Superman vs. New X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doctorstrongbad
Superman

Vs.

New X-men

1. Cyclops
2. Emma Frost
3. Wolverine
4. Beast
5. Ice Man
6. Storm
7. Night Crawler
8. Pro. X

Okay this battle takes place in Quebec Canada. Lex Luthor hired the X-men to take out Superman for $15 million dollars. He gave them video tape and background about him. They have a week of prep time.

Who do you think will win?

doctorstrongbad
Discuss..

DarkCrawler
If Superman is fast enough he can win.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
If Superman is fast enough he can win.

What do you mean fast enough? How fast does he have to go to win?

Blair Wind
um wont lex just give them some krytonite??? and thats all they need.....but if they dont get that....well most people never acknoledge this power but iceman can become air...its called moiusture inversion....and he has full control of his powers in this form....so by himself i think he could take him....add in storm and pro x to fight...and maybe NC and cyclops coordinating there attacts together (cyclops has a mutant power to do geometry in his head to be able to hit with his beams accuratly.....and NC's smoke can be a nuisance)....i think they can take this.....

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
What do you mean fast enough? How fast does he have to go to win?

Fast enough to kill the telepaths...

doctorstrongbad
Okay so we have one for Superman and one for the X-men.

whobdamandog
If Pheonix were in the lineup then Supes wouldn't even stand a chance...unless we're talking Pre-crisis Supes/Superman Prime/Superman One Million or Superman with potato peeler up his butt..

Anyway..this battle definately goes to the X-men. They've become very powerful as of late..and Supes would be facing attacks on so many different fronts(physically, mentally, energy based, etc)..

Piedmon
Let's say the X-Men have set up the field as they want and are lying in wait for Superman. They see big blue coming up on the horizon, so without further ado, Emma Frost and Professor Xavier begin attacking his mind.

While Superman pauses in midair, battling an invasion of his will, Storm and Iceman freeze the air, slowing him further, while Ororo drops him out of the sky with a hurricane-force gust of air.

As Superman lands facedown, Nightcrawler teleports on top of him, right on cue, with Wolverine in tow. Logan pops his claws and brings his fists down, meaning to put nine inches of adamantium right through Supes' brain. Tink, nothing happens. Superman turns around and swings, smashing Wolverine and knocking him into Kurt. They go flying and land somewhere in Calgary.

Cyclops fires his most powerful blast, consuming pretty much the whole field. Power that could level mountains blasts Superman further back, while Storm rains lightning on him and Iceman pours on the freeze blasts.

They manage to throw the Man of Steel back, a stream of optic energy carrying him across the field in a big red tide, but he lands on his feet, now righted. Grimacing, he fires his heat vision once--having already pinpointed Professor Xavier and Emma Frost on the other side of the field, a single heat beam to the forehead effectively lobotomizes the two of them. (Even if Emma had been in her diamond form, which negates her psychic powers, it wouldn't have stopped the beam).

With the assault on his mind ended, the rest of this fight takes about a split second. Scott realizes his mentor and girlfriend have just lost most of their higher brain functions when he's knocked out, Storm following about a second later.

Thinking quickly, Iceman dissipates himself, becoming one with the air moisture. Unpurturbed, Superman ascends ever higher into the stratosphere. At the peak of his flight, he pauses and takes a single, deep breath....

And sucks Bobby (as well as the oxygen for a good surrounding mile) into his lungs. Before the rattled Iceman can do anything, Supes gives the "ice breath," blast of his life, tilting his head up and firing Iceman into the nether-regions of space.

As for Beast? He realized a week ago what a bad idea this was, and now Hank McCoy is busy relaxing in Aruba with a fine cigar in his muzzle and a frothing daiquiri in his paw.....

DarkCrawler
That is an good strategy.

King Burger
So Superman has no idea he's walking into a fight?

I think it's a bit difficult for the X-Men to ambush him if he is expecting
any trouble, since he can hear and see them from miles away.

But Piedmon has it down pat. (That Beast line was pretty funny!)

Also, for most of the X-Men, if not all of them, all it would take is one
minor punch from Superman to kill them.

stormfront13
well..... if husk was in there then it wouldn't even be a fight the x-men would win sooooo easily lol. and emma can use her full telepathy in diamond form. she is past thas weakness. and i might add that spues has been hurt by electricity and storm can control great amounts of it. i n say the x-men. if hank has a week and info on superman then they can find a battle stragety to beat him.

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
well..... if husk was in there then it wouldn't even be a fight the x-men would win sooooo easily lol. and emma can use her full telepathy in diamond form. she is past thas weakness. and i might add that spues has been hurt by electricity and storm can control great amounts of it. i n say the x-men. if hank has a week and info on superman then they can find a battle stragety to beat him.

husk? what can she do?

Draco69
Distraction? She fights naked ya know.

stormfront13
no... turn into kryptonite

stormfront13
she can just shed her skin and can be walking a walking statue of supes weakness

Draco69
Maybe. She is capable of doing it. However if she can't reach him...

