Alton Towers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Know I haven't been on much lately and thats been because I've been working 7 days a week for ages. Had my first day off today to go to Alton Towers (theme park) to try the new ride there called "air". OMG, I nearly shat myself it was so good.

Its like a normal roller coaster except you sit in the seat which then tilts right back so you feel as if you're flying like superman. I went right at the front and I'd recommend it to anyone. We also did all the other "big" rides at the front too, like the Nemisis and the Oblivion too. The Oblivion is (supposed to be) the worlds 1st vertical drop coaster and it always makes me scream like a girl every time.

See you all real soon. big grin

Texas
I hate amusement parks! Why anyone would pay to be scarred shitless is beyond me!! confused
i think all amusement parks should be closed!! stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Don't tell Edna that. She just got promoted.

tint
My favorite ride is the freefall. they take you 13 stories high and drop you! All the while down your eyes are drying up but its worth it!

Texas
So she lives in London and has to drive all the way to work? Wasn't her job out in the country someplace?

Congratulations Edna! smile

Ushgarak
She only works there during the holiday, when she's not in London.

Julie
Amusment parks are ok, but things like bungy jumping seem crazy to me wink

ToMacco
Anyone ever been on StarTours?

Pretty sweet.

mechmoggy
I'm thinking of going to the theme park that Edna works at during the summer cus its only a half hour drive from my house. Haven't been there in ages and I do believe they've got a new ride.

Ushgarak
Yp, they do.

Edna seems 'mysteriously' happier about Drayton Manor now that she''s not at the bottom of the heap any more (and about bloody time they promoted her, too!).

Some of us should go down there as a group this summer to see her at work...

Dim
I thought Star Tours was laaaaaaame...

ToMacco
You're. . . . lame. . .

Thane Zereil
I went to Alton Towers and whilst it was OK the primary problem was that it was too full and that meant that we opnly got to go on about 4 rides and ended up spending more time at the bar...

Star Tours at Disney on the other hand is great Disney and Universal have a much better idea about theme parks as they at least try and marginally entertain you whilst waiting, the closest I found in Alton Towers was the Video used on the run up to Oblivion which was reasonable...

queeq
A group trip to Drayton Manor.... cool... In that case, Texas, we'd all be paying to scare Edna shitless.. big grin

Gundark
I do Hersheypark about five years or so....its pretty cool. You can smell chocolate in the air the whole time.

queeq
I smell that when you and I do dangerous rides. evil face

Gundark
You mean those ones we found on the 245th floor of the Death Star ? wink

queeq
And on the 244th. And on the 243th. And on the 242th.... just about any level the turbo lifts would take us. wink

Edna Witch
Oooooohh! No no no no no! You don't want to be coming to Drayton Manor. It's really small, terribly overpriced and a complete dump! Don't want to be going there at all. Besides you won't see me anyway as I will hide away in the office pretending I am doing terribly important things so you cannot find me! Ha!

Oh and Mech the new ride is as lame as lame can be. It may look good and have a cool name but the overall effect is kind of like the pirate ship but not even as good as that! Total rubbish!

Gundark
Well that about sums it up.

Ushgarak
Ah, shame about the new ride...

But I refuse to be put off! I WILL go one day!

yerssot
how come I want to go now? evil face

LanceWindu
Speaking of theme parks:

My city Nashville lost our theme park a few years ago. It was Opryland. They tore it down so they could put a mall in it's place. Now we are getting a new one possibly. It's called Thrillopolis. It will be a smaller one but it will have a water park a few rollercoasters and some other rides. But the cool thing is it will be completely inside a building. So that means year long theme park!!!

Ushgarak
Thrillopolis!!! Classic!

I agree, yerss, her attemps to put us off don't work, do they?

I think she is worried about all the extra work we will cause for her now she has been promoted.

yerssot
what if we all visit her there and all file a complaint so we have to keep her awake? big grin

Edna Witch
keep me awake?

queeq
The shock of seeing us all will definately awaken you. evil face

Edna Witch
I don't remember saying I would be asleep!

Gundark
I didn't know they tore down Opryland.

