Is this what you would expect from these two?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Nefarus
Alil fan fiction never hurt anyone. But if this does, sorry.

Obi-Wan picked up Anakin's lightsaber, admiring the quality and the similarities to his own. Anakin was like his brother, and now he was gone, forever.

Obi-Wan did his best to wipe the tears from his face, but for every tear he removed two more poured from his eyes. He and Anakin had been like brothers, like father and son, until Palpatine entered the picture.

For the first time since watching Qui-Gonn die, Obi-Wan felt hatred. He thought about how Sidious, rather, Emperor Palpatine had been deceving everyone all these years. How the Jedi order were wiped out on account of his lies. How his apprentice killed Obi-Wan's master, how his next apprentice had started the clone wars, and how Palpatine caused Obi-Wan's own apprentice to betray him and the Jedi.

"I hope Master Yoda defeated Sidious," Obi-Wan thought, as he could finally stop the river of tears from flowing from his eyes. "It is not like a Jedi to act this way, but what is there left now?"

Obi-Wan suddenly felt his emotions take hold of him once more as a dark and distubring ray of pure evil cast it's eye over him. He looked upward to see a ship landing, and with every passing second the evil, the malic intensified, until he saw the embodiement of the darkside.

Sidious.

Though he was hooded and walking slowly, Obi-Wan could sense it was him. Not just through the force, but the foul stench that came with his decaying body. Obi-Wan did his best to let go of his feelings, but after everything Sidious had caused, it was proving to be too difficult.

"Master Kenobi?" Sidious asked, almost surpsrised. "Are you STILL alive?" his voice croaked out with more venom.

"It will take more than a droid general and one of YOUR apprentices to destroy me, your highness," Obi-Wan said, mocking Sidious' grasp of power over the galaxy.

"General Grievous was expendable. But Darth Vader..." Sidious paused as his eyes began to glow a brighter yellow through the shadow of his hood. "He was PERFECT! He was MINE! And YOU stole him from me, just like Darth Maul."

"Darth Maul should have been more aware of his surroundings," Obi-Wan replied. "If only he had a better teacher."

Sidious cackled with delight at Obi-Wan's attempt to insult him.

"A better teacher? Like Qui-Gonn Jinn? Was he not your master that Darth Maul killed? Or maybe you refer to Master Yoda? another fallen Jedi."

Obi-Wan's heart began to skip every other beat. Fallen? Master Yoda? Defeated? No, it couldn't be.

"You lie, just like all the other Sith scum."

"You know Master Yoda came to face me, but here I stand, not him."

Obi-Wan's heart sank. This was becoming too much now. He had to destroy Anakin just moments ago. Padme was likely dead, along with all of the Jedi that this "Emperor" betrayed. And if what Sidious said was true, and Yoda was defeated, then Obi-Wan vowed to all of the spirits of the fallen Jedi that the order would not go down without a fight.

"As much of a thorn in my side as you have been all these years Kenobi, you have proven your worth countless times over. Defeating Darth Maul when you were merely a padawan, and now, defeating Darth Vader, whom I believed was invincible. There are two ways the Jedi order will end today Kenobi, either with you at my side, or my saber inside you. Make your choice."

Obi-Wan needed no time to choose. It was simple. The last of the Jedi and the last of the Sith. Activating both his and Anakin's sabers, he readied himself for his final stand. He kept Anakin's saber low, and used his own to beckon Sidious forward.

"So, you choose death," Sidious said, as the hum of his red lightsaber ignited.

"I choose the force," Obi-Wan retorted.

Obi-Wan had seen many battles, in the clone wars alone, during his years. He had fought many enemies, some with blasters, and some with lightsabers. But nothing he had ever done before had prepared him for this.

Within less than a second Obi-Wan found himself using both sabers to furiously, and barely keep at pace with Sidious. He had never seen such control, such technique, even when he fought Grievous. Grievous may have had four arms, but they were nothing compared to the whirling blur that was Sidious right arm.

Sidious began to think he was premature to invite Kenobi to join him. He was a skilled warrior yes, but he was only able to barely keep himself alive. He lacked the spirit of his past apprentices, the eagerness, the will to win. That was what made a Sith great, and that was fueling Sidious to destroy Kenobi once and for all.

Obi-Wan was forced to use both sabers to parry and block each swing from Sidious' blade. Not only was Sidious clearly faster than he, but with one arm alone he had more power than both of Obi-Wan's. Finally Obi-Wan caught a break in Sidious relentless offense, as he scissored Sidious blade to the ground, locking it there.

