Featuring: Death of an X-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jury Copeland
Death of an X-man has been really, really sorry. But some deaths appeared to be confusing and disturbing. So, I started this thread to discuss about it, as well as to commemorate the dead.

Corrections are open. If you think someone's post appeared to have a wrong information, let it be known... and post your proof.

So, if you have some informations about those deaths, the cause, and the possible reasons, post them here and be sure to attach the best shot that captured the sorrowful event.

Jury Copeland
As the flame dies out

When the Brotherhood of Evil Mutant has once again attempted to assassinate Senator Robert Kelly, the X-Men came to rescue. In the course of battle, Pyro's mutant power flared out of control,because of the Legacy virus.

As Pyro suffered and died, there was going to be no way to save him, and we understood that we would never see him again.

xmen fan
are we like talking about the comics?cuz if we r .....i don't know anything about em.

Vampiree
jury... sesy won't like the first death you described no pyro... cry

xmen fan
ummm so....pyro was a stuck up moron in X2!

Sunspot
how many xmen have died?

I only know: colossus, psylocke, x-man, jean and thunderbird

kohl
psylocke. sigh.

kohl
zeitgeist.

Sunspot
I know that x-statix suffered bloody deaths, but they dont count as xmen

kohl
what do you mean?

Sunspot
I was talking about the deaths of the members of the x-Men team, and zeitgeist was from X-statix, so he doesnt count as an xmen

kohl
if you're being specific we can't consider any of the other teams either.

Sunspot
Im not saying that you cant post the deaths of the other guys. I was just listing the deaths of the xmen team members that I know

DezW
sad

MaverickIce
Sucks for them. J/k. I think Psylocke death was pretty pointless...

Jury Copeland
... sad

Jury Copeland
Psychic Blades No More

Psylocke accepted Storm's invitation to join the team for the quest of Destiny's Diaries. During their search in Valencia, where one of Destiny's houses where located, a villain named Vargas followed them and was eagerly to kill one of them... Psylocke, being the unfortunate one.

Read Psylocke's Ultimate Biography.

Jury Copeland
The Grave of Steel

A sacrificial death of Colossus...

sad ...sigh

Sesy Allerdyce
i don't like this thread... no

Sunspot
I totally agree with you on that, can you guys tell me more about the death of x-man?

Maelstrom
Professer Xaviar killed his formost enemy in Cairo, Egypt. His name is Amieal Farouk. He sensed an evil emenation by a telepath and walked into his lair where Farouk (a fat arab) was sitting at a table in a restraunt setting. He was dressed in white with a white suit coat and a large white saucer hat. Professer X walked at the time. On his way to confront the telepath a young black girl with white hair who had learned how to be an expert thief tried, unknowingly to pick the wallet of a telepath. Professer in his urgancy to confront the evil one, let Storm go after chastizing her. He entered the caberate`, and not a word was exchanged.
Proff. fried his brain. Somehow Faurok let his body die and his mind be imprisoned on the astral plain. Eventually he found his was back to enter another body.

platinumx
in the ultimate comics psylocke and colossus are still alive big grin

Paola
big grin

Jury Copeland
Yes, but the Marvel Universe regards Psylocke's current status as DECEASED.

Sunspot
which is correct cause the main universe is the uncanny xmen, not the ultimate

Jury Copeland
So, anyone here can describe the actual death of Jean Grey? The one which is officially recorded and with exact proof. I know Jean's death was pretty confusing because of the Phoenix thing... but not so sure...

So, somebody? Don't forget to attach an image.. please.

If you want to describe an X-man's death... pls try to attach a photo as possible... wink

Lone_Dragon
I don't read the comic or anything <.<; but I'd like to see Scott and Remy's deaths? If they ever died o.o;

Sunspot
they didnt died, they were close to death, cyclops merged with apocalypse and ceased to exist but jean and cable separated them

Sunspot
and gambit was almost killed by vargas but rogue saved him

Lone_Dragon
-cries- Rogueh died! ;_; She was ALWAYS mah fav. X-gal ;_; Jubes coming in at second and Vertigo third ;_;

Sunspot
she didnt died, she has wolvies healing factor

Lone_Dragon
o.o; Well, like I said, I don't read the comics stick out tongue But thankies! -huggles Sunspot-

Sunspot
ur welcome -hugs back-

Lone_Dragon
-offers Sunspot a cookie- Hmm...Did Kurt ever die? And what does the St. stand for in Pyro's name? <.<; I never got that... -feels all dumb and stuffs- u.u

woahquicksilver
I am a bit worried by the amount of deaths in Essential X-men at the moment! I am still recovering from the death of Collossus. Also, in Ultimate they just shot Quicksilver-I'm hoping that its a hoax, somehow, anyways...

