Superman and Wonderwoman vs Captain Marvel(Shazam) and Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gautam
discuss

Draco69
Tough. If WW faces Captain Marvel, she'd win. Although Superman would have his hands full with MM. Don't know.

DigiMark007
Couldn't MM take them both down with telepathy?

Shazam's magic would hinder Superman as well. I'd give this to team MM/Marvel.

-DM

Sentry
If Shazam can't win by normal means, he'll teleport them to a rock. Or use the Rock Of Eternity and slap both Superman and Wonder Woman.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Draco69
Tough. If WW faces Captain Marvel, she'd win. Although Superman would have his hands full with MM. Don't know.

WW cant beat Captain Marvel. CM is on Superman's level. It hasnt been determined if he can surpass him yet, but power wise CM and Superman are the same.

Draco69
No. She's stronger than him. She's kicked his ass before. Shazam has the strength of Hercules. Wonder Woman has "the strength of Gaea greater than that of Hercules" Shazam has the speed of Mercury. Wonder Woman has "speed greater than that of Mercury". She surpasses him in strength, speed, and durability.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
WW cant beat Captain Marvel. CM is on Superman's level. It hasnt been determined if he can surpass him yet, but power wise CM and Superman are the same. I agree with you on that. I think CM surpasses WW. He is indeed on Supermans level and we get to see that level this coming week in Superman #216 cause CM has to fight Superman while being possesed by Eclipso.

Draco69
No he isn't for the reasons above.

snoopdogg
When did CM and WW fight?

Draco69
Back when Bryne was writing her. She kicked his ass. Something to do with the Bronze Doors of Hades.

snoopdogg
I dont think that was their only encounter though.

Draco69
They've had other encounters. But Wonder Woman has either held her own or kicked his ass. Mainly because he's not nearly as strong and because he's a rather poor fighter.

jrodslam
Well actually, CM has the strength or Hercules AND Atlas combined. If you say WW is stronger than CM, then I guess she's stronger than Superman too ehh?

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/050421233000/Hercules-Atlas.jpg

Draco69
The link doesn't go anywhere.

More accurately Captain Marvel has the STAMINA of Atlas and the STRENGTH of Hercules. Two different things.

snoopdogg
I am trying to remember the name of this website I stumbled across but they had power rating for DC characters and they went form 0-100 and the strength of CM was at 95 and WW was at a 70. Speed I dont remember but CM was rated higher. I dont know how accurate the site was but it was kinda cool. If I can find it ill post it for you guys to read.

Draco69
It's not accurate. No way in hell WW is Class 70. She lifted an entire damn island for god's sake. Ever wonder why people call her "second to Superman". Because she is. Although the new Supergirl may trump her position..

snoopdogg
I dont think that they had her at class 70. DC does not class their characters like that. 100 was the highest rating you could get guys like Superman and Darkseid had that rating. CM was above her in almost everything. Speed and intelligent and all of the other classifications went to 100 not just strength.

jrodslam
Yea she's considered second to Supermanin the JLA. Not in DC. CM is considered Supermans equal.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/050429040752/Billysuperman.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/050429040752/billypowersII.jpg

Draco69
It's completely wrong. Sorry. But he's not as powerful as Wonder Woman. She's stronger, faster and arguably more durable. Teleportation technique, aside. She would kick his ass since she's a FAR better fighter.

And no way in hell is Captain Marvel has intelligent as Wonder Woman. The guy is incredibly thick.

Draco69
Yea she's considered second to Supermanin the JLA. Not in DC. CM is considered Supermans equal.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/050421233000/Hercules-Atlas.jpg

Once again the link doesn't go anywhere. It just shows a ad.

He's not as strong or as fast as Wonder Woman. CM has the strength of Hercules. Wonder Woman has strength greater than Hercules. CM has the speed of Mercury. Wonder Woman has speed greater than Mercury. Even Zeus himself said that Wonder Woman was more powerful than CM.

jrodslam
I messed up on the images above. They are fixed now i believe.

Draco, do you have anything to back up your theory besides WW beating CM in a fight?

snoopdogg
Captain Marvel

Strength: 95
Speed: 90
Stamina: 100
Intelligence: 100
Fighting Skill: 80
Experience: 70
Durability: 95
Special Powers/Abilities: 50
Overall: 85%

Draco69
Well, besides the fact that the gods gave powers greater than CM, yes. He's a terrible fighter. He can't fight at all. Wonder Woman has thousands of years of experience in nearly every combat style known to man. She's Batman's official sparring partner. Captain Marvel doesn't have that luxury. He's a teenager who likes Elvis. Wonder Woman is far more skilled, trained and has one of the most sound tactical minds in DCU. She's literally an amalgram of Superman, Batman, and Captain America.

snoopdogg
Wonder Woman

Strength: 70
Speed: 70
Stamina: 85
Intelligence: 90
Fighting Skill: 105
Experience: 100
Durability: 30
Special Powers/Abilities: 20
Overall: 71.25%

snoopdogg
Your right Draco she does have more experience and fighting skills.