Thrillopolis ? Sounds like a 1950's thing. Cool.

yerssot
no Edna, that's because we will prevent that from happening big grin

LanceWindu
Yeah they tore down Opryland theme park (Not the Grand Ole Opry) and replaced it with a mall that is really expensive. The stupid thing is the company getting the mall said that if they tore down Opryland they would build a couple Coasters in the mall itself. So Opryland agreed. But the company didn't build them and have no plans to in the future.

Gundark
How wude.

mechmoggy
Big promotion eh Edna......does this mean you're gonna be selling those curly fries at DM? wink

LanceWindu
Or maybe the frosty drinks???

Ushgarak
Well, I've got time clear this summer. I still vote that we go and see!

queeq
Hmmm.... intewesting.

Ushgarak
Very. And if she hides we can complain about her!

queeq
Don't worry, we'll find her. If we have to tear apart every little construction at that place.

Ushgarak
Good plan. Summer it is then.

queeq
Perhaps.... it has to be a surprise of course.

LanceWindu
So at all costs keep Edna out of this thread!!!

yerssot
what can we do? close the door? but she will kick it in!

Captain REX
We could ban her, but that would just make her think we hate her. sad

yerssot
or put a sign out "no edna allowed"

Captain REX
We could tie her up, but that would just make her mad...hmm...

LanceWindu
Maybe close this thread to her but open it to others?

Captain REX
Is that possible? confused

Ushgarak
I'll tie her up.

yerssot
and you will do that ........... how?

LanceWindu
Ush is just being kinky.

Ushgarak
Maybe not. Maybe I just hate her.

Captain REX
And then what will you do, Ush? wink

I don't even know why we're trying to keep Edna out, I'm just joining in conversation. confused

LanceWindu
Same here cause I'm nosey.

queeq
I have a few suggestions... evil face

LanceWindu
Please post them

Captain REX
Can you suggest why we're keeping Edna out?

yerssot
to irritate Ush

queeq
I was thinking about the tying her up bit. evil face

Captain REX
Queeq is trying to steal Edna from Ush! Shoot to kill!

yerssot
no! grab the popcorn and the soda!

Ushgarak
The idea is to keep her out so as not to give awayb the surprise of seeing her at her theme park.

Best not to bother, though, Let her know of the possibility, she won't stop us!

queeq
And enjoy the show. Well, I am. evil face

yerssot
or perhaps she will quit the job then we will never succeed in irritating her in RL...

Ushgarak
No, that's the point! She just got promoted, she won't leave! Now we can safely go there!

yerssot
ok, buy me the tickets and I'll be there tomorrow morning!

Ushgarak
No good, she's back at Uni now. We need to wait until Summer.

yerssot
but mesa bussy then!

phinney6
to bad for u

yerssot
but I'll be able to squize it in my program...

phinney6
good for you

yerssot
it is? really?

Gundark
Take along a picture of me and I'll pretend to be there.

yerssot
a real size one?

queeq
I have one.... life size on cardboard. With some...errr.... special features. wink

barbie_girl
i know ive cum in here really late but i work at a themepark called chessington world of adventures. t is part of the madame tussauds group along with alton towers thorpe park madame tussaudes itself(london lasvegas new york and hong kong) the london eye the london planetarium and heide park in germany. i get free tickets to all of these and am going to alton towers in the summer hols because it sounds mental! wish me luck!

queeq
What language are you writing in? big grin

Gundark
Me no speak.

*gets Raz's dictionary, scratches head*

mah
wasn't any problem understanding that!

Gundark
I didn't know you spoke brit-teen, mah !

mechmoggy
I understood it all okay Gundy.

Maybe thats because I'm still "down" with the kids.

mah
that's not how it works, you see gundy! I usually speak norwegian, but that doesn't prevent me from understanding other languages...and the opposite: I learn and speak german at school, but I understand nothing of it! big grin

yerssot
Normally I would have posted something in German to that mah... but truth is... same here actually smile

Ushgarak
We'll have to open an official Drayton Manor thread sometime soon.

And stop being so mean to BG!

barbie_girl
thanxs ush! how was i writing weird?

yerssot
owwww! Humble knight Ush to the rescue!

Isn't that a Kodac moment?

Gundark
Kodak.

finti
Fujichrome

Ushgarak
Just hurry up and take the picture... oh. Where did BG go?

finti
down to kokomo

yerssot
Gundy, I wrote it wrong, otherwhise I had to pay royalties big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.