Darth Bandon vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Darkstar
Who would win in a battle of the apprentices?

Before you say that Bandon was so weak in the game, yes he was, but remember that we play from the position of Revan. Sort of messes up the view of him.
But Malak chose him over thousands of other sith, and he would have chosen the strongest out of the bunch. If there was a stronger sith out there, he would have killed Bandon and taken his place.
Also, it says in many places that Bandon duelled many jedi, and they all fell before him. It also said that he had yet to meet his match in combat. And being the apprentice of the dark lord, you would meet some powerful opponents.

Personally I think that Bandon is underestimated here, but I might be wrong. Anyway, please respond.

Darth_Janus
I think that, while very talented and badass, Maul is outclassed here. Bandon was no doubt a Jedi of prowess who fought in the Mandalorian Wars before working his way up the ranks of hundreds of Sith warriors. That in itself speaks measures.

Revan Darkstar
yes I agree

Darth_Glentract
Bandon would win.

jackstain
Give me a break.

Revan Darkstar
ok jack, we know that you like Maul, but please give us some reasons for him winning, I'll admit in the movie and in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, he was amazing, but in shadow hunter he faces off against weak opponents, actually wait, he did duel a jedi master, whatever. And in TPM he should have won, but thats not very tough opponents. A 70 year old man and a 20 year old kid. Any ancient sith lord could have done that. I have yet to see any proof that he could stand against the ancients and win. If you give me proof, I will re-think my position, but for now, I will think of him as a powerful sith, but not able to kill much more than a knight or weak master.

Darth_Janus
Nicely put.

Darth Mantis
I say maul... although bandon outclassed so many sith and was taught by malak... I would still say maul because he was taught by Sidious who taught yoda a thing or two in their duel. I dont think there is many force users who can do that. So he must of chose maul for something. Also bandon would look at maul and think he was the devil himself.

Darth Mantis
Only if maul is overconfident he would lose... Obi-wan that cheap shot.

Darth Mantis
Malak is a weakling... While fighting Revan had to extract power from jedi just to keep on fighting... There's not much he can teach bandon but to be a wussy.

Darth_Janus
Bah. Nonsense. Malak was a frontline Jedi general in the Mandalorian Wars. Sidious could teach Maul how to help him wipe and get into hsi throne, the old cripple.

"Come, my dark apprentice. Let me show you powah with the lightsabah! Ack... hack... cough... My lungs... my lungs! Excuse me, son. I'm too old to masturbate without taking a nap. Let's just get a Sith how-to pop up book."

There's your superior mentor. Six years past his AARP card and keeps forgetting why he wants to take over the galaxy anyways.

Darth Mantis
Malak is a dumba$$... frontline jedi my a$$. Wow shows how much the jedi know... He could take a shit right next to yoda and he would not know the evil leaving his body...

Darth_Janus
Malak is better than you give him credit for. Don't make me smite you via pictures.

Darth Mantis
Your right... Revan is a dumba$$ for not knowing that Malak would betray him...

Wanderer259
This is off-topic, so read only if you're bored.

Y'know, I see a lot of Padawan Obi-Wan giving Maul a 'cheat shot', but in a sense, isn't Obi-Wan only doing what his/Qui-Gon/Yoda's style says he should do? Form IV lightsaber combat calls for Force-assisted acrobatics and athletic manuevers in order to either find an opening or catch your opponent off guard and cut them down. Perfectly viable, and thus there was no cheap shot. Maul just made a mistake in not finishing the young Padawan when he had the chance.

Come to think of it, if anyone had a cheap shot, it was Maul Force-pushing Obi-Wan over the shaft's lip when he started getting pressed.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, instead of saying Obi Wan was a cheap shot or calling Revan and Malak dumbasses, why not call Maul on his own idiocy?

Darth Mantis
Oh I know it's just a stupid way to die... Anyway maul gets my vote.

Darth_Janus
Bah. We have no tempted this one enough. Here is my final offer...

Darth Mantis
Dark side I must not fall... Must not join... Must resist...

Darth_Janus
Join us! We get free parking and 401K!

Darth Mantis
Free parking... Yes I will .... wait a minute I don't have car...

Darth_Janus
Then have one of these!

Darth Mantis
I already have that one...

