posted by RogueGambitdare
But you can't have a Batman sequel without a Robin. Dick Grayson makes it O so interesting. You can't have a Batman without a Robin.

ya gotta have Dick....thought I wish they'd just make him NIghtwing and bring in Tim Drake...they can skip over Jason Todd no one likes him...but the could show flash backs of Dick as Robin....hopefully people watching the movie could catch on.

DarkAge
No way should they skip over Todd. Killing Robin on the big screen would just be too cool. Although maybe they should start one of the future movies with Greyson as Nightwing (then maybe they could do a Nightwing spinoff series).

Mainstream
Originally posted by Kainreaver
Mr. Freeze should be played by the one who should have played him in the first place...Patrick Stuart.

you read my mind grasshopper character50

I want to see Clayface and Scarface..the puppet dude..and Bane should be redone...right this time..he's a smart guy not some 3rd rate thug.

sevenman

NoFate007
Any idea what would be good titles for the sequels? They can't make it Batman Begins 2 and Batman Begins 3...lol

Batman Continues
Batman Again

?

I haven't been able to think of anything that doesn't sound ridiculous like that lol unless they call it like

Batman: Revenge

something about crusades...idk.

Any ideas?

sevenman
Batman: Again

NoFate007
Batman Returns......Whoops: A Blunder

TMACalicious
Joker would be an awesome enemy, but IMO, no one can do it better than Jack Nicholson!

NoFate007
I think possibly Edward Norton could be a good Joker.

Mr. Freeze, Ben Kingsley too

Mainstream
Originally posted by TMACalicious
Joker would be an awesome enemy, but IMO, no one can do it better than Jack Nicholson!

we'll see about that one Wind D.Originally posted by NoFate007
I think possibly Edward Norton could be a good Joker.

Mr. Freeze, Ben Kingsley too

yeah Ben kingsley would be great.

atheist
Intorducing Robin as a character is a horrible idea! Robin is one of the main reasons the original Batman Movie Franchise died! Robin = death of Batman!!!

Mr Parker
Actually its a great idea.To not make at least one Batman sequel in the future without Robin would be treason.Robin hardly equals death of Batman.Only bad casting choices in bad storys-can you say-Batman and Robin movie? equal death of Batman.and it was the storyline of Batman and Robin that ended the franchise not Robin.to the original post on this thread,errr no,lets not have Robin become Nightwing.Leave that crap for the cartoons and comics. Robin is a great charater if they get the right actor.Chirs O'donnel was just a horrible choice for the role because he sucks as an actor and was wayyyy too old for the role.

bakerboy
Talking about the possible sequels. I would like to see old villains played in a correct way like two face, penguin, mister freeze, poison ivy, ridder or bane. After see what nolan did with scarecrow and ras al ghul, i think that he could do a wonderful job with those villains, for not talking about joker or catwoman.

About the robin issue, if he is introduced in one of the sequels, i would love to see it in a correct way,not the nigthmare that schumacher did. Althougt , knowing the way of work of nolan and his way of think about the batman world, i think that he preffer batman alone in the sequels, but how knows.

Mr Parker
Yeah it would be nice if the sequels would redo the villians of the first four batman movies.

Bat Dude
Get redone versions of Two-Face that isn't a "Joker wanna-be" and a Riddler without the bad attempts at comedy. And a Bane that doesn't listen to overly enviromental chicks. (I think you guyz get the picture.)

I can't think of a good person to play Robin. I just don't know many good male teen actors.

LousyBoy
After seeing Batman Begins, i dont think they should add Robin into this franchise. If they try it, it wont be done right. I dont wanna see that.

NoFate007
I just saw the movie a few hours ago, and I think that Robin, if any presence, would be best in 3 or later. I love Grayson, but I have to agree that I don't see yet how his character could stand best in this environment that Nolan has greatly created. Joker and Two-Face are going to be AWESOME under Nolan's direction.

