Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Review and Confirmation Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
This thread is for confirmation on all tournament teams.

Please post any changes. If you specify any changes then post your ENTIRE new team and specify whose mind/body/powers you are choosing.

Example of proper team post:

If you do not post in the above format then you cannot participate.

If you have your own self made biography of your amalgam's life and history please post it in this thread.

If you have a problem with another draft choice, then please present valid unopinionated evidence with scans of comics and links. Also, you must specify how the chosen character is too powerful even within the set rules.

My decision on all drafts are final and undisputable.

Link to rules:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t337503.html

Nataku8188
The Psysplodin' Surfer
Silver Surfer - Body, mind, and powers
Damage - Powers
Psylocke - Fighting ability and powers

Scoobless
Flash Thordon.....ah ahhhh....... Saviour of the Universe.....
lol

Thor: Body/Power/Hammer
Quasar: Quantum Bands
Flash: Power

i take it the amalgam has the knowledge of all the component characters in the use of their powers...... right?

Quick Freeze
scoob, which hero is the mind of falsh thordon

Khellendros
Mr. Blackstrom:

Mr. Majestic: Mind/Body/abilities
Maelstrom: Kinetic draining/knowledge
Black Bolt: Combat skill/powers/scream

Strength: At his base strength, Mr. Blackstrom posseses strength far above the minimum for Class 100. There are no known means for measuring his physical power, but it is known that he can move planetary bodies much larger than Earth. On the rare occasions that his base strength is not suficient, Blackstrom is able to draw on free floating electrons to increase his strength by sixty times and absorb ambient kinetic enery to increase it beyond that.

Durability: The body of this Kherubim Lord of Power, after being exposed to the Terrigen mists, is twice as durable and strong as before.

Stamina: Being able to draw on nearly limitless amounts of electron energy and vast kinetic energy to augment his physical attributes, Blackstrom's stamina is functionally endless.

Speed: Blackstrom can achieve speeds far surpassing the speed of light while flying. On the ground, he can perform such feats as researching molecular rearrangement technology, scrounging for parts for it and building a prototype and the final version, all in less than twenty nanoseconds.

Psionic abilities: While Mr. Blackstrom has been shown to have telepathy, it is known that he gains a huge resistance to telepathic attack and control from both Majestic and Black Bolt. Given his absolute mastery over the electron, Blackstrom is able to effect the nervous system and brains of other beings with a sort of pseudo-telepathy that bypasses normal telepathic defenses.

Matter manipulation: Mr. Blackstrom is able to rearrange matter on a subatomic and molecular scale. He can create objects out of thin air, or change an existing object from one material to another and even create antimatter. Majestic himself has also displayed the ability to transmute his body to protoneutronium, one of the densest forms of matter in the universe. Blackstrom's only limit, likely self-imposed, seems to be that he cannot manipulate the body of another sentient being.

Energy Projection: Mr. Blackstrom can emit blasts of high intensity laser vision, powerful enough to change the chemical composition of an entire planet from his eyes as well as concussive/electron blasts that can easily rupture the hull of interstellar spacecraft and biokinetic blasts from the rest of his body. His electron abilities also allow him to project extremely powerful forcefields around himself and others as while his constant absorption of low levels of kinetic energy manifests as a bioluminescent plume of protective kinetic force circling his body. He is also possessed of a matter-destroying voice that carries destructive power surpassing a multi-megaton nuclear warhead.

Other skills/powers:
Increase physical attributes- Through use of kinetic and electron energy, Blackstrom is able to increase his durability, speed, reaction time and endurance as well as strength. In cases where increased size would be useful, he is able to use absorbed kinetic energy to increase his own size and mass as well.
Enhanced senses- In addition to enhanced sight and hearing, Blackstrom is able to create electron fields that act as extrasensory probes.
Heat subtraction- Is able to cause temperature drops near absolute zero with the Kherubim equivalent of freezing breath.
Magic- Though the need for it is rare, Blackstrom does have both access to Kherubim magic and a high resistance to non-Kheran forms of magic.
Mental amalgamation- Mr. Blackstrom carries a perfect blending of the combat skills, knowledge of powers and areas of scientific and genetic expertise while still leaving the Majestros intellect as the dominant psyche. Blackstrom can access the Black Bolt and Maelstrom knowledge and skills with as much ease as he can those of Majestros.

Paraphenalia: Anything he can think of, he can design and build in an instant, creating the materials out of thin air. Blackstrom wears the old Majestic uniform, with the color red changed to black. Created of unknown materials, his costume is nearly as indestructable as Blackstrom himself.

----

Also, I have a problem with Damage being chosen, because the link Nataku himself provided states that he restarted the Universe. This is that link: http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/damage.html#titan

If you look at "Damage Detailed Chronology as a Titan" , it says that Damage helped restart the universe. And Nataku himself said during Scarlet Spider's tournament that he did it by absorbing power from all the heroes in DC.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Scoobless
Flash Thordon.....ah ahhhh....... Saviour of the Universe.....
lol

Thor: Body/Power/Hammer
Quasar: Quantum Bands

i take it the amalgam has the knowledge of all the component characters in the use of their powers...... right?

Whose Mind is operating the amalgam??

No, the amalgam has no knowledge of component powers. If thor is the mind of your amalgam then he has to draw on his previous experiences with the characters to use their powers.

All amalgams get 15 minutes - 1 hour depending on the battle field to prepare and get used to their new bodies.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
scoob, which hero is the mind of falsh thordon

that's why i was asking about experience..... say if i maka Flash the mind.... will he know how to use the Quantum Bands or Hammer? would Quasar know how to use the speed force?

do they know all the skills they need and are able to fully use them regardless of who's mind you put in control?

Quick Freeze
read enangles post above yours

Scoobless
Originally posted by Evangel94
Whose Mind is operating the amalgam??

No, the amalgam has no knowledge of component powers. If thor is the mind of your amalgam then he has to draw on his previous experiences with the characters to use their powers.

All amalgams get 15 minutes - 1 hour depending on the battle field to prepare and get used to their new bodies.

that's crazy...... when characters get amalgamated they should have full knowledge and control of their abilities.......... i guess i'll put Quasar in charge as he's something of a genius and has extensive martial arts training...... plus with my 15 minute - 1hour prep at Flash speed he should be expert in about 1 minute.... the rest is just a bonus

so it's .........