BarmyBrummie
this thread is depressing no expression

DezW
Kurt died as Michael Darkholme in a What if..? comic, and maybe in the X-Treme X-Men. in the Universe X he lost his arm... AoA Kurt is presumably deceased (???), Mutant X Nightcrawler is died.

RoguePw25
Sunspot, I'm guessing that Rogue didn't die because she coud "recall" Wolverine's healing factor and heal herself??

Sunspot
yeah, and nightcrawler didnt died in xtreme xmen, cause if he had died in the xtreme xmen he would be dead for good, cause xtreme xmen is part of the main marvel universe, its parallel to the uncanny xmen. And in AoA almost everyone died in the final battle against apocalypse

Jury Copeland
The First X-Woman

So what can you comment about this?

Akujin
hey guys, your all talking about deaths and everything but wot about wolverine who got his skelelton ripped out of his body by magneto, and every one who died in the fight against Onslaught after Wolverine got killed eh eh.....dun if its in the marvel universe but I think almost everyone died in the fight against onslaught.

Sunspot
yeah, but after that franklin richards teleport all the heroes(spiderman, hulk, avengers, ironman, fantastic four,etc etc) to another dimension, and then he teleported them back to our reality...and wolvie never died....

Akujin
cheers for the clearin that up sunspot.

Back2U
Death that don't make sense and why:

Psylocke: because after drinking the crimson dawn she became a creature of mystical energy, maybe the skull creature was welcoming her as some sort of asian valkyrie.

Colossus: The Legacy Virus shoul never have taken him out, as the virus only attacks beta or lower mutants and humans, if you look at all the people who were infected you will see that this is where the plot was going, and the fact that the virus was engineered by Stryfe who was weeened on apocolyptic ideals further strengthens the case. The virus would never have taken to him, someone like Beak or Skin would have been likely test subjects, not Colossus as evident in AOA he was a high ranking alpha.

Blink: A mutant can't die by their own powers unless they are affected by the legacy virus.

Synch: Everrett's powers or character were never really understood by any of the writers as neither one was ever consistant, but the original character was able to retain elements of powers he had come into contact with for a few hours afterward, and could also get into syncronicity with Banshee when he was miles away, so him not being able to synch with Monet makes no sense at all.

I know these three aren't X-men but they could have potentially been X-force members, they are the three most likely hellions to have survived, roullette being least of the three.

Tarot
Roulette
and
Catseye: Due to the nature of their powers I don't think any of these three could be killed, this has been proven by the return of Tarot.

Sunspot
but colossus didnt died of the legacy virus, he died of the cure, he injected himself with the cure, and then when he triggered his mutant power, he released the cure throughout the world....dying in the process

Jason Horan
You guys have probably already discussed this but how did Rogue and Gambit die? confused

DarkCrawler

Jason Horan
Well I got a picture floating around my computer where there is Gambit laying down rogue is on top of him with a huge sword going straight through them...does anyone know what im talking about? confused I'll see if I can find the picture maybe that'll help big grin

kohl
vargas stabbed them and they almost died. rogue managed to heal gambit and lost her powers.

Paola
......and the she killed Vargas!!! happy go ROGUE!!!!
and a question:

how many times have Rogue died (if she has) and how? big grin

Sunspot
I explained that situation a few posts ago!!!! mad

Paola
^ I thought that was for me cry

Back2U
None to my knowledge, the only person I can think of that could pull it off would be Sebastion or Shinobi Shaw, assuming that her absorbtion power is only relative to her epidermis(skin) either one of them or Kitty pryde could crush her windpipe, Kitty AOA could definately have killed her with those claws she had.

