Ulic-Qel Droma vs Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Darkstar
Who would win between these two sith lords? Both are at the height of their powers.

This is Bane after he got bit by the parasitcs and became resistant to lightsabers and got an eternal adreneline boost. Bane was also the only survivor out of thousands of jedi and sith on Russan once the thought bomb exploded. He was the founded of the new sith order.

But now I'm going to give you some background info on Ulic. When he was growing up, he was considered a progidy, one of the best jedi even. He tamed the Onderon system when he was still an apprentice, killing a sith and numerous other people. He was urged to leave, but he decided to stay and fight the dark side from within, then he fell to the dark side.
He was the apprentice to Exar Kun, and nearly fought him to a standstill before Exar was proclaimed the dark lord.
He defeated Mandalore in single combat and ruled the Mandalorians. He led an assualt on Courscant and was betrayed and captured. Once he was freed by Exar, he killed the person who betrayed him by sending her to a planet and blowing up its sun, killing her.
Ulic also killed his own brother in combat and then when he realized what he did, he came back to the light and had his connection to the force stripped away fom him. After this he went into Exile for 20 years, not practising with a lightsaber or using the force (since it was taken from him).
Now I'll admit, this makes Ulic sound weak, but this is where it gets interesting. After being in exile for 20 years, not using the force or a lightsaber, Ulic was tracked down by the daughter of Nomi Sunrider because she wanted to be trained. I find this interesting, she was the daughter of the most powerful jedi at the time, yet she wanted to be trained by Ulic, knowing even in his weakened state, he was still stronger than Nomi was. Ulic agreed and started to train her. After a couple of months, they were tracked down again, this time by Nomi and another jedi knight, a cathar. A duel erupted between Ulic and the cathar jedi. The cathar jedi had been a jedi knight for several years and even fought against Ulic and Exar in the sith wars and was hailed a hero. She had also been using the force and training for the 20 years Ulic was in exile. Yet, Ulic was able to defeat a fully trained jedi master, who was using the force and was nearly on the dark side. He could not use the force, and had not used a lightsaber in 20 years. He also could not use the force to sense her movements and guide his lightsaber (which is the main reason jedi are so skilled with a blade), yet he was able to defeat her. Then when he turned to embrace Nomi (they used to be lovers), he was shot in the back. Even though he lost his connection to the force, his body still dissolved and he became one with the force.

There you have it, a basic history on both sith, now tell me who would win?

Darth_Glentract
Bane was extreemlypowerful and is very underrated, but Ulic would win.

Revan Darkstar
I agree with you Bane is underestimated, but Ulic would still win.

Darth_Janus
Well, Ulic...

Darth_Janus
Or Bubbles... Uh, I mean Bane.

Kun-ni Habeo
lol,,retarded monkey,,ulic pwns bane

Darth_Glentract
bump

I know this thread is freakin old, but I want to see the outcome and its a pretty good thread. go bubbles!

KingDubya
I have to say that it's hard to tell... I'm going with Qel-Droma on this one.

Lord Janus
This is a good thread, but Ulic does pwn. Especially old Ulic. He even looks cool. I'd post the pic, but I'm at work.

Rand al'Thor
Originally posted by Lord Janus
This is a good thread, but Ulic does pwn. Especially old Ulic. He even looks cool. I'd post the pic, but I'm at work.

Go to my EU art thread I have one of an old Ulic there.

Lord Janus
You mean this one?

Darth Faunus
Old Ulic, I'm guessing. That looks like a katana at his side. . .

Lord Janus
It sure does.

Vesman
Ulic is winner.

ObiWan1982
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie so forgive me for any mistakes, but I would say that Ulic just has this one. My reasons... well both are great combatants and they are both very strong with the force... but Ulic can still take down Jedi without the force. So I give him a victory in this one... just.

big grin

Lord Janus
Welcome to the forum. You've already impressed me with your first post. It was properly spelled, and thought out. And Obi-Wan does pwn, so you must be cool.

Darth_Glentract
Ignore.

Illustrious
I see a red x.

Darth_Glentract
Hmmm. It was some retarded thing.

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Image:Gamer-3-bane.jpg

Illustrious
Wow, that is retarded.