Flash Thordon......Saviour of the Universe

Quasar: Mind/Quantum Bands
Thor: Body/Hammer/Power

Scoobless
Originally posted by Khellendros
Mr. Blackstrom:

ok..... here's what i mean..... if you put Majestics mind in charge CAN you use the knowledge/combat skill of another member?.......

(i'm asking Evangel not Khell)

Durability: The body of this Kherubim Lord of Power, after being exposed to the Terrigen mists, is twice as durable and strong as before.

and is this type of extrapolation ok...... or are you stuck with your strongest components strength?

Evangel94
that's crazy...... when characters get amalgamated they should have full knowledge and control of their abilities.......... i guess i'll put Quasar in charge as he's something of a genius and has extensive martial arts training...... plus with my 15 minute - 1hour prep at Flash speed he should be expert in about 1 minute.... the rest is just a bonus

so it's .........

Speed may not be used to alter perception or rate of learning. It's 15 minutes to 1 hours. I decide how long you get to prepare.

Evangel94
ok..... here's what i mean..... if you put Majestics mind in charge CAN you use the knowledge/combat skill of another member?.......

No, you may not use the combat skill of another member. Combat skill comes from the mind. You may only use the skill of the person in charge.

Evangel94
Mr. Blackstrom:

If Mr. Majestic is the mind that's in charge, you may not have the knowledge of Maelstrom. Knowledge only comes from the mind that is in charge. Skill also comes from the mind so you cannot have the skill of another member.

You have their powers but not necessarily the skill to wield it properly.

Evangel94

and is this type of extrapolation ok...... or are you stuck with your strongest components strength?

No this type of extrapolation is not ok. You are stuck with your strongest components strength.

Khellendros
Damn, so I can't have that mental amalgamation I talked about in my first post... Oh well, here's the history I came up with for Blackstrom, then.

As a baby, Majestros was being transported on a Kherubim carrier with his mother from a nursery planet to their home world. In transit, the ship was attacked by a Kree vessel, and the infant Majestros, safely tucked into an escape pod sent flying towards Earth, was the only survivor. The boy, found by the Son of Black Bolt and the niece of the villain Maelstrom, now married, was taken to Attilan and adopted as their very own. As was tradition among the Inhumans, the infant Majestros was exposed to the Terrigen Mists. Surprisingly, he manifested a combination of the powers of Black Bolt and Maelstrom, leading his adoptive parents to name him Boltagon Blackstrom. As soon as the boy could walk, he began training in the use of his powers and the ability to remain silent at all times except when his unique vocie was needed.

When he reached the age of ten, Majestros' father came to Earth, searching for his son. After a long ordeal, it was decided that Boltagon would return to Khera, accompanied by his adoptive parents, who would help raise him and train him in the use of his non-Kheran powers. Though his first name was changed back to Majestros, the boy always kept the name Blackstrom, to honor his Inhuman family. On Khera, Blackstrom's childhood was very similar to that of Majestros. He was trained to fight Deamonites and other powerful enemies before his physical abilities developed, and his interests in both invention and geneticts were encouraged.

When his adoptive parents passed away from old age, Mr. Blackstrom returned to Earth, to take up the position his grandfather, Black Bolt had held, as leader and defender of the Inhumans and the planet Earth.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Evangel94
Speed may not be used to alter perception or rate of learning. It's 15 minutes to 1 hours. I decide how long you get to prepare.

but part of flash's power IS the ability to use speed to "alter perception or rate of learning"..... how am i supposed to use my prep time without using my powers?

the whole "they don't know anything about their powers" thing is a really badly thought out idea

what was the point of providing links to a characters powers and abilities if they don't even know them themselves?

Evangel94
but part of flash's power IS the ability to use speed to "alter perception or rate of learning"..... how am i supposed to use my prep time without using my powers?

the whole "they don't know anything about their powers" thing is a really badly thought out idea

what was the point of providing links to a characters powers and abilities if they don't even know them themselves?

Learning at an increased speed for flash by himself may be ok, but coupled with other powers and other characters gives an unfair advantage in prep time.

Let me rephrase the "they don't know anything about their powers" thing. The amalgams are aware that they have more than one power, but they may not have the skills necessary to use their powers to their fullest potential.

Depending on what you use your prep time (which you can indicate in a submitted write which I will post at the beginning of the battle) you can convince the voters that you deserve their vote based your strategy, character selection, and use of time.

stormfront13
alright

binary-powers
bloodstorm-powers/magic ability
zatanna-mind/powers

stormfront13
oooh and my name is um.............. how bout hurricane

Sentry
Dr. Ray Vell

Genis Vell - Nega Bands/Body
Doctor Druid - Mind/Magic/Telepathy
Beta Ray Bill - Asgardian Uru Hammer/Odin Enchantments

Powers:

Cosmic Awareness

Source: Physical Ability

Allows Ray Vell to sense danger on a universal level. As a result, he can perceive objects and individuals, the presence of beings, and cosmic threats cloaked by invisibility or illusions throughout the universe. He has little control over it but is learning to control it with the help of Moondragon.

Energy-to-Mass Conversion

Source: Physical Ability and Nega-Bands

Not really an ability of his, after he was turned into energy by Psycho Man the Nega Bands helped him pull himself together.

Flight

Source: Nega-Bands

Pretty self-explanatory; he can fly and travel at high speeds, even in outer space. He can also fly by throwing his hammer, and having it pull him.

Illusions

Source: Nega Bands

Ray Vell is able to manipulate light and project it as illusions.

Nega Bands

Source: Nega Bands (duh!)

The Nega Bands convert psionic energy stored within Ray Vell's cells into increased strength, grant him increased resilience, the power of flight, the ability to fire beams of energy from the bands, and the ability to survive unprotected in space.

Photonic Energy

Source: Physical Ability and Nega-Bands

Ray Vell can absorb and channel cosmic energy stored in specialized enclaves within his cells. The Nega-Bands allow him to fire it off as energy beams, to use it to form protective shields, or many other abilities. (See the Nega-Bands entry.)

Resiliency

Source: Nega Bands

The Nega Bands grant Ray Vell increased resilience and the ability to survive, unprotected, in outer space. He can also breathe in environments that contain no oxygen. With his hammer his durability is slightly increased due to Odin Enchantments.

