Wolverine vs. Rocky

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metalmanx
I got this idea from a post made by our very own WOLVERINEFAN.

Let's say Wolverine cannot use his claws, and Rocky is bare-fisted.

Everything else still goes. And let's this is Rocky from Rocky IV, where he beat Ivan Drago, the Russian, almost super-human fighter.

Also the songs "Eye of the Tiger" and "Gonna Fly Now" are playing loudly in the background.

Boxing match. Wolverine vs. Rocky.

Round 1.

Ding ding!

Gryn Jabar
WTF, someone is ripping off my ideas (rocky versus_)! Anyway, Rocky destroys the guy, much like how paola will destroy this thread. The question is, does Rocky have a montage?

Metalmanx
Of course. Would he be Rocky if he didn't?

Quick Freeze
rocky w/ montage, rocky wins for sure
but i'm kinda skepticle without, thats his source of power

Cosmo Kramer
Rocky wins! They are actually pretty even considering they were both bums and club fighters. Neither of them were olympic style athletes.

WOLVERINEFAN
thanks for taking my idea metalmanx....j/k. but ya, their willpower is even and wolverine packs a punch. even with out adamantium or claws

Quick Freeze
not with a montage, even if it had the x-men theme playing, as long as there's a montage rocky wins dude

Metalmanx
I'm going to have to agree with Quick Freeze here and give the match to Rocky.

The montage is the secret to his power. With it, he is unstoppable.

Piedmon
What about Wolverine's source of power? A shot of J.D and a smoke of Canadian Red should keep him going long and strong through the whole bout!

DarkCrawler
South Park montage song:

The day is approaching to give it your best
You've got to reach your prime!
That's when you need to put yourself to the test
And show us the passage of time
We're gonna need a montage (Montage)
A sports-training montage (Montage)
And just show a lot of things happenin' at once.
Remind everyone of what's goin' on. (What's goin' on?)
And with every shot, show a little improvement
To show it won't take too long
That's called a montage (Montage)
Even Rocky had a montage (Montage)

In any sport, if you want to go
From just a beginner to a pro
You'll need a montage (Montage)
a simple little montage (Montage)

Always fade out (Montage) into a montage (Montage)
If you fade out it seems like a long time (Montage) has passed in a montage (Montage)
Montage (Montage)

Xplosive
Wolverine kills Rocky, which was pretty much impossible before to do that to Rocky, but Wolvie is too tough.

Irish Wolverine
Wolverine destroys Rocky, he has experience in multiple forms of fighting, not to mention a healing factor.

(kills self for taking this seriously)

long pig
well, it's been proven that mr t beats wolverine, therefore rocky should murder him.

jplatinum
If wolverine isn't using claws, Rocky pounds on him until he gives up or qets knockd put.
If wolverine has claws out, then Rocky dies a very painful, very messy death.

No claws, Rocky wins 7/10.

Wolverine: "I'm gonna knock ur' block off,bub!"

Rocky: "Go for it, pal! You ain't so bad, you ain't nothin'!"

Mainstream
Rocky: ya know...ya know ya hit pretty hard for a...(he's on the mat)

Ref: 1...2...3...

Mickey: get up...get up ya son of a b*tch

Adrian: stay down...stay down.

Ref: 4......5.....6 (Rocky gets up.)

Rocky: Aye yo...let's try that again ya know.

Wolverine: It's your funneral bub. *rocky music plays*

colossus17
this is ****en stupid.......didnt you guys see what wolverine did to te guy in the cage at the start of x-men...?he can take multiple hits.and get right up becasue of his healing.......and he dosent need the claws he has adamentium laced knuckles...he will break rocky's hand in 2 punches....i dont carea bout rocky's willpower it aint gonna help him here.....