Tangible God
Originally posted by ObiWan1982
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie so forgive me for any mistakes, but I would say that Ulic just has this one. My reasons... well both are great combatants and they are both very strong with the force... but Ulic can still take down Jedi without the force. So I give him a victory in this one... just.

big grin Between Exar and Ulic, I've never paid much attention to Ulic-----the apprentice, who thinks highly of the Sith's apprentice? And I do for Bane, because of what HE'S done.

But, I just gotta ask. What is it about Ulic that makes people believe he'll win? Is it because he's more popular and talked about, and out in the open of the War?

Lord Darkstar

ObiWan1982
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Welcome to the forum. You've already impressed me with your first post. It was properly spelled, and thought out. And Obi-Wan does pwn, so you must be cool.

Thank you Lord Janus... I appreciate the welcome.

smile

Illustrious
It's the Obi-Wan avatar, that did it for him.

ObiWan1982
Originally posted by Illustrious
It's the Obi-Wan avatar, that did it for him.

big grin

Most likely!

Illustrious
Yes, Janus does like his Obi-Wans.

Tangible God
To Darkstar's post:

Wow, that's alot. Neat though.

But I think Obi-Wan CHOSE to leave, he left on purpose, he didn't run dry of energy.

Lord Janus
I'm of a mind to agree. I mean, Obi-Wan didn't have much of a reason to stick around. And even if he did, Obi-Wan was far more passive of a Jedi then any of the Sith lords were. In particular, Yoda should have been able to remain a Force ghost for longer then Obi-Wan, but other than ROTJ I don't recall him ever being present beyond that.

Darth_Glentract
^agree

Lord Darkstar
well reguardless, Ulic hung around for an extrememly long time, even though force spirits grow weaker over time. So we do know that Ulic was very powerful.

Darth_Glentract
Actually the idea that force spirits grow weaker over time has never been canonly confirmed. It was inferred from seeing spirit "appear" to get weaker over time, but it just speculation.

Lord Simus
Why is it people always say spirits get weaker because they are defeated by inferior opponents. Could it possibly be that Force users get stronger overtime. I doubt this but what do I know. Like Glentract said there is nothing canonical to support this theory.

Tangible God
Well, it's not like their training are they? They can't learn anything once they've snuffed it. They're using up energy just to stick around in the mortal plane---Obi---so, how could they possibly become stronger?

Darth_Glentract
I don't think anyone said they get stronger over time. They do lose energy, but not very fast. Obi-wan could have lasted thousands of years if he had wanted to, but if he had taught Luke everything, there wouldn't be any need for most of the Expanded Universe and that means less money for GL and that is bad.

Tangible God
Poor, poor GL. Imagine, having only a net worth of $10 billion when he should be twice that.

That poor, poor man.

atlant80
sad sad so sad

Tangible God
Just like Britney Spears. All she wanted was her own first-class jumbo jet with a dancing stage, bar, and hot tub. But, becasue people downloaded her music for free, she has to resort to flying over the starving people in Africa in only a regular private plane.

Poor, poor, Mrs. Federline.

Lord Simus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I don't think anyone said they get stronger over time. They do lose energy, but not very fast. Obi-wan could have lasted thousands of years if he had wanted to, but if he had taught Luke everything, there wouldn't be any need for most of the Expanded Universe and that means less money for GL and that is bad. \

I wasn't saying spirits get weaker, what I meant was the people who defeat those spirits are stronger than the spirits living form.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Lord Simus
\

I wasn't saying spirits get weaker, what I meant was the people who defeat those spirits are stronger than the spirits living form.

But what do you have to suggest this? Feats? Clearly not. Experience? No, not there either. Knowledge and capability? Perhaps, but there's not the evidence to confirm.

For one, this isn't as simple as "progression," the force isn't something that simply evolves, it's the force, it's the power that flows through any individual, Jedi and Sith don't make the force stronger, they still use the same force; if you want to theorize that the force-users get stronger, you'll need to back it up.

Lord Simus
Well theres nothing to suggest that they don't get stronger either. As for knowledge there is only one that I can think of that would have more knowledge than the ancient jedi and sith and that would be Yoda. I mean 850 years of experience has got to make him one of the greatest force users that ever lived.