Obi-Wan was too busy trying to stay alive to even realize that Sidious other hand was free. But he had no choice but to realize it as a wave of lightning, filled with the power of the darkside, wrenched through his already tired body. As if he were a children's you, Obi-Wan was propelled back nearly ten meters.

Obi-Wan was severely weakened from the blast, but unlike what Sidious had thought, there was much will left in the Jedi. He wouldn't let it end this way, he couldn't, not after everything he had seen and been through. Mustering all of the strength of the force he could, Obi-Wan slowly started to climb to his feet, both sabers still ready.

Sidious was laughing maniacally, as he deactivated his saber, slowly coming forward. Obi-Wan cared little for what Sidious' intentions were and once the Sith was close enough he stabbed forward from the left.

Sidious bobbed, weaved, darted, ducked, and occasionally lept out of the way of every swing Obi-Wan made. Obi-Wan realized that not only was he completely outmatched, but that Sidious was enjoying the fight. He could have ended it already, but he was prolonging Obi-Wan's suffering.

"You don't know how much damage you have caused Kenobi," Sidious said as he ducked and contorted his body to dodge the oncoming swings. "Darth Vader was one of the keys to my empire, and now he's gone, all because you were jealous of his power."

"I was never jealous of Anakin," Obi-Wan said, failing several more swings from each blade. " Anakin and I cared for one another, something you could never do."

"Then why did he join ME? Why did he turn his back on YOU?" Sidious said, stepping back a few feet and resting his hands at his sides. "Because you are a FAILURE of a Jedi!"

Obi-Wan could feel the darkside calling to him now, and in hte midst of his anger he took both sabers and sliced at Sidious' head, like a pair of scissors cutting a finger.

Sidious didn't move, he didn't flinch, he merely stood there, calling upon more of his dark sorcery. Obi-Wan's blades were inches away from Sidious' deformed face now, but Obi-Wan could feel the darkness spreading througout his insides now. Slowly, it began to control his thoughts, making him feel the fear and anger over Anakin, and the more these thoughts continued, the closer his own blades were coming at his head.

"Young fool!" Sidious screamed with a venomous smile. "Your pathetic skills cannot save you from the darkside!"

Obi-Wan struggled with all of his physical and spiritual strength to keep the blades back, but it was doing no good. They were coming closer, and closer, and closer. It seemed the more he focused on stopping them, the more Sidious' powers intensified. Sidious was right, the force could not save him now.

With their concentration levels locked so tightly in their duel, neither Jedi nor Sith managed to notice the approaching starship. It was low to the ground, too low, and slightly off balance, and heading straight for them.

One of the wings of the ship nearly took Sidious' head off, causing the Sith Lord to break his concentration long enough to look at the ship, giving Obi-Wan the only oppurtunity he had.

Calling upon the last ounce of the force in his body, Obi-Wan leaped forward, propelling himself off of Sidious' shoulders and launching in the air toward the ship. This knocked Sidious back, but not long enough to not make an attempt to stop Kenobi.

Obi-Wan landed in the open doorway of the ship and turned around as both of his sabers, and majority of his body intercepted another blast of that deadly lightning Sidious loved so much. He flung back violently into the wall of the ship, dissapearing from Sidious' sight as the ship began to fly into the distance.

Sidious would have been able to stop the ship, but a clone trooper came from behind him.

"Your highness, we've found him!"

Sidious turned to the clone trooper, then back to the ship, now leaving the atmosphere of the planet. Sidious couldn't believe it, Obi-Wan had escaped his grasp once again! There was too much rage inside of him now, as he spun around and flung all of his furious lightning into the unsuspecting clone, who had no choice but to join the afterlife.

Sidious marched forward back to his ship where he could see Anakin's mangled form inside a glass tube. As badly as the boy was injured, Sidious could still feel his presence, somewhere in the madness that is the darkside.

Boarding the ship and following the capsule, Sidious' anger turned into hope. If Vader could live still, then he would still have an apprentice. But what he hoped more for, was vengeance on Kenobi, and he knew that it was only a matter of time before Darth Vader finally put an end to that miserable Kenobi.

Fishy
Obi was an idiot in that fight

SnakeEyes
What ship did Obi-wan jump onto?

ArthasKnight
Very, very cool. That was awesome.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, I enjoyed reading the battle. All I can say is: More battles!!!

Fishy
I enjoyed reading it, but if something like that would happen then Obi and Sidious would both be idiots

Darth Mantis
That was an excellent story Nefarus... Excellent story.