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
Maybe. She is capable of doing it. However if she can't reach him...

he can just fly away and fry her...

Superherovandal
storm couldn't do anything to help defeat Supes.

kgkg
Ice Man can affect people at a molecular level.

and he can't really be hurt by what Supes does.

Superherovandal
what if Supes blows him into space? he would be forever frozen in space. dead.

Draco69
He'd be in trouble since there's little moisture. He'd spend forever drawing the molecules.

kgkg
Originally posted by Superherovandal
what if Supes blows him into space? he would be forever frozen in space. dead.
When have you seen Superman Blow someone to space just like that.

and Iceman can be water vapor so punches won't mean much.

Draco69
He does for poisonous gases and such.

Superherovandal
so he thinks of Iceman in vapor form as a poisonous fume and blows him into space forever dead. beast and the xmen smart enough not to try and beat supes mourn the deaths of their comrades.

stormfront13
hasn't su[es been hurt by electricity?? i am almost positive i read it on a superman site but now whenever i try to find it i can't. is this true that electricity can hurt him, or has hurt him in the past??

Blair Wind
one problem....supes doesnt know about this power....infact not many of the xmen do exept for jean and pro x.....he doesnt talk about it much....and if supes doesnt know HOW that icy guy just dissapeared he would be confused giving iceman the time to start making extra hard carbon frozen ice picks at him, not really doing much but distractin, then he freezes the air in between supes forcefield and superman (while trying to just freeze him) not letting even superman breath.....and even then it might take a while but he will die after a while.....and if that doesnt suit u he can just freeze supe's brain or his blood, or any freakin kryptonian organ supe's might have......iceman has come a LONG way from throwing snowballs peoples.......

Superherovandal
once all of the Metropolis energy grid he hit and all that happened to him is he got stunned for about a couple seconds.

stormfront13
^^^^ are you refering to the electricity thing superherovandal

Superherovandal
yeah stormfront.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
one problem....supes doesnt know about this power....infact not many of the xmen do exept for jean and pro x.....he doesnt talk about it much....and if supes doesnt know HOW that icy guy just dissapeared he would be confused giving iceman the time to start making extra hard carbon frozen ice picks at him, not really doing much but distractin, then he freezes the air in between supes forcefield and superman (while trying to just freeze him) not letting even superman breath.....and even then it might take a while but he will die after a while.....and if that doesnt suit u he can just freeze supe's brain or his blood, or any freakin kryptonian organ supe's might have......iceman has come a LONG way from throwing snowballs peoples.......

anyone want to counter that????

stormfront13
well it can apparently hurt him a little. storm can more than likely generate more electricity than an energy grid. her powers are back by emotions and will she could easily make one bolt insanley powerful.

Superherovandal
not that powerful. that powers all of metropolis. see unlike storms lightning that is constant.

stormfront13
storm can generate lightning out her hands thast can be consistant

savagerampage
X-men keep superman busy enough for xavier to turn his brain into mush.

Superherovandal
you act like Supes will just stand there he can dodge the lightning and hit Storm before she can think "I'm in a load of **** now."

stormfront13
i know i never said she would defeat him i said that she moght be able to hurt him.

Superherovandal
maybe for like 2 secs.

stormfront13
well if she gets high enough then maybe he will think its natural weather or someone else doing it. like going into the clouds. of wait lol nvr mind he has x-ray vision. idk i still say x-men win.

Superherovandal
xmen lose bad. he could take out all the best xmen before they could even know it.

stormfront13
he will be unable to take out iceman. and i'm cure they could get a battle plan to take him out. i mean they gto hank mcoy and a wek of prep. imo spues is overrated. the cheetah beat him in like a minute

Draco69
That was crap story.

Anyhoo, his cells are protected too. So freezing them won't work. He swallowed a vial of nitro glycerin once.

stormfront13
oh lol i liked that story. yeah but spues can't really kil iceman other than hurling him into space

Superherovandal
So that would mean that supes would beat iceman. As iceman cannot do anything to supes but supes can do something to iceman.

stormfront13
iceman can just turn into water vapor. then what will spues do??

Draco69
Inhale.

Superherovandal
and exhale him into space.

kgkg
Inhale.
then iceman will rip his molecules from inside.

stormfront13
but can't iceman mose while being water vapor?? he wouldn't be dumb enough to stay there. well anyway i still think that x-men win

Draco69
Won't work. His insides are protected too. How else can inhale a cloud of poisonous gas and not suffer ill effects?

stormfront13
well if emma and xavier made him think he was surrounded by kryptonite then wouldn't he feel weird? or like get scared or something. or cast the illusion that all the x-men are his friends or aren't even there??

whirlysplat
Originally posted by kgkg
then iceman will rip his molecules from inside.

nope, he can't do that supes is invulnerable inside as well smile

kgkg
Won't work. His insides are protected too. How else can inhale a cloud of poisonous gas and not suffer ill effects?