Darth Revan33
Maul would easily win with his eyes closed. Bandon may have been powerful, but he was only stronger than the weakling Uthar of the Sith Academy and those three dark Jedi at the end of the star forge (dark side). That's not saying much. Sure many Jedi have fallen beneath Bandon's blade, but look at how many Jedi were cut down on the Star Forge. Bandon had less than 1 year of Sith training under Malak while Maul had his whole life of training under Darth Sidious. And before you guys say how arrogant Maul is, Bandon is the same way.

Naga Sadow
back to topic. indeed i know that bandon was defeated by revan, thats why he was easy. but still, he was TOO easy to be a good opponent, considering i went to Kashyyk first, so i was way low on levels. and about that sidious old and stuff. in TPM he was still pretty young, i wouldnt give him more then 50. and with the force its like: older u are, more u know. so he could definitly teach maul a few usefull things. now about those cheap shots, there are none of them in jedi combat. u use all available means to defeat ur opponent, and obi wan was defeated, yet he recovered and struck back defeating maul. respect.
bandon on the other hand learned from Malak. yes, i know that ppl underestimate both, but still, he was a peace of cake, even with those jedi to draw from. front line general in mandalorian wars? ye ok he was, but that doesnt give u expirience against jedi, which he didnt fight a lot. and im not sure about bandon being in the mandalorian wars. i mean game said he adandoned the order, but it never sayd WHEN. it could have been after the wars. Malak choosing him from thousands of sith? hmmm, maybe he didnt choose the strongest to make sure he wouldnt be killed by his apprentice.(not likely, but possible). i also dont think bandon fought the strongest of jedi, considering revan wiped quite a few of them out.
also, maul would prolly have the moral advantage on his side. his scary face, deep voice and double bladed saber arent a pleasent sight if u ask me.

thats why i give my vote to maul

Fishy
What kind of logic is that? You always meet Bandon on your third planet... Just before you get picked up by the leviathan, not on Kashyyyk. Unless that is your third planet.

Malak not powerful? You are Revan, you are the Dark Lord of the Sith. The master not the apprentice, killing Malak is surprisingly hard considering who you are..

And with all that Malak talks about the strongest ruling and how his apprentice would take over from him you can be damn sure he would pick the strongest from them all to make sure that he would be killed and the Sith would have another powerful ruler. Malak was the kind of person who was a true Sith in heart.

And yes Revan killed a lot of powerful Jedi, but so did Malak saying he has no experience against Jedi is foolish and really underestimating the Jedi. The Jedi would not let the apprentice of the Dark Lord run around free of challenge. And thats when he still served Revan after that, he would have faced many Jedi. Bandon apparently did, he always won. Had never met his equal in saber combat, and this was from somebody that the Jedi knew had trained and who was the apprentice of the Dark Lord himself. You try to kill somebody like that.

Both Malak and Bandon faced more Jedi then Maul, it can not be another way. Both of them always came out victorious unless they faced Revan, and really who are we talking about here? If Maul would have faced Yoda and would have died nobody would have been surprised, then why be surprised when we are talking about the Dark Lord of the Sith himself?

Besides that Mandelorians don't give you any experience when you are fighting against Jedi, i beg to differ.

Not only did Malak fight Mandelorians who were skilled with blades, he fought them a lot. The Republic used energy shields like the Mandelorians did to stop blasters from hitting them, they had to fight with swords as well as guns. Malak surely faced a lot of Mandelorians who were very skilled with blades. Okay they may not have been Jedi, but that doesn't mean they couldn't kill Jedi. A lot Jedi died during the Mandelorian wars and not just at Malachor.

You are imo heavily underestimating both Malak and Bandon, i used to do the same for Bandon. But pretty much everything i learned about him since has convinced me that he is indeed one hell of a fighter.

Naga Sadow
hmmm, ok u crushed me there.
so could u share wat u learned about bandon that changed ur oppinion?

Fishy
www.swkotor.com

read about Bandon there, it just says some stuff that he has never met an opponent that could beat him never met his equal in lightsaber combat and has killed many Jedi...

That and some logical thinking brings me to the conclusion that Bandon was indeed incredibly powerful and more then a match for Maul.