Gryn Jabar
Uhh, yes it will. Wolverine will be like WTF, and Rocky will KO him in one hit.

lil player007
rocky wins

black robb
WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!!! WHO KEEPS POSTING THESE STUPID MATCHUPS?!?!?

wolverex84
i hope you guys know what you are saying about rocky wining, did u see the first xmen, in the cage, when the dude tried to punch logan and their fist met each other, that is what is gonna happen to rocky even if he hits wolverine, he is definitely hiting adamantium, one punch and rocky's bones are broken to pieces, and wolverine has wat to much martial art hand to hand combat experience so, rocky is just a master boxer... cannot defeat a person who is a master in both boxing and martial arts( samuria, jutdsu, akido, etc) plus regardless of if he has adamantium or not, the force behind wolverine's punch can literally kill rocky on first contact, rocky cannot survive this fight, he will die, if he lives, is is going to have brain damage.

WOLVERINEFAN
even if logan wasn't a mutant, he still wins. he has been through so much pain emotionally, which will boost his edge and make him mad. plus one of wolverines morals is: "i will never admit defeat". he will fight until he dies.

WOLVERINEFAN
he has just as much willpower as rocky, and that is alllllllott!

illadelph12
Good points on the Wolverine side, but I don't see Logan taking Clubber Lang, let alone Drago, or Apollo in his prime in a boxing match. Rocky has to much heart to lose to a Canadian. Plus in Rocky films every punch is either a haymaker or stiff jab and there's hardly any defense. Rock can take a beating.

The montage just about seals Logan's fate. They'll show footage of Logan's Weapon X training intermixed with Rocky's training in the woods in Russia to show that Rocko's had comparable training (like they did Drago). Maybe even mix in some scenes from Rambo, Demolition Man, and Over the Top and make him seem like a "Composite" Rocky. If Micky's in his corner too, it's curtains for Wolverine.

Hopefully Wolverine clocks Uncle Paulie and makes him shut da f*ck up though.

colossus17
how da **** can he beat wolverine this is ****en stupid.....logan can bench press 850 pounds.......i doubt rocky can bench that....+ logan is much more agile and faster.has alot more combat experience.......and knows alot more martial art techniques....which he can use....also his adamantium laced bones...will absorb the shock.rocky will only hurt his hand......logan's adamentium knockles will break rock's bones.....and the main thing His healing factor!!!!, he can take a mini nuke.....multiple bullets to the face.....and many other shit and survive...a few punches from rocky will heal within 0.5 sec and will have no affect on his performance......while a few punches from logan and rocky will bleed to death.....also logan went through alot in his life.he is as determined as rocky.if not more....everyone loves an underdog........but rocky has no chance.....

Swanky-Tuna
Rocky's got heart.

colossus17
god dam i hate when people use that for colossus VS. thing fights.so what?, so does logan.......he would risk his life for the x-men.and did....alot of times.....he will fight to death...and fights stronger opponents all the time.....sometimes heart wont help you.....whats he gonna do...logan has a healing factor.he can beat him for days.....and he will still loose.....

Swanky-Tuna
No, Rocky's heart is bigger than that. With the power of heart, Rocky could bruise adamantium with his bare fist.

Gryn Jabar
Swany Tuna is right, stop arguing Colossus, you are WRONG. Rocky's heart carries him through everything. What can wolverine do to him? Scratch him? Punch him? Rocky will take it, then beat the crap out of Logan. Hell, Logan's a pussy, whereas Rocky is all heart.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by wolverex84
if he lives, is is going to have brain damage.

God Forbid!
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

colossus17
god all of you are idiots.....**** his heart......be objective here.....bruise adamentium....ok...... shifty .and i will never stop debating .....i am a fanboy!!!!!!!!!

Gryn Jabar
So are we, and Rocky is better. When was the last time Wolverine beat Apollo Creed, or even Clubber Lang for that matter?

Cosmo Kramer
Well Wolverine did put up with the Hulk...but Rocky is the people's champ and will take this fight within three rounds!

WOLVERINEFAN
i agree with colossus17. but wolverine would still beat him even without all those abilities. he wont stop. he is "just a man with a will to survive."
he is in great shape and can last 15 rounds. he will go in at the midsection and will not stop. and he would beat up clubber lang easily. he knows how to fight with all that expierence and he knows when he needs to be careful

colossus17
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
So are we, and Rocky is better. When was the last time Wolverine beat Apollo Creed, or even Clubber Lang for that matter?
when did he beat apollo.....,or lang,, right......how would he have the chance to fight them in the first place...i wanna see rocky fight hulk.or sabertooth..or any of the people logan fights with daily.....