Protected? From what? Molecule freezing?

Superherovandal
yeah actually he is also invulnerable and super-strong inside how else do you think he has super-breath?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by kgkg
Protected? From what? Molecule freezing?

yup by his unique energy field, it seems to protect every cell smile

whirlysplat
yeah actually he is also invulnerable and super-strong inside how else do you think he has super-breath?

great minds big grin

kgkg
What issue did superman block something that could have effected his atoms?

Being strong doesn't mean you can't be manipulated.

Hulk is strong (inside and outside) but he is still immune in an atomic level.

Piedmon
iceman can just turn into water vapor. then what will spues do??

BEST. BURN. EVER.

Blair Wind
ok nobody has yet to consider my theory.....couldnt iceman just freeze the TINY space between supe's forcfield and superman?? also if he was inhaled he could just GROW......keep on addin ice....and more ice.....im sory but if A WHOLE LOT of ice is just GROWING inside of him he'll just burst....and even if it doesnt work iceman will still be alive ....also iceman moves soo fast in that form that it could look almost like teleporting if he took shape again......

whirlysplat
ok nobody has yet to consider my theory.....couldnt iceman just freeze the TINY space between supe's forcfield and superman?? also if he was inhaled he could just GROW......keep on addin ice....and more ice.....im sory but if A WHOLE LOT of ice is just GROWING inside of him he'll just burst....and even if it doesnt work iceman will still be alive ....also iceman moves soo fast in that form that it could look almost like teleporting if he took shape again......

Contrary to popular belief liquids can be compressed under pressure, in fact they change state to gas, Iceman stays gas and is exhaled into space roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69
The problem is that Iceman aint that smart

Blair Wind
but what im sayin is that how will supe KNOW to inhale him?? he wont (he's not telepathic) and iceman could just freeze that tiny space.....thats it......make the ice inside that space supes is dead cuz it covers his whole body......

Superherovandal
he has microscopic vision remember?

whirlysplat
No his cells also have the aura

Draco69
If Iceman is a water vapor he would obviously see it (micro vision).

Your theory may be sound but Iceman simply isn't that clever enough to do it that way. If you read X-Men he's still throwing around ice beams.

stormfront13
well......... if supes is so good inside then why was circe able to change him into an animal?? if he is protected on the inside then why was his body rearanged

Draco69
well......... if supes is so good inside then why was circe able to change him into an animal?? if he is protected on the inside then why was his body rearanged

Because it's magic.

stormfront13
but wouldn't it prove he isn't that well protected as everyone claims he is. i mean i know that he has a weakness to magic but it still happened to him

Superherovandal
magic bypasses the aura. everyone know that.

Draco69
but wouldn't it prove he isn't that well protected as everyone claims he is. i mean i know that he has a weakness to magic but it still happened to him

Circe's magic nullified the aura in his cells. Iceman doesn't have that luxury.

stormfront13
i knew that also i'm just saying he isn't always protected and his molecules can be arranged

Piedmon
Yeah, but that's useless to Iceman until he learns some sorcery.

Draco69
i knew that also i'm just saying he isn't always protected and his molecules can be arranged

????

His cells are constantly protected as long as there is sunlight. But magic nullifies no matter what.

Iceman cannot by pass it.

stormfront13
yeah- what about my theory of the illusions- would that work??

Draco69
No. Manchester Black tried it and failed. Speaking of which...

Superherovandal
the problem is they aren't as good as White Martians and he would have enough time to wipe out all the telepaths by then.

Blair Wind
ok this is just a scientific side note cuz im not understanding....there is water vapor in the air all the time...how is supes gonna know which one molecules are iceman....in that form he is reeeeeeeaaaalllly disspersed......his consioulsness is in those molecules but it doesnt make those molecules look any different then the other ones...so how does that work? just a question...also...hahha i have the perfect strategy cuz im smart that way.....i know iceman would never do this and im saying as such....buuuut if it was ALLLLL out with no other hope of winning.....he can just miousture inversion supes head off.....sorta like the theory of Nightcrawler teleporting peoples limbs off....except since this works on a molecular level it would work...i mean he can mouisture inversion other people (i think it was in AOA that he did that but its still in his range of powers) so why not pick and choose which molecules go and which dont....damn i really wish they would make iceman smarter with his powers.......there are even theories out there (nothing conclusive) that he can do more than just things with ice and more with moleculare control.....i can find a link if somebody wants....but its pretty vague.......

Draco69
He is possibly capable of all this....but as you said he's dumb. Really dumb. He's what 25 and he still hasn't even begun to master his powers? So a molecular inversion isn't gonna happen. Now if someone with common sense had his powers...

Blair Wind
ok this is just a scientific side note cuz im not understanding....there is water vapor in the air all the time...how is supes gonna know which one molecules are iceman....in that form he is reeeeeeeaaaalllly disspersed......his consioulsness is in those molecules but it doesnt make those molecules look any different then the other ones...so how does that work? just a question...

