Favorite Lightsaber Combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Trinew
Vote

Darth Trinew
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat#Form_I:_Shii-Cho

Darth_Janus
Hm. As a Jedi, I would vote first and foremost for form Zero. That is the closest to true Jedi doctrine. Next would be form III.

As a Sith, I'd pick Form II first, and second would be Vaapad.

Darth Trinew
i wanna study BOTH Makashi and Vaapad. Im guessin Sidious is Ataru?

Darth_Janus
Sidious is form VII actually, I think... A Niman master.

darthmaul165
ur gay janus

Darth_Janus
You came all the way over here to this thread to say that? at least insult with style. Like this...

Darth Mantis
BURN... BURN...

Darth Inanis
I don't know all of the lightsaber forms, but I know that Vaapad was really cool. Vaapad was one of the forms close to the dark side, if I remember right. In the moment my favorite is probably Vaapad, but if I would know wich one was truly a dark side lightsaber form, then I would chose that one. big grin

Darth Jello
Darth Sidious' form which is a combination of all the forms, other than vapaad, used ambidextrously and in conjunction with lightning and force shoves.

Kun-ni Habeo
form III true master is invincible,,then vapaad

Kun-ni Habeo
but i voted 4 cuz it is atractive

exanda kane
i just like the idea of a powerful master like windu being able able to use a form so close to the dark side and still remain on in the light. So vaapad definetly.

SnakeEyes
It is too hard for me to pick just one...

Naga Sadow
i love obi wans form. its fast and deadly. defensive at times, yet still considerably offensive. i love watchin his duels. especially the 1 with maul. also like vaapad, being close do dark side, offensive and fast.

Darth_Janus
At the time of TPM, Obi Wan, like his master, was still a practitioner of form IV. However, after seeing Qui Gon's defense be beaten, he took up Form III in earnest and eventually mastered it.

Mark Jade
Originally posted by Kun-ni Habeo
form III true master is invincible,,then vapaad
Form three masters are invincible but they can't kill there opostion either

Darth_Janus
A bit inaccurate. far better would be saying a Form III master can fight an opponent to a stalemate, never truly taking the upper hand. but that's not saying the opponent can't ever be killed at any point in the battle. Especially when it comes to Ninja Obi.

Kun-ni Habeo
lol,,yes,,ob1 is undead

((The_Anomaly))
i like form 6 (just cause of sids) form 2 would have to be my fav tho, i love dookus style.

Doctor Strange
Vaapad by far.

Wanderer259
Bah, everyone says Juyo/Vaapad because it's the "best". wink

I like Makashi the best, I think. Small, controlled, and tight cuts coupled with stabs. None of those wide, sweeping cuts that every other style uses. That or Ataru, because all that Force movement just looks so damn cool. It's offensive without pouring everything into it like Form V and tries to get the job done right away (going for vital points).

Darth_Janus
I like Makashi myself, too. I'd favor form II if I was a Sith, and form III just because it best reflects the doctrine as a Jedi.

Kiu Dun
I'd say Shi Cho since its the basis for all thew other forms.

SithKiller
I voted Makashi after seeing Dooku battle in AOTC but thats because I havent seen Vaapad in action....I really should have voted soresu but Dooku just seemed to dominate Obi-Wan so I couldnt do it...lol...oh well cant change the vote....unless I pimp can get my ole lady curlers to sweet talk whip Lance Windu....Ush police just seems to righteous that darn shield and that ghastly ghost1 lightsaber that goes UUUSSSHHHGGAAARRRKK when he waves it around just give me the heebee jeebees... eek...haha

Darth_Glentract
Mace is using Vapaad in ep2. How did you see Dooku and not Mace?

Darth_Janus
Granted, Mace swings his lightsaber like what, three times?

Jedi7115
Makashi is the way to go. You forget that all the swordplay in movies is just flashy and in a real fight they would be dead before the could even swing their blade. Small, fast, & controled thrust will win against the long flashy moves done in the movies. Watch a few documentaries and you might learn something Padawans. Instead of dreaming of delusions of grandeur.

Darth Mantis
Ataru...

Otaku_Sith
Ataru love the jumps and flips but this brings me to a question why does Yoda flip and shit and Qui-Gon doesn't?

Darth Trinew
Atarus dont only jump, they spin too which Qui-Gon does a lot.

Otaku_Sith
That's cool but he doesn't flip or jump

Darth_Janus
He's Liam, not a CGI actor.

Darth_Janus
And he does jump quite a bit.

Otaku_Sith
But he doesn't flip and that's the point how come flips or jumps every attack and Qui-Gon doesn't but still have the same style?

SWGEEK
Shien/djem so all the way

Darth_Janus
The essence of Ataru is Force-assisted acrobatics. It doesn't say "Thou must flip". If that was a requirement of a Jedi fighting style, it wouldn't have applicable use in all situations. And no fighting philosophy is that bare bones simple as to be flip, jump, slash.