Revan Darkstar
yes I agree, and about Bandon being scared of Maul's appearence, please give me a break. If that is the best arguement you can come up with, well thats pretty lame. Bandon faced off against Revan and he wasn't scared, and he knew who he was facing. If you think Maul would beat anyone based on his looks, it would be an 5 year old apprentice, not a sith lord

exanda kane
i agree with the fact that you are revan and you kill bandon remarkably easy (despite what order you go to planets) but i just can't see him against darth maul, and about him being Malak's apprentice, what a load of crap. Give me a knuckleduster and i'll kick the crap out of him! And think about the beginning of KOTOR; doesnt Trask manage to hold him off for a little too long! I mean Trask is a level 2 soldier with standard clothing and a long sword and he manages to hold him off, it just seems a little too easy for my liking.

Darth_Janus
Trask Ulgo doesn't "hold Bandon off". He runs at the Sith lord, sacrificing his life to buy you a few seconds to escape. In anyc ase, the door was blown and sealed behind him, and we see no blades slashed. It's very likely that Trask was butchered in a second or two.

Fishy
Yes Bandon seems easy, which was the reason i always considered him a weak bastard. But all facts speak against that, Bandon was powerful he was a skilled lightsaber duellist and he did defeat everybody he ever faced except for Revan...

Revan the legendaric Sith Lord and Fighter, what chance would anybody have against that?

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Fishy
Yes Bandon seems easy, which was the reason i always considered him a weak bastard. But all facts speak against that, Bandon was powerful he was a skilled lightsaber duellist and he did defeat everybody he ever faced except for Revan...

Revan the legendaric Sith Lord and Fighter, what chance would anybody have against that?

Yes, Bandon killed many Jedi, but look at how strong most Jedi were, many were killed by average Sith apprentices on the Star Forge. And Malak fighting on the front lines in the Mandalorian Wars, where did you hear that? I would guess he would be too cowardly to do something like that. And we never see Malak fight and beat any Jedi from start to finish except Bastila. Back on topic though, we know that Maul killed everyone he faced until Obi-Wan (whom he still defeated). Maul killed two masters and an apprentice because he didn't fight any other Jedi. Sidious made sure of that.

Ok to sum it all up, you're comparing a Sith Lord trained for less than a year by the weaker Darth Malak to a Sith Lord trained from birth by the stronger Darth Sidious. Bandon was trained far less than even Luke by TESB who has far more potential than Bandon. Bandon's strong, but not nearly as strong as Maul. Maul could even compete with Malak (though even I admit Malak is probably stronger.) So why do you think his barely trained apprentice could beat him?

jackstain
Originally posted by Revan Darkstar
ok jack, we know that you like Maul, but please give us some reasons for him winning, I'll admit in the movie and in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, he was amazing, but in shadow hunter he faces off against weak opponents, actually wait, he did duel a jedi master, whatever. And in TPM he should have won, but thats not very tough opponents. A 70 year old man and a 20 year old kid. Any ancient sith lord could have done that. I have yet to see any proof that he could stand against the ancients and win. If you give me proof, I will re-think my position, but for now, I will think of him as a powerful sith, but not able to kill much more than a knight or weak master.

ok i dont know much about bandon, just that no one likes him and he sucks.

so i was pissed cuz maul is a stud. im not sure who wuld win, i think maul though...from what i know.

he kills in shadow hunter(from what i can remember):

master, his apprentice, lorn pavan(who was a formidable apponent), a few police droids, a skilled bounty hunter, a giant effin' mythical worm beast, tons of those cython monsters with ease(which are supposed to be amazing), the nemoidian and all of his gaurds, 4 super-insane assassin droids who were like sickly skilled......

those are what i can remember from that book....theres probly more, and i know all their names but not everyone would know them from their names.

thanks for not bein a d1ck about it too....ur one of the only ones around this site with class.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Revan33
Yes, Bandon killed many Jedi, but look at how strong most Jedi were, many were killed by average Sith apprentices on the Star Forge. And Malak fighting on the front lines in the Mandalorian Wars, where did you hear that? I would guess he would be too cowardly to do something like that. And we never see Malak fight and beat any Jedi from start to finish except Bastila. Back on topic though, we know that Maul killed everyone he faced until Obi-Wan (whom he still defeated). Maul killed two masters and an apprentice because he didn't fight any other Jedi. Sidious made sure of that.

