ROTS-Ultimate DVD for the Home Theater?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hyabusha
Anyone here have a home theater? There's just so many scenes for demos. The THX sound will be Incredible!!

astrofan428
That is what I have been thinking, the sapce battle for sound. Then the duels for visual flare.

I still use the charges Jango drops in AOTC to show off my surround sound, and the Geonosis battle. I use the 3 Dooku duels to show off the picture.

hyabusha
Nice.

astrofan428
The Mustafar battle should look absolutely brilliant. A few months ago they showed AOTC on HBO HD. Jaw dropping!!!

hyabusha
anyone else have any opinions on the future DVD?

jedi2187
The opening sequence is jaw-dropping enough.

Darth_Vader05
Revenge Of The Sith will complete my Star Wars DVD collection i cant wait until the DVD comes out and it will be awesome to see The Mustafar Battle on my big screen and with my surround sound.

hyabusha
Will this movie be the Ultimate DVD so far? The picture and especially the ~SOUND~ will be amazing. big grin

tpaquin
I'm in college. I have a little TV and a laptop. The picture quality is satisfactory.

TheElectricFox
Yeah that would be awesome for my 1400 watt 7.1 thx surround sound system. Just hearing the AOTC hanger duel was amazing

JKozzy
I've got a 570 watt 5.1 Sony system... I must say it's still quite impressive smile

astrofan428
56 inch widescreen Sony HDTV living room.

36 inch fullscreen Sony HDTY in my room. 5.1 Sony Surround

TheElectricFox
how big is your sub??

JKozzy
Mine or astro's?

Mine's 70 watts I think. And the other five speakers are 100 watts.

HateWork
52'' HD-TV, with a Harmon-Kardon receiver & speakers. crushing is just one word that describe the sound.

the DTS track on the extended dvd for return of the king rattled pictures off the walls in the movie room, as well in my sisters room.

i cannot wait for the dvd of ROTS, which will rock.

astrofan428
Off-Topic, but the Brad Pitt death scene from Meet Joe Black is an excellent use of surround sound, also quite funny and suprising.

JKozzy
Originally posted by HateWork
52'' HD-TV, with a Harmon-Kardon receiver & speakers. crushing is just one word that describe the sound.

the DTS track on the extended dvd for return of the king rattled pictures off the walls in the movie room, as well in my sisters room.

i cannot wait for the dvd of ROTS, which will rock. Never was clear to me: what's the difference with Dolby Digital and DTS? I know DTS is better, but not why.

HateWork
i'm not even sure myself, but i think DTS has better mixing through the channels and its very focused. i can think of a few movies where the sub was pounding nonstop, but with the DTS tracks, it seemed more focused.

a good example i found was in Clear & Present Danger. i listened to the DD 5.1 track, then the DTS one. the DTS one sounded a little crisper and i could hear a bit more ambient noise (as well as more precise sounds like glass breaking, wreckage burning, etc)

but with that surround system, DD 5.1 is still nothing to joke about, it pounds like hell also.

LandoSpeeder2
My sound with my speakers is awesome, the tv is only a 14" though, that's the biggest tv out of 6 tv's in my house. our 30" tv doesn't work anymore. Our computer screen is bigger than are tv's. we all have the same tv in my family, 1 in each bedroom, and 1 in the gameroom.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
Revenge Of The Sith will complete my Star Wars DVD collection i cant wait until the DVD comes out and it will be awesome to see The Mustafar Battle on my big screen and with my surround sound.

I'm more looking forward to the dvd than the theatrical release.

LandoSpeeder2
Here's what my tv spot looks like

http://img110.echo.cx/img110/4250/dfgdfhy0yc.th.jpg
http://img110.echo.cx/img110/2388/gre1fm.th.jpg
http://img110.echo.cx/img110/5416/jklytuio9lj.th.jpg
I have 2 of these speakers.

OB1-adobe
laughing

I hope you don't bring any dates

LandoSpeeder2
lol

HateWork
i tried taking a picture, but all i got is the crappy webcam camera, and the pics i took were ****

if i can find the digital camera, i can take some sweet pictures. actually if i find the digi cam, you may see my set up on ign for ultimate set ups

LandoSpeeder2
Mine are crap cus I took them with my vid cam. Actually I recorded it and then put it on my computer and then made a picture out of the video. It would have been worse if I took it with the camera function, it's less than 1 mega pixel

maddani
hopefully it will support 7.1
sound nothing i have does!

Sadako of Girth
Wasn't too long ago that I got my first environmental health complaint letter because of mine.....
Can't wait to terrify the neighbours with ROTS..... laughing

macgeek2005
Jeeez, this stuff doesn't really make a difference you know.

once your watching the movie it's the same.

I have my 15" LCD Moniter for my computer, and I watch all my dvd's on that. It's great. Crystal Clear Digital Image. It's that kind of screen that you can put your face right up to, so It can seem huge, the closer I get.

hyabusha
I can't wait to enjoy ROTS on my 65" widescreen with 9.3 Digital sound.

mtryder
No, I have the biggest penis.

astrofan428
Sorry Mac, but it does make a difference.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.