Is life too short for comedies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A Talking Dog
i would have to agree with myself.

Gregory
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if you mean what I think you mean, I disagree. Life is short; if we can't enjoy it, it is also worthless.

wuTa
are u saying life is too short to laugh

Darth Revan
Yes. I like funny TV shows, but funny movies drive me crazy for some reason. The fact is, life isn't funny. In fact, life is a b!tch. I used to like comedies, but... God I just don't like then anymore for some reason...

A Talking Dog
oh, dearie me, i would have to say "whoopsie-doodle"

i am soooo thily. wouldn't you agree with the thilyness?
i got so caught up in the moment, that i forgot to specify what i was agreeing with, considering i proposed the question.
and the answer, boy and girls, is "yes", life is too short for comedies. that is what i was agreeing with.
again, that was just thily of me.

Gregory
If life is too short for humor, it's certainly too short to waste on internet forums. And yet, here we all are.

A Talking Dog
Gregory,

why so glum chum?
here, have a lolly. you like lollies? don't ya?
i will send you the money to go and purchase a lolly pop from your nearest drug store.

wow, you are so funny, did you ever stop and think that the holocaust could have happened because Jesus was pissed about what happened to him?! ain't it cool news?

Darth Revan
Wait--allow me to further explain myself, as well. I watch funny movies if they're on TV, or if somebody rents one. I laugh at them. Comedies are funny. no expression What I'm starting to dislike about them is the fact that they're so damn shallow and pointless... Most of them don't have an actual story or meaning to them, which just... Well, let me put it this way--if you're going to make a movie, base it around an actual idea, not just a bunch of slapstick (or otherwise) humor.

Gregory
Me, glum? I'm not the one who's saying life's to short for comedy.

And I'm an atheist, so it has never occured to me to blame Jesus for anything, least of all the Holocaust. But I'm not sure what that has to do with the subject at hand.

A Talking Dog
no, no, you see, life is worthless, right?
whats the point of anything in your little straight shooting world?
am i right, folks?

A Talking Dog
wouldn't you agree that the f-all attitude in life is so very, oh lets call it, banale, and almost cliche in itself. i just hate a cliche, thats all.

punkyhermy
nah!!!!!life is all about fun and enjoment and making as many good memories as you can.This is because when the "dark times" of your life hit, it is these memories that beaome our ray of hope, of survival....that's what i have learned in life so far...never let a moment escape as it could be worthy of adding to your "best-moments-of-life" list.

Gregory
No, I do not consider life to be worthless. I don't believe it has a "point," but rather than find that thought depressing (as some do), I find it liberating--I can imbue my life with my own purpose.

A Talking Dog
thats better, its much less cliche now.
"i can ride a bike again"

DemonicGambit-2
Life is never too short for comedies, they're what makes life bearable

A Talking Dog
i really wouldn't consider comedies to make life bearable. they are just so cliched now, that they make life more annoying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.