WOLVERINEFAN
collosus17, dont you think logan could beat him if he was human. wolverine has tremendous willpower.....its against his nature to back down and not continue

jinzin
c17 check ur pm.

colossus17
Originally posted by WOLVERINEFAN
collosus17, dont you think logan could beat him if he was human. wolverine has tremendous willpower.....its against his nature to back down and not continue
i agree

WOLVERINEFAN
yahoo! great. wolverine wins then

Cosmo Kramer
Rocky vs. Wolverine= A late 3rd round knockout Rocky's win

Rocky vs. Hulk= A whole diffrent story!!!!!

WOLVERINEFAN
i dont know no why this poll is even close. dont get me wrong, i love ROCKY. he inspires me alot

jplatinum
If Wolverine clocks uncle Paulie?

If he does that, Rocky won't k.o. him, Rocky will f@#kin' kill him.

Rocky: " Now you knocked him down, why don't you try knockin' me down."

Wolverine: " Whoa,Bub, I'm shakin' in ma' boots.">sarcasm

Rocky: "RAgrrrrrrhrrrrhrh!"
"Powwwwwwww!"

laughing laughing laughing

Cosmo Kramer
LOL!!!!!!!!!! laughing laughing laughing Rocky Five is a classic. Happy Dance

Metalmanx
Oh Lord. Go watch the Rocky movies. He does the same thing that Wolverine does and beats opponents who are EXCEEDINGLY more powerful than he is. Apollo? Should've wiped the floor with Rocky. Clubber Lang? Should have smeared Rocky's flesh and blood all over the floor. Ivan Drago? Hell. He should have disintergrated Rocky with one punch. And then get hauled to jail for murder. Then get raped by burly black men. That's just how bad these guys should have won.

But Rocky wasn't going to let that happen. He knows what he's doing. So what if Wolverine actually has more strength than him? Not a big factor here. Drago stupifyingly outclassed Rocky in strength.

And I mentioned before, there is no other martial arts to be used here. Just plain boxing. No street fighting, no karate, no ninjitsu. Just boxing. And to make it more of a boxing match, I'll change the rules a bit. It's a true boxing match all the way--they were gloves and everything. I figured later that it would be completely unfair if they were bare-fisted.

Everything else is the same.

Rocky wins. Montage will be his sealing factor.

If I may borrow a quote from Drago himself, "He is like hitting a piece of iron."

WOLVERINEFAN
wolverine in round 9 (if wolverine was human)

Cosmo Kramer
Yeah but Wolverine is like hitting adamantium...but Rocky will have Adrian to back him up if all goes wrong.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by jplatinum
If Wolverine clocks uncle Paulie?

If he does that, Rocky won't k.o. him, Rocky will f@#kin' kill him.

Rocky: " Now you knocked him down, why don't you try knockin' me down."

Wolverine: " Whoa,Bub, I'm shakin' in ma' boots.">sarcasm

Rocky: "RAgrrrrrrhrrrrhrh!"
"Powwwwwwww!"

laughing laughing laughing

Very good example of what may happen, JP. That makes a lot of sense. The very MOMENT that Wolverine disses anyone in Rocky's life...it's game over for Wolverine.

Wolverine goes down in the 15th round.

Good quote, by the way. If I may follow it up with my own:

"I didn't hear no bell."

black robb
ok Rocky was able to beat regular guys who can fight a little better than him

Wolverine beats on giant monsters,tanks,robots,aliens,alien giant robotic tank monsters

Cosmo Kramer
Yeah but he could never take those things on with boxing goves.

colossus17
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is a comic character...its like comparing JP to batman shit......we know JP might in fact be a better fighter (yeah right),but batman faces all kind of shit like aliens, and different metahumans....thats y he will win....rocky may have more skill....but wolverine faces aliens......tanks....mutants who are more powerful then him everyday......rocky wont be able to do shit...this will turn into another batman VS. you thread

black robb
Originally posted by colossus17
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is a comic character...its like comparing JP to batman shit......we know JP might in fact be a better fighter (yeah right),but batman faces all kind of shit like aliens, and different metahumans....thats y he will win....rocky may have more skill....but wolverine faces aliens......tanks....mutnats who are more powerful then him everyday......rocky wont be able to do shit...this will turn into another batman VS. you thread well said colossus17

Cosmo Kramer
Oh but I beg to differ.