Draco69
Well, there has to be SOMETHING unusual about the water vapor. In either case he would just keep inhaling.

Blair Wind
thats just my point...there isnt....he becomes it...just like he can BECOME water....like when emma did it...and if he cant tell the difference which i think he cant....how would he know to inhale???

Blair Wind
this is something illadelph said in another thread that can be used here about supes field....and i'd have to agree with it...and if it is then it would be logical to assume that iceman could do the same thing that he said the atom could just by freezing that space....here it is:

Also something of note that people overlook about Supes biomatrix 'forcefield'; it is air-tight, but it is not inpenetrable to energy attacks. The fact that he absorbs solar rays (energy) in itself shows that the field is susceptible to energy based attacks, logically, also his susceptibility to psionics and telekinesis.

It also allows him to breath, so obviously things can pass through it and effect his innards since he can breath and metabolize air. (Like, for instance, The Atom could shrink to the size of an oxygen atom to pass through Supes matrix and harm him from inside).

pr1983
firstly, storm is nowhere near powerful enough to generate as much electricity as metropolis' entire grid... her lightning wont hurt supes...

superman is invulnerable to anything the x-men can do bar telepathic attack... once the telepaths are out its game over...

Blair Wind
I still think that iceman teamed with the others stand a chance........i mean storm is no slouch, pro x and emma are powerful....cyclops is a great tactician.....he could pull something outa his ass......and.....dadada dumm...we already established that iceman isnt the sharpest person but if pro x knows his powers coulnd he order him to do the mouisture inversion thing with ALL of the xmen given the telepaths total protection from supes lettin them cut him down cuz i still dont think he would realize what was goin on.....

pr1983
I still think that iceman teamed with the others stand a chance........i mean storm is no slouch, pro x and emma are powerful....cyclops is a great tactician.....he could pull something outa his ass......and.....dadada dumm...we already established that iceman isnt the sharpest person but if pro x knows his powers coulnd he order him to do the mouisture inversion thing with ALL of the xmen given the telepaths total protection from supes lettin them cut him down cuz i still dont think he would realize what was goin on.....

ok... heres a scenario... and this is assuming supes doesnt speed blitz at all...

the match starts, cyclops, storm, logan, colossus and rogue create a diversion by attacking supes from different directions, and iceman creates an obscenely large (and continouusly growing) ice wall between the telepaths and superman...

in the five seconds (or less) it takes supes to take down his attackers (who cant hurt him anyway), the professor and emma hit supes with a telepathic attack...

this is assuming superman doesnt use superspeed...

Draco69
Can't Superman just melt the ice wall?

Superherovandal
or speed blitz right through it?

pr1983
Can't Superman just melt the ice wall?

he'd be distracted by cyke's blasts and ororo's lightning, and rogue flying towards him (however ineffectual)...

or speed blitz right through it?

read the fine print stick out tongue

i said it was all based on the assumption supes wouldnt use speed...

Superherovandal
lol. sorry. couldn't he just punch it?

stormfront13
pr storms lightning will have some affect. if he was stunned for like 2 seconds just by hitting it, then it will hurt when it is continiously hitting him. but imo ths doesn't matter much cause i don't see her being a facote in this

Superherovandal
do you know how much electricty it would take to power the entire of Metropolis? it is a city that is roughly the size of NYC. No way she can produce that much electricity.

Draco69
Not to mention the city is incredibly advanced.

stormfront13
i don't think she can power all of metropilas either i never said that. if he was stunned from just running into it. he did not have it go through his head. storm can in fact make ligtning go into your head.

Superherovandal
that must have been trillions upon trillions of volts of course he would be stunned.

pr1983
i don't think she can power all of metropilas either i never said that. if he was stunned from just running into it. he did not have it go through his head. storm can in fact make ligtning go into your head.

you know his head is protected from such things by his bio field...

stormfront13
yeah i know but his field didn't stop electricity before. he didn't have a continual amount coursing through his body when this happened either

Superherovandal
hello trillions of volts. of course it would stun him. duh. but it only did for like 2 seconds. then he would melt the skin off of her skull

stormfront13
well se can do more than a million. she can go over a million dehrees. i'm sure it will hurt him somehow

Superherovandal
not really. he survived a full hit by a multi mega ton nuke.

stormfront13
yeah i've heard that tons of times. the point is tat her powers are backed by her emotions and will. f she can see that the x-men are losing she can create one super powerful bolt that should have some sort of affect depoending on how mad she is. would wrapping him in an electro magnetic field do anything to him?

pr1983
well se can do more than a million. she can go over a million dehrees. i'm sure it will hurt him somehow

she just isnt powerful enough... simple as that... a trillion is a lot more than a million...

stormfront13
i know that thats obvious. we haven't seen a limit as to how much she can do

stormfront13
and she can bend the laws of nature, thats how she went mach three. she can make one lightning bolt unnaturally powerful.