Ok to sum it all up, you're comparing a Sith Lord trained for less than a year by the weaker Darth Malak to a Sith Lord trained from birth by the stronger Darth Sidious. Bandon was trained far less than even Luke by TESB who has far more potential than Bandon. Bandon's strong, but not nearly as strong as Maul. Maul could even compete with Malak (though even I admit Malak is probably stronger.) So why do you think his barely trained apprentice could beat him?

A few things...

www.swkotor.com Check it for information on Bandon and Malak. It might change your opinion of both.

Secondly, no one saw Maul kill any Jedi before TPM, but all assume he is badass. No one saw Sidious kill any Jedi before ROTS, and yet all assume he is badass. You have an official source telling you that Malak was a hero of the Mandalorian Wars whose courage and boldness held the line when it would have broke, and a fallen Jedi who was now the apprentice over hundreds of others to the Sith Lord and has never known an equal in combat save for the legendary Revan, and you assume both are worthless next to both Maul and Sidious?

I don't follow.

Second issue: training.

We have the majority of Bandon's lifetime as a Jedi in the warlike years following Exar Kun and the new Sith Wars, and also two years training as a Sith... That's a lot of time to be mastering Jedi fighting techniques and abttle techniques and blending them with Sith techniques.

Darth Maul's training comes from one source: Sidious. Unlike Bandon, who had many masters (Since training was more or less a group thing back then.) Maul's isolation from other force users and thus isolation from many fighting styles, combat techniques, and even just in general social adjustment gives him -disadvantages- instead of advantages. Bandon was in a position to test his mettle and excel and learn from his mistakes (Of which there were few) with real live Sith and Jedi. Maul's training was limited to the ancient Sidious, the 70 year old Qui Gon Jinn, and the20 year old Obi Wan who destroyed him.

Fishy

Where did you get that training part? He was a Jedi, Jedi are trained from birth or early childhood at least. That means he had a lot of training and not just by Bandon but from Jedi Masters as well.

And Malak did fight on the front lines, i heard it from story's from people, Sith republic soldiers, Carth and Jedi Masters alike. To say those Jedi are weak is foolish as well, they were outnumbered and in a place where the dark side was strong. What chance did they have? Malak killed two masters that we have seen, story's about him talk about a lot more then just that. You think its strange that they didn't put all of them in game? That would have been one hell of a game, with one big intro if we wanted to see everybody that Malak killed.

He was honoured because he was a front line general and a great fighter, thats what he did that was his job.

I'll finish this reply later got to go now

Fishy
Anyways as i was saying

Bandon did have training his entire life by Jedi. Jedi train people from child hood or not at all, seeing as Bandon was a Jedi before he left he had to have had considerable training.

About Malak not being a fighter, seeing as councillors say that Malak was a fighter, I'm just going to assume he was. Not to mention that Republic soldiers say it, Sith soldiers say it. Carth Onasi says it. Malak was a front line fighter so he faced many mandelorians, Mandelorians that killed Jedi for a living. Also lets not forget he was the Dark Lord of the Sith a powerful one at that, maybe not Revan but still powerful and he would have to be powerful to do that.

Your argument that the Jedi Bandon faced were weak has no real basis. First of all if the Sith were so strong that they could kill Jedi that easily then that means Bandon is incredible to be in a higher rank then they are. To say they are weaken then more modern Jedi is foolish considering they had more training. The only time you see Sith and Jedi fight is on the Star Forge a powerful Dark Side artifact that and on the harbinger (sp?) the first ship.

Jedi and Dark Jedi are matched there. No matter how you explain it however its still a compliment for Bandon.

Now on the matter of Maul killing one master, whoopie doo. He killed one entire Jedi, Bandon killed a lot more. Maybe they were weaker maybe they were stronger we don't know. But we sure as hell know that Bandon has seen more combat then Qui gon and Maul put together at that time. You don't proof yourself to Malak without fighting and killing other Sith and Jedi. Bandon was powerful you can not deny this, it would make no sense if he wasn't. Simply saying that you as Revan beat him means absolutely nothing, as Revan would beat anybody at that time.