Gryn Jabar
Aye, as do I. Wolverine is not superior in fighting ability to Rocky. Rocky will school him in the Fistic Arts. What can Wolverine do to hurt him and keep him hurt?

Metalmanx
With gloves on? Nothing at all.

jplatinum
True point.
Wolverine's punches should equal about what Drago's did with boxing gloves on.
Maybe alittle more or less.
(Drago's punch was 3,400 psi)
Wolverine's might be around 2,000 or more.
He does know how to apply the science of martial-arts power generating and followthrough to his punches. He should.

Metalmanx
That's true. But so did Drago. I'm not knocking you, I'm just saying. Drago was also very experienced with fighting, he knows what he's doing when he punches. And Rocky seemed to handle him in the end. Great fight though. And good input, JP.

Like I said before, I think Rocky takes him in the 15th round.

Cosmo Kramer
Wolverine is about as strong as Rocky and has pretty much the same issues as Clubber Lang. I stand by my statement that Rocky will take him in the 3rd round, as a matter of fact if he doesnt he will lose.

Nightstick
Lets not forgot that while Wolverine may go toe-to-toe with the likes of the Hulk. Rocky has defeated He-Man(Dolf Lundgren) and Mr. T. He has also fought Hulk Hogan to a draw. Oh and lets not forgot what Muhammad Ali had to say about Rocky. "Rocky is great". So Rocky is being labeled as great by a man who is naturious for trash talking, but is also considered by many to be the greatest heavyweight champion ever. Not only that, but this is also the man who beat Superman. What's the point Rocky has beat people just as tough as Wolverine (and those he fights) and is considered great by a man who K.O Superman. So it stand to reason that he could handle Wolverine.

On a more serious note. If they are gloved then Rocky definatly stands a chance. Like others have pointed out. Drago's punches were inhuman. Not only was he a 6'6'' monster, but he was pumped up on steriods. In fact I think we saw Drago lift something like 800lbs over his head. He also killed Creed in a single blow. His punches noticable picked Rocky up and tossed him across the ring. As a note on Rocky's strength he managed to lift and throw a Thunderlip who was probably close to 300lbs and he also easily lifted both Drago and Gunn and ran with them. In the afore mentioned bouts he also demostrated an enurmeous amount of both durabilty (what was Drago said "he is like iron"wink and endurance. All things considered it is probably safe to say that Rocky is peak human condition by comic standereds. With that comes the realaztion that Wolverine has been beat by physicaly fit well trained humans before. So their is no reason to assume that Rocky will lose right off.

On a slightly less importent note given that this is a boxing match. Rocky is an accomplished street brawler and ex-mob enforcer. So even if it wasn't a straight boxing match he'd have a chance.

srankmissingnin
Each of Wolverine's punchs will be hitting harder then anything Rocky has ever felt in the first place, then on top of that he has adamantium covering all his bones! What do you think would have happened if Drago was hitting twice as hard and was whereing brace knuckles? Wolverine beat Roughouse with his bare hands in a bar fight! Wolverine wins with a first round knockout.

The only saveing grace in this tread is the fact that DarkCrawler posted the montage song.

jplatinum
Actually, thunderlips weighed 390 lbs. Thats more like 400 pounds than 300 pounds.
So Rocky pretty much lifted 400 pounds up and threw him out the ring.
Damn, Rocky is strong as a bull.

I usually lifted 300 pounds(regularly) on the overhead press.
Never maxed out though, but 400 pounds is heay as hell to pick up over your head.

Still doesn't compare to what Drago pressed though.

jplatinum
Oh, srank,
Sorry to disaggree, but Logan isn't much stronger than Drago(at the end of rocky 4).