pr1983
and she can bend the laws of nature, thats how she went mach three. she can make one lightning bolt unnaturally powerful.

still not powerful enough to hurt superman, her emotions wont affect her that much, she aint the hulk...

stormfront13
um... in case you don't know her powers are affected by her emotions. she is like the hulk but lacks the strength. the madder she gets the more sever the wether can be

pr1983
um... in case you don't know her powers are affected by her emotions. she is like the hulk but lacks the strength. the madder she gets the more sever the wether can be

i know, but not to the extent that she's mother nature...

and this is superman... storm isnt hurting him... she's not at that level, if she was she wouldn't need the x-men...

stormfront13
well imo she could take many people w/ out the x-men but a lot of the x-men could go solo. the fact that she stays is cause they are a family. maybe she can't hurt him much, though not that it would matter much. i have another thing to say bit not sure how others will react to the idea. well.... this isn't it but what would wrappping him in an electromagnetic field do?? could she give him a heart attack or would his shield prevent that??

Superherovandal
shield would prevent that along with his super-strong organs.

pr1983
well imo she could take many people w/ out the x-men but a lot of the x-men could go solo. the fact that she stays is cause they are a family. maybe she can't hurt him much, though not that it would matter much. i have another thing to say bit not sure how others will react to the idea. well.... this isn't it but what would wrappping him in an electromagnetic field do?? could she give him a heart attack or would his shield prevent that??

lol...

the x-men need each other, they couldnt survive without each other... they couldn't take down half the enemies they fight without each other...

i've said it before... the x-men are more than the sum of their parts... the make up for each others weaknesses, they compliment each other...

i cant believe your entertaining the idea that a standard x-man could take arguably the strongest member of the jla...

stormfront13
no x-men by himself could take him. when did i say this?? excatley i didn't. together they could take him. just not with this team. i think tha they would need husk to do it.

illadelph12
Originally posted by pr1983
i know, but not to the extent that she's mother nature...

and this is superman... storm isnt hurting him... she's not at that level, if she was she wouldn't need the x-men...

laughing

Being on a team does not = weak

Supes has a team...

And Supes is vulnerable to electricity as well as prep time.

Just ask Batman...

X-Men would win.

Cerebro does come in a portable size, you know, and Charles and/or Emma doesn't have to be on the battlefield to fight. They could quietly mindrape Supes from a basement and he'd never know.

They do have a week of prep and info of Supes in this scenario after all.

Superherovandal
yeah but they are no where near as good as the Batman is at using preptime nor do they know Supes as well as he does. plus that was the entire metropolis electrical grid.

illadelph12
Yeah, and the thread originator stated that the X-Men have a week of prep and Lex Luthor's Supes files. I'm sure it would include his weaknesses, and Hank Mccoy is no slouch in the brains department. Batman has him on the detective skills, but as a scientist Beast is only 1 or 2 steps behind. Not to mention the X-men have Shiar Tech.

A week is enough time.

X-Men win

I also find it funny how people DOWNPLAY Storm's powers. You guys may want to familiarize with a phenomona called chain lightning. The Earth's atmosphere can generate immense amounts of electricty...

Cosmic Cube
yeah but they are no where near as good as the Batman is at using preptime nor do they know Supes as well as he does. plus that was the entire metropolis electrical grid.

Opinion.

The X-Men are great at using prep-time. Ever heard of the the War Room, or the Danger Room? They are probably better at using prep time than Batman.

Piedmon
Originally posted by illadelph12
laughing

Being on a team does not = weak

Supes has a team...

And Supes is vulnerable to electricity as well as prep time.

Just ask Batman...

X-Men would win.

Cerebro does come in a portable size, you know, and Charles and/or Emma doesn't have to be on the battlefield to fight. They could quietly mindrape Supes from a basement and he'd never know.

They do have a week of prep and info of Supes in this scenario after all.

They could be anywhere on earth. Anywhere on earth. Supes' microscopic vision, plus his x-ray vision, will pinpoint their exact location. From there, it takes him less then a second to reach them, and still less then that second to take them out.

Even if they hide behind a lead-lined fortress, Supes has his other super-senses to tell him where the mental emanations are coming from.

Also, don't think he's any slouch in the mental department either. Superman has been trained in Torquasm Rao, the Kryptonian Martial arts that emphasize fighting on a higher mental plane. He'd only have to resist Professor X and the White Queen for the scant moments it took him to HEAR THEIR BREATHING.

GalacticStorm
"They could be anywhere on earth. Anywhere on earth. Supes' microscopic vision, plus his x-ray vision, will pinpoint their exact location. From there, it takes him less then a second to reach them, and still less then that second to take them out.

Even if they hide behind a lead-lined fortress, Supes has his other super-senses to tell him where the mental emanations are coming from.

Also, don't think he's any slouch in the mental department either. Superman has been trained in Torquasm Rao, the Kryptonian Martial arts that emphasize fighting on a higher mental plane. He'd only have to resist Professor X and the White Queen for the scant moments it took him to HEAR THEIR BREATHING."