Darth Revan33
I forgot about Malak fighting on the front lines and stuff, apologies. Sure Bandon was trained from birth as a Jedi and then he had less than a year of training to be a Sith lord. It was not two years. That's not much time. Maul was older and had his whole life to be trained by a Sith lord. Now about Janus' point that Bandon was trained by more than one master because it was a group thing, yes he did but that also means the teachers spent less time with him as they had more students. Sidious had no one else to teach.

Now in actual combat, we know Maul killed everyone in black sun, 3 Jedi 2 of them masters who were strong with a lightsaber. He also killed a ship full of togorian pirates, tusken raiders, and many assassin droids. He was constantly being tested by Sidious to become the perfect weapon. Sidious once filled his room full of dinkos just because he had flinched. Now I'm not saying Bandon is a total wuss, but he didn't have nearly the training Maul did. It's like comparing Maul to a weaker ESB Luke. And just because he killed more Jedi doesn't mean he's stronger. Aurra Sing, Atton Rand, HK-47 all kill plenty of Jedi but that doesn't make them stronger. Maul didn't have the chance to fight more Jedi because Sidious wouldn't let him. And the Jedi Bandon killed could have been masters or they could have been padawans. We don't know who he killed or how strong they were, but we do know Maul defeat two powerful Jedi at the same time with ease.

While I respect your opinions, you guys are banking a lot on what ifs. There just isn't enough facts about Bandon and Maul had WAY more training and some known Jedi under his belt.

jackstain
ok i guess no one saw the list.

exanda kane
i know this is a stupid comment considering the game physics but . . . Bandon doesn't even jump around a lot, he's got a dodgy goatee and needs to wear silver plate armour to keep hisself safe. And a sith lord (assmuing bandon is) should have been able break through that door, otheewise how did he get out the endar spire.

Darth_Janus
I forgot about Malak fighting on the front lines and stuff, apologies. Sure Bandon was trained from birth as a Jedi and then he had less than a year of training to be a Sith lord. It was not two years. That's not much time. Maul was older and had his whole life to be trained by a Sith lord. Now about Janus' point that Bandon was trained by more than one master because it was a group thing, yes he did but that also means the teachers spent less time with him as they had more students. Sidious had no one else to teach.

Now in actual combat, we know Maul killed everyone in black sun, 3 Jedi 2 of them masters who were strong with a lightsaber. He also killed a ship full of togorian pirates, tusken raiders, and many assassin droids. He was constantly being tested by Sidious to become the perfect weapon. Sidious once filled his room full of dinkos just because he had flinched. Now I'm not saying Bandon is a total wuss, but he didn't have nearly the training Maul did. It's like comparing Maul to a weaker ESB Luke. And just because he killed more Jedi doesn't mean he's stronger. Aurra Sing, Atton Rand, HK-47 all kill plenty of Jedi but that doesn't make them stronger. Maul didn't have the chance to fight more Jedi because Sidious wouldn't let him. And the Jedi Bandon killed could have been masters or they could have been padawans. We don't know who he killed or how strong they were, but we do know Maul defeat two powerful Jedi at the same time with ease.

While I respect your opinions, you guys are banking a lot on what ifs. There just isn't enough facts about Bandon and Maul had WAY more training and some known Jedi under his belt.

Maul killed Togorians. It's a nice accomplishment. But a Jedi is worth easily a dozen or so Togorians. They're just big cat people. Not to discredit the act, but it's not a benchmark. And neither are tuskan raiders. Anakin as a padawan massacred a whole camp full. They're not amazingly advanced or high thinking adversaries. Assassin droids ca be a pain, I agree. I'm not sure what manner of droids Maul eliminated, but I'm sure it was an accomplishment since it's on his resume.

Now, comparing Bandon to ESB Luke is a false analogy. Why? Well, ESB Luke had all the mastery and training of a first grader in boot camp. He's not even a padawan as far as I'm concerned. But back to your other points, you're saying that just because Bandon killed many Jedi and Sith, it doesn't make him better, while at the same time saying Maul killed a bunch of non-Jedi opponents and two masters and is thus better. Oh, and tacking on Sidious' rigorous training program.