NoFate007
I don't see the sequels involving outlandish villains such as:

Mr. Freeze
Poison Ivy
Clayface
Killer Croc
Man-Bat

or so forth

I think the ones we have a chance of seeing are the following:

Joker
Two-Face
Catwoman
Lock-Up
The Riddler
Mad Hatter
Clock King

Not sure about:
The Ventriloquist
Penguin

>who am i forgetting<

Darth Macabre
Penquin no i dont think so.

Ventriloquist if done right i could see it, but i wouldnt want it.

How about these NoFate-

Batman: Dark Knight
Batman: Legacy

NoFate007
I had 2 fanfic batman stories I was gonna write, one of them I have the outline for, which involves Harley Quinn, The Joker, and Clayface, called Batman: Imitation, but the other one hasn't been given an official title yet, right now its just Batman: Rogue's Gallery cause its basically a free-for-all death match to end all death matches.

I can't think of any titles for the sequel to this, unless it has something to do with the plot and they go with that, like how this is the beginning of the story, the next one, say, if its about Two-Face, could be like uh...

Batman: Duality
Batman: Betrayal
Batman: Treason

or they could play a sick joke, and if its about Two-Face, call it

Batman Two

eleveninches
#1: batman begins

#2: batman defeats joker. dick is introduced during it.

#3: Dick breaks up with batman. Superman goes nuts, and bruce has to deal with him. Lex tries to take over wayne enterprises, but fails.

#4: Dick is now nightwing (leave outt the 'robin' era). Catwoman introduced. Bane introduced.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by NoFate007
I don't see the sequels involving outlandish villains such as:

Mr. Freeze
Poison Ivy
Clayface
Killer Croc
Man-Bat

or so forth

I think the ones we have a chance of seeing are the following:

Joker
Two-Face
Catwoman
Lock-Up
The Riddler
Mad Hatter
Clock King

Not sure about:
The Ventriloquist
Penguin

>who am i forgetting<

I sure hope we get to see joker,catwoman,two face and penguin redone and I agree that Robin should not be introduced until at least the third film.Under Nolan,I have faith that he wont cast an actor with horrible acting skills and way too damn old for the role like O'donnel.That it will be someone who looks no more than high school age instead of of being a damn grown man.

vaya_the_elf
I want to see poison ivy redone. They did poison ivy poorly in Batman and Robin, but what did they do right in that movie.

eleveninches
I think they should skip robin altogether and have dick just be introduced and become nightwing straight away

goldendartkilla
I really would like to see mr. zsasz some more hes the sickest villain of them all.

Kainreaver
In every great saga, there comes a time when you must know when to call it quits. I dont know how long they should keep up this franchise, its good for a few movies thats for sure. But i think for the last one they should make an onscreen rendition of "Knightfall" (Where Bane breaks Batmans back, and Batman passes the torch to another to take on the role of Batman. But the new Batman crosses the line and Bruce wayne must reclaim his role as the Dark knight)

Kainreaver
There should NEVER Be an onscreen Robin. Batman and Gordon are the only Duo we care about. And Nolan has said he wants the Joker in the 2nd movie with harvey dent as Gothams district atourney. The joker is captured at the end of that movie. In the 3rd movie, The joker is on trial, and Harvey is scortched by The Jokers acid. thus becoming Two Face. The Joker and Two Face then team up against Batman...Sounds BAD ASS to me.

LousyBoy
I seriously doubt Nolan is gonna follow that common storyline. Hes not gonna make movies with a plot where the fans KNOW the story YEARS ahead of the sequals. I dont believe a word in these sequal rumors. Except the Joker one.

bakerboy
Whoaaa, it sounds great. The joker and two face redone in a chris nolan movie. Man, this will be amazing. For me , they are the most interesting villains with catwoman and scarecrow.

Kainreaver
Heres the article about two face and the Joker in the next films. I was wrong, it was David S Goyer (The screenwriter) that said this, not the Director.

http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0505203

Red Superfly
Cool.

I'm very confident that Joker and Two-Face will be handled well.

