An Ode to Qui Gon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand Moff Gav
ahem sing in tom jones' "Delila"

Qui Qui Qui Gon jin
oh why why why Qui Gon jiin
oh yes ol Qui why did you die
for if you where alive young skywalker would never
have turned to the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes there is a point to this

Lord Tyrant
Stupid Tree Humping Troll.

lucasfilm
agreed

moviejunkie23
qui gone qui gone
now that your gone
i can sing why the jedi lost
in this sad sad song

you made obi promise
to be anikins guide
when in fact by doing so
you nailed to a wall the jedi's hides

moviejunkie23
Qui Gone Qui Gone
Now that your gone
You can no longer sell that hippie peace loving ditch weed
to those gungans
as they smoke on their galatic space bongs

master sifadius
dots stupid

.:Space Opera:.
qui gon sucked and he was a shity jedi!

Batman316
relevance to EPIII?

astrofan428
Relevance to anything?

Grand Moff Gav
its relavent to III becase as i said in the song if qui Gon never died then ani would never have turned to the dark side because he only became such good friends with palpy because he couldnt talk with obi wan about certain things but he could to qui because qui wasnt really like the jedi.

Darth_Janus
What's this thread about?

astrofan428
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
its relavent to III becase as i said in the song if qui Gon never died then ani would never have turned to the dark side because he only became such good friends with palpy because he couldnt talk with obi wan about certain things but he could to qui because qui wasnt really like the jedi.

You couldnt just come out and say that? Im sure everyone here stopped reading after the second line.

Grand Moff Gav
i was going to say it at the start but my computer turned off as you see i was half way through my sentence when i said there is a point to this,.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
What's this thread about?

if qui Gon never died then ani would never have turned to the dark side because he only became such good friends with palpy because he couldnt talk with obi wan about certain things but he could to qui because qui wasnt really like the jedi.

liked the pic

Lazerlike42
The fact that Yoda and Obi-wan become Qui-gon's apprentices at the end of ROTS shows that it was Qui-gon who had things right all along and not them. Their mistakes (along with the mistakes of Windu and the rest of the Jedi) led to the turn of Anakin and the rise of the Sith. Qui-gon is, as we learn at the end of ROTS, is very much in tune with the force, moreso than Yoda and Windu. He was in tune with the will of the force. He is SO much so a pivotal, incredibly important character. That is probably why the song played during the duel in which he dies is called Duel of the Fates, because with Qui-gon hangs the very fate of the Jedi, the Sith, and the galaxy!

DeVi| D0do
very well said.

cool

jango fatt
EXTREMELY well said

Batman316
um.... ok did you guys not see Qui-gon get his ass handed to him by Maul?

Maybe he was more intune with the force but he still got owned.....

ayjay
BWUAHAHAH!!!....lolz....its true....Qui got merked

El_NINO
He was merked because they hadnt been fighting the sith for 1000 years, so there really had lost most of their fighting techniques.

Lazerlike42
Furthermore, having knowledge of the force, being skilled at lightsaber combat, and being in tune with the force are three totally different things. Dooku distinguishes lightsaber skills from knowledge of the force when he tells Yoda that their contest cannot be decided by knowledge of the force but by skills of the lightsaber.

Being in tune with the force though is another thing entirely.... it is sort of like.... (sorry if this is a bad example....) Imagine two Christians, and say one of them can recite the Bible from memory and knows everything in there, but there are a few things he doesn't practice right. The second person has a general idea of what the Bible says, he might not even have read the entire thing, but he follows all the doctrine prefectly because he has a better feel for the religion; he's more in tune with it.

The first guy is Yoda, the second guy is Qui-gon. Probably Qui-gon would have no chance against Dooku for example, and would have gotten fried by his force lightning because he doesn't have nearly the knowledge or experience as Yoda. When it comes to understanding the force and knowing what it wants however, Qui-gon will prove to be much more in tune with the truth.

Texansfan05
laughing laughing Worst Song Ever laughing laughing laughing

eXSBass
Qui Gon, oh Qui Gon
You were my hero
Where art thou gone?
Come and join me
And contribute to this sing-a-long

Chizzel my nizzle, turn it up a little, gis' us' some of that dribble, don't make me pull out the mother friggin' nipple

Qui Gon, oh Qui Gon
You were my hero
Where art thou gone?
Come and join me

Routine check, I didn't take this route to be checked, why do you routinely check, all those youths in jeans and creps?

Qui Gon, oh Qui Gon
You were my hero
Where art thou gone?
Come and join me

Sing along baby, work along baby, we'll rock the mother frigging floor baby. Give me thong baby. I'll not be warned baby. So sing along with me one last time baby

Qui Gon, oh Qui Gon
You were my hero
Where art thou gone?
Come and join me

And that ladies and gentlemen, is my contribution to this thread

big grin

Texansfan05
laughing laughing

Grand Moff Gav
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing beer

kiadimundijedi
Originally posted by Batman316
um.... ok did you guys not see Qui-gon get his ass handed to him by Maul?

Maybe he was more intune with the force but he still got owned.....

Being in tune with the force has nothing to do with skills with a light saber... General Grevious has nothing to do with the force yet he is great with a saber...

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Furthermore, having knowledge of the force, being skilled at lightsaber combat, and being in tune with the force are three totally different things. Dooku distinguishes lightsaber skills from knowledge of the force when he tells Yoda that their contest cannot be decided by knowledge of the force but by skills of the lightsaber.

Being in tune with the force though is another thing entirely.... it is sort of like.... (sorry if this is a bad example....) Imagine two Christians, and say one of them can recite the Bible from memory and knows everything in there, but there are a few things he doesn't practice right. The second person has a general idea of what the Bible says, he might not even have read the entire thing, but he follows all the doctrine prefectly because he has a better feel for the religion; he's more in tune with it.

The first guy is Yoda, the second guy is Qui-gon. Probably Qui-gon would have no chance against Dooku for example, and would have gotten fried by his force lightning because he doesn't have nearly the knowledge or experience as Yoda. When it comes to understanding the force and knowing what it wants however, Qui-gon will prove to be much more in tune with the truth.

wow its funny the most incitefull post I have read from these star wars posts comes from this thread. Seriosley man you coudn't say it better than Lazerlike 42

Grand Moff Gav
most informative

soz just trying to keep this thread alive

yodafan
I miss Qui-Gon!!!!! He was cool!!!! So what he got owned by one of the best Sith in the universe using a double bladed lightsaber? Do you know how hard it is to fight a 2 sided blade? Its freakin hard!

Oh Qui-Gon, oh Qui-Gon,
Why did you get killed,
Oh Qui-Gon, oh Qui-Gon,
without you the prophecy was not filled,
Oh Qui-Gon, oh Qui-Gon,
you were killed by a double bladed lightsaber,
Oh Qui-Gon, oh Qui-Gon,
If you lived Padme woudn't have died in labor.

Grand Moff Gav
bravo oncore

best song ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.