They are about equal in strength.
Maybe in punching power too.
Metal manx was right, if they are wearing 12 oz. boxing gloves then wolverine's adamantium bones don't mean squat.
The impact is about the same because of the cushionin in the gloves.
If they were fighting bareknuckle, Logan would crush his skull in one punch though.
1200 psi(bare knuckle) to break the average human skull.
Rocky's bones are conditioned for fighting and taking punishment.
So his skull might break at around 1600-1800 psi.(general science of calcification and densing of bones tissue)
Still Logan's punch would crush his skull.
However, they have on gloves so that doesn't apply.

srankmissingnin
800lbs is only what Wolverine is listed at by Marvel but his strength feats put him above 100lbs and in a berserker rage he is in the 1 ton range. All we have for Drago is someone "thinks" he might have lifted 800lbs.

Boxing gloves are wieghed in before and after the matches are they not? Is that not to make sure the boxers don't cheat and line their gloves with something? People used to put tinny barring in their gloves to give them an edge and if that makes a difference then I have to imagine that adamantium bones would make a hell of a difference.

jplatinum
The barring were for extra weight and because they were in the glove itself(to be closer to the contact point of an opponent).
Logan's bones would be in the glove, but not in the glove material. You know, the part that actually makes contact with a person's face when you hit them.

What you're saying is like comparing a naked bat hitting you to a foam covered bat hitting you.
The foam covered bat won't do any real damage in one hit.
The naked bat actually touches your skin with not cushioning in between so it would do lota damage.
It's simple scienctific deduction.

On strength, you make a pretty good point.
Except I don't know if a berserker rage will make Logan that much stronger than he already is at max.
Jump from 1000 lbs to 2000 lbs doesn't seem right.

illadelph12
I still say if Rock has Mick in his corner and a montage that compares his training to Weapon X and X-Men training, he'd take Logan easily. It worked on Drago who is comparable to Captain America (scientifically enhanced peak human abilities).

Uncle Paulie would really piss Logan off and he might get his wig split on principle, so that may become extra incentive for Rocky to take Logan (though Paulie's punk ass would deserve it). If Adrian is nearby Logan might hit on her too. Wolverine has a history of lusting after another man's woman (Jean). Clubber Lang told Adrian she should ditch Rock and get with a real man. Logan may do the same. He loves talkin' smack to his opponents.

In a pure boxing match you can never count Rocky out. He's more than just a brawler. Apollo Creed himself trained Rocky to be a more refined boxer in Rocky 3. Add that with his heart, kick ass theme music, and the "Power Montage", he can take Logan.

colossus17
this is the stupidest thing i ever SAW!.......he has a healing factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......he can fight for hours and not get tired....while rocky's performance will...decrease

Gryn Jabar
No. Do you not understand? Logan's healing factor is a non issue. He'l lose heart, and besides, Rocky will just wear him out.

Zahit
ROCKY KICKS THE CRAP OUT OF WOLVERINE!!!!!

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/r/rockysquirrel.jpg

Metalmanx
Hahahaha! Thank you, Zahit. That just made my day.

For real.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by jplatinum
What you're saying is like comparing a naked bat hitting you to a foam covered bat hitting you.
The foam covered bat won't do any real damage in one hit.
The naked bat actually touches your skin with not cushioning in between so it would do lota damage.
It's simple scienctific deduction.

Are you saying that a punch by a fist in boxing glove can do no serious damage?

black robb
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Are you saying that a punch by a fist in boxing glove can do no serious damage? do not doubt JPlatinum

Wynndar
hahaha...i voted for rocky cuz i thought i would be the only one, just to joke around...but its actually kinda close

Metalmanx
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Are you saying that a punch by a fist in boxing glove can do no serious damage?

He's just saying that one single punch won't be enough to do any serious harm. It could disorient a person easily, but not really do any harm.

juggernaut74
If The Eye Of The Tiger song is playing in the background I give this fight to Rocky.

If not Rocky goes down in the 2nd round.

grey fox
rocky starts fighting logan when suddenly his persona changes to rambo's (hey their both played by the same actor ) rambo/rocky then steals a knife from a hot dog vendor and kills wolverine

CRAZYJOEDAVOLA
If Rocky is to win, he must take Wolverine out before the first couple of rounds. Wolverine's healing factor would kick in, and he would regain vigor. The longer Rocky stays in, the harder it will get, cause his wounds would stay, while Wolverine's get knitted up. However, Rocky is quick, and he would pull it off.

