Blackbolt vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K Von Doom
Have these two ever fought?

Khellendros
I heard that they did, not sure if there was a definite winner though.

pridewalker
I'm doing research, I need opinions and thoughts on some marvel 2nd and 3rd tier characters, on Warpath, Risque, Kylun, Post, Forge, Flex, Archer, Fixx, Scanner, and Thunderbird III (Neal Sharra) Thanks

snoopdogg
Being Norrin is faster than the speed of sound would the scream even work on him?

Dizzle
It's not sound... It screws with electrons in an area around BB. It affects things at the atomic level, and is therefore insanely hard to withstand.

Nixing the scream, I think Surfer has a good chance. The powers are actually similar, but I think Surfer's are just a notch higher. He's THE guy for matter manipulation, his blasts are freaking ginormous, and he definitely has a BIG speed advantage. Black Bolt's the ultimate "silent but deadly" badass of the MU, but I think Norrin edges him out.

I doubt Surfer takes a scream though... While it's grossly out of character for BB to start the match that way, it could get him quite a few wins. Though I suppose if he's doing that, Surfer would be speedblitzing too...

Khellendros
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Being Norrin is faster than the speed of sound would the scream even work on him?
The scream isn't just sound. Man, I'm going to have to put that in my sig or something, so many people ask that. Anyways, the scream is quasi-sonic. The sound he makes is loud and probably damaging but the real destruction is caused by a wave of transformative energy. Basically, its matter manipulation, but without all the control. Break something down but don't turn it into something else.

snoopdogg
If written correctly Norrin is faster than light which should travel faster than the quasi-sonic energy.

Speed is the difference here.

Khellendros
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If written correctly Norrin is faster than light which should travel faster than the quasi-sonic energy.

Speed is the difference here.
Gladiator is pretty fast too. Didn't stop him catching a whipser in the face and getting knocked out. It's all about how you use it, and Black Bolt is a damn smart fighter.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Khellendros
Gladiator is pretty fast too. Didn't stop him catching a whipser in the face and getting knocked out. It's all about how you use it, and Black Bolt is a damn smart fighter.

Course, that was Gladiator being a dumbass. He wasn't exactly playing Mr. Evasive. Surfer's overall speed is MUCH better than BB's. He couldn't outrun the scream, but he could most likely take out BB before BB gets one off. (I don't think his regular durability is all that godly... he has force fields, but those take time too)

I'm gonna say Surfer 8/10 without the scream, 6/10 with it. (I'm incorporating SOME of the character personalities with these... If BB's gonna scream right away, Surfer should, by all rights, be going light speed plus at the bell and dropping a couple planet-busting shots before BB reacts. I give BB 2 without the scream, and say he gets 2 more with it)

TheKahn
When BB goes all out his scream is equivalent to a nuclear explosion. But the surfer could handle that (so long as he doesn't fly right up to
BB and take it on the chin). SS could take him out at a distance, and also might get a bit of a warning right before BB tries his scream as SS can sense patterns of energy around him

snoopdogg
Originally posted by TheKahn
When BB goes all out his scream is equivalent to a nuclear explosion. But the surfer could handle that (so long as he doesn't fly right up to
BB and take it on the chin). SS could take him out at a distance, and also might get a bit of a warning right before BB tries his scream as SS can sense patterns of energy around him Is that Raziel in your avatar?

TheKahn
yep. Gotta love the undead vampire. If he were only a undead vampire pirate he'd really kick ass

Khellendros
Originally posted by Dizzle
Course, that was Gladiator being a dumbass. He wasn't exactly playing Mr. Evasive. Surfer's overall speed is MUCH better than BB's. He couldn't outrun the scream, but he could most likely take out BB before BB gets one off. (I don't think his regular durability is all that godly... he has force fields, but those take time too)

I'm gonna say Surfer 8/10 without the scream, 6/10 with it. (I'm incorporating SOME of the character personalities with these... If BB's gonna scream right away, Surfer should, by all rights, be going light speed plus at the bell and dropping a couple planet-busting shots before BB reacts. I give BB 2 without the scream, and say he gets 2 more with it)
Gladiator may not have been that bright, but Silver Surfer has been known to take a fight up close as well. If he does that, he's just a spoken word away from losing.

Originally posted by TheKahn
BB and take it on the chin).
His scream is sooo much more powerful than a conventional nuke currently. Spoken words from him are enough to break barriers Skrull-made nukes couldn't breach.

golem370
Well I believe Silver Surfer is more then capable of taking Black Bolts Scream at point blank range. Because he had Galactus use powers on him and Thanos to and yes he died by Thanos but he still lives. He to durable he might even absord the scream some how. He might even grab BB by the neck and crush his throat.