Lord Janus
Originally posted by Lord Simus
Well theres nothing to suggest that they don't get stronger either. As for knowledge there is only one that I can think of that would have more knowledge than the ancient jedi and sith and that would be Yoda. I mean 850 years of experience has got to make him one of the greatest force users that ever lived.
Uh, the Force ghosts live in solitude, unable to feed their minds. Ever seen someone who was locked in say, solitary confinement for years on end? They're bats, their muscles atrophy, their brain has died not being able to be used. Just imagine the atrophy of a spirit that cannot feed its persona with any kind of stimulation or information, and cannot study or perfect techniques. Exar Kun's spirit was mad. Ajunta Pall's spirit was confused, having lost memories over the years. Obviously all that isloation takes its toll on them. I thought it was pretty obvious, but apparently it's not.

Lord Simus
I assumed Ajunta Pall kept his power. This evidence coming from KOTOR were if you piss his spirit off he gives you a warning not to aggravate him and that he still has his power.

Lord Janus
Yeah, but was it enough to kill Revan or his companions? Uh, no. Did he level the room or Force lightning everyone? make them all freeze? He doesn't do jack shit, and if that was what he was like in life or better, he must have been the sorriest dark jedi ever.

Lord Simus
I know that Pall sucks I mean he couldnt even weild his own sword without going crazy but he was still just as powerful as he was when he was alive.

Tangible God
I still don't see how a spirit, that you CAN walk through, could pick up a double bladed sword and fight. And your blade actually hurts it. Bad scripture on the writers behalf.

Brotz
Funny, everybody voted Ulic Qel-Droma, almost a year later, I have a feeling everybody would vote Bane.

Sexyback
Is this a saber duel? Ulic's best best is a saber duel, making it a force fight would be too much for Ulic, so I'll treat this thread as if it is a saber duel.

Ulic is most probably the better pure swordsman, but Bane is bigger, physically stronger, faster (-not actually 100% sure about that, Ulic has shown great feats of speed too, but imo Bane's are greater) and his mastery and strength with the force is greater.

Plus, his orbalisk armour is a huge advantage, the orbalisks are completely resistant to physical damage, including lightsaber strikes, and they cover his entire body, with the exception of a few joints, but these joints are so small that a lightsaber wouldn't even be able to pierce through them, so his body is essentially immune to lightsaber strikes.

But that's not all that the armour does, it pumps adrenaline and strength into his body, making him physically stronger and faster, and meaning that he would virtually never tire.

He also later developed a lightsaber resistant mask, so he is basically completely invulnerable to pretty much every physical attack, and his only real weak spot is the back of his head.

Yeah, Bane definitely takes this.

Kadesh
Dont forget that each scale of orbalisk weighs 1kg according to the dark side source book, and that could slow him down a little bit

And here is a badass pic of bane, strangely he wields a purple saber

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1006/baneaq5.png

General Kenobl
Orbalisk Bane will be just like our friend Vader, Kadesh. He's slow, but he makes up for it with tremendous lightsaber skill and Force strength.

As for the fight. Ulic would probably defeat Bane in a lightsaber clash. Bane would win in a Force fight. Overall, Bane wins with a significant amount of difficulty from Qel Droma.

Sexyback
Bullshit, Bane would never be a slow ass piece of crap like Vader is, don't be silly. The orbalisks easily give him more speed than they take away, they pump adrenaline into his body which makes him much more energized, and the DSSB was referring to the original orbalisks when it said that, not the offspring orbalisk.

General Kenobl
Ahhh....the anti-Vader fanboyism flaunted by our friend Planet once again.

Sexyback
I just find it insulting that you would compare Bane to Vader, when we can clearly see in BotS that the orbalisks hardly hinder Bane's ability in combat, he's still as ferocious as he was before.

General Kenobl
It's battlearmor my friend, it does weight a fighter down a bit. However, Vader > Bane and to compare Bane to Vader is more of a boost than a downfall.

Sexyback
To compare Bane's orbalisks to Vader's fat ass suit is a joke, Bane's orbalisk in no way hinder his movements, and with all the extra weight that they give, they more than make up for it with the adrenaline, strength and dark side energies that are pumped into Bane. Kenobl, you haven't read BotS, so don't argue from ignorance.

And no, Bane is leagues above Vader, don't be daft.

General Kenobl
That's wonderful, it is still battlearmor, and it will always hinder a Jedi, even if its a lot or less.

And there was a thread on Bane vs. Vader, and the Vader arguments proved he was greater than Bane.

