Our lives, How did we ever come to pass..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
If you think about it, it is pretty amazing, we are on this small rock hurtling rapidly around the sun, which itself is traveling at amazing speeds, and we are just the right distance away from the sun for life to actually happen and yet their is most probably the same thing happening in a different part of the universe.

What were the real chances that we would be born into the human species, there are thousands of other species in the world and we were born human, it just makes me feel really good knowing that the possibility of me me sitting in front of this computer writing this very thread are so unbelievable minute and i am, all because of some cosmic explosion, damn it is great

Tex
The vast majority of humans believe that there is life after death (spent blissfully in heaven), they cant possible phantom that this life is all they have. It's too depressing.

But I look at it differently. I'm so fortunate to be here, to exist, I'm extremely thankful that I've had the opportunity to witness the beauty that is the earth and the gorgeous life that it supports and nurtures.

Alpha Centauri
Well nobody knows if there is or isn't life after death. I have beliefs, none of them are as simple as heaven/hell after life, but they are involving afterlife.

I don't see the point on spending the now dwelling on the future though, this moment is all we have because the future is conceptual. As long as we inhabit these bodies anyway.

So I do like Maynard suggests: Recognise this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.

-AC

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Tex
The vast majority of humans believe that there is life after death (spent blissfully in heaven), they cant possible phantom that this life is all they have. It's too depressing.

That is always what i have said/thought

Alpha Centauri
Then concentrate on you.

I recognise that this life might be all I have, but I'm not gonna convince myself of that because I don't know that it's true. It's not some optimistic reason to not be afraid, it's just what I believe.

-AC

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Then concentrate on you.

I recognise that this life might be all I have, but I'm not gonna convince myself of that because I don't know that it's true. It's not some optimistic reason to not be afraid, it's just what I believe.

-AC

I understand where you are coming from, no one knows what is going to happen after life, and I'm not saying that people only believe in something after life after death because of fear, the fact is practically everyone is scared of dieing and the thought of something after it is just a cushion

Alpha Centauri
I'm not scared of dying.

So the thought of SOMETHING after it isn't a cushion to me. Or to many people I should imagine. It's quite ignorant that you would pass off someone elses beliefs due to a generalisation.

-AC

Tex
Every major religion revolves around death.

Death has no influence on how I live my life.
I'm a deist, Deism teaches that:

No one knows for certain what happens after death, if anything at all. It teaches that, based on the creation we are all a part of, we shouldn't worry about it. That instead, we should be concerned for the present and future of planet Earth and humanity. That we should work hard to improve life and also enjoy it here and now. Why should we worry about death when we have so much to do in life? And do we think so little of Nature's God that we don't trust Him with our future?

smile

§P0oONY
I'm not scared of dying.

So the thought of SOMETHING after it isn't a cushion to me. Or to many people I should imagine. It's quite ignorant that you would pass off someone elses beliefs due to a generalisation.

-AC

i didn't pass off you beliefs, i used to believe in god and heaven etc. but i came to the conclusion through science that it just doesn't't appeal to my way of life, that doesn't mean i have a closed mind. Surely it doesn't matter what people believe, you shouldn't judge people on the fact that the believe/don't believe in certain things

Tex

Alpha Centauri

§P0oONY
It doesn't matter what people believe, which is why I don't get this "it's depressing" comment.

How can it be if it doesn't effect you? Answer: It can't.

-AC

What "it's depressing" comment??

Jackie Malfoy

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
It was god's plan I guess.JM

well if it was, thank you god

argen angel
God it to integrated into our socieoty. SCREW HIM! (just for the sake of this comment)

§P0oONY
Originally posted by argen angel
God it to integrated into our socieoty. SCREW HIM! (just for the sake of this comment)

wow, that makes no sense, why do people not think before posting nowadays

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.