Underrated power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpyCspider
Which power of Spidey's do you think is most underrated? Or that the comics don't use a lot for some reason.

To me, Spidey's pretty well-rounded but if I HAD to pick ONE thing that the comics don't focus as much on, it would be his strength. I mean, the guy can lift 10 tons (or is it more?) but they don't make a point of it much because ....well...he's got niftier powers such as agility, spider-sense, wall-climbing, and his incredible web-shooters. Plus, there are lots of heroes/villains who outclass him in strength, so Spidey's not much of a power-hitter. And he's kind of small and lithe, so people usually don't associate strength with that image.

Ketchuptome
Agree yes

Nataku8188
It's the only power he has that isn't showcased as it should be. He could easily kill people by crushing their skulls. Martial artists as it is can break open cocoanuts with their bare hands, and those things take more PSI to break than the human skull.

nimbus006
Spiderman's personality does not lend itself to breaking open someones skull, he is a cheerful comedic type of hero who cracks jokes when he is fighting... the use of strength usually goes hand in hand with being very aggresive and violent (i.e the Hulk) which Spiderman is not, and thus the reaon he is usually not portrayed as being a powerhouse strength guy

Nataku8188
He could crack open a midget's skull. No one likes midgets.

Spiderman_RJ
the reason spider-man holds his strenght its strategy, he never show how powerfull he is to the enemy on first encounter, and plus the fact i can lift like 1 ton dont mean i can hit with 1 ton pressure thats much diferent.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
the reason spider-man holds his strenght its strategy, he never show how powerfull he is to the enemy on first encounter, and plus the fact i can lift like 1 ton dont mean i can hit with 1 ton pressure thats much diferent.

Yeah, you hit with a lot more than 1 ton of pressure. When you hit something your strength isn't a factor so much as how fast your fist is moving, and how much weight is behind it. You can swing very hard and build up a lot of momentum, or you can punch foward and use your weight with the punch.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ

You cannot lift a ton. No way.

Unless that's not what you meant...

doctorstrongbad
They never show his max strength, but he always talks about "pulling his punches" so he won't kill people.

Spiderman_RJ

doctorstrongbad
They also punk out his spider sense a lot. I wish it was more accurate.

brainchild81
Me too.

Spideys Sister
He really Shold close his eyes ,take a deep breathe,and focus more. Then he could be able to tell where the punches are coming from.

Spiderman_RJ
and u call urself spidersister? go watch karate kid, or knight of zodiac.

Spideys Sister
No no no! I read it some where he did that once and he kicked butt with it too!

doctorstrongbad
What comic was that do you have an issue number?

Spideys Sister
Never mind it was Mayday who did it when she fought Normie Venom...
Coulda sworn.... sad

brainchild81
A younger Spidey closed his eyes when he fought Wolverine in Germany.

doctorstrongbad
Do you have an issue # for that comic?

Spideys Sister
they be like me...or not. I dunno.send a pic if u have the issue

Doc Ock
His Spidey sense.How many times has it saved his ass???

Spideys Sister
Too many

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.