Spatial Aperture

Ray-Vell was able to generate a hole between the Negative Zone and the real universe. It kept whatever was trapped within the aperture in a stasis field between the two dimensions. If it was a person, they would be unable to move, but could talk and listen. It is unknown whether he still possesses this ability since he now has a connection to the Microverse (due to the actions of Kelly).

Super Strength

The Nega-Bands convert can convert cosmic energy into increased strength, allowing him to lift roughly 15 to 20 tons under optimal conditions without his hammer. With his hammer Ray-Vell could lift over a 100 tons due to Odin Enchantments.

Telepathy/Magic

Source: Mind

He had a remarkable control over his body and bodily systems, could communicate telepathically, and could psychically mesmerize others, often casting illusions directly into their minds. He could levitate and perform telekinesis to a small extent. Ray-Vell also possessed a high degree of magical sensitivity, in detecting magical energies as well as sensing impending danger. Ray-Vell supplemented these powers with magical spells he has learned over years. He had a large repetoire of Druidic rituals, including one that can bridge dimensions.

Vectoring

Source: Physical Ability

Performed by focusing on a particular star, tracking into the light to use it as a guide and travelling beyond its speed. Adjustments have to be made, otherwise he'd track the light back to its source and end up in the past.

Special Limitations: Due to Odin's enchantment, while in Earth's dimension Ray Vell loses his Odin enchantments if separated from his hammer for over sixty seconds.

Weapons:

Nega Bands: Powerful Kree Nega Bands grafted to the wrist of Ray Vell. See above for description of powers

Stormbreaker Uru Hammer: The enchanted hammer Stormbreaker, made of mystic uru metal, which is nearly indestructible, and given the following enchantments by Odin. 1) No living being, unless he/she be worthy, can lift the hammer. 2) It will return to the exact spot from which it was thrown. 3) It enables the wielder to control the elements of storm and to project forms of mystical energy. 4) It enables the wielder to open trans-dimensional portals. 5) It enables the wielder to fly.

Sentry
Oh this is a second link for Genis, and it's where I got the skeleton for my bio. I basically just changed the names around, and added in Doctor Druids and Beta Rays stats into that bio.

http://capmarvel0.tripod.com/powers.html#negabands

Scoobless
from what i've seen i have one thing to say........ my character's name is by far the best one so far

Flash Thordon...... Saviour of the Universe....lol...... you just can't beat it

cool

K Von Doom
Morgred the Martian:

Morg - body, powers, axe
Mordred - mind, magic, powers
Martian Manhunter - powers

K Von Doom
Just a question... everyone will be using the fighting ability of the "mind" that's operating the amalgam character?

Scoobless
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Just a question... everyone will be using the fighting ability of the "mind" that's operating the amalgam character?

yeah.... that was my question earlier..... apparently you only get one of the components memories..... so any fighting skills or memories of the other two aren't available to you.... you don't even get their knowledge of their own powers

so if you have a magic wielder on your team (as you do) you better put him/her in charge or his/her spell casting becomes useless

K Von Doom
Okay... coz I saw some using the "fighting ability" of someone other than the "mind" character.

Scoobless
yeah.... Evangel responded about that on page one..... everybody better be paying attention.... because this:

Originally posted by Nataku8188
The Psysplodin' Surfer
Silver Surfer - Body, mind, and powers
Damage - Powers
Psylocke - Fighting ability and powers

will be a nono....... you can't have Surfers mind AND Psylocke's fighting skills

nimbus006
Guys i just want to say this is awesome, and i have one question how are these battles going to take place?

Khellendros
So, uhh, am I the only one who thinks the guy who rebooted the universe is a LITTLE bit over Herald level?

nimbus006
Didnt Genis Vell help do something similiar

K Von Doom
Who rebooted the universe?

Ah, I'm sure your guy can take him Khell. eek!

Khellendros
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Who rebooted the universe?
Damage, see my other post about it in this thread. And, unlike Genis who just used a blaster gun, this guy apparently absorbed sick amounts of energy from the other heroes to do it.

nimbus006
Isn't absorbing other characters powers illegal

Khellendros
Originally posted by nimbus006
Isn't absorbing other characters powers illegal
Absorbing their life force is. So, Rogues power would be off limits, whereas, say, Bishop's powers would be acceptable. I assume.

nimbus006
oh i see

Nataku8188
He required the help of a few other heros to get that much energy in him, he can't absorb energies himself, just create nuclear fission.

Scoobless
Damage may be over the top ...... i don't really know anythig about him.... other than what was posted about him in the last tournament.... he was in the "Iron Man Class" of character i believe

Khellendros
He required the help of a few other heros to get that much energy in him, he can't absorb energies himself, just create nuclear fission.
And yet he's the one credited with the restarting.

Khellendros
Damage may be over the top ...... i don't really know anythig about him.... other than what was posted about him in the last tournament.... he was in the "Iron Man Class" of character i believe
Yeah, I remember that. That's where I saw him mention that restarting bit about Damage the first time.

Sentry
Genis Vells powers were used in a universe recreation, but it was only a fraction of what was actually needed. Plus with Druids mind, he has sort of a handicap on how to use his Nega Bands and his natural abilities.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sentry
Genis Vells powers were used in a universe recreation, but it was only a fraction of what was actually needed. Plus with Druids mind, he has sort of a handicap on how to use his Nega Bands and his natural abilities.

yeah.... i used to read Captain Marvel when it relaunched .... it took over a years worth of issues before he really got the hang of those bands.... Druid will be an amatuer with them

Quick Freeze
if you have a telepath, then do you have to make yout character have the mind of him in order to have the teleathic powers?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
if you have a telepath, then do you have to make yout character have the mind of him in order to have the teleathic powers?

no.... you still have the telepathic power with a different mind.... you just don't have the experience or skill of the original

like how i've got Thor's hammer with Quasar's mind.... i'm still able to use the hammer (unlike regular Quasar) but i don't have the same skill as Thor

DigiMark007
I kinda like the idea of only having one "mind". It adds an extra dimension of strategy...I'll post my character in a second...

-DM

P.S. Not sure about Damage...wish I knew more, but if he does anything above-herald, we can call him out on it.

P.P.S. If possible, I'd vote for 15 minutes of prep instead of an hour. The Flash types can run wild with learning and prep in an hour.

DigiMark007
Here we go...

General Zod + "The Sun King" + Loki =

General Kinky!
General Zod - powers/outer armor
Apollo - body/powers
Loki - mind/powers

Best name ever Scoob...but I like mine as a close second.

