Shaq or Yao?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
If there was a draft which included these 2 centers? Which one would you choose? I'm not talking for one season? I'm talking about overall including the future. Or in other words, would you take Shaq for like the next 4 years or Yao for like the next 12? Shaq was the man but Yao is on the path to pass him up real soon. In 2 years or so I think he will probably pass Shaq as the league's best center.

BTW: Shaq and Yao play tonight and so far this season, Yao has got the better of Shaq with like 29pts/game to 24 and 9rbs/game to 8.3 or something.

boxofdeath2.0
Personally, I'll take Tim Duncan over either of them.

But for the sake of your little game, I would rather have Yao on my franchise. A) He's a lot younger than Shaq. B) He's less injury prone than Shaq. C) He can't speak English so he can't complain when Steve Francis shoots 20 times a game and never passes him the ball in the post smile D) He's the best passing big man the NBA has seen in quite some time. E) I absolutely despise the Lakers

cookies2006
neitha of them are good nemore..there are so many new good rookies evry year i wouldnt kno who to draft?!?!

boxofdeath2.0
are you smoking crack woman??? who isnt good anymore??? shaq still has 3 or 4 good years left in him, yao has about 10, and duncan has 8 or so.

Linkalicious
yah that's real fair....Shaq's already been in the league for what? 10....maybe 11 years of ass whooping. Yao hasn't even started to scratch the surface of his potential.

Yao!

Myth
Where's the votes for Yao? People seem to prefer him but nobody but myself has voted for him while there are 2 anonymous Shaq fans who voted without a response.

ElectricBugaloo
Yao

he has better skill and is younger. Shaq is only big. Being able to walk is his only skill

Myth
He can barely do that at times. That's another problem with Shaq, his toe or foot or whatever. It hurts him frequently since he weighs so much and that weight isn't going away, so his pain won't go away either. Its just going to get worse.

Jeff_Atello
If we were drafting, then that would mean Shaq would just be entering the NBA, right? Then my pick would definitely go to him. Nobody can stop him because he's so damn big.

Myth
No, I'm talking about right now, if there was a re-draft. Thats obvious you would take Shaq when he was younger.

LeAtHerRFace
Tim would w00p any of dem. But Yao would take over Shaq.

Myth
Well Tim is reigning MVP (soon to be KG) so of course you would take him over either of them. But Yao is the best person to pick at the center position (true center, not F/C, I know Tim can play it better).

Jeff_Atello
Ok, then...I would tke Yao, no questions asked.

Linkalicious
tim would get worked on the block against either Yao or Shaq. He's not a center so there should be no comparison there. I'd take KG over Duncan anyday. And if Jermaine O'Neal started his career in the west coast against primier comptetitors...then i'd probably take him over Tim Duncan too. IMO the east slows down his development...

alic88
i would pick TD or KG anyday over these 2. but... i think that throughout his career shaq has remained consistant, i mean 10 yearz of dunks n everything, so over-all hez of course better, but if i were 2 pick right now i would defiantely pick YAO! plus i m from houston myself lol

Myth
I agree completely alic88. I think TD could out play Yao or Shaq though Link. It would go back and forth.

justinday15
Yao

emmpoi
neither

Myth
Wow, since the idea is a comparison between these two, its probably not the smartest thing to choose neither.

Arachnoidfreak
not true. i heard him speak nearly perfect english. better than most asians anyway.

oh yea, and i'd pick Yao.

BBQueen810932
I like Tim Duncun The Best.

Myth
But Tim Duncan wasn't part of the question. It wasn't, who's the best. It was who is better between Shaq or Yao.

wuTa
shaq....yao is soft

LeAtHerRFace
I just hope Lakers lose against the Pistons in the Champs.

2 to 1 Baby!

Sith Master X
I believe you may get your wish. I'm a diehard LA fan, but right now they've got their heads so far up their @$$es against Detroit it'll take a miracle for them to win.

SMX
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.