I don't really want to see Robin. There's enough to sort out with Joker and Two-Face.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bane, but I think I'm happy with Scarecrow, Ra's, Two-Face and Joker in the new trilogy, because they are my faves anyway.

Anyway, there's always the possibility Scarecrow will return too, and Ra's.

It's great that none of the enemies died on screen (ie, if they did "die", we didn't see their body) and they may return. That I find really cool, and totally in-line with Batman. I didn't like the previous ones where he'd fight a conveyor belt of villains. Kill one, next, arrest one, next, kill one, next, arrest one, yawn.

I'd like to see Scarecrow somewhere in the sequel. Would be cool if he and Joker help each other out, even if he is in a limited role. I mean, they both deal with chemicals after all, it would make sense.

NoFate007
That would be cool if Scarecrow had a cameo in the film about The Joker, wherein he helps him create the Joker Toxin. Then Scarecrow is sent to Arkham or killed or something, and Joker dominates the film.

Sileas
the one i think we are guaranteed not to see is catwoman. pfeiffer did a fabulous job, nobody could equal that I think, let alone top it. but then came halle berry, another interpretation of catwoman. they would then have a THIRD interpretation of the character in these movies if nolan/goyer did her. yeah, we've had reincarnations of batman, but.....somehow I don't think they've got a third chance with catwoman. pity, 'cause i'd like to see what this team would do with her. even seeing a conceptual picture would be cool.

Sileas
oh and ps----just 'cause there was a joker hint at the end of this movie doesn't mean he's definitely the baddie for this next one. he could just be lurking in the background causing problems behind whoever is the main baddie in the next one, and then become the full blown monster in the third for the ultimate showdown, if he is indeed bats' biggest enemy.

Lord Chariol
Batman Returns was the last good Batman flick, except for Batman Begins. If Robin is in a Batman movie, it is a bad movie. It is unbecoming of Batman's frame of mind to have a side kick. Bruce Wayne is clearly mentally unstable and the darkest super hero to ever exist and having a side kick who is there to provide comic relief is ridiculous and just cheesy.

Mr Parker
Actually there never was a good Batman flick until Batman Begins.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Sileas
oh and ps----just 'cause there was a joker hint at the end of this movie doesn't mean he's definitely the baddie for this next one. he could just be lurking in the background causing problems behind whoever is the main baddie in the next one, and then become the full blown monster in the third for the ultimate showdown, if he is indeed bats' biggest enemy.

good point Sileas.thats a possiblity.But I think Winddancer who really keeps up with the Batman stuff,said that Nolan wants to have Crispin Glover in the next Batman film.you guys dont seem to be listening.Robin does not make a Batman movie bad,what make a batman movie bad with Robin is a Chris O'Donnel in the role.You cast Scott Weinger for the part,if its a good script,you got a great Batman movie.geez some people here just dont get it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RogueGambitdare
I've read on the internet the next two Batman sequels will be based on the events of the Long Halloween. And the rumored title for the begins squel is Batman Year One.

NoFate007
Scott Weinger is much too old to play Robin. He doesn't look too much like him anyway either.

Batman: Year One can't be the title...because Batman Begins was the first year. Year One was a rumored title for Begins, as was Intimidation Game and Genesis.

Mr Parker
Well he might now I guess.Havent seen any recent pics of him.But He would have been so perfect for Batman Forever though back in 95.I hate Schumacher for not casting HIM the same way I hate Burton for casting Keaton.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Actually there never was a good Batman flick until Batman Begins.

Oh, please. Spare me.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Oh, please. Spare me.

I wouldn't say that....the first 2 batman movies weren't half bad...they were good for thier day..but Batman Begins sets the standard that all batman movies should have to live up to. (the fight scenes were choppy at times..but other than that..it was perfect)

Bat Dude
Begins was the best movie, but 89 comes at a pretty close 2nd.

