Mastodon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Strangelove
Anyone like them?

I really liked Leviathan, as the whole album is filled with pure metal greatness. The drummer Bran Dailor, was the standout as his beats were very unique and interesting. I also really liked the hunting down Moby Dick concept.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think that was the concept per se.

Brann Dailor is excellent but I wouldn't say he's a standout. They're all a unit. However if anyone's the standout it's Bill Kelliher.

I swear I created a thread on them ages ago.

Anyway, Leviathan is an amazing album. Remission is good also.

-AC

loserib
cant wait to see them live this summer

Afro Cheese
I have the album Leviathan but that's it. Great album though.

SlipknoT
They're playing here in about 2 weeks, I might check it out.

nick1811
mastodon are great, a band for the future, i reckon

magic_hate_ball
i do have to admit that braans drumming is better than it was with Today is the Day but id rather listen to TITD than Mastodon but mastodon is good too big grin

Otaku
BUMPAGE!!!Such a great band needs to be on top of the page!!!!

Brann Dailor is a standout i think.A great drummer.
Brent Hinds is good,as are Bill Keliher and Troy Sanders.As AC mentioned a unit erm

Alpha Centauri
If it's not being discussed or unless you have something to add, I don't see the point in bumping.

-AC

Otaku
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If it's not being discussed or unless you have something to add, I don't see the point in bumping.

-AC

Dude you're...sheesh...

Alpha Centauri
I'm sheesh? Thanks, a true accolade.

-AC

Otaku
I'm sheesh? Thanks, a true accolade.

-AC

Your a sort of uptight bored

Especially for a 19 year old confused

Alpha Centauri
Why? Because I see no point in bumping old threads? If they're forgotten it's for a reason.

-AC

Otaku
Why? Because I see no point in bumping old threads? If they're forgotten it's for a reason.

-AC

Pah.

If i want to talk about Mastodon i might as well bump an old thread instead of making a new one which will be closed anyway.

Red Superfly
My brother likes Mastodon, and has Leviathan.

It's not my cup of tea, to be honest. I have to be in a very specific mood.

nick1811
JESUS CHRIST THE NEW ALBUM IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

Hunters of the sky = droolio

everyone NEEDS to hear it

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by nick1811
JESUS CHRIST THE NEW ALBUM IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

Hunters of the sky = droolio

everyone NEEDS to hear it

I'm pretty sure I can wait until it comes out. If it's as incredible as people say, the least I can do is afford them the courtesy of waiting 'til the release date.

-AC

nick1811
I'm pretty sure I can wait until it comes out. If it's as incredible as people say, the least I can do is afford them the courtesy of waiting 'til the release date.

-AC

dont worry, im still going to buy it when it comes out, i just wanted to check if it was worth it, and, trust me, it DEFINETLY is!

nick1811
everyone here seriously should get blood mountain when it comes out, it just gets better every time you here it

SelphieT
I thought Leviathan was amazing, I truly enjoyed it

nick1811
Originally posted by nick1811
everyone here seriously should get blood mountain when it comes out, it just gets better every time you here it

*hear

C-Dic
Just a bump for tomorrow's release of "Blood Mountain". I previewed the entire new album, and while I'm still on the fence i nregards to "Leviathan", I think "Blood Mountain" is amazing. I've got a feeling after this album, and potentially one more, they'll be nearing Tool/King Crimson status as far as creativity in the prog rock arena is concerned. Lyrically, however, that'll never happen.

I'd suggest giving a listen.

Alpha Centauri
They don't have the musicianship to touch Tool or King Crimson, by a longshot.

I'd put that idea out of the building.

-AC

C-Dic
To each their own. King Crimson is overrated to begin with IMO, so I don't consider it much a of a stretch. Prog rock is a pretty shallow pool, so to speak.

Alpha Centauri
When those bands have drummers that are creative enough to write and play in Fibonacci time sequences, we'll have a chat.

Until then, it's unrealistic to say they're close to Tool.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.