Darth_Janus
Nefarus has talent. Who knew? lol

I haven't seen you write one of these in awhile. You should start your own thread. Seriously.

Darth Mantis
Janus is right you should...

jedimaster2000
That was one awesome story. I'd love to see Obi-Wan fight Sidious with duel sabers. Rock on rock

Darth_Nefarus
Fishy, I'm curious of how you mean they are idiots? Idiots in the way they speak, fight what? I love criticism

Darth_Nefarus
Oh, snake eyes, obi-Wan jumped onto the ship padme took to mustafar

SnakeEyes
Gotchya.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Fishy, I'm curious of how you mean they are idiots? Idiots in the way they speak, fight what? I love criticism

Sidious for instance, we know he loves to play with his opponents but you don't play with an opponent that has been a thorn in your back for a very long time, you finish him off and you find Anakin.

Obi i believe him to be smarter then to know Yoda would go dark, or die by Sidious his hands that easily.. Also imo Obi goes dark to easily. I would hope for him he has a better control over his emotions then that, if not then why did Sidious not recruit him?

I like the story, i just think both of them made some mistakes i don't see them making if they were real. Also the fight Obi grabs two lightsabers?

Its a lot harder to defend yourself with two swords, the power in them is less the speed heavily increases though. And you can hit somebody earlier, but Obi wasn't skilled with two lightsabers you need to have some skill to do something like that. He should have sticked with one.. IMO at least, although two do look prettier in a fight for your life

Darth_Nefarus
He did make the offer to Obi-Wan. There are two ways the Jedi order will end today Kenobi, either with you at my side, or my saber inside you. Make your choice."

And I see what you're saying about Obi-Wan going too dark, but think about it. He did just "kill" his best friend who was like a brother and a son to him. And Padme is one of his best friends, the entire order has been destroyed and the person who is to blame for this is right in front of him.

We don't really know if Obi-Wan was skilled with two sabers, I just chose that because he had the two of them, and he would be pretty pissed. But I see what you're saying and I really appreciate your comments, if you think of more, please let me know. I'll be doing another one later today, so far it looks like Maul vs. Dooku is going to win.

Fishy
Okay you have a point with the dark thing... I take that statement back, i do still think the two sabers is nothing for Obi. But it does put more emotion in it. So even though i don't think thats something Obi would do or should do i still like thats it in it, but on the other hand hate it.

Well not that extreme but i hope you get what i'm trying to say

Darth_Nefarus
Oh totally, there's always the gray areas.

exanda kane
Nice. Sad they probably wont even meet in the film for a fight but it could be a nice idea for one of the new novels (if obi-wan does try to find the remaining jedi). Wont dont you ask SuperShadow LOL

Darth_Nefarus
Of course, I forgot all about him. But he's too busy with Revenge of the Sith right now

Vanquish
I always love your stories. Why don't you just go ahead and write episode 7-9 already dammit smile

anyway, I also agree with the dual lightsabers problem. Probably not a great choice, considering the simple fact that if dual sabers was in fact better, then every jedi would simply carry 2 with them all the time. It's not like they are heavy smile Same mistake is present in AOTC when anakin goes dual saber against Dooku. Why would he do that? He has been training with single blade his whole life, why use 2? Makes no sense. Again, if Anakin is stronger with 2, he would carry 2 at all times.

The rest is amazing though.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, two is too aggressive for a Jedi to use. and Anakin was already mad at Dooku for being a punkass.

That's why I had Obi-Wan using two, he's angry and one saber isn't enough. He wants to really put the hurt on Sidious, but of course gets punked.

Fishy
Two makes far faster weaker strikes. With one Saber Anakin wouldn't have stood a chance against Dooku. Obi knew this, two could have helped him. Normally however it is not a way to enter a fight, it doesn't give you any real advantages when you can do it with one

Darth_Nefarus
True the strikes would be weaker, but it's a lightsaber, how hard to you need to stab them in the face with it?

Darth_Janus
I don't think he's talking about damage... he's talking about overpowering an opponent. A Jedi or Sith who uses two blades must divide his attention, his reflexes, and his power among two blades. It's harder than it seems.

Fishy
Not very hard, but to hit somewhere effective is harder with two blades... Unless you are very skilled, to hit somebody however is another case, thats going to be easier. But a light touch on the leg isn't going to anything but hurt the opponent. With one lightsaber you can cut the entire leg off...

Thats the difference, Anakin wasn't skilled enough for one blade against Dooku however. he had a better chance of hitting Dooku with two hoping it would wound him so he could finish the job...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.