Chapter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tint
Which chapter of any of the LoTR books did you hate the most? Which one did you like the most?

I couldnt stand to read the COuncil of Elrond. It was too long.

I liked Shelobs Lair, though.

mah
I liked all parts of the book until after the last battles was fought.

Ushgarak
It cannot be said that any of the early chapters are exactly a thrilling ride though excitement-ville.

mah
true...but important to introduce the ring and its effect

Mujaffa
every chapter are just as good as the other wink

Captain REX
The only thing I can say that I didn't like was reading all of those names during the Council of Elrond. I read all of it, but it was really long!

Palanfirith
I liked the chapter with Rivendell,Tom Bombadil(funny) and.....i guess I like hobbiton too.

I hated that chapter on that snowy mountain before Moria.

Dexx
The fight for Minas Tirith

Smodden
counsil of elrond was incredibly looooonnnnnggggg..........

azszhz
i loved the whole book
but i hated the last chapter, not because it was bad (maybe i should say disliked it) but because it was the very last chapter and that made me really sad

Melani
I just started reading the books im on the 1st book in the prologe stick out tongue

Kitoky
I can understand why some of you would dislike the Council of Elrond chapter, and I agree it can drag on for a while. Though in that one chapter Tolkien was explaining what's going to happen and what the consequences would be if they just did nothing, and in the movies, PJ , Fran, and Phillipa had some trouble writing that scene.

My favorite chapter in the books would have to be the Minas Tirith chapter in the RotK book.

My least favorite, was more when Frodo and crew first start their journey.

Suzuka
I don't realy like the council, simply cause it's long, it's not boring though, so i read it every time (6 so far smile) I can't choice a favorite, are you kidding? that's too hard smile has anyone read the Simmarillian? (i can't spell it stick out tongue) i'm reading it and it's interesting, but long...anyone read Leaf and Tree?? a 25 p. essay by Tolkien? I did, interesting, but kindof boring smile Tolkien loves to talk smile

Exa

Eamane
Minas Tirith Fights... and the Mines of Moria

LoTR are great books - excellents - but I agree that Silmarillion is BRILLIANT... yes

sauron
hey, im re-reading the lotr book, and am currently on long expected party big grin i love the early chapters, before all the, haha if you do one thing wrong we will all die

manny321
minas trinth and plennor feilds were confusing. its like minas trinth under attack then all of sudden the riders of rohan, came then i don't remember eliphants and where the heck did ghost army come from. (this is when i read the book) Then aragon was fighting with mouth of sauor then they were crowning the king. it was like suddenly going from one part to the other. the rest was god. i wishhed the smauir guys from ttt were oin rotk, then this would have beaten spiderman.

Smodden
the chapter where frodo "dies" that was realy sad i wanted to die myself

Suzuka
I never got the dead army that good, but that's ok smile the field chapter(s) isn't that hard...you must have skipped something, but Aragorn can't fight the mouth of Saroun (because he doesn't) and he's king so...yeah, I don'tknow what you're reading stick out tongue and what are the "smauir" guys? and ROTK pwns Spiderman smile Oh, smodden....i thought it was Eyown....or did you not mean her? sorry smile

Smodden
u know when frodo gets stung by shelob and sam says "he's ....dead!!"

i just flung the book accross the room and wouldn't believe it. then i read the next couple pages and it was fine.

Suzuka
haha, when I got to that part I ran to my brothers and was like "is he really dead??" I almost cried, but they were like "just read the book" so i was mad but then happy, hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.