It would take Karnak of the inhumans to work out how to kill her, his ability is to find the flaw in anything and strike it with precise accuracy to destroy it.

Sunspot
yeah I explained that to you big grin, but he could have read it too mad

Wynndar
back in the day....wasnt their an x-man with the power to speak any language....can't remember his name.....but i thought he was one of the first x-men to die

kohl
cypher?

Back2U
Cypher - Douglas Ramsey
Had the power of languages but he could have eventually picked up telepathic abilities like he had in AOA, in AOA he was able to pick up the shadow king in host bodies, and spread a babel spectrum acorss the whole of avalon enabling everyone to speak without the barrier of language.

He was killed by a gunshot, he used his body as a human shield to save Rahne Sinclair Aka Wolfsbane fired at her by some guy that was a Dr Moreau rip off, like we don't have enough *cough* high evolutionary *cough* The wierd thing about it is the creature bird-boy that set into action the whole chain of events was instantly hated by doug who was generally placid, maybe he had precognitive potential. We'll never know.

His form was emulated by Warlok during the Phalanx Saga and for some time afterward.

The Horrible thing of it was poor little Rahne had only just begun to discover that she liked him.

kohl
indeed--how very sad.

Back2U
I could maybe scan some of these deaths up in the next couple of days and someone else can link them to this thread.

Collidor
wwwwwwhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa sad
how could yu all forget about morph?????????
thats so sad that not one of you menchined morph
it makes me cry that you could leave such a cool guy out
sniff sniff

Collidor
im sorry i couldnt find a pic and i dont remember how he died

kohl
you mean changeling? if so, he died while impersonating prof x who was away attempting to control what i believe was an alien invasion.

Jury Copeland
Death in the Family

That was the episode I remembered when the death of an X-man Morph was mentioned. He was shot by a robot-monster, the Sentinel, which cause his death. He was carried on by the Beast's arms saying:

"I would like you to remember me this way" Changing himself into Beasts' apppearance and there he ceased his last breath. I'm not sure of the exact words... but it was just something like that.

Depressing indeed.

Back2U
Episode? Do you mean issue?
The Cartoon series or the comic issue because the Xmen TAS episode was called "night of the sentinels"

But the comic series was apparently way before my days of collecting and even prior to any of the story lines that affected the comics I bought so there was no need to get back issues, when was this exactly because it has always been annoying for me not to have exact points of reference on this character apart from his deceased status in the Xavier Instute Alumni Yearbook

Jason Horan
Gee mate I asked nicely, you don't have to get mad at me...it was a simple question mad...so you dont need to pick on me sad

Back2U
Jason it's here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33929&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

Sunspot
I wasn't mad at you, it's just that I explained that situation in the page before... big grin

Jury Copeland
well, i've seen it in X-Men Animated Series Season 1, Episode 2, I guess.

Episode Title: A Death in the Family

Paola
is that Morph anyway related to Exiles' Morph? are they the same person? confused confused

Collidor
I dont know but could someone find me the pic

Jury Copeland
I have the comics X-Men Adventures (published locally)... these issues were based mainly in the teleplay X-Men TAS. I'm sure the Morph was there. I'll try to scan the page when he exactly attacked by the sentinel.. when I got some time soon. wink

Jury Copeland
MORPH appeared in different versions.

The Morph whom I am discussing about is the TAS version. He died there in the attack of the sentinels. His power is obviously, to morph. In TAS, I know you saw him already if you watched the first season of the X-MEN TAS. He looks exactly as a human being. Slim and brown hair. His vital statistics, I guess, remain variable.

In 616 universe, he was called Changeling. But the name was no longer used by the Marvel since DC has hero with the same codename. Changeling, nevertheless, appeared to be Morph counterpart in 616 universe.

In AoA universe, where his true name was revealed as Sidney or Kevin.. one appeared to be first or middle name since his last name remains unknown.

