The Darth Surname

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
I'm trying to compile a list of every Sith to use a Darth surname (everybody after revan) please add to the list if possible

Darth Revan/Revan
Darth Malak/Malak
Darth Bandon
Darth Rivan
Darth Nihilus
Darth Traya
Darth Sion
Darth Andeddu
Darth Kaan
Darth Bane
Darth Plaugeis
Darth Sidious/Palpatine of Naboo
Darth Maul/Khameir Sarin
Darth Tyranus/Dooku of Serrano
Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker
Darth Lumiya/Shira Brei

Kun-ni Habeo
darth kaan is lord kaan
you forgot
Darth Xio Jade

Darth Inanis
Darth Plaugeis is written Plagueis. And I wouldn't consider Lumiya having a Darth title. She might have been a dark Jedi or dark lady of the sith or something like that, but only true Sith Lords get the title Darth, so I wouldn't put her on the list.

Darth Jello
Xio Jade is a supershadow fabrication, Kaan would have to have the Darth title because all sith after Darth revan had it, and lady is the female form of lord, therefore Lumiya was a contigency plan and a violation of the rule of two by darth vader. that would make her a full sith, and therefore Darth Lumiya.

smoker4
Its a title not a surname smokin'

DCLXVI
Lumiya nor Kaan had the title "Darth".
Kaan and the others of his Order were titled only "Lord". wink
Lumiya only used the title "Lady". wink

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Xio Jade is a supershadow fabrication, Kaan would have to have the Darth title because all sith after Darth revan had it, and lady is the female form of lord, therefore Lumiya was a contigency plan and a violation of the rule of two by darth vader. that would make her a full sith, and therefore Darth Lumiya.

Not true. Kaan was Lord Kaan. He was of the Brotherhood of Darkness, all of whom were considered equals. There were no true Sith lords at this time. The title of Darth died with Revan and was revived by Bane.

Darth Jello
well there was no major sith activity between the time of Revan and Bane

Darth_Janus
Other than Rivan.

Darth Jello
Rivan was a Darth

mephistodesigns
I think the games weren't following EU continuity, since Darth Bane was the first Sith to use Darth since it was his actual name. Notice in the KOTOR comics (before KOTOR the game) the Sith simply used their names. In Darkhorse comics' "Jedi vs Sith" an army of Jedi take on an army of Sith, the only one with the name Darth is Darth Bane. Bane then kills off the other Sith, realising their greatest flaw is their constant in-fighting. He then takes a young girl padawan from the Jedi order who has a brush with the darkside as his apprentice. The Sith following Bane and his "only two are there" rule took the name Darth as a title. I think the guys who made the KOTOR game just wanted the Sith to have the cool Darth name so everyone who didn't follow EU would get that they were Sith. But as far as EU (comics AND books) go, Bane was the first Darth. Bane was based on an idea Lucas toyed around with, apparently in one version of the AOTC script Anakin or someone was to learn of Bane, then in a version of the ROTS script, Palps was to explain Bane to Anakin as part of a Sith history lesson but apparently that was scrapted for Plaguies. I also believe Bane was mentioned in the TPM novelization, but I can't remember.

But yeah, the game makers kinda need to do more EU research before they go bombin' around the SW universe.

Ushgarak
Mind you, even that is questionable, because that implied that the Sith only became two AFTER the Sith wars were done with, whilst George Lucas says that it happened thousands of years ago, and clearly the Jedi knew of the "only two" thing.

Fact is, there is no clear continuity for the history of the Sith or the use of the honorific 'Darth'. So everyone can make their own interpetation. When it comes to who is right out of the old comics or KOTOR- neither has any endemic right to be more correct than the other.

However, I think it is clear that GL conceptually decided that all Sith Lords were Darths.

Darth Jello
but this is an EU forum, therefore implying that most EU is cannon, including the battle of Ruusan and KOTOR.

Ushgarak
But the EU sources contradict, is the point. As there are no established rules for EU canon- save things like Infinities are removed- there can be no discernable preference that can be absolutely stated.

So when mephisto says that KOTOR was not following EU continuity, that's not actually an issue- it becomes part of that continuity regardless, and things that contradict it are now just as likely to be wrong as KOTOR itself is for contradicting them. Coming first makes no difference.

Like I say, there are no rules for it, so any interpretation goes.

DCLXVI
But the battle of Ruusan and the Sith War in which Bane survived took place 2,000 years before ANH, so that would fit, wouldn't it? confused

Ushgarak
Don't think so. Meant to be the last one, wasn't it? That is 1000 years before. If not, then that's totally cocked up.

DCLXVI
Sorry, I meant 1,000 years.

Darth Jello
i have a separate thread about his, which i think works thigs out without screwing up the movies or EU

Fishy
How about a link to that thread

Ushgarak
I don't think that is possible without speculating- which is fine, but once again, that means there is no right or wrong answer, just what you think.

Darth Jello
it's the one called "how the jedi know abou bane" or whatever

SaturnSaga
I've read about a Darth Deous (Deus?) somewhere. He was around the time of Andeddu and had an apprentice name Velosix the Red or something.

Anybody else heard about this guy?

And Lumiya is considered a Self-proclaimed Sith by Insider magazine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.