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Best name ever Scoob...but I like mine as a close second.

lol..... the truth is i was trying to come up with something super-heroic and nothing sounded right... Wally the Quantum God Boy, Quathor the Quick, Thorzar - Lord of the Speed Force... etc, etc......

then as i was typing in the body/power bit i just shoved in the next thing that came to mind.... hell, I like it anyway

big grin

ScarletSpider
What are the rules as to changing a previously chosen character?

Scoobless
No offence Evangel...... but this tournament would be a lot more interesting if the characters were fully aware of what they were capable of...... any chance of making a slight alteration towards that?

stormfront13
i hope so cause i picked the characters for their powers, now i can't really use them lol

long pig
Deathurge was out huh?
ok

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/search.php
absorbing man

AM - Body , powers
Flash - Powers
Dr Strange -magical fighting ability mind and powers

gautam
Dr. Cain Kallark

Dr. Fate - Magical abilities, mind, powers

Juggernaut - powers, duribility, body

Gladiator - powers, speed, reflexes

Scoobless
you can't pick one persons mind, anothers body then have the reflexes of the third.....reflexes are a mix of mind and body....... i'd go as far to say they fall completely under the "body" catagory

i'm sure you can have his basic speed as a part of his powers.... reflexes are just a little different.... it may only be a case of semantics

Nataku8188
Personally, I'd like to represent all of us who want to have one persons mind and another fighting ability by saying, fighting ability is mostly just physical memory, not mental. You don't think a lot when you do kicks and stuff, your muscles are just used to doing these things and remember how to do them.

Scoobless
it may be called "muscle memory" ..... but it's still just a subconscious mental response to a threat.... try attacking a martial artist in a coma.... i bet you could beat the crap out of them no problem

Nataku8188
it may be called "muscle memory" ..... but it's still just a subconscious mental response to a threat.... try attacking a martial artist in a coma.... i bet you could beat the crap out of them no problem

No way, they'll totaly kick your ass. Especially JP, he's the best coma-ninja ever.

DigiMark007
I'd also reiterate my vote for only one "mind and body" rather than knowing everything that all three know. It makes it more interesting, and gives us some hard choices to make (especially the Flash-people stick out tongue ). And for any of the teams, certain advantages and/or disadvantages happen based on whose mind is controlling the character. It'll add a few weaknesses to what are otherwise all uber-powerhouse characters.

-DM

Sentry
I agree with Digi. My guy has incalculable power within his physical body, and his nega bands. But he has the mind of a magician, so he's sort of at a handicap.

Scoobless
I'd also reiterate my vote for only one "mind and body" rather than knowing everything that all three know. It makes it more interesting, and gives us some hard choices to make (especially the Flash-people stick out tongue ).

i'd say it was a harder situation for the magic people....... whoevers mind is in control in a "Flash" person get access to the powers of that person..... if he moves fast then the mind works the same as the Flash's mind...... it's part of the power to function at those speeds

the magic people on the other hand ie. Dr Strange, have to put him in the drivers seat or all of his magical knowledge becomes useless

DigiMark007
Good point. So it makes some tough decisions for almost everbody (since nearly everyone has either a magic-user or a Flash). But I like the extra dimension of strategy that it adds. And besides, I made my team with these rules in mind...if we switched to "everyone's mind is together" it would throw some of my plans off for fighting other teams.

-DM

Scoobless
Good point. So it makes some tough decisions for almost everbody (since nearly everyone has either a magic-user or a Flash). But I like the extra dimension of strategy that it adds. And besides, I made my team with these rules in mind...if we switched to "everyone's mind is together" it would throw some of my plans off for fighting other teams.

-DM

yeah..... i don't know if the whole "use one mind only" was a rule at the start..... i was a little surprised when i heard it in this thread....... but i think i can handle it..... some may have a tougher time

K Von Doom for instance has a magic user and Martian Manhunter..... he'd need to put the magic guys mind in charge, but he loses out on MM's skill and experience with telepathy and control of his molecules

stormfront13 has two magic users.... so she loses some power there

it'll be a balancing act for most of us

get some....boxing

DigiMark007
It was a rule from the beginning. But there were a lot of rules, so it's understandable that some people didn't realize it until recently.

-DM

Nataku8188
Switching out Psylocke for now. Looking for a suitable replacement.

DigiMark007
I here there's some character named JP Nataku...he sounds perfect for an amalgam. From what I hear he'd put Surfer on his a$$ in no time.

wink

-DM

Scoobless
It was a rule from the beginning. But there were a lot of rules, so it's understandable that some people didn't realize it until recently.

-DM

hmmm....... guess i must have missed or overlooked it

Nataku8188
I here there's some character named JP Nataku...he sounds perfect for an amalgam. From what I hear he'd put Surfer on his a$$ in no time.

wink

-DM

He's above herald level!

DigiMark007
I looked back over the initial rules Scoob. In her example character (Asgardian SuperSurfer) she had the format she wanted, and had one of them as the mind and one as the body. It wasn't explicitly explained until later (I remember reading it...must've been in one of the draft threads), but wasn't fully explained at the beginning (though, like I said, her example followed that format so you could tell it was a rule from the beginning, not something Evangel made up half-way through)...kind of unfortunate that not everyone realized it, but it would be worse to switch it now.

-DM

P.S. Sorry if you're not a she Evangel...I used "her" and "she" a lot.

Scoobless
she also stated in her initial example:

"Asgardian SuperSurfer

Superman - Body/Powers
Thor - Mind/Powers/Mjolnir
Silver Surfer - Powers/Board"

then later changed it to:

"Asgardian SuperSurfer
Silver Surfer: Powers/Body (You cannot have the board without the body)
Superman: Powers
Thor: Powers/mind"

but i don't have a problem with this....... although Doom has used the surfers powers to control the board before

http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/marvel/images/doom.jpg

Scoobless
i'd still really like to know the format we're going to be using..... as already stated a 10 person knockout tournament wont really work

DigiMark007
I'll re-issue my idea...but as always, it's up to Evangel.

I think whoever wins by the most votes in the first round should get a "bye" in round two. That would leave 4 fighting. Then, of the two that win those matches, again whoever wins by more votes gets a "bye" into the finals. The most number of matches you'd have to fight is 4...and to win it all you would have to fight at least 3 matches.