Please dont be ridiculous. How old are u? Please read some comics.

Superherovandal
no way the xmen can beat Batman at using prep-time it is his single most powerful weapon. could they single-handedly have contingency plans to defeat each of the JLA?

Cosmic Cube
no way the xmen can beat Batman at using prep-time it is his single most powerful weapon. could they single-handedly have contingency plans to defeat each of the JLA?

With the information and resources Batman has, certainly.

Blair Wind
ok im not sure if i got this point across...but iceman could just turn his teamates to air (not harming them and still in control of there concious) were x and emma could mind rape supes.....and storm could probably still control her power in that form so chain lighting would work to......

illadelph12
Beast and Professor X aren't exactly remedial level thinkers, you know.

A week of prep and files on the opponent supplied by the targets arch-nemesis, and I'm sure they could come up with something.

Let's see, Beast, Professor X, Shiar Tech, a week of prep against Supes, and Lex Luthor providing info on Supes for them to work with to kill him...

Hmm...

Beast would create emitters that would release a field of synthetic kryptonite radiaton and red sunlight to weaken Supes when he gets in close proximity to the X-Men. using concealed emitters with say a 50 yard radius that Beast would wear, and also have units planted near where they planned to confront Supes Also, he could create synthetic kryptonite (Batman did), make it into a powdered form, and give it to Storm, who in turn will create a thunderstorm and seed the stormclouds with the kryptonite which would polarize the kryptonite particles and create a type of kryptonite acid rain over the battlefield when the confrontation begins (Storm would not be on the frontlines, this would be a subversive, covert attack. She'd create the storm front from a distance, quietly, having the storm roll into town like a natural occurence, and Iceman would be with her).

Cyclops, NC, Beast (with emitters on his person and planted around the battlefield), and Wolverine should be the first to engage combat with Supes, luring him to the center of the highly populated city of Quebec by having Beast and NC scare civilians in Downtown assuming the boyscout won't go all out around civilians (neither would the X-Men, but I'm assuming they are villains in this scenario since they are hired assassins).

Supes will come in and try to talk (as usual) while the other team members prepare to enact the plan without speaking since Professor X can coordinate everything telepathically from Cerebro.

As Superman speaks it begins to lightly rain, increasing in intensity as he continues his speach and time goes by. Wolverine insults Supes and calls him a "Tights wearin Mam's boy", and unsheaths his claws just as the downpour has reached sheets of rain (Acid rain laced with polarized kryptonite and accompanied by Iceman who has intermixed with the rain in liquid form). Professor X covertly switches on the array of emitters from there base of operations as Wolverine rushes Supes, who stands there in his usual "You can't hurt me little man" pose, not knowing he's bathing in kryptonite from the rainfall and radiation emitters that are bombarding the area in red sun light and sythesized kryptonite radiation. Logan's first slash does nothing, but then his second slashes the S on Supes chest. Supes looks down and is bewildered.

At that moment, Professor X and Emma assault his mind using enhanced portable Cerebros from a lead laced basement at the outskirts of Quebec when Supes is beginning to weaken. Wolverine keeps up the assault on the distracted Kal El, slashing away but not doing much damage at all. Iceman (in liquid form and not visible since he came with the rain fall) encases Supes legs in ice and he falls down, and then Cyke and Beast move in to quadruple team Supes with close range exposure to the emitter on Beast's person. As Supes weakens further from the radiatioon exposure, Iceman (still not visible) encases more of his body in ice, then the X-Men fall back as Storm (with targetting being relayed telepathically, no talking) directs chain lightning into the weakened Supes water drenched and ice covered body, helping conduct even more of the electrical current through his body.

Supes lays there smoking and tattered, drenched in red sunlight rays and kryptonite, his mind filled with illusions of his first battle with Doomsday (in the Lex files) and Lois Lane being tortured on Apokolips, calling for him as he lays powerless to help her. He screams and writhes in agony as Logan and Beast wqith his emitter move back in for the final blow on the weakened Kryptonian.

"Goodnight bub..."

SNIKT

Game over.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by illadelph12
Beast and Professor X aren't exactly remedial level thinkers, you know.

A week of prep and files on the opponent supplied by the targets arch-nemesis, and I'm sure they could come up with something.

Let's see, Beast, Professor X, Shiar Tech, a week of prep against Supes, and Lex Luthor providing info on Supes for them to work with to kill him...

Hmm...

Beast would create emitters that would release a field of synthetic kryptonite radiaton and red sunlight to weaken Supes when he gets in close proximity to the X-Men. using concealed emitters with say a 50 yard radius that Beast would wear, and also have units planted near where they planned to confront Supes Also, he could create synthetic kryptonite (Batman did), make it into a powdered form, and give it to Storm, who in turn will create a thunderstorm and seed the stormclouds with the kryptonite which would polarize the kryptonite particles and create a type of kryptonite acid rain over the battlefield when the confrontation begins (Storm would not be on the frontlines, this would be a subversive, covert attack. She'd create the storm front from a distance, quietly, having the storm roll into town like a natural occurence, and Iceman would be with her).

