The Book of Five Rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrAnCeDuO
im surprised nobody has created a thread on this book. has anyone read it? its by a famous Japanese duelist named Miyamoto Musashi who fought somewhere around 60 duels.

TrAnCeDuO
nobody has read this book yet!?

TrAnCeDuO
*final bump*

TrAnCeDuO
nah scratch that i wont give up until someone posts

masterkit
Ill read it when my friend (Son of Boromir on KMC) finishes it

BUT IT SOUNDS GREAT

TrAnCeDuO
good... if people on here wont talk about it then ill be happy to promote it. if you go here you can read a few samples from the book. But trust me when i say that all of the readings on there are just samples(although the wisdom shouldnt be ignored because of its presented simplicity) the passages in the book itself is at times kind of hard to learn. In the end though, its worth it.

masterkit
im asumin that

Son of Boromir
Im gonna read it as soon as i finish the 6 unfortunate events book again

then i have a stack still.

I want to read it alot and my bro loaned to me so yeah and i just signed up for karate so i really wanna read it

but i heard some kool stuff about Miyamoto Musashi

TrAnCeDuO
yeah it gives a brief biography of him in it and the duels that he fought. still a lot of the stuff that he wrote in the book is amazing yet so simple and practical. not only has he wrote it for the field but also for everything you'll encounter in life. (i intend to apply it to fighting first then to everyday since its easier to understand that aspect more relevant.)

Son of Boromir
I started it and so far its awsome im only in the water chapter but ive even started trying to follow his nine rules.

And im gonna try his sword fighting

Zarathustra
Read it years ago. I found it to be mostly common sense, though it did have some interesting insights. Obviously, some of it was pretty inaccessible on account of the fact that I'm unlikely to be dueling samurai anytime soon.

Son of Boromir
I finished it and loved it his rules to self reliance seem hard and i did lose myself somtime be if MASTERKIT!!!, whould READ IT, i would look it over agin

And it makes me feel commmitted to karate

masterkit
stick out tongue

masterkit
u got off MSN! SOB

masterkit
SOB (Son of Boromir)

Great Vengeance
I read some of it, it seemed too simple and vague to me...but I suppose the man knows what hes talking about.

masterkit
its on my list but i have to read three more books before i can get to it

WindDancer
Pick it up last Sunday. Just read the intro and according to the guy translating the book it says that Miyamoto Musashi was underfeated!? Wow!

Rather odd thing...I found this book in the Business section. I kept looking in the Biography section and to my surprise the book is actually consider a business book. blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.