Sexyback
Wrong. It's not just simply battle armour, they're darkside creatures, and as I said before, with all the extra weight they add, they more than make up for with the adrenaline, strength and dark side energies that they pump in.

You really are a fan or appeal to majority, aren't you? A bunch of whiny fanboys proves nothing, Bane is leagues above Vader with both a saber and the force.

Kadesh
Hold it there man, Each orbalisk scale weighs 1kg and he has his whole body covered with them

General Kenobl
No, it's not Appeal to Popular Opinion if there was an actual logical argument proving Vader > Bane. I go for the logical argument that makes sense, not an anti-fanboy of Vader who claims he would have gotten defeated by TPM Kenobi.

General Kenobl
Thank you Kadesh. Point proven again Planet.

Sexyback
Don't lie, I have the DSSB, and it is clearly referring to the original orbalisks, not the offspring orbalisks. Unless you want to argue that the fat ass orbalisks by Bane's chest weigh the same as the smaller ones lower down...

General Kenobl
It still weighs a good amount Planet. Enough to hinder Bane by a certain degree, high or low.

Sexyback
It easily makes up for the added weight with the adrenaline, strength and dark side energies it pumps into Bane's body, and we can clearly see from Bane in BotS that it affects his combat prowess in no negative way whatsoever. Again, Prodigal Knight, you haven't read Bane of the Sith, you haven't read PoD, I doubt you've even read JvS, so quit arguing from ignorance.

Kadesh
Orbalisks are orbalisks planet they have the same properties, A gun and a shotgun both have the same properties although both are still different, they are still Guns as are the orbalisks

Sexyback
Don't be silly, one is quite a lot bigger than the other, they will weigh differently.

Kadesh
So? banes entire body is covered with them, and he has 2 big orbalisk scales on his chest, check the picture again

Sexyback
My point was, not every single orbalisk weighs 1KG like you seemed to believe, and now it seems you're trying to pretend that you were never arguing that.

Kadesh
I did, but you came up with something i liked, they are smaller yes, but still even not being 1kg, So many of them still add weight to his body

Sexyback
All in all, I'd say they would probably weigh about 10 kgs, but really, it's no unknown for someone from pre PT times to wear battle armour, Ulic wears some himself.

Kadesh
Well exar revan sadow ragnos all wear armour, Pointless argueing anyways

xxXAcStylesXxx
Ulic beats him in a saber duel, Bane wins in the force.

darthsith19
This is Bane with his Orbalisks so he wins without alot of difficulty, IMO. And I doubt the Orbalisks slow him down as much as the suit slows down Vader, assuming the suit and the Orbalisks weigh the same Bane should be able to move alot faster than Vader still as Bane's FAR stronger physically that ROTS Anakin. Oh, and I already voted a long time ago, I probably did vote for Ulic. embarrasment

Kadesh
Acstyles just prove vader as of RODV > Bane, OT vader would rape bane

General Kenobl
First off, when you wear battlearmor, it will add weight and make you slower without it. Bane's Orbalisk armor adds at least a dozen pounds on him, and he will be slowed. The benefits of the armor doesn't matter. Bane's armor helps him as Vader's armor keep him alive and protects him from lightsaber strikes. Nevertheless, the armor does not make you faster, it makes you slower. It doesn't take a genius to know that.

Next, it's QUINLAN to you. Only individuals who I hold with high regard (Kadesh, Advent, Escape, Darth Sexy, Lightsnake, Subjekt, etc) are allowed to call me by my higher self. LOL!

Finally, me not reading PoD has nothing to me knowing about the effects of battlearmor. Battlearmor has benefits, but it add weight to the one who wears. And FYI, I have read JvS.

Sexyback
Kenobl, read BotS, you are arguing out of ignorance, and you have no clue what you're talking about.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Bane of the Sith

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?books=560

xxXAcStylesXxx
The fact that Bane would have gotten torn apart by a damn bird had it not been for his amour speaks volumes for the decrease of speed.

darthsith19
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
The fact that Bane would have gotten torn apart by a damn bird had it not been for his amour speaks volumes for the decrease of speed.
"Bane slashed with his lightsaber, but the flying creature raked sideways with its dangling talons"
No, it doesn't have to do with his speed but the fact that the bird dodged the blade. Speeking for the bird's speed and not a decrease in speed for Bane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.