NoFate007
yeah. I think it pretty much goes how it was released, cept with Begins being before Batman 89.

vvvrulz
This could mean that the sequls to come will be progressively worse from Batman Begins stick out tongue

NoFate007
Haha, possibly, but idk I have good faith in Nolan. Everything I've seen of his, I've liked. I recommend Memento for anyone who likes watching good, intelligent films. Warning, if you're the type that goes "I didn't see a car blow up, that sucked!" you won't like it lol

vvvrulz
In other words, if you liked Triple X...

NoFate007
hahaha exactly

When you hear someone say "Fast and the Furious is a good movie!!"

You know you aren't talking to an AFI member lol

vvvrulz
lol. So true.. and such movies compose of 99% of todays actioners..

Quite sad really.

Bat Dude
Ok, after listening to ideas and whatnot, I've come up with what I want to see in the next films.

1. Begins

2. The title for this is Batman Two(I think it's fits quite well) Two-Face is the main bad guy(with acid contributed by the mob) he goes around with his grudge against Batman and the justice system. He plans to blow up Wayne Tower unless he gets 5 million dollars(he would have made it 2 but he has bills to pay: that is from DKR) and Batman stops him after a sweet fight at the end.

3. This is called Batman: Venom
In this film, Richard Grayson's parents are killed by Tony Zucco. He becomes Robin(without the green shorts) Joker finally reveals himself and tells Batman about his plan. It is simple, with the help of Dr. Crane, he creates Joker Venom. But after a quarell, Joker tests his venom on Crane, leaving him death with a smile.(whoever thought that idea up is genius!)He plans on using the venom to leave Gotham smiling forever. After leading them through tons of stuff, the finale begins. After a struggle on Joker's blimp, he shoots Robin and wounds him. Batman punches him. Joker falls out of the blimp, but he just smiles as he lands in the lake. Batman takes Dick to the Batcave and Alfred fixes him up. But Dick decides to go around the world, searching for an answer to his life question.

And that is what I think...

NoFate007
I like how you threw Robin in there, as sort of the beginning at the end sort of thing. That was good, I commend you.

Bat Dude
thank you no fate

sevenman
If you are going to have Robin you need to have him in the begining not in the third and final or second film. It is like Batman #1. This follows Batman's dark roots before Robin. It is like what the Tim Burton trilogy should have been. The Batman universe and the Batman and Robin universe are two entirely different universes.

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Oh, please. Spare me. THATS SO TRUE!!!!

Originally posted by vvvrulz
This could mean that the sequls to come will be progressively worse from Batman Begins stick out tongue Batman Returns was better than Batman 1989.

Micheal Keaton was the greatest man to ever take the title of Batman. Christian Bale has to take himself by completing the trilogy. George Clooney and Val Kilmer suck.

Bat Dude
Sevenman, you and I have a lot in common....yes Michael Keaton is the best, Michael Keaton is always gonna be the best...(at least until Bale finishes his part of Bat-history. And YES Clooney and Kilmer SUCK.

redcaped
Make at least 6!

atharpina
Scarecrow shouldn't die during the course of these movies. I think him helping Joker create the Joker toxin would be cool, but considering what happened to Crane at the end of BB (riding off on a horse with nothing but a mask and possibly some fear toxin) that doesn't seem likely. Unless, Joker is somehow given some good resources like in the 89 movie, then I guess some Scarecrow-help would work. Anyways, the way I see it, Scarecrow will have a good little role slipped in so that we can see him at his prime evil form and then be sent to Arkham.

Knightfall93
I love the way none of the bad guys died, as such... Ra's just needs a little dip in the ol' Lazarus Pit after all! I think:
1: BB
2: The Joker causes havoc and starts killing famous and important citizens if they dont pay up. His ultimate ransom is to drop tons of his smilex in the water supply. Establishes the bats/ harvey relationship.
3: Batman encounters a vengeful Talia and they fight but she falls for him and gets confused. During this, Joker sprays Harvey with acid and Harv shoots Rachel. Harvey holds Batman and Jim Gordon for trial. Jim distracts him by demanding Dent as his defence lawyer and they keep him talking until talia arrives and she saves them! At the end, Bruce and talia are driving off and you see they're headed for haley's Circus!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.