Hulk Power
Wolverine can't be beaten by Rocky. Didn't you see in the first X-men movie when he was in a cage match with that buff guy and then he just knocks him out. HE even too some of the guys punches and then he just healed. Besides, the original creator of this thread said that anything goes in this fight, right? Then Wolverine would just use his martial arts on Rocky and beat the crap out of him. Besides, I think that it would hurt you too if you hit Wolverine because of his Adamantium skeleton. (Anyways, Hulk can take them both on at the same time and kill them both)

CorderaMitchell
ROCKY!ROCKY!!ROCKY!!!

ZephroCarnelian
Rocky has the heart, the eye of the tiger AND the killer montage.

He can NOT lose.

CorderaMitchell
He will not lose.

grey fox
ROCKY

special skills

'power montage'
theme music (touch NOT eye of the tiger)
heart

WOLVEIRNE
bad-ass attitude

CorderaMitchell
Thats three vs one abilities wise.

grey fox
Damn straight

http://viasat.live.noname4us.com/images/archive/0067/m_006779.jpg

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:Py2Dq4XJZYYJ:vision.york.ac.uk/articles/146/films/images/wolv.jpeg

CorderaMitchell
Hugh Jackman Wolverine was a foot taller than the actual one by the way.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I got this idea from a post made by our very own WOLVERINEFAN.

Let's say Wolverine cannot use his claws, and Rocky is bare-fisted.

Everything else still goes. And let's this is Rocky from Rocky IV, where he beat Ivan Drago, the Russian, almost super-human fighter.

Also the songs "Eye of the Tiger" and "Gonna Fly Now" are playing loudly in the background.

Boxing match. Wolverine vs. Rocky.

Round 1.

Ding ding!

This is for Hulk Power.

I know it says bare-handed there, but I do recall changing that to them both wearing boxing gloves.

This is purely a boxing match. No other martial arts allowed or he is disqualified. No claws, they're both wearing boxing gloves as well.

This is just boxing. No more, no less.

Rocky takes him down in the 15th. I'm being completely serious, too.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Oh Lord. Go watch the Rocky movies. He does the same thing that Wolverine does and beats opponents who are EXCEEDINGLY more powerful than he is. Apollo? Should've wiped the floor with Rocky. Clubber Lang? Should have smeared Rocky's flesh and blood all over the floor. Ivan Drago? Hell. He should have disintergrated Rocky with one punch. And then get hauled to jail for murder. Then get raped by burly black men. That's just how bad these guys should have won.

But Rocky wasn't going to let that happen. He knows what he's doing. So what if Wolverine actually has more strength than him? Not a big factor here. Drago stupifyingly outclassed Rocky in strength.

And I mentioned before, there is no other martial arts to be used here. Just plain boxing. No street fighting, no karate, no ninjitsu. Just boxing. And to make it more of a boxing match, I'll change the rules a bit. It's a true boxing match all the way--they were gloves and everything. I figured later that it would be completely unfair if they were bare-fisted.

Everything else is the same.

Rocky wins. Montage will be his sealing factor.

If I may borrow a quote from Drago himself, "He is like hitting a piece of iron."

Metalmanx
Alright, I'm bringing my own thread back to life.

Rocky vs. Wolverine in a BOXING MATCH. Strictly boxing, no other martial arts/techniques. Takes place in a boxing ring.

No claws.

Both are wearing standard issue boxing gloves. Rocky has Micky in his corner and Wolverine has...uh...Cyclops in his corner.

Rocky gets a 30-minute montage, including both the songs "Eye of the Tiger", "Gonna Fly Now"m, and "Final Countdown". Wolverine gets to smoke a few cigars and have a few beers.

Again, STRICTLY BOXING here.

I think Rocky takes him down in the 15th round. I'm not even kidding.

Edit: Oh yea. Please don't close this, moderators. I'm completely serious about this thread. No spite or anything. Have a heart.

Tron
How the hell is this still open? What the f**k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.