Contrary to his appearance in X-Men TAS, here's how he looks in the Exiles Universe:

Back2U
Yeah his name was Sidney hang on I'll look him up in the yearbook

Back2U
Damn it doesn't say a name but it tells of how he died in the normal comic continuum:

"THE CHANGELING:

Learning that an Alien Race called the Z'nox was intending to invade the earth, the professor decided to go into seclusio to prepare a defense. Not wishing to upset his devoted students he appointed our shape-shifting former enemy, the Changeling, who had since reformed, to impersonate Xavier during his absence.The Proffessor's scenario went Awry when the Changeling, in his image, perished in halting a doomsday device that threatened to destroy the planet. "

I'm guessing all this happened way back when the team was all white american youth in the 60's

Especially seeing the costume in the picture which I'll scan up later

Jury Copeland
Yeah, that's how Changeling died. I remember that when I read the X-Men History in Marvel Universe Handbook.

gambit419
i thought morph was brought back to life by Mr. Sinister in the tv series?

Collidor
can anyone besides me count how many times wolverine as died???????

Sunspot
I just know a couple, and he didnt died due to his powers, I'll just list the ones that would kill a normal human being or mutant without the healing factor:
his body was opened and adamantium was laced into his bones
magneto ripped his skeleton
he was mauled by a dinossaur in the savage land
he was stabbed in the neck by shadowcat while inpersonating death
thos are the ones I can remeber right now, but I'm sure there are millions....

Paola
I have them too!!! eek!

Collidor
Theres one you missed that most ppl havent heard of it was on a planet in the middle of nowhere and when he died and regenerated his body infused with dark matter and he became DARK CLAW

rox
holyshit

rox
omg

Collidor
ppl are very inactive on this thread lately

VENOMfan
WTF thats a hell of a way to die

kohl
absolutely. x-statix is evidently famous for its gory death scenes.

Paola
I know I always ask this but...... any pics? big grin

kohl
hard to tell who this was. plazm?

kohl
battering ram and zeitgeist.

kohl
bloke. :<

kohl
saint anna.

Collidor
wheres my pic of the death of morph

Jury Copeland
Sorry Coll... my scanner crashed couple of days ago...
..and I'm some kind of busy right now... couldn't find any scanner...
so maybe, I'll be going down town to find scanning services and got to pay for it. smile .... some time soon. big grin

Paola
thanx kohl happy

kohl
sure.

Collidor
PPL haven't posted in a week was wrong with you

Jury
i miss this thread... but anybody has news about recent deaths?

Sunspot
beast died in the ultimate world but that doesn't count right?

Jury
actually this thread doesn't limit only into one universe... as long as it describes a death of an X-man.. it counts.

Darth Jello
Here's the ones I know of: Thunderbird, Psylocke, Phoenix, X-Man, Cypher, three of the five stepford cuckoos, Magik, Colossus, Basilisk, and Skin

Jury
It would be better if you feature the events... don't wait someone ask you "how they died"? Like what I'm gonna ask you...

How they died?

I mean Thunderbird, X-Man, or the ones who have not mentioned yet in this thread... Additional pictures would be better, too.

Sunspot
I think beast in the ultimate universe was killed by a sentinel attack...sorry I don't know much of it..

Paola
eek! Sunny!!!!
yeah Beast was killed and Storm got pretty mad messed

Jury
More X-Men death updates?

Jury
Refreshing up old official threads.

Viviane Hor
mad

Fiann@
Skin >> Was crucified, Magma and Jubille also nearly died during that cruxifiction thing.

Jury
More deaths please.

gambit12 mon ami

Jury
No more deaths? confused

gambit12 mon ami

Fiann@
You want them to die? stick out tongue

I just read the New Mutants House of M graphic novel, and loads of them die in that.

I assume we've got the two Stepford Cuckoos that died in 616.

ScarletPheonix
Spoiler

Wallflower and tag die

Jury
Perhaps, guys you might want to add more info about their death... Not just sitting up there and telling us they died.

gambit12 mon ami

ScarletPheonix
wallflower was shot in the head by william stykers goons and Tag and other new students were blown while on a bus by william stryker

Jury
Oh, bad Stryker. Can't he be so original?

It would be cooler if there are scans and images attached therein. yes

gambit12 mon ami

ScarletPheonix
k ill work on it

Jury
Merci.

gambit12 mon ami

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.