This gives us the incentive to try and destroy our opponents rather than just edge out a victory. Most fights should be close anyway, but it would just be an extra motivator.

-DM

Nataku8188
My replacement for psylocke;

The runner (Before he was banned from dieing)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/runnerelder.htm

Scoobless

DigiMark007
Ok, so he can die. The site is ok, but doesn't offer amny specifics. How fast is he exactly? Is he kinda like another Flash? What are the energy blasts he uses made of (cosmic, primordial, other, etc.)? And I would imagine you're still using Surfer's body, so Runner's invulnerability and/or strength probably aren't an issue.

He seems fine to me, but I just want to make sure.

-DM

P.S. just read Scoob's thing before me...refer to his instead, looks like he knows more...

Scoobless
P.S. just read Scoob's thing before me...refer to his instead, looks like he knows more...

lol...... i didn't know much about the Runner at all.....i just read the page link that was posted.... that's a direct quote

DigiMark007
I just read some too. It says he lost to Thanos, but Thanos had the Time Gem at the time, and it was a decent fight. Sounds a little above herald to me.

He also took part in a plan to try and defeat Galactus. They failed, but even if you THINK you can take Galactus, that says something about your power level.

Yet another...helped battle and defeat the In-Betweener, who is well above herald.

And I missed this earlier, but it says he is "Physically indestructable" and his strength is "incalcuable". I'm going to say that he's probably too powerful.

-DM

Scoobless
if you keep reading it says later that they almost do kill Galactus from inside him

Nataku8188
eh, worth a shot.

Scoobless
eh, worth a shot.

lol....... you trying to sneak this one past us?

nono

laughing

DigiMark007

Scoobless
And I missed this earlier, but it says he is "Physically indestructable" and his strength is "incalcuable". I'm going to say that he's probably too powerful.M

hmmm..... someone has the Juggernaut as well....... what do you think of that?

question

DigiMark007
Juggs isn't incalcuable strength, and there's loopholes to getting around his invulnerability (magic primarily, but there's also more than one way to win a fight). You're probably just trying to play devil's advocate, but I'm not worried about Juggs...I'd be very worried about Runner. And besides that, the "indestructable and incalcuable" wasn't the only reason...it just put Runner over the top (since the same two words could describe probably a few of the characters that were chosen, none of whom are above herald).

-DM

Scoobless
yeah.... i think Juggs in within the levels set for this

just wondered what others thought

........"Blow dryer of doom".......... freak

laughing

K Von Doom

Scoobless
unless you just absorb it

cool

nimbus006
Yo Scoob that Doom Surfer sig was awesome, you should keep it!!

Scoobless
yeah, it's pretty cool...... i just found it on an image search

nimbus006
Have you seen the Ironman with the Doom cloak... that one is sick also

Scoobless
no..... you got it?

nimbus006
No i dont but i know its in one of the other Forums ill try and look for it

stormfront13
no i want binary's actual body.

stormfront13
wait, if i have binary's body will i still be able toi have bloodstorms fangs?? they are apart of her owers so wouldn't they be on binary;s body??

Scoobless
i'd guess not.... her fangs are part of her body.... so if you take Binary's body you lose the fangs

stormfront13
but the fangs are apart of bloodstorms powers in a way.

Scoobless
only because they are part of her vampiric body though

i'm not sure..... you could be allowed them as the whole "Vampire" thing is part of her power..... you'll have to ask Evangel

Khellendros
What about infecting Binary's body with vampirism?

EDIT: now that I think about it, Vampirism is technically a power, and thus comes with some physical alterations. Thus, even if he takes Binary's body, he should get the fangs.

Scoobless
but if you take vampirism as a power then you take the weakness to sunlight (i assume she's weak to sunlight)

Khellendros
but if you take vampirism as a power then you take the weakness to sunlight (i assume she's weak to sunlight)
True. If it were me, I'd take the magic and weather control and ditch the vampirism. Most of the characters in this tournament are too durable to be successfully bitten anyways.

stormfront13
no, she was one of apocolypses most trusted servents and became death, involuntary. she lost all vampiric weaknesses. and her fangs are different that regular. they are magically powered. well not magically powered but they were super strong and could cut through the toughtest of skins

Khellendros
Originally posted by stormfront13
no, she was one of apocolypses most trusted servents and became death, involuntary. she lost all vampiric weaknesses. and her fangs are different that regular. they are magically powered. well not magically powered but they were super strong and could cut through the toughtest of skins
Oh. Well, more power to ya then. I still say vampirism is a power that causes physical alterations.

stormfront13
idk imo it should count

Scoobless
so your saying her fangs are not magical then?

just asking for informations sake

stormfront13
no,but i remember reading somewhere that her fangs are a lot stronger than normal because of apocolypses influence

Khellendros
so your saying her fangs are not magical then?

just asking for informations sake
It SOUNDS like they started out as the result of a magical occurace, and were enhanced by Apocalypse.

Scoobless
but they could be broken by a class 100 punch in the face though...... right?

DigiMark007
Or broken by a Blow-Dryer of Doom, right? I'm adding that to my list of abilities. It'll be like Thor's hammer except more awe-inspiring.

-DM

DigiMark007
Khell, did you ever update your body/mind/powers thing, since I know your first one was a bit askew?? Nataku still has to complete his character (unless he's sticking with Psylocke), and 2 or 3 still have to do the mind/body/powers thing. Otherwise we're pretty much ready to start this thing.

-DM

Khellendros
Khell, did you ever update your body/mind/powers thing, since I know your first one was a bit askew?? Nataku still has to complete his character (unless he's sticking with Psylocke), and 2 or 3 still have to do the mind/body/powers thing. Otherwise we're pretty much ready to start this thing.

-DM
Yeah, he's got Majestros' mind and training and body, with the powers of the other two.

Scoobless
so he can't speak then?..... not that he's going ot be doing much chatting anyway..... lol

Nataku8188
third pick - Savage hulk

http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/info/hulk-incarnations.asp?Id=savage

DigiMark007
Yeah, he's got Majestros' mind and training and body, with the powers of the other two.

Cool, must've missed it.

Then that leaves Nataku (final character) and SS (mind/body/powers), if I'm not mistaken (and hopefully some direction from Evangel about how we'll be running the 10-man thing). Personally, I'm having a hard time holding back General Kinky. He's more than ready to bust some heads...so hopefully we'll start in a day or two (and I wonder how much prep we the regular people will get with knowing who we'll face. How soon did SS tell people in the last tournament??)