Tormentor_2004
Makashi

Kun-ni Habeo
soresu

Kiu Dun
My favorite fighting style would be Juyo. Why? Because it is like Ataru, but has much less openings in its attacks. Juyo is very agressive and that's why it's my favorite.

chilled monkey
Personally I think they are ALL good. In any action-filled movie, you need each fight to be different to keep it interesting.

My favourite is Niman. People seem to think of it as the weakest Form, but really it depends on the individual. Someone very good at Niman could defeat a practioner of a different Form if they were not as skilled.

Darht Janus is quite right about comparing Yoda and Qui-Gonn. Two people who have mastered the same style will not fight exactly the same way.

ImmortalOne
Shien / Djem So

In war or in battle, its as simple as "Kill or get killed" especially against Sith or pirates, or even mercenaries

Why not Ataru:
- Because its to OPEN, you run, flip, jump, bounce, then suddenly get stabbed, its cool and all, but its just not a solid enough form....

Why not ShiiCho:
- Do you guys need a reason

Why not Soresu:
- It dangerously prolonges combat, and remember.... you CAN get tired FASTER than your opponent....

Why not Niman:
- Niman is like "middle" form, life and combat is like a broad road..... You can either choose the left lane, or the right lane.... You stay in the middle... You get CRUSHED

Why not Juyo/Vaapad:
- Vaapad is described as needing superior focus and intensity, on such extreme mind concentration, you may forget your main purpose, you just go deeper and deeper in you battle frenzy........ So if your on a mission to set off a bomb, you'll probably be still slicing droid corpses, while the timer and the bomb shows 00:00:01.... Kabbooomm!!! laughing out loud

Why not Makashi:
This was my second vote, I just don't like it cuz you can't use it when surrounded by a billion of StormTroopers with fully loaded Zersium Rifles...

So there it is......... Shien/Djem So...... (I like the Djem So better though)

Long live Form V

Master Mawi
Personally I like Form VII. It treads closely to the dark side. And you mainly use your anger in your attacks.

Darth Zion
Soresu, even though the defensive style didn't work against Makashi in EP.2 and EP.3

Darth_Glentract
by ep2, Obi-wan hadn't mastered Soresu yet. He was starting to mix it in with Ataru though. He would have done much better in ep2 if he had mastered it. Also, in ep3, in the book it says that Obi-wan was purposly appearing weak to get Dooku overconfident so Anakin could kill him.

chilled monkey
ImmortalOne: Very good point, but I still say it depends on the individual(s).

Kiu Dun
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Shien / Djem So

In war or in battle, its as simple as "Kill or get killed" especially against Sith or pirates, or even mercenaries

Why not Ataru:
- Because its to OPEN, you run, flip, jump, bounce, then suddenly get stabbed, its cool and all, but its just not a solid enough form....

Why not ShiiCho:
- Do you guys need a reason

Why not Soresu:
- It dangerously prolonges combat, and remember.... you CAN get tired FASTER than your opponent....

Why not Niman:
- Niman is like "middle" form, life and combat is like a broad road..... You can either choose the left lane, or the right lane.... You stay in the middle... You get CRUSHED

Why not Juyo/Vaapad:
- Vaapad is described as needing superior focus and intensity, on such extreme mind concentration, you may forget your main purpose, you just go deeper and deeper in you battle frenzy........ So if your on a mission to set off a bomb, you'll probably be still slicing droid corpses, while the timer and the bomb shows 00:00:01.... Kabbooomm!!! laughing out loud

Why not Makashi:
This was my second vote, I just don't like it cuz you can't use it when surrounded by a billion of StormTroopers with fully loaded Zersium Rifles...

So there it is......... Shien/Djem So...... (I like the Djem So better though)

Long live Form V

You only explained Vaapad and not Juyo. Why is that?

ImmortalOne
Why ? Cuz Vaapad somehow OVERWRITES Juyo....
You see Juyo is an incomplete form......
Windu completes it with his own variations and at the same time renaming it "Vaapad"

Many people see Form 3 and 5 as BORING.... cuz it just keeps attacking with fast and powerful sweeps and slashes to the enemy..... Boring doesn't mean weak...... IN the other show-off(ataru) could be dangerous !!!

dark1365
I would have to say Soresu.

ImmortalOne
uhhhh... Why ?

gandrake
I'd pick vaapad and makashi. Maby a mix of both?

Darth Cancer
Obi won is the real hero of all time. He beats Anakin/Vader in his prime, beats Maul alone, beats Greivous... The only one he cant seem to handle is Dooku. But I suspect that is only due to writing needs of storyline.

Darth Zhin
Dumb Question: Which form is Palpy?, Does he have a form?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth Zhin
Dumb Question: Which form is Palpy?, Does he have a form?

Sidious used a Sith variant of Ataro which included long sweeps and stabs

Most likely Shien/Djem So coupled with Niman (Version X not VI). That way you'd have all the benefits of Shien/Djem So with two lightsabers thumb up

~wickerman~

Darth Zhin
Originally posted by Wickerman
Sidious used a Sith variant of Ataro which included long sweeps and stabs

Thanks! big grin

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth Zhin
Thanks! big grin

no problem

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.