The Runaway Bride [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
People are getting crazier each and every day I live to see...roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20050430/0810913662.htm&ewp=ewp_news_0405cold_feet

Deano
the stupid bint

Morbid4Daniel
yep.

Fishy
God thats insane... There are better ways to get out of a wedding then faking a kidnapping

Ketchuptome
That some stupid shit

smoker4
She's 32? damn she must have had a hard paper round

innit!

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by Fishy
God thats insane... There are better ways to get out of a wedding then faking a kidnapping

Totally I mean if she really didnt want to get married she shouldve thought about that before she said yes when he popped the question. She's an oaf.

Fishy
Or have told him in front of the altar...

That always looks good in movies

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
People are getting crazier each and every day I live to see...roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20050430/0810913662.htm&ewp=ewp_news_0405cold_feet

http://www2.big.or.jp/~bkmoon2/inu/images/Dsc_6987.jpgShame shame on them.JM
smile

smoker4
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
smile

Linky no worky smokin'

pr1983
delete the shame part...

smoker4
Originally posted by pr1983
delete the shame part...

Thanks pr, wow bit of an anticlimax smokin'

Lana
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
smile

1. What does that have to do with anything? Certainly not on topic...
2. Cosplay is cool big grin

Dudester
Sorry if this has already been done but what do yall about this whole fisaco? I think it is so crazy!!

LifeIsKillingMe
whaat?

shellie
droolio omg...Richard Gere is so hot!

Julia Roberts...id do her maybe once erm

cute movie yes

GuitarBunny
booooooo!!!!!!

chelsea17
I loveee that movie

cindy8219
Originally posted by Dudester
Sorry if this has already been done but what do yall about this whole fisaco? I think it is so crazy!!

This woman needs to publicly apologize to those who were worried sick about her.

shellie
Originally posted by chelsea17
I loveee that movie tis fun to watch Richard Gere and Julia Roberts together on the big screen happy

not to mention Richard Gere is HOT HOT HOT!!!! droolio

dark1365
The end was pretty funny,

shellie
Originally posted by dark1365
The end was pretty funny, it was beautiful...the wedding at the very end was nicehappy

chelsea17
Originally posted by shellie
tis fun to watch Richard Gere and Julia Roberts together on the big screen happy

not to mention Richard Gere is HOT HOT HOT!!!! droolio

My mom likes Richard Gere too.....It was a cute couple movie

shellie
Originally posted by chelsea17
My mom likes Richard Gere too.....It was a cute couple movie *sighs* yeah...a couple movie indeed.

PrinceofBlades
I don't know, I think the movie was kinda stupid. :/ I liked that Hector Elizondo, he was funny in the movie.

PrinceofBlades
*erm

silver_tears
Ummmm there's an actual runaway bride laughing out loud

See the crazy chick here!

I'm all for charging her thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Has there ever been a runaway groom?

-AC

Draco69
DULUTH, Ga. (May 2) - A jilted bridegroom and a town full of puzzled residents may not be all that Jennifer Wilbanks faces as she tries to restore her shattered life. There's also the possibility the runaway bride could face charges.

Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter vowed Sunday to look into whether Wilbanks, 32, violated the law by reporting a crime that didn't exist after a much-publicized case of cold feet.

Wilbanks initially told authorities she was abducted while jogging, but later disclosed she took a cross-country bus trip to Albuquerque, N.M., to avoid her lavish, 600-guest wedding.

Porter said Wilbanks could face a misdemeanor charge of false report of a crime or a felony charge of false statements. The misdemeanor carries a penalty of up to a year in jail; five years in prison is the maximum sentence for the felony.

''If there's criminal responsibility, that's something I have to do something about,'' Porter said. ''I think it's really going to depend on the circumstances on how this was done.''

Porter said he would speak on Monday to police in Albuquerque, where Wilbanks turned up late Friday and called her fiance and police to report that she had been kidnapped.

Before the plane landed in Atlanta Saturday night, a flight attendant gave reporters aboard a statement from the Wilbanks family. "She has spoken to her fiance. He cannot wait to see her. She says the wedding is not called off, just postponed."

Despite angry calls from some residents, authorities in Albuquerque said they had no plans to charge Wilbanks, though they haven't ruled out the possibility.