-DM

Nataku8188
Norrin Bruce Emerson - The Incredible destruction surfer

Silver surfer: Mind/Body/abilities
Hulk: Gamma radiation (Rage powers)
Damage: Powers

Strength: The surfer has a base strength of class 100. He can enhance himself to at least class 200, allowing himself to lift 200 tons or more using his cosmic powers. When enhanced by his own internal nuclear reactor, he can multiply his strength to an infinite amount, proportionate to the amount of nuclear charge he can contain.

Durability: The forces binding together the molecules making up the silvery material that comprises the Surfer's "skin" are so great that there are few known forces in the universe great enough to overcome them. The inner portions of his body have also been made highly resistant to injury. Thus the Surfer is invulnerable to most forms of physical harm. He can withstand great extremes of temperature caused by the build-up of friction within atmospheres or the vacuum of space or (within limits) the intense heat within the near vicinity of stars. He can survive without difficulties in the vacuum of outer space and hyperspace, and his body can withstand the stresses of travel at near-light speeds in this universe and of even greater speeds, in hyperspace. His durability is also greatly increased based on the amount of nuclear energy he has stored. His healing rate is also enhanced, with a small amount of charge he can heal from simple weapon wounds in seconds, and with a heavy charge he can heal from a broken back or other serious injuries in a short time. As he becomes more angry, his healing is increased even further, to the point where he could hold a removed limb to his body and let it heal if he had a sufficent nuclear charge and was enraged enough... if he didn't use said limb as a weapon.

Stamina: The surfer's stamina lasts as long as his stores of Cosmic energy, nuclear fission and rage permit. The combination of the three makes him almost immune to exhaustion, as he can allow his nuclear charge and rage to build while he absorbs cosmic energy from the air around him.

Speed: By exceeding 99% of the speed of light (186,000 miles per second), the Surfer can shift himself into hyperspace, a dimension in which velocity is not limited by the speed of light. The Surfer can also compress his own bodily matter so as to shift himself into a so-called microverse. He once used his powers to travel through time, but may be unable to engage in time travel under normal circumstances. The amount of Nuclear energy he has stored also increases his movement and reaction times, increasing them proportionately to his charge, as far as to multiply them threesome, or even more.

Psionic abilities: He is extremely resistant to mental attacks due to his unique genetic code, having dna from superheros such as the Martian Manhunter, and being gnerally resistant to TP in the first place due to Galactus's infusion of Cosmic power. .

Matter manipulation/energy projection: The Surfer possesses vast cosmic power granted him by Galactus as a part of the process of physically restructuring the Surfer's former organic body. He has the ability to channel ambient cosmic energy into his body at will, and expel it violently as concussive force or gently as a means to restructure molecules according to his mental design. He can generate beams of energy through his hands with sufficient destructive force to level a large city or generate such subtle amounts of energy to restructure the molecules of the natural dyes within a plant to change its color. The Surfer can rearrange the molecules of matter to create other configurations, but he cannot transmute elements. The Surfer has certain cosmic energy enhanced perceptions which enable him through concentration to become aware of the patterns of energy which surround him. Accordingly, he can sense great concentrations or deployment of energy anywhere in the world. He has a special affinity for the life energies of living beings, and can use his cosmic powers to augment them to a certain degree. While he can use his power to revitalize life energies and heal the wounded, he cannot create life or restore life to the dead.

The surfer can also use his nuclear charge to enhance his cosmic blasts, as well as a energy blast in itself. He can send said blast through the ground at an opponent in addition to being able to use it to propel himself. If he overcharges to the point where he cannot contain anymore energy, loses control, panics, or simply decides to, he can release all stored energy (Nuclear or cosmic) in a gigantic Cosmic/concussive blast. The blast size is in direct proportion to the amount of energy discharged, therefore if he were to become extremely enraged after a long fight with a heavy hitter like superman, it's safe to say the blast would easily be powerful enough to take out a small country.

Other skills/powers:
Through a unique hormonal process, the surfer can create a biochemical nuclear charge he stores within himself. Triggered through pain, anxiety, anger, or just about any increase in adrenal flow cause by a fight or flight response, the amount of charge created is directly proportionate to the amount of hormones released. Not only this, but his own cosmic powers are increased as well as his adrenaline flows, and the limits to this power increase are infinite. During this increase he becomes stronger and much more durable as well.

Paraphenalia-
Costume Specs: None
Personal Weaponry: None
Special Weaponry: None
Transportation: In flying the Surfer usually makes use of an object known on Earth as his "surfboard", due to it's resemblance of Earth objects of that name. The Surfer's "surfboard" is a construct of unknown materials created by the vast cosmic energies of his former master Galactus. The board is covered with the same silvery glaze that the Surfer's body is covered with, making it impervious to virtually all forms of physical damage. Few forces short of the cosmic power of Galactus could affect it at all.
The surfboard is psionically linked in an unknown way with the Surfer's mind. Apparently only a being possessing the Surfer's cosmic powers can cause the surfboard to fly, and it is controlled mentally by him. The surfboard apparently taps ambient cosmic energy in much the same way that the Surfer himself does. Although the Surfer could conceivably utilize his cosmic power to fly without it, the surfboard enables him to fly without the expenditure of any of his own energy.
The Surfer can utilize the surfboard to attain 99% of the speed of light, but seldom exceeds Mach 10 (ten times the speed of sound) within the outer layers of a planet's atmosphere, and Mach 5 within the inner layers. (The speed of sound is about 770 miles per hour).

Nataku8188
too late to edit and add pic, so here he is! (God I love MSpaint)

Sentry
Supreme from Image comics

http://www.weirdspace.dk/Rob%20Liefeld/Ethan%20Crane%20version%201.htm

Captain Marvel(Genis Vell):

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainmarveliii.htm

Dr. Druid:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/drdruid.htm

Everyone's got super strong bodies so I'll change my team up a little.

Supreme : Body/Powers

Dr. Druid : Magic/Mind/Telepathy

Captain Marvel : Powers/Nega Bands

Ok, I'll start on a profile.

