I guess I just wasn't made for these times...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sugar Kane
As I am only twenty, people often comment that maybe I was born in the wrong time based on the movies and music I like, and I am inclined to agree. Ideally, I would like to have been twenty in around 1965. I could have been witness to the rise of great bands like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, The Jimi Hendrix Experience and of course, The Doors.

I was just wondering if there are any other posters on here who have similar tastes to mine. I have been through periods of listening to nothing but the above bands, currently, I am in my phase of The Doors, I just can't get enough of them! Their music has really stayed fresh and is still better than 90% of what's around today, both lyrically and musically. I am not saying that I don't like modern music, I like everything from Radiohead to N*E*R*D, but I think that the sixties was a period of amazing creativity and talent that will never be matched again.

KMC
I'm 14 and have similar tastes to you so thats even stranger. Although I'm in a Prince phase at the mo, i still love The Beatles, Stones, Hendrix etc. I was brought up with that kind of music- from the time my dad was young. So i guessit's in my blood.
You're notthe only one

Kate xx

punkyhermy
i LOVE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!! especially the paint it black song!

Sugar Kane
I went through a Prince thing too, I must have played Raspberry Beret a gazillion times! big grin He is great. And yes, Paint it Black is a fantastic song, but my favourite Stones song has to be Sympathy for the Devil which was on the 'Beggar's Banquet' album- six minutes of genius.

punkyhermy
oh i must listen to it then...

loserib
im realy into alot of the bands you mentioned stones doors hendrix skinerd sabbath i am 23 im also into alot of modern stuff too slipknot mudvayne
pantera
hatebreed
theres nothing wrong with knowing your rock roots

Darth Revan
Those are all good bands but I listen to modern stuff too I agree with loserib here nothing wrong with knowing where modern music came from

KMC
"...Beret" is a great song. When the Lights Go Down is my fav song and Purple Rain is my fav album. Closely followed by The Rainbow Children. Oh he really is great...

Kate xx

mook
im 22. i have most of the doors albums but dont really listen to them anymore. ive got some pink floyd and recently got a couple of beatle albums. i also love pet sounds by the beach boys and was listening to electric ladyland album just last night. ive heard my dads 40licks stones album which i like.

however my favourite bands are the flaming lips, radiohead and super furry animals.

Ikobe
I need to live in the mid 80's-late 90's.

loserib
the only complaint i have about music today is all the pop music thats being disguised and forced fed to us

ElectricBugaloo
i like the stuff from the '60s and early '70s, then skip the '80s, some of the 90s stuff, and some of the indie stuff from late '90s and early '00s

BadBabe
im supposed to be in my thirties

im into the whole sex pistols ramones scence

or i could be in my twenties and alope with benji madden blushing

VilleValo462
wow .. im going through one of those .. right now confused

Myth
The problem is you are into what you consider to be classics. If you were of the same character but in 1965, you would not want to be into what is current and you'd want to follow what was considered classic bands at that time.

KMC
Sarcasm? Not appreciated if it is but never mind... big grin

Kate xx

ragesRemorse
yeah music really blows the big one in these modern times. What ever happend to those bands where you actually make music instead of recording sounds from a synthesizer or sound board. Today bands are made and created in sound studios instead of being born. give me zeppelin, doors, and CCR over all this modern day shit.

Sadly when a band comes along that actually stands for somthing and expresses it through there music, no one will play there music so they die out. It seems history is about to repeat itself again though. All these new up and comming bands are very classic british rock inspired. However only one or two actually know how to play that type of music. the Jets seem like they may be good, 3 doors down is a nice get away to but for the most part my mind and ears are blanketed in headphones taking me back to the glory days of modern rock, when bands were bands and not just an idea or a pretty face and a playcating slogan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.