On the heels of LOTR, should terry brookes make Shannara series into a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

biskit13
With the LOTR being as sucessfull as it was, should terry brookes make (or allow) the Shannara series to be made into a "live" action ,movie, or series of movies?

Lana
Mmmmm....I don't really think so. While they are good books, they're just TOO much like LOTR. Plus there are tons of them, so what part of the story would you mean?

biskit13
Hell, start with the first king of shanarra , and then maybe take it from there, we all get to see allanon introduced, and he is around for for, what, the next 3 (?) books after that

ZephroCarnelian
Personally, I think that Landover books would make better movies.

They're far different from LOTR and there's a greater fantasy element than in the mainstream Shannara books.

ragesRemorse
These books probably havent been made into a film because no one can find a good reason, and i dont blame them. What boring repetitive books. dont worry though these books have a huge following so it will be made into a film sooner or later...gaurenteed.

shadowmantis
i dont think shannara would work as a movie. its cool as a book, but as a movie, it would be boring as hell.

...unless they pack it with CG. oh hey, thats kinda like LOTR wink

Cait Sith
I think some of Raymod E. Feist Books would make awesome movies. Like Magician. But Shannara....i dont know if they would be good as movies.

shadowmantis
i know ringworld is more scifi than fantasy, but i think the first book would make an awesome movie. ive heard that scifi channel is making a short series on it, but i dont know how true that is.

now, a DISCWORLD movie.. that would rock :P

Lana
The Shannara books are good....but a lot of them I think just are TOO similar to LOTR.

Maybe the Voyage of the Jerle Shannara trilogy would work.

And yes, Discworld movie would be kick-ass big grin

Leafar
The Sword of Shanara is the most well known, so it will be made into a movie within 3 years. The deal with Warner Brothers has been made...they have the rights...according to an unconfirmed rumor. sick

sgtdisturbed47
Well, The Sword of Shannara makes a great book. as for a movie, well, its not that it is like the LOTR books or movies, but the story branches into too many sections wich would just make it too difficult to make a movie even remotely similar to the book. I would like to see Running With the Deamon, a Knight of the Word, and Angel Fire East turned into movies.

Trickster
Originally posted by Cait Sith
I think some of Raymod E. Feist Books would make awesome movies. Like Magician. But Shannara....i dont know if they would be good as movies.

I concur - but then again, it would be hard to cast for those charcters I think. Less description of them really.

Perhaps it would be easier to make a film of Talon of the Silver Hawk?

bman3k
Hi guys, I'm new.

I disagree with you guys, Shannara is much better than LOTR. LOTR bored the crap out of me (I might read them again to make sure), the only one of Tolkiens books I liked was The Hobbitm loved it. I don't think Brooks should make his books into movies, we all picture the characters and events differently. I think if there was a movie lots of us would be vastly dissapointed. I really don't think Shannara is anything like LOTR.

smity
I think they should have made the first two books first king and the sword into movies before lotr ever came out

Blax_Hydralisk
Any fantasy movie that comes out now will just be seen as riding on the coat tails of Lord of the Rings, and Narnia because Narnia managed to slip by.

I personally, think all movie adaptations of fantasy novels are crap except for Lotr.

coolmovies
The thing is they make a movie out of anything theses days look hat Hitman the game . Things like Tomb raider, HP also turned into movies.

starlock
Yes make them...just make them good...thats all

BetrayedUnicorn
Originally posted by coolmovies
The thing is they make a movie out of anything theses days look hat Hitman the game . Things like Tomb raider, HP also turned into movies.

correct amundo.

lannfear
would like to see the chronicles of thomas covenant the unbeliever done........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.