Dizzle
Haha, nice. Going back to the mind issue, I think it's going to work a lot like Communism. It's a great idea on paper, not practice, since there's no way to tell how well one mind would master his newfound powers, so I think there's going to be a lot of argument on whether or not one would be adept enough to accomplish one feat or another. Also, this makes the better incarnations of some characters have less of an advantage against their weaker counterparts. (Flash Wally vs. Flash Barry) And btw Nataku, your Hulk powers are gonna be useless, as Surfer is waaaaaaaaaay to smart and experienced to get angry.

I think you tweaked it so that it worked with pain and such, as well as mashing it together with Danger's powers, but I dunno if that's allowed, since it isn't really one of Hulk's powers (he's just anger). Also, you have the hormonal process increasing his power cosmic, which I doubt is allowed. This amalgam stuff is confusing....

Khellendros
so he can't speak then?..... not that he's going ot be doing much chatting anyway..... lol
No, but he CAN communicate telepathically.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Dizzle
Haha, nice. Going back to the mind issue, I think it's going to work a lot like Communism. It's a great idea on paper, not practice, since there's no way to tell how well one mind would master his newfound powers, so I think there's going to be a lot of argument on whether or not one would be adept enough to accomplish one feat or another. Also, this makes the better incarnations of some characters have less of an advantage against their weaker counterparts. (Flash Wally vs. Flash Barry) And btw Nataku, your Hulk powers are gonna be useless, as Surfer is waaaaaaaaaay to smart and experienced to get angry, I think you tweaked it so that it worked with pain and such, but I dunno if that's allowed.

Hulks powers don't work with just rage, they work with adrenaline. And surfer gets pissed off all the time, especially when he's fighting for something he cares about. he gets all, "I will NOT allow you to do this!" and such.

Dizzle
I would argue, but I'll let the people actually in the tournament do it (giving argument ideas would be mean)

Sentry
Dr. Ethan Vell

Genis Vell - Nega Bands/Powers
Doctor Druid - Mind/Magic/Telepathy
Supreme - Body/Powers

Powers:

Cosmic Awareness

Allows Ethan Vell to sense danger on a universal level. As a result, he can perceive objects and individuals, the presence of beings, and cosmic threats cloaked by invisibility or illusions throughout the universe. He has little control over it but is learning to control it with the help of Moondragon.

Energy-to-Mass Conversion

Not really an ability of his, after he was turned into energy by Psycho Man the Nega Bands helped him pull himself together.

X-ray vision and Heat Vision

He possesses X-ray vision and heat vision similar to Superman.

Flight

Pretty self-explanatory; he can fly and travel at high speeds, even in outer space. He can also bolster his flight speed with energy from the nega bands.

Illusions

Ethan Vell is able to manipulate light and project it as illusions.

Nega Bands

The Nega Bands convert psionic energy stored within Ethan Vell's cells into increased strength, grant him increased resilience, the power of flight, the ability to fire beams of energy from the bands, and the ability to survive unprotected in space.

Photonic Energy

Ethan Vell can absorb and channel cosmic energy stored in specialized enclaves within his cells. The Nega-Bands allow him to fire it off as energy beams, to use it to form protective shields, or many other abilities. (See the Nega-Bands entry.)

Resiliency

His resiliency is similar to that of Superman. He's withstood blows from the Mjlonir. He can be rendered unconcious by a greater more powerful force. Repeated blows from the Mjlonir would have knocked him out. He can also bolster his durability with energy from his nega bands.

Spatial Aperture

Ethan Vell was able to generate a hole between the Negative Zone and the real universe. It kept whatever was trapped within the aperture in a stasis field between the two dimensions. If it was a person, they would be unable to move, but could talk and listen. It is unknown whether he still possesses this ability since he now has a connection to the Microverse (due to the actions of Kelly).

Super Strength

Ethan Vell posssesses strength far above the class 100 level. He can also bolster his stregnth and metabolism a little with energy from his Nega Bands.

Telepathy/Magic

He had a remarkable control over his body and bodily systems, could communicate telepathically, and could psychically mesmerize others, often casting illusions directly into their minds. He could levitate and perform telekinesis to a small extent. Ray-Vell also possessed a high degree of magical sensitivity, in detecting magical energies as well as sensing impending danger. Ethan Vell supplemented these powers with magical spells he has learned over years. He had a large repetoire of Druidic rituals, including one that can bridge dimensions.

Vectoring

Performed by focusing on a particular star, tracking into the light to use it as a guide and travelling beyond its speed. Adjustments have to be made, otherwise he'd track the light back to its source and end up in the past.

Weapons:

Nega Bands: Powerful Kree Nega Bands grafted to the wrist of Ethan Vell. See above for description of powers

K Von Doom
Norrin Bruce Emerson - The Incredible destruction surfer

Psionic abilities: He is extremely resistant to mental attacks due to his unique genetic code, having dna from superheros such as the Martian Manhunter

When did this happen?

Sentry
Oh, that's from his other character Damage. He has DNA of like a handful of heroes. He sort of has all their powers which sucks for us.

K Von Doom
He sort of has all their powers which sucks for us.

Oh crud. I shoulda got a composite character like Amazo eek!

Sentry
I was thinking of Amazo, but I chose Supreme instead. Nataku's character is one of the most powerful amaglams here. I hope Scoobs or Khell get him in the first round. They'd find a way to take him out. I think.

Khellendros
I was thinking of Amazo, but I chose Supreme instead. Nataku's character is one of the most powerful amaglams here. I hope Scoobs or Khell get him in the first round. They'd find a way to take him out. I think.
Wouldn't have worked, Amazo is one of the banned characters Evangel listed.

Nataku8188
heh heh.... my picture rocks...

Sentry
Here's a picture of my guy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/capt_marvel_35.jpg

DigiMark007
I like Sentry's pic better...hehe. Too lazy to do a bio for General Kinky, but it would be pretty useless anyway...I'd get sidetracked and just start making sex-jokes.

And whoever said they want Scoob or Khell to fight Nataku should reconsider...don't assume those guys will be the toughest ones. Most of the fights will probably be really good, and anyone could win. There's obviously stronger teams than others, but there's really only one team I'd rather not face in this whole thing, and it's probably not who most people would think (I won't say who though).

I agree with the comment earlier Nataku...good character, but Hulk's rage wouldn't necessarily increase Surfer's power cosmic. Maybe his strength and/or invulnerability, but nothing else.

-DM

Scoobless
I agree with the comment earlier Nataku...good character, but Hulk's rage wouldn't necessarily increase Surfer's power cosmic. Maybe his strength and/or invulnerability, but nothing else.