Unless it says somewhere specifically that Maul has the neccessary training to hold up to a resume of Bandon's which includes full Jedi training and the deaths of many Jedi, and also being promoted within a year to the second most powerful Sith in a time of hundreds, I just can't see him being better.

jackstain
F*ck bandon, and all of you!

Darth_Janus
Tsk tsk....

Revan Darkstar
Originally posted by jackstain
ok i dont know much about bandon, just that no one likes him and he sucks.

so i was pissed cuz maul is a stud. im not sure who wuld win, i think maul though...from what i know.

he kills in shadow hunter(from what i can remember):

master, his apprentice, lorn pavan(who was a formidable apponent), a few police droids, a skilled bounty hunter, a giant effin' mythical worm beast, tons of those cython monsters with ease(which are supposed to be amazing), the nemoidian and all of his gaurds, 4 super-insane assassin droids who were like sickly skilled......

those are what i can remember from that book....theres probly more, and i know all their names but not everyone would know them from their names.

thanks for not bein a d1ck about it too....ur one of the only ones around this site with class.

Yes I'll admit Maul is cooler than Bandon, buts thats not the question. About Maul killing all those people, you're right, I had forgotten some of that, and about what you forgot, he killed off most of Black Sun and an entire cantina and Hutt throne room (think Jabba's throne room in RotJ). However, though this is impressive, lets examine what he would have had to for those opponents
-Master and apprentice: Maul would have had to out fight them with lightsabers and the force. Ok good, but Bandon would have had to beat hundreds of sith to become Malak's apprentice, he also killed dozens of jedi.
-Lorn Paven, police droids, nemodion and guards & bounty hunter: Maul would have had to either force choke them, deflect blaster bolts back at them, or cut them in half. Not to be condensending or any thing, but Luke in ANH could deflect blaster bolts, not well, and I'm not saying he could have done that, but he could still do it. I don't find that all that impressive, in fact, I find it interesting that it took Maul so long to kill Paven, he was a drunk, former jedi secretary who had amazing amount of luck, if Maul was able to defeat the ancient sith, he should not have had as much trouble as he did with Paven.
-The Mythical worm: I'm not sure here, but I think all he did was cut the ropes that held up the bridge that the creature was on. If that is infact what he did, not that impressive.
-The Cythons: remember they are described as terrors, but that is by people who live in the slums, they are not jedi or sith. And again, all he did was use the force to sense them dropping a net on him and he avioded it. Then he activcated his lightsaber, waved it around, killed a few people and kept hunting.
-Assassin droids: yes they were programmed with all the knowledge of 100 masters and Maul defeated them like they were nothing. But they were armed with weapons that could not block a lightsaber. If they tried to block, their weapon was cut in half, still impressive since he beat them in 30 seconds, but not incredible.

Thanks for the post though, and the compliment about me have class, I appreciate it.

By the way, nice pic Janus, laughing

Darth_Janus
I have more!

Fishy
Lol

Revan Darkstar
lol

by the way I realized that I wasn't very clear in my above post, I said that I didn't think that Luke could do that, by 'that' I meant kill Paven, the bounty hunter etc. What I meant by that he could is that he already could deflect blaster bolts, so it obviosouly isn't very hard and Maul doing that doesn't lead to any greater estimation of his skills.

Darth Revan33

Fishy
ESB luke stronger then Bandon? ESB Luke could hardly pull of a good attack. And he wasn't able to compete with Vader, he was being smacked around for the fun of it. He didn't stand a chance...

And Maul may have fought a lot, but they aren't really impessive opponents. Bandon could have done that, all of that. He would have been able to defeat Maul easily would the two have fought. Bandon had a lot more experience than Maul, especially against Jedi. Maul faced Jedi that had seen almost no battle except for training. Bandon faced Jedi who had seen war their entire lives. He was obviously skilled and he faced more then just apprentices. You don't send apprentices to kill somebody as important as Bandon. Its foolish and you know they will die. Btw: he had more then a year of Sith training, he only had a year under Malak. But he had been training under the Sith since Revan had returned so thats two and a half years.

Darth_Janus

Fishy
Actually Bandon did not fight in the Mandelorian wars, he only left the Jedi when Revan returned as he was to young to follow Revan before...

