Episode III DVD Anticipation [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eXSBass
Episode III is around the corner. Alot of DVD stuff will then leakforth after the release. Revenge will become an instant hit and people will create threads left, right and centre.
There's already some DVD stuff coming through TFN.
Well, here's a thread to keep all the Revenge of the Sith DVD stuff in. It might seem rediculous now, but when everyone see's this thread they'll become familiar with it and post in it meaning less/none DVD threads.

So let the anticipation begin.

Seeing as it's the last DVD, do you reckon it'll be something special like 4 disks or something?

astrofan428
I am just hoping it comes out fast, like LotR when it ended.

macgeek2005
I'm not gonna be able to wait till November, i'll have to get a bootleg or sumthin.

IRON EDDIE 666
Instead of one big documentary and one little one like on the episode II dvd, i like to see one huge documentary, covering the entire making of process of episode III, like the begining, but better. big grin

JKozzy
It'll be two disc. No reason for any more. There'll be a 12 disc set or something I'm sure by Christmas, or sometime in 2006.

DarkYoda
I'd like to see a 3 disc version. Maybe an extra 30 minutes of deleted scenese or something. big grin

JKozzy
It'd be nice, but they're not going to break from the 2-disc tradition. TPM and AOTC were like that, so I doubt they'd do that. Plus, where would they fit the third one? Also, they've gotta hold some special features back for the inevitable 6-movie collection.

DarkYoda
What would be most desired is if they had a regular 2 disc release and then an extended version, 4 disc set later (mirroring LOTR).

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by DarkYoda
What would be most desired is if they had a regular 2 disc release and then an extended version, 4 disc set later (mirroring LOTR).

oh, yes that would be really nice yes

Lord Tyrant
I'm gonna explode to see what Doc. they got on the DVD. I really enjoyed from "Puppets to Pixels" in AOTC Dvd.

astrofan428
E1 had The Beginning, E3 should have The End.

jedijunky1138
How would you guys like to see a complete set with the deleted scenes inserted into the movies? You know kinda like the LOTR DVDs.

tlbauerle
Doesn't this seem a bit premature? I mean...if you really want to see the film over and over...it'll be in the theatres (both first run and dollar) until fall anyways.

astrofan428
That is why he said anticipation.

This will be the biggest DVD since the LotR DVDs. Star Wars dvd's have set high standards, and this movie is expected to deliver on everything else, it will deliver on dvd too.

tlbauerle
I just think that talking about the DVD release anticipation is a bit early since we are still anticipating the film for seventeen more days.

J-Unit
i already have the 5 films on dvd but can't wait til november damnit why is it always have to such a long time just to make a dvd version of an episode

Général Grievou
About what aspect of the production could be the long making of in ROTS DVD ?

In TPM it was the global production, AOTC the digital characters and may be for ROTS the fight trainings because this film contains a lot of fight.

ccoo
I agree that Episode III DVD will be exactly like Episode I & II. It will have the movie & commentaries on Disc 1. On Disc 2 it will have 2 documentaries, usually one about the whole making-of process, then one on the special effects process. Also they will have trailers & TV Spots. Then they usually have between 7-10 deleted scenes (I am really looking forward to these. ) Also I believe they have about 12 web documentaries, and usually 3 short featurettes covering various subjects. And there always is an easter egg. Pretty much that is the standard for the Prequel DVD's, but then there will be the box set of all 6 movies in the next year or two!

The Ones
once news of the saga box set is confirmed, im taking my ass out of this chair and sell my dvds down the car boot sale and/or sell them to game

astrofan428
I just cant wait because I know this going to be that one dvd I use to showoff my setup to friends.

Everyone with surround sound and a decent tv knows they have one movie they use to showoff. Right now mine is still E2.

kashmircat
i remember all the hoopla about the AotC dvd cos it was the first time most people had seen a digital version of the film...that's the main reason i'll be looking forward to the ep III dvd

Darth_Vader05
I have heard that the Revenge Of The Sith DVD will come out on the first tuesday of Novemember.

tlbauerle
Word is November 15th....

