Should Exotic Pets be Banned?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I think so.

Darth Revan
It depends on what you mean by "exotic" and where said exotic animal comes from.

Draco69
Exotic pets are pets that are not domesticated. Example: cat & dog = domesticated; Spitting Cobra = exotic.

Fishy
Yes, they are more dangerous then other pets. they are often rare things to begin with, and if they are not at that time they will probably be in the near future.

Not to mention that a lot of time people end up throwing the things away when they become older because they can't handle them anymore, also the living enviremont for the animals ussually sucks.

Alpha Centauri
Snakes are exotic. Lizards, amphibians also.

Why should they be banned? There's no reason.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Some can be reasonable.. but having a pet lion or tiger is just ridiculous unless you're like a millionaire who has the means to keep it even when it is full grown.

smoker4
I dont think people should be allowed to keep anything from the Mesozoic Era as a pet

Fishy
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Depends on what snake

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Draco69
I think so.

Why do you think they should get ban?They are animals and no animal (according to my twin sister)should be baned.JM mad

sexylexy32
It all depends on where the animals comes from and what environment and climate it has been exposed to. However,I think some people will go a little overboard when it comes to having exotic animals as pets......

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Why do you think they should get ban?They are animals and no animal (according to my twin sister)should be baned.JM mad

He said pets...not animals...

What is wrong with you?

I, myself would like to have an bear as an pet. I would ride to school with it.

Darth Revan
Some should be, others are okay. Smaller snakes and lizards are fine, as well as some birds... Another issue is that there's a fairly substantial black market for various endangered birds and reptiles. Odd as it may seem, the pet trade has a not insignificant impact on said endangered birds and reptiles. Several species of parrots, especially.

smoker4
http://ikoncity.4orce.com/images/brands/B40696E865DC7D_bigone.jpg

Sorry couldnt resist smokin'

SlipknoT
No, Not at all. I think that as long as the owner is responsible enough to care for the pet and make sure it does not get out that it is fine. Btw I have 2 pythons, 1 Boa, 2 turtles, and a tortoise.

Bardock42
Well I don't know this person "Exotic Pets" personaly...but I guess if he did something wrong he should get banned.....ask a mod aboot that.

Darth Revan
The point is that many people are irresponsible and DON'T care for their pets.

§P0oONY
Exotic animals can be domesticated, tropical fish are considered exotic and there is no reason why they don't make suitable pets (exceptions apply, of course),

Darth Revan
A fish and a snake are two very different things. Most tropical fish that people keep are relatively small, and don't require anything but clean water and food. It's hard to abuse a fish.

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't be so bold there Revaniser, I know plenty of people who beat their fish, man.

-AC

Darth Revan
What a hideous disgrace mad

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Darth Revan
A fish and a snake are two very different things. Most tropical fish that people keep are relatively small, and don't require anything but clean water and food. It's hard to abuse a fish.

But the question wasn't should snakes be banned, it was should exotic pets should be banned, i realise they are different but they both fit in to the category of exotic, so my answer is no exotic pets shouldn't be banned because perfectly normal pets fit in to the category, if the question was "should wild animals be allowed as pets?" then i would say no

Draco69
What I specifically meant was by exotic: tigers, alligators, poisonous snakes, parrots, endangered animals, etc.

§P0oONY
What I specifically meant was by exotic: tigers, alligators, poisonous snakes, parrots, endangered animals, etc.

Well ya forgot one thing.......

To actually specify it

Draco69
Blast!

Next Venom_girl
This is what happens when people care for exotic pets irresponsibly:
There is now a population of non-native wildcats, cougars, and panthers in the UK because people released them into the wild rather than have to pay for an expensive cage that became required by law.
http://www.bigcats.org/
But idiots + exotic pets usually sort themselves out naturally. evil face

Curl_Up&Dye
as long as theyre not a threat to anyone, and is properly contained... then i dont have a problem....

but i dont want to be calling pet control because my neighbor's lion got out again.

Imperial_Samura
I think if its legal, and if the person is going to take extremely good care of them, and even better, if its part of some bigger scheme (like a breeding program) that a person should be allowed to own exotic pets. But not in a "I can have what ever I want kind of way".

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well I don't know this person "Exotic Pets" personaly...but I guess if he did something wrong he should get banned.....ask a mod aboot that. laughing

SlipknoT
As Long as you can Care for the pet there is nothing wrong. More people each year are attacked by pit bull and rotwilers than any pet snake or alligator.

AdventChild
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

safety reasons.... lawsuits if the tiger, spitting cobra, bear attacks some one and another reason is because it's too much hassle for animal control to get it if it gets out.. how are you going to tame it, and how are you going to keep it within you walls.....

AdventChild
i mean if you can afford it it's fine.... but for any regular civilian ....no....

Imperial_Samura
Yes, it has to be in moderation. I mean, I think it's ok for people like Sigfried and Roy to be allowed to own tigers and the like, as they have the ability to care for them correctly, and it aids in conservation and protection, where as I don't think some little old lady should be allowed to keep a tiger in her single room apartment on the 10th floor or whatever.

PVS

but thats YOUR definition of exotic, not THE definition.
and why parrots? how did you go from tigers, alligators and cobras to parrots?

i have two ferrets, which are considered exotics. should they be banned?

Draco69
Parrots should be in the rainforest. SAVE THE RAINFOREST!

*cackles insanely*

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by SlipknoT
As Long as you can Care for the pet there is nothing wrong. More people each year are attacked by pit bull and rotwilers than any pet snake or alligator. That might be because you don't see that many stray alligators running around.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
That might be because you don't see that many stray alligators running around. Exactly, so I dont see what the big deal is.

smoker4
Originally posted by PVS
but thats YOUR definition of exotic, not THE definition.
and why parrots? how did you go from tigers, alligators and cobras to parrots?

i have two ferrets, which are considered exotics. should they be banned?

Yes they should be terminated laughing out loud

I joke of course, are monkeys considered exotic? if i had a pet monkey i would spank him, again i joke smokin'

mr.smiley
http://quizilla.com/users/mr.smiley/quizzes/ find%20out%20which%20xmen%20character%20you%20are!

pay no attention to this

maya159

I have a parrot!!! sad

smoker4
Originally posted by maya159
I have a parrot!!! sad

Its not dead, its asleep smokin'

Fire
to me its fairly easy. if it is an endangered species it's a big no. If not if you take care of the animal then sure why not

sk8stuff09
if u live in an urban neighborhood with lots of children next door, u probably shouldnt be keeping a tiger running around in your backyard.

PVS
Originally posted by smoker4
Its not dead, its asleep smokin'

NO!!!!!! ITS DEAD!!! IT HAS CEASED TO BE!!! IT IS AN EX-PARROT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaidaboo
NO.... if you have the money to keep it you should be able to keep an animal...my friend has plenty of exotic animals and they are awsome ...she has a monkey they dont do anyharm..y should they be illegal..shit she even had a lion but since they didnt have land for it to roam free they gave it to a sanctuary..y cant you love animals without getting in trouble for it ..alll you panseys that said its not ok go get a big dog that might accidently eat you thanx

PVS
i dont see how a dog can accidentally eat you.
im sure if it did eat you it would be quite on purpose.

smoker4
Originally posted by PVS
NO!!!!!! ITS DEAD!!! IT HAS CEASED TO BE!!! IT IS AN EX-PARROT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laughing out loud

No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.