Also only 20 kills? I know your keeping it low, but thats just extremely low. If thats all he killed then the Sith and Jedi were incredibly worthless and deserved to die, both of them... Anyways because Bandon joined the Sith at such a young age and still managed to become the apprentice only makes him more impressive.

Besides as some of you know when the Exile faced trial there were a lot of empty seats. According to Vrook, Kavar the Disciple and Kreia. Jedi Masters followed Revan to war, seeing as there is no real reason to assume they have died and as Disciple says one followed Malak till the end, I will just have to assume that Bandon was chosen as the apprentice over Jedi Masters...

Masters who had places on the Jedi Council... Could Maul do that? Beat at least three maybe up to five or six councillors? Didn't think so.

Darth Revan33
Before I start, no I don't take things personally on here, I respect both your opinions and Revan Darkstar's because you guys can carry an argument well. There isn't much more I haven't already said except Qui-Gon was Council level and I think the other master was too or was at least close. And I don't compare how easily Revan kills Bandon. No one can compete with Revan really. I will finish this in my next post because I can't right now.

Fishy
I know Qui Gon was council level, i am not saying that killing Qui was a small thing it wasn't. Maul is a great fighter. But I don't think he is Bandon, he didn't have the experience, he didn't fight as many Jedi and Sith and knows less about the two sides then Bandon does. Maul is good, but he just simply IMO can not compare with somebody that has killed Jedi and Sith for 2,5 years and has gained an incredible rank in just 1,5 years of being Sith. He is the apprentice of the Dark Lord.

Darth_Janus
Seeing is believing, my friend. If we saw Bandon butcher Jedi in KOTOR, this wouldn't be so hard to believe.

Darth Revan33
Yes that's right Janus but the only thing we have seen is the website saying he killed many Jedi. And Maul is apprentice to the Dark Lord too so I'm not sure why you put that there especially since Sidious is widely considered to be stronger than Malak. Bandon did experience both sides while Maul did not, that's true. But you guys are comparing 20-30 years of your life 100% devoted to the Sith with a teacher like Sidious that foucuses his whole time on teaching him compared to roughly 20 years of Jedi training in an academy, about 2 years of Sith training in an academy, and less than a year of training from an actual Sith Lord.

Next, while we know Bandon killed many Jedi, we don't know how many or how strong they were. I like to compare them to the average Jedi we see in KOTOR 1 which were pathetic. Even the Exile can kill those Jedi masters without a lightsaber while barely trained, so the many Jedi thing doesn't do a whole lot for me except tell me that he is skilled with a lightsaber which we obviously know Maul is very good at. Once again, Aurra Sing, Atton, and HK-47 kill a lot of Jedi so quantity does not prevail over quality.

Next, about the number of Jedi he killed, it probably was not very high at all. Only 40 years after the Exar-Kun war, after the Mandalorian War, the Great Hunt, and the jedi Revan turned to his side there wouldn't be that many Jedi to fight, not to mention where would he fight them?

Now obviously we don't know nearly enough about Bandon to make this more of an even topic but this is comparing knowledge where Maul easily wins.

Darth_Janus
Easily?

Where does this easily come from?

Easily winning is Revan backing ESB Luke into a corner and sabering him into chunks

Easily winning is Chewie football kicking a jawa across Mos Eisley.

Easily winning is being the only person up for office and being elected president.

While I will agree with you that we can determine more about Maul's actual training, it doesn't give him an easy win at all. Any Jedi or Sith worth his lightsaber should be able to give Maul a run for his money. Maul's not invincible. And Sidious is widely considered stronger than Malak, but there are two things about that I beg to challenge: one is that, as in this case, we do not know enough about either to make that assumption; the other is that Sidious is more popular and liked because of Episode III. And since seeing is believing, there are dozens of pics of Sidious whuppin' ass circulating around the internet, but not one of Malak using his saber in combat. Not one.

Darth Revan33
true Sidious is WAY more popular, and I'm not even close to saying Maul is invincible. But I don't think he gets nearly enough credit most of the time. And the easily is simply that Maul had more training and knowledge. Not that he could easily beat Bandon (even though I think he could). Maul has undeniably more training and knowledge than Bandon so that's why I think he would win. Plus we have actually seen him in combat with Jedi, not just heard about it.

intrudingPChan
maul stomps imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.