DeVi| D0do
I hope it has a better documentary than the AOTC one... man did that suck!

I liked the TPM one...

SuperFooB
Ya I liked TPM documentary a lot. Does anyone know if they are planning to release Episode III on UMD for the PSP?

tlbauerle
Puppets to Pixels was crap...I'm tired of GL touting the SFX and the end all be all of movies...I really didn't see the need to have that be an hour long doc...TPM doc was awesome....Empire of dreams was too...

eXSBass
Yeh. Exactly. TPM doc's were excellent. AOTC were rubbish

The Ones
i liked the AOTC doc's.

LandoSpeeder2
I like AOTC's doc's but TPM's was better, it followed more on shooting the film rather then after all of it was done and just show all after stuff and editing. Though I do love to watch 'sound isn't released it escapes' or whatever it is called. but at least the webdocs are really good.

The Ones
its called: "films are not released, they escape" and your right.

LandoSpeeder2
Yeah that's it.

Darth Jello
I hope the DVD has something similar to the hulk dvd. an anatomical study of Grievous and Vader and what exactly all their cybernetics are and what's behind the mask. in fact, as far as i've heard, the promised scene where we see Grievous sans mask has been cut.

Général Grievou
in fact, as far as i've heard, the promised scene where we see Grievous sans mask has been cut.

No, in fact it was a project which never go futher as the design'stage.

Général Grievou
DOUBLE POST

ShotgunWes
It is possible to fit more than 2 discs into a DVD case. It's called Amaray packaging. They can fit up to 6 discs in a normal sized DVD case. I'm not saying that's what they will do for episode III, but it can be done. For the Episode III DVD I think we'll get a the big documentary on the fights of Ep III and the smaller one will be of the digital character.

Supermann98
We all know that George Lucas is "all about the Benji's" (ex. creating Jar Jar and Grievious in order to appease to a younger audience, sell more toys, etc. I could go on and on)

So how long will we have to wait for the DVD for ROTS to come out?
Christmas? NEXT Christmas? Will he even offer it by itself or will you have to buy the trilogy? Even worse ... will you have to buy the 6 movie set? I have the OT on DVD and I have Episode 1 and 2 as well. I have a feeling GL is gonna stick it to us when it comes time for ROTS to come out. Anyone have any news/rumours?

Texansfan05
November, 2005

Sith Master X
November, just like AOTC.

smoker4
Yes i concur thumb up

nice sig sith smile

Darth Subjekt
i would say if he were smart, wait til Christmas. The desire and want for it would be high, coupled with the the extra want for Christmas presents, it would be a killer. But, i think he will prolly go with Nov, and then maybe do something extra for Xmas.

astrofan428
I think November would be good, most big summer movies hit in November. That way they get the inititial rush of sales as well as everyone who doesnt have it yet will get it for X-Mas.

vader519
November is a great time to get it and they already confirmed that the DVD will be released in November. The demand is already going to be there when the movie comes out, and lets not forget that the biggest shoppping time of the year is the day after thanksgiving, with all the slaes, so you know people are going to buy it when it comes out.

Darth Plagueis
Yeah Ep.3 in November, probably a prequel trilogy box set after that, then a saga box set of all 6, then special editions of 1,2, & 3, then a special editions boxed set.........and so on.
And there will probably be some small extra feature in each that will make most of us morons buy them all and further GLs quest to be richer than god.

LandoSpeeder2
Yep, I don't know why but I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying all the movies like 5 times withen the next 5 years.