Draco69
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Captain Marvel

Strength: 95
Speed: 90
Stamina: 100
Intelligence: 100
Fighting Skill: 80
Experience: 70
Durability: 95
Special Powers/Abilities: 50
Overall: 85%

Once again this site is inaccurate.

Want more proof? Read Countdown to Infinite Crisis. Wonder Woman was onpar with Superman in every aspect.

Superman = A-1 Strength
WW= Ditto

Superman= A-2 Speed
WW= Ditto

Superman=A-1 Invulnerability
WW=Ditto

Draco69
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Wonder Woman

Strength: 70
Speed: 70
Stamina: 85
Intelligence: 90
Fighting Skill: 105
Experience: 100
Durability: 30
Special Powers/Abilities: 20
Overall: 71.25%

Once again this site is inaccurate.

Want more proof? Read Countdown to Infinite Crisis. Wonder Woman was onpar with Superman in every aspect.

Superman = A-1 Strength
WW= Ditto

Superman= A-2 Speed
WW= Ditto

Superman=A-1 Invulnerability
WW=Ditto

snoopdogg
I read that, but you could not see CMs stats. So it dont prove anything.

Draco69
However, the "Hercules<Gaea" arguement does. Zeus himself said WW was more powerful.

jrodslam
WW having more experience and fighting skills, i can admit. The main arguement here is her being faster, stronger and smarter than CM, which Draco hasnt proven yet.

My images still dont work?

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=050429040752&q=superman

Draco69
They work now.

What do you mean?

Hercules<Gaea
Mercury<Greater than Mercury
Solomon<Greater than Athena

Ooookay.

Draco69
And those images prove nothing. Mostly because Wonder Woman wasn't around for the Justice League at that time. She was still on Paradise Island.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Draco69
However, the "Hercules<Gaea" arguement does. Zeus himself said WW was more powerful. Now if you can prove WW has the strength of Gaea then we maybe getting somewhere.

jrodslam
Well here he states that he has the combined power or Hercules and Atlas, in an arm wrestling match against Supes.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=050421233000&q=shazam

Draco69
Well here he states that he has the combined power or Hercules and Atlas, in an arm wrestling match against Supes.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=050421233000&q=shazam

Dude. This "evidence" is two people arguing with each other. Like us.

jrodslam
No sir its proof. From Superman himself. Saying that they are too evenly matched.

Proof in CM having the combined strength of BOTH Hercules AND Atlas.

The arm wrestling, was a match of their strength. And they were dead even.

So far youve posted no "evidence" to back up your theory saying that WW is stronger and faster than CM.

Draco69
No sir its proof. From Superman himself. Saying that they are too evenly matched.

Proof in CM having the combined strength of BOTH Hercules AND Atlas.

The arm wrestling, was a match of their strength. And they were dead even.

So far youve posted no "evidence" to back up your theory saying that WW is stronger and faster than CM.

That's not proof. First off, Wonder Woman wasn't around at that time. She was still on Paradise Island. Second, Superman saying that he is equal to Captain Marvel is not evidence. That's just opinion. Superman has said numerous times that Wonder Woman is just as strong as he is.

For the last time:

Hercules<Gaea
Mercury<Greater than Mercury
Solomon<Greater than Athena

If you know ANYTHING about Wonder Woman, then you would know that the gods purposely made Wonder Woman stronger than Hercules. Because they didn't want a repeat of Hercules taking over Paradise Island. Thus they granted Diana with:

"The strength of Gaea greater than that of Hercules" by Demeter
"Wisdom greater than that of myself" by Athena
"Affinity with animals, the eyes of a hawk" by Artemis
"A loving heart and beauty greater than that of myself" by Aphrodite
"Speed greater than my own" by Hermes (Mercury)

Wonder Woman is stronger, faster and smarter. Captain Marvel was granted the powers of the gods. WW was granted the powers GREATER than that of the gods. Do the math. The above is from "The Complete History of Wonder Woman".

Draco69

Draco69
By the way, I just found out that Wonder Woman is immune to telepathic attacks. For some goddamn reason nearly every writer has forgotten this aspect:

Hestia, goddess of the hearth, granted Diana sisterhood with fire. This power makes Diana the physical embodiment of truth. It is almost impossible to lie to her. With this truth power, Diana can see through mirages, illusions and other forms of deception (such as shape shifting), and is immune to telepathic attacks (WONDER WOMAN #25, 26, 55, 183, 204).

snoopdogg
You may be right Draco but in all of the Bios I read not one of them directly said that WW is stronger than CM.

Draco69
Because, Wonder Woman is THE most underrated character in DC comics. Possibly in all comicdom. NOBODY gets her right. The problem is that most people judge her actions in comics like the JLA or Superman. But NOBODY actually reads her own goddamn series. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.