Cyclops, NC, Beast (with emitters on his person and planted around the battlefield), and Wolverine should be the first to engage combat with Supes, luring him to the center of the highly populated city of Quebec by having Beast and NC scare civilians in Downtown assuming the boyscout won't go all out around civilians (neither would the X-Men, but I'm assuming they are villains in this scenario since they are hired assassins).

Supes will come in and try to talk (as usual) while the other team members prepare to enact the plan without speaking since Professor X can coordinate everything telepathically from Cerebro.

As Superman speaks it begins to lightly rain, increasing in intensity as he continues his speach and time goes by. Wolverine insults Supes and calls him a "Tights wearin Mam's boy", and unsheaths his claws just as the downpour has reached sheets of rain (Acid rain laced with polarized kryptonite and accompanied by Iceman who has intermixed with the rain in liquid form). Professor X covertly switches on the array of emitters from there base of operations as Wolverine rushes Supes, who stands there in his usual "You can't hurt me little man" pose, not knowing he's bathing in kryptonite from the rainfall and radiation emitters that are bombarding the area in red sun light and sythesized kryptonite radiation. Logan's first slash does nothing, but then his second slashes the S on Supes chest. Supes looks down and is bewildered.

At that moment, Professor X and Emma assault his mind using enhanced portable Cerebros from a lead laced basement at the outskirts of Quebec when Supes is beginning to weaken. Wolverine keeps up the assault on the distracted Kal El, slashing away but not doing much damage at all. Iceman (in liquid form and not visible since he came with the rain fall) encases Supes legs in ice and he falls down, and then Cyke and Beast move in to quadruple team Supes with close range exposure to the emitter on Beast's person. As Supes weakens further from the radiatioon exposure, Iceman (still not visible) encases more of his body in ice, then the X-Men fall back as Storm (with targetting being relayed telepathically, no talking) directs chain lightning into the weakened Supes water drenched and ice covered body, helping conduct even more of the electrical current through his body.

Supes lays there smoking and tattered, drenched in red sunlight rays and kryptonite, his mind filled with illusions of his first battle with Doomsday (in the Lex files) and Lois Lane being tortured on Apokolips, calling for him as he lays powerless to help her. He screams and writhes in agony as Logan and Beast wqith his emitter move back in for the final blow on the weakened Kryptonian.

"Goodnight bub..."

SNIKT

Game over.

roll eyes (sarcastic) right sad confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

doctorstrongbad
Wow... whirlysplat did a great job discussing his views. It looks people think the new x-men can win this battle.

Draco69
Originally posted by whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic) right sad confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's a good story....just incredibly implausible. Acid-Rain Kryptonite? What the f**k?

doctorstrongbad
Okay Draco69... you seem to think Superman can win. What do you think will happen in this fight? Don't forget the x-men do have prep time.

whirlysplat
Wow... whirlysplat did a great job discussing his views. It looks people think the new x-men can win this battle.

roll eyes (sarcastic) sometimes things speak for themselves roll eyes (sarcastic)

doctorstrongbad
So Whirlysplat what do the new X-men do with their money once they win?

Cosmic Cube
It's a good story....just incredibly implausible. Acid-Rain Kryptonite? What the f**k?

I agree.

A "Kryptonite Tornado" sounds more tangible. Right?

whirlysplat
So Whirlysplat what do the new X-men do with their money once they win?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

doctorstrongbad
um so what do they do with the money? Any ideas?

whirlysplat
um so what do they do with the money? Any ideas?
bored

illadelph12

You understand the concepts of cloud seeding and acid rain, correct?

Draco69
You understand the concept of implementing a fictional element into weather science right?

Superherovandal
plus why doesn't he just use super-speed or heat-vision? or fly above the clouds and hit them from above like an ICBM? Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile.

illadelph12
http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/nhurr97/CSEED.HTM

Info on cloud seeding.

And Draco, we're debating fictional events and characters in the first place. In comics just about anything is possible, and given that in comics kryptonite exists, and Storm controls the weather, and in order to seed clouds you need particles of an element (in this case, kryptonite in the place of silver iodide or sulfur) to become polarized within the clouds, it's actually sound.

Maybe not popular to DC fans, but given the premise, it is plausible.

Draco69
That's the problem. How do we know that kryptonite is capable of becoming polarized at all in a cloud? It's sound on the basis that kryptonite is an element that is capable (like sulphur or silver iodide) of becoming polarized. Which you have no proof. It has never been done. And I'm pretty goddamn sure Lex Luthor would have thought it before Beast or Professor X.

Superherovandal
could he still not hit them before they could start the rain?

illadelph12
plus why doesn't he just use super-speed or heat-vision? or fly above the clouds and hit them from above like an ICBM? Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile.