-DM

i agree..... Surfer would probably get a strength and invulnerability boost ...... but he doesn't really "do" rage..... hae has, on occasion, gotten angry..... but mild anger isn't the same as rage

i've been trying to do an amalgam pic of my guy.... but my art program sux ballz

i'll give it another bash

nimbus006
Nataku and Sentry your pics are awesome... how the hell do you do that?

DigiMark007
I suck at art, so here's link to my character...

http://dumbbaby.net/a/i/060e.jpg

Not me, just some random pic I found...looks enough like a completely kick-ass yet at the same time dorky and oddly kinky superhero that it can serve as my pic...not wearing Zod's armor though, so the effect isn't quite as cool as it should be

-DM

nimbus006
LMAO

DigiMark007
CermDocuments and Settings\All Users\Documents\dcu_zod3.jpg

Doubt this'll work...new pic (a real one this time).]

Nope...nevermind. And somehow there's a smiley in the thing..???

How do I get a pic from my cpu to this?

Scoobless
I gave it a shot

Flash Thordon

Sentry
Not bad Scoobs! Cool

Scoobless
i had it with lightning going aroud behind him but i f**ked up and accidently deleted it....... took awhile to do as well....... damnit

lol

DigiMark007
Another fun site. The donkeys are named Apollo and Loki. They'll be my official mascots for the tourney!!

http://www.kickingdonkeyproducts.com/images/loki&apollo.jpg

-DM

nimbus006
Thats really cool can someone please tell me how you guys create these characters? Do you need a special program? Or is there a sit or something?

Scoobless
re added the lightning.....

Scoobless
Thats really cool can someone please tell me how you guys create these characters? Do you need a special program? Or is there a sit or something?

i don't know about them.... but i just took a bunch of pics off the net, chopped up the parts i wanted, then stuck them together again as a new character

big grin

ScarletSpider
For Green Lantern I'd like to exchange him for Moonstone. Though I need to find some good links on her with her updated powers. sad

Scoobless
CermDocuments and Settings\All Users\Documents\dcu_zod3.jpg

Doubt this'll work...new pic (a real one this time).]

Nope...nevermind. And somehow there's a smiley in the thing..???

How do I get a pic from my cpu to this?

use the "Attach File" part...... it's just below the message box in your "preview message" screen.... use the browse button, find the pic, then just add it.... it should work

Scoobless
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
For Green Lantern I'd like to exchange him for Moonstone. Though I need to find some good links on her with her updated powers. sad

you mean 2 stone Moonstone?.... she never did that much with them and now she doesn't have any moonstones.... you may have to take the single stone version

EDIT: i'm warning you now..... as it took me a little while to make up that pic, i will be posting it often in this thread.... lol

anyone know how to post a pic direct from your computer as a large pic rather than an attachment?

Nataku8188
I would agree with you guys on the whole surfer/gamma thing, but in an issue of SS he says;
"I drew the Gamma radiation which creates the Hulk into myself, so my power, like his, would increase with my rage"

=D

That's where I got the idea for using the Hulk as my third guy.

DigiMark007
Thanks Scoob. Nothing fancy....Apollo's stuck in the armor, and Loki just used his magic to turn the place colorless (to give him a more badass look)...tried to superimpose Loki's horns, but it looked dumb as hell.

...gotta get rid of that blow-dryer. it ruins the whole idiom

nimbus006
Im going with some predictions in this Contest and it looks like Khellendros, Scoobless, Nataku, and Digi will be in the semifinals with Scoobless and Nataku advancing to the finals, but be careful with Sentry and K Von Doom their characters look like the Wildcards in this one... but im going with expierance in this contest cuz its gonna take alot of knowledge and stragedy to cut through the field thus the Last Man Standing after a hard long Final in my opinion will be Flash Thordon (Scoobless)... No offense to anyone else i think all teams look great and im sure all of you are knowlegable of your own characters, i mean you guys would crush me if i was in this, but im just giving my prediction.

Scoobless
Im going with some predictions in this Contest and it looks like Khellendros, Scoobless, Nataku, and Digi will be in the semifinals with Scoobless and Nataku advancing to the finals, but be careful with Sentry and K Von Doom their characters look like the Wildcards in this one... but im going with expierance in this contest cuz its gonna take alot of knowledge and stragedy to cut through the field thus the Last Man Standing in my opinion will be Flash Thordon (Scoobless)... No offense to anyone else i think all teams look great and im sure all of you are knowlegable of your characters, i mean you guys would crush me if i was in this, im just giving my prediction.

clapping i like this guy! clapping

big grin

nimbus006
should be fun to watch!! thumb up

DigiMark007
Thanks for the mention nimbus...I'm just hoping to do well in the first round...we'll see about after that. And don't sell yourself short...you never know how you'd fare against us in a tourney (at one time I figured I'd get destroyed too...I still might, but who knows...).

And remember to vote (if we ever start...hehe).

-DM

nimbus006
For sure!! and thanx but trust me i would get crushed, i hsve no where near the knowlegde of these characters as you guys, i just started reading comics like 3 months ago, but ill be there soon!

"Thanks for the mention nimbus...I'm just hoping to do well in the first round" by Digimark007

yea its really gonna depend o nthe scheduling i mean hopefull Evagel does like a round robin type thing so everbody can fight everybody and the 4 with the most wins go to a semifinal and then proceed to a final.. that might take to long but would be very fun to watch! eek!

DigiMark007
Scarlet Spider, does this help???

http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/print.php?entryID=486

-DM

DigiMark007

yea its really gonna depend o nthe scheduling i mean hopefull Evagel does like a round robin type thing so everbody can fight everybody and the 4 with the most wins go to a semifinal and then proceed to a final.. that might take to long but would be very fun to watch! eek!

We're actually not sure how Evangel is going to run it. With 10 people, a simple elimination might be hard. I propsed a system of granting "byes" as needed for those who win by the most votes (to win the tourney you'd have to fight at least 3 matches, and the most you'd have to fight is 4).

A Round Robin style might work too, but like you said, it would take much longer. We'll just have to see.

-DM

nimbus006
Thats a pretty good idea, the byes i mean... but if everybody would battle everybody it would favor the more well rounded team and it would prevent any one sided amalgam from getting lucky and advancing by getting matched up against a team that they have a clear advantage over.

Besides it will be funner for me!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>