Khellendros
Originally posted by golem370
Well I believe Silver Surfer is more then capable of taking Black Bolts Scream at point blank range. Because he had Galactus use powers on him and Thanos to and yes he died by Thanos but he still lives. He to durable he might even absord the scream some how. He might even grab BB by the neck and crush his throat.
Full on scream? No way. It might not kill him but it will put him out.

thesilverspider
u dont know about that scream sonny u should see wat a whisper alone is capable of

Khellendros
Originally posted by thesilverspider
u dont know about that scream sonny u should see wat a whisper alone is capable of
Who, me?

thesilverspider
no golem who obviously dont know about bb

KillAll

when did gladiator and BB fight?

kgkg
Full on scream? No way. It might not kill him but it will put him out.
Indeed.

But is Full Scream more powerful that Supernova, or Korvac's world destroying attack.

SS wins due to his many powers

complexbrother
Surfer flies through suns for fun . Black Bolt's power would do little to harm Surfer.

Soujaboy
Although Blackbolt is a badass, Surfer takes the majority.

Mindship
I'm gonna simplify this:

Forget who has what power or whatever. Consider it simply as a matter of who can generate the greater amount of energy, more wattage, if you will. And on that count, if we consider on-panel feats of what each character has actually done, in terms of raw power display, I believe Surfer takes this. He can generate (or for that matter, absorb) much more energy than Black Bolt.

Surfer 7/10.

thedude1948
Surfer has enough power to blow up planets, Im pretty sure Blackbolts scream cannot do this. Surfer takes this he is just too powerful for Blackbolt.

kgkg
Originally posted by thedude1948
Surfer takes this he is just too powerful for Blackbolt. Am pretty sure it can.

Beside SS has laughed at planet destroying attack before

MightyEInherjar
I think Black Bolt is shaping up to be one of my favorite characters. The guy is nuts, even though I haven't seen tons of him.

kgkg
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
I think Black Bolt is shaping up to be one of my favorite characters. The guy is nuts, even though I haven't seen tons of him. he pawns big grin

ExtraMision5555
Surfer takes the majority, although BB could defend himself atelast for a while, i think SS's energy projection/matter maniuplation is a bit above BB's. I think a scream though would bring surfer to his knees. But like stated before if that was the case, surfer shuold be speedblitzing. In BB's defense though, he has dodged a speed blitz before, but not on par with Surfer. Still good though. I think BB would be a decent match for surfer, as in it would be an anus beating, but Everything BB could potentially throw out at SS with the exception of his scream, i think SS is prepaired for, thus

Surfer 8/10

SpunkySmurph
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7656/blackboltfeat16gt.gif

Faceman
I have scans on a quick tussle between the two, hold on...

Rols
Yeah i think i remember them fighting in the moon or somethin like it..

Faceman
Scans tomorrow folks.

Faceman
Lets see Black Bolt do this. http:www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/

DevilGoblin
Good fight.BB wins IMO

Horrificus
BB cannot handle what SS has got. He's a "World-Beater". Top Tier.
They are even kind of similar in personality. Both kind of grim and brooding, but "good".
Surfer is several times stronger physically. Unbelievably faster. And, his power dwarfs BB's. And, that isn't even going into the energy and mater manipulation stuff.
Leave BB alone. He can't win this, and as far as I am concerned, he shouldn't have to. I would hope that BB, if he had to go up against SS, would be written in a way where he would use his smarts to come up with a way to battle SS without just matching mis-matched powers.
BB deserves more respect than that.

Mindship
Originally posted by Horrificus
Leave BB alone. He can't win this, and as far as I am concerned, he shouldn't have to. I would hope that BB, if he had to go up against SS, would be written in a way where he would use his smarts to come up with a way to battle SS without just matching mis-matched powers.
BB deserves more respect than that.

Well said. BB is in danger of being infected by Wolverinitis.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Mindship
Well said. BB is in danger of being infected by Wolverinitis.

Agreed.

Jesse7
Black bolts full scream was able to gain the attention of a abstract like entity, I am not sure if it was multiversal or not, does anyone have the scans of it?

He didnt dammage it, but the fact that he was able to gain its attention was a feat in itself.

Rols
Yeah it was this guy...
http://www.knightmare6.com/faq/cosmic_entities_marvel/vortex.html
Collected Galaxies...
He was probably mostly annoyed...

Mindship
Likely, Surfer or Thor could do likewise (ie, gain V's attntn).

Rols
most likely...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.