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
Yep, I don't know why but I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying all the movies like 5 times withen the next 5 years. Exactly!! I heard that they re-released Ep. 1 & 2 a week or 2 ago, and I am unable to fight the urge to at least SEE if there is anything new or different with these releases.

tlbauerle
The movie isn't even freakin' out yet and we are already having multiple DVD threads????????????????? WTF man...WTF.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t339545.html

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Exactly!! I heard that they re-released Ep. 1 & 2 a week or 2 ago, and I am unable to fight the urge to at least SEE if there is anything new or different with these releases. They re released everything, even that wookiee thingy. Believe it or not either today or tomorrow I'm going to go buy episode I just because My granddad tour of the cover, and for some reason when episode III comes out I want to see episodes I-VI all on the side of the DVD case. geek

vader519
There is nothing new on the dvds. They are the same versions when they came out. They are being re-released because after all the store sold out of them, the dvd went into hibernation, which means they do not send any more dvds to store because they do not want them just sitting on the self.

eXSBass
Bump for people

Ken Kenobi
Merging is fun! Happy Dance

eXSBass
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Merging is fun! Happy Dance

Indeed it is Happy Dance

Stunrun
Im not gonna waste money buying them over and over again. When and If they bring out the 6 DVD's boxset, ill just take the box to store my old ones instick out tongue makes sense! and if Lucas trys to change them again, i couldnt give a damn. His ultimate vision i feel is now complete, no need to tamper with it (though i wouldnt doubt him doing so messed )

once ROTS comes out on DVD, i will then have a saga that IM happy about. If he changes them again, then so be it, im not buying 'emno

Ken Kenobi
I will get the PT Box Set once it comes out, and then the SAGA Box Set once that comes out.

Mostly for the boxes and the extra special features that will surely be included.

The older sets I will then sell on eBay so I'm not just sitting here with multiple DVD's.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I will get the PT Box Set once it comes out, and then the SAGA Box Set once that comes out.

Mostly for the boxes and the extra special features that will surely be included.

The older sets I will then sell on eBay so I'm not just sitting here with multiple DVD's. That was my plan, but I'm going to keep the boxes. stick out tongue

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
That was my plan, but I'm going to keep the boxes. stick out tongue

Of course!

macgeek2005
I'm going to buy everything. When Episode III comes out i'll buy that. when the Prequel Trilogy Comes out, i'll buy that. When the Saga Box set comes out i'll buy that. and so on....

Ken Kenobi
*coughNERDcough*

That's so awesome macgeek!

.:Space Opera:.
"Originally posted by DarkYoda
What would be most desired is if they had a regular 2 disc release and then an extended version, 4 disc set later (mirroring LOTR)."

if anything, GL wil not MIRROR LOTR, he's stubburn like that. itll be like every other star wars dvds with two disks: commentary on one and special features/deleted scenes. why would they totally trash their original plans for this particular movie? what he will do is after everybody buys the ep. 3 dvd he will release the ULTIMATE DVD PACK!!!!! which will have a shit oad of stuff including deleted scenes from the OT.

Batman316
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Yeah Ep.3 in November, probably a prequel trilogy box set after that, then a saga box set of all 6, then special editions of 1,2, & 3, then a special editions boxed set.........and so on.
And there will probably be some small extra feature in each that will make most of us morons buy them all and further GLs quest to be richer than god.

need I say more?

for the record I will pirate <.< >.> ROTS just as I have all the others until the Ultimate Boxset of DOOM is released. Then I will get all 6, plus the box and the extra footage.

With all the stuff that show up on the other single DVD's I will simply come to his board, do a SEARCH ], find the right thread, and then a working link and download whatever it is that I'm missing.

Yes I am a cheapskate but the Batmobile chews the petrol so I need every cent I can spare. Fighting crime isn't cheap.

eXSBass
Let's get the anticipation going bitches! stick out tongue

Delta 62
What would be fantastic for the DVD release of Episode III, is for Lucas to go back and shoot the alternate ending featured in the game. Anakin kills Obi and Sidious and declares himself ruler of the galaxy. It'd be an awesome addition; perfect for the DVD.

Someone should start a petition or something..get Lucas's attention..

eXSBass
It seems some people need a reminder this thread exists.

CinematicESP
You know how each DVD has three different menus on three different planets? What do you predict the three menus will be on the ROTS DVDs?

I'm betting Mustafar, Utapau, and Corsucant. Though I'd rather not see Coruscant because we've already seen it. Kashyyyk would be cool.

eXSBass
I'm thinking Kshyyyk, Mustafar and Utapau

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.