New footage on ET?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eleonora
I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I can't see any threads about it. A girl named Taylor claims that she saw some new epIII footage (yesterday I think, at least from where I stand) on a SW Soundtrack Special on ET. I wasn't aware of this, has anybody else seen it? confused

Jedi Priestess
I didnt see it myself but there's a big thread on it at TFN so I assume it did indeed happen.

ShadowKing
It was about 15 - 30 seconds long...some of the same stuff from the trailer and one shot of Obi as he crashed his Jedi fighter in the hangar bay, jumped out, flipping in the air and as he lands near a battle droid, he slices its legs out from under it with his lightsaber big grin

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by ShadowKing
It was about 15 - 30 seconds long...some of the same stuff from the trailer and one shot of Obi as he crashed his Jedi fighter in the hangar bay, jumped out, flipping in the air and as he lands near a battle droid, he slices its legs out from under it with his lightsaber big grin

http://img174.echo.cx/img174/3853/animation65ao1mu.gif

ShadowKing
that's the one!thumbup

Eleonora
Does anyone have clips???

LanİeWindu™
What LandoSpeeder2 posted is basically the only fairly new thing in the clip.

HAROLD
I want a link.

Prod
Yeah...they guy who has the soundtrack posted frames of the clip...and someone made a .gif out of it...I dont understand why he doesnt rip off the whole thing???confused

bhusek
Boy, Obi-Wan sure looks digital there even in that choppy version.

HAROLD
Somebody give me a video clip of the entire ET feature!

HAROLD
Did anybody record this?

Xam
EWWW he looks too CG

jedi2187
Originally posted by Xam
EWWW he looks too CG

Don't forget that this will be on the big screen for only a couple of seconds.
At least there are real actors/actresses in this movie, and not a knockoff of Final Fantasy.
As much as I appreciate the usage of CGI and animation in films, nothing will replace live actors.

LandoSpeeder2
I think it looks fine. And if he wasn't CG in that scene who knows how bad it would look.

Alliance
your also looking at it on your fricking computer screen...

LanİeWindu™
Personally I think it looks great, much better than the CG cloak they had on Obi-Wan in AOTC at Dex's Diner.

Alliance
I think that when we see it, we will all be very impressed with most of the CGI...

jedi2187

Eleonora
Well, certain movements are clearly CGI (referring to the clips I've seen so far).

jedi2187
But it does help out in a pinch.
Good example: Luke doing a backflip from the gangplank and back onto the skiff from ROTJ. From a certain point of view, that would have made for a good CG shot right there, but on the other hand, a slight edit of composed shots is just as effective (as presented in the film).
Complex shots need CG, and some need good old fashioned filmed live-action.

vader519
It was the battle of the heroes music video they were showing. It was only that little part that they showed and siad it will be on the dvd that comes with the soundtrack.

jedi2187
Originally posted by vader519
It was the battle of the heroes music video they were showing. It was only that little part that they showed and siad it will be on the dvd that comes with the soundtrack.

which I am looking forward to, btw... rolling on floor laughing

DaveTheHutt
CG or no CG, stuff like this never looks 'real' because, no matter how well it's done, your mind knows it's physically impossible and ergo you instinctively perceive it as fake.

As it happens, I never knew Obi-Wan's cape in Dex's diner was CG'd and so I never looked for any flaws and thus I never saw any.

And sorry, that Luke back-flip in ROTJ may have been done through a combination of real stunts and clever editing, but it was still clearly a movie trick - I was never fooled for a second into believing that Mark Hamill had performed a full and graceful flip for real.

I'm no Prequel apologist - give me the Original Trilogy any day!! - but all this griping about the effects is p*ssing me off. Shut up!!

You want to talk about 'fake looking'? How about the stop-motion Taun-Tauns, the matte lines around the puppety Rancor, the obviously-a-painting cityscapes on Bespin, the wobbly black blob of a bloke on the deck of Jabba's sail barge as it travels towards Sarlacc's Pit, the 'we're obviously in a studio with back projection' bits of the speeder bike chase... the list goes on.

I'm not listing these flaws to revel in them - in fact, the fact that Lucas removed a lot of them in the Special and DVD Editions annoys me, as I want to see those movies as I remember them, warts n' all.

The point is: me and my friends didn't come out of the theatres after seeing the original films bitching every little technical glitch and mistake. We suspended our disbelief and - hey! - enjoyed the films for what they were, mistakes and all.

Why don't you guys and gals try doing the same? You'll find you enjoy the films a heck of a lot more.

Hutt out

Alliance
^^^To Hutt you listen^^^ Isnt star wars all about "Suspension of Belief" granted, criticism is valid...SOMETIMES...wait until you see it in theaters

Darth Bong
Dont forget the black blob on the Emperor's cloak in ROTJ. That one was the coolest! smokin'

astrofan428
Bravo Dave, Bravo.

Eleonora
"CG or no CG, stuff like this never looks 'real' because, no matter how well it's done, your mind knows it's physically impossible and ergo you instinctively perceive it as fake."

Huh?!

"You want to talk about 'fake looking'? How about the stop-motion Taun-Tauns, the matte lines around the puppety Rancor, the obviously-a-painting cityscapes on Bespin, the wobbly black blob of a bloke on the deck of Jabba's sail barge as it travels towards Sarlacc's Pit, the 'we're obviously in a studio with back projection' bits of the speeder bike chase... the list goes on."

I disagree, completely.

"I'm not listing these flaws to revel in them - in fact, the fact that Lucas removed a lot of them in the Special and DVD Editions annoys me, as I want to see those movies as I remember them, warts n' all."

Bravo!!!

ps. Personally I have always loved every second of the whole Star Wars saga but people have a right to express their opinions.
I didn't read what everyone else said, I'm talking for myself.
I just hope that, with the big screen and all, the duel (especially) does not look as fake as people (including me at times) think it will be. smile

bhusek
You didn't know Obi Wan's cloak was CG in AOTC? So did you think Dex was real and really hugged him?

Batman316
no but there is no doubt Jar Jar was real.... nothing that annoying could be CGI

ImperialPEZ
Bhusek,

for joining in January of this year, you sure are being rude and arrogant. There is no need to belittle to argue your point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.