''We don't have to charge everybody,'' said Albuquerque police spokeswoman Trish Ahrensfield. ''We have discretion. We are human beings. We have feelings and we are professional at the same time.''

By all accounts, authorities in Albuquerque befriended the woman.

Wilbanks boarded her plane wearing a new FBI hat, blazer, polo shirt and pants and carrying a new tote bag and teddy bear, a gift from the aviation police chief. She flew first-class - thanks to tickets bought by her parents - and said she planned to name the bear ''Al,'' for Albuquerque.

''Law enforcement is really making a major move to deal with people in crisis,'' Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schulz said Sunday. ''Miss Wilbanks was definitely a person in crisis.''

But in Georgia, the Gwinnett County district attorney noted that vast law-enforcement resources were used to look for the missing bride for more than three days.

Meanwhile Sunday, members of Peachtree Corners Baptist Church, where Wilbanks' fiance, John Mason is a member, said prayers and expressed concern for the couple. Wilbanks and Mason did not attend services Sunday morning.

The Rev. Bob Horner thanked church members who had helped in the search and provided support for family members.

''Number one, we are so thankful that Jennifer has been found,'' Horner told the congregation. ''Number two, I want to publicly thank all of you who prayed and you who went to Duluth to be with the family.''

An FBI spokesman said that Wilbanks apparently made a sudden decision to flee her looming wedding and did not realize hundreds of people were looking for her. But he also noted she cut her hair to avoid being recognized.

After she disappeared last week without her keys, wallet or diamond ring, more than 100 officers led a search that involved several hundred volunteers, including many wedding guests and members of the bridal party.

Porter said he had no jurisdiction over the woman's initial 911 call in Albuquerque, in which she told an operator she was kidnapped by a man and a woman in their 40s who were driving a blue van. Through sobs, she told the dispatcher they had a small handgun. But Porter said Wilbanks could be charged for reporting her kidnapping story over the phone to Duluth Police Chief Randy Belcher.

After being questioned by the FBI, Wilbanks confessed that she had not been abducted. They say she instead had cold feet about her wedding and left Georgia on a bus to Las Vegas. She then took a bus to Albuquerque soon before her call.

Last year, a Wisconsin college student who faked her own abduction and turned up curled in a fetal position in a marsh was given three years' probation for obstructing police and was ordered to repay police at least $9,000 for their search.

Associated Press writer Anna Macias Aguayo in Albuquerque, N.M. contributed to this report

Mainstream
I heard about that on the radio...and I live in Ga by the way.

dark1365
Originally posted by shellie
it was beautiful...the wedding at the very end was nicehappy
Oh, I meant the part where her friends like "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! She finally did it!"

botankus
This chick went to my high school (North Hall). She was two grades ahead of me. She was a varsity cheerleader. I didn't know her, though.

rubber dickie
what a dumb b!tch. if you don't wanna marry the dood, just say so.

Mainstream
she just wanted some attention.

rubber dickie
then she shoulda joined a beauty pageant or something...

Mainstream
true.sexykaren

vagaryatwill
I think she should be charged with something for allowing the authorities to search for her and waste valuable resources.

silver_tears
I think the fact she made the call to the police is outrageous, stupid cow!

cindy8219
I still think she should apologize to those who were worried about her. Look at what she made her family go through.

IceWithin
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

somewhy I have no doubt there has been laughing out loud

WindDancer
Seems like this woman has spark quite a few threads. No problemo...all merged.

O.A.R21
haha!

Darth Jello
my first thought about this-"How the **** is this news?"

Capt_Fantastic
I was talking to my mother the other day and she said that "if the b*tch was in my family, and she wasn't dead when they found her, she damn well would be now."

GCG
embarrasing at the least ;

erm

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Guys are too dumb..we always wait until after the wedding until we run away..by that point all our money, dreams, hopes, and aspirations run away as well, after the b*tch files for a divorce..lol..

Dudester
I cant believe this story but i do feel sorry for her-- she obviously has a lot of problems that she needs to deal with. did you hear that her husband is going to stay with her?

Dudester
I cant believe this story but i do feel sorry for her-- she obviously has a lot of problems that she needs to deal with. did you hear that her finance is going to still marry her?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.