Well, the thread originator stated the X-Men were paid to kill him, but Supes doesn't know that. In my scenario, they cause a disturbance in Downtown Quebec and lure Supes out to remedy the situation. Supes wouldn't know it was a trap, and he wouldn't know who the X-Men were or what they are capable of. Supes more times than not does not simply rush in and kill his opponents, it's not in his character. He tries to quell things peacefully if possible. The thread originator does not state Supes has any prior knowledge of what's going on, only the X-men have 'prep'.

Draco69
He could. However according to the premise. Superman is just gonna stand there stupidly and do nothing. For god's sake, even the most trace amount of kryponite has an adverse reaction to him. He won't just stand in krypto-rain like nothing's happening. He's completely underrating Superman's intelligence. Superman's super-genius. He builds stuff that would make Iron Man look like an amateur.

Blair Wind
ok...........they have prep time....they have alien technology....they have beast....they have the most powerful telepath in the world....they have argueably two of the most powerful mutants in the world.....iceman cannot be detected by supes....iceman can make everyone "air".....storm, pro x and emma would probably still be able to use there powers in that state.......telepaths hit him from within.....storm and iceman make really cold rain that storm then uses to conduct lots of lightning, while iceman freezes supes nostrils and his mouth........he may not be harmed by the temp.....but hows he gonna breath??

illadelph12
could he still not hit them before they could start the rain?

In my scenario Storm's not on the battlefield. She creates the storm quietly from a distance in a manner in which it appears to be a natural occurence so Supes does not suspect anything. Every time it rains Supes does not think a villain is behind it. The Earth does have weather after all.

illadelph12
He could. However according to the premise. Superman is just gonna stand there stupidly and do nothing. For god's sake, even the most trace amount of kryponite has an adverse reaction to him. He won't just stand in krypto-rain like nothing's happening. He's completely underrating Superman's intelligence. Superman's super-genius. He builds stuff that would make Iron Man look like an amateur.

It's not just kryptonite rain, Beast has also set up red sunlight and krypton radiation signature emitters on the battle field. Basically, they set a trap that more than levels the playing field. He'd be bombarded with his weakness and in no condition to simply zip away.

Superherovandal
what I don't get is how in comics red sun nullifies his powers. sure it does weaken him but I mean he has 30+ years of solar energy stored in him. He shouldn't be able to lose his powers that fast.

illadelph12
what I don't get is how in comics red sun nullifies his powers. sure it does weaken him but I mean he has 30+ years of solar energy stored in him. He shouldn't be able to lose his powers that fast.

Well, I think it works by dampening his bio-matrix. Kinda how you can have a generator with 50 years worth of power stored, but an EMP would knock it out if it went off while the generator was active. Basically, Supes generator is always active, so even with his energy stores, the right frequency of energy/radiation can still short him out.

In his case, magic, kryptonite radiation, and red sun light rays.

black wolverine
first of all let me just say i hate superman

ok now x-men would win hella easy collosus can just hold superman while wolverine shanks the shit out of him andproffesor x can just make supermans mind think its dead and just have wolverien stab him to death superman is not all that and superman is slow the say he is hella fast n'shit but in the cartoon he gets his ass handed to him buy big slow people

Draco69
And in the X-Men movie Wolverine got knocked with a bullet to the head...

Piedmon
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
"They could be anywhere on earth. Anywhere on earth. Supes' microscopic vision, plus his x-ray vision, will pinpoint their exact location. From there, it takes him less then a second to reach them, and still less then that second to take them out.

Also, don't think he's any slouch in the mental department either. Superman has been trained in Torquasm Rao, the Kryptonian Martial arts that emphasize fighting on a higher mental plane. He'd only have to resist Professor X and the White Queen for the scant moments it took him to HEAR THEIR BREATHING."

Please dont be ridiculous. How old are u? Please read some comics.

I'm old enough to know how to spell "you...."

There are pretty much three people who can beat Superman, and none of them are X-Men. Your arguments boil down to, "well if they had an anti-Superman ray they could beat Superman...." which hardly makes this a versus thread.

Even if they had a week, nothing in the X-Men's arsenal is going to stop Superman. If they had a fully manifested Pheonix, that would be a different story, but this team? Not a chance.

illadelph12
I take it you're 'anti-prep' Piedmon.

Superherovandal
c'mon they would need more than a week to make all of that tech. Red sun generators. kryptonite rain.

illadelph12
They already have radiation/energy emitters, it's simply a matter of changing the frequencies. As for synthesizing kryptonite, that too has already been done, Beast just has to mimic the process and he has Shiar tech to work with. He could make enough in a week. Luthor is providing them with all the info they'd need to kill Supes, the acid rain attack is just an added possibility because the X-Men have a teammate that controls weather.

It's not like they could alter Cyke's beams to red sunlight by filtering it through a crystal prism other than ruby quarts or something like that...

Superherovandal
but still with the tech they only have a remote chance of winning. he could speedblitz them out in .01milliseconds

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>