The thing in the jungle??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ness
What do you think the thing in thejungle is?? I think its a dinosar... what are your belifes

Pirate_monkey
isnt it a polar bear?

SeptemberRain
well there is the polar bear and there is something else.

But i think Boone's hallucination may have hinted as to what it is

xo_claire_xo
It didnt hint strong enough then as im still clueless as to what it is lol

Ness
i know there i a polar bear in the jungle but i dont know what the thing was that keeps nocking down the trees ..

SeptemberRain
Originally posted by xo_claire_xo
It didnt hint strong enough then as im still clueless as to what it is lol

in the episode with Boone's hallucination, it kinda looked like a giant worm or something. But i really have no idea

Ness
i hope that show some of it befor the sason finale

forumcrew
poor writing dealing with the "creature" it comes and goes to often and people walk around care free now like it never existed

Ness
ya i thiought that the story was going to revolve around the creature.. but that died out..

Mistah DEVIL
It's supposed to show up again soon

Ness
i think that they will show the thing in the jungle at the finale

xo_claire_xo
Originally posted by forumcrew
poor writing dealing with the "creature" it comes and goes to often and people walk around care free now like it never existed

I was thinking that! confused

Also, remember John Locke has actually come face to face with it in an earlier episode & no more was said about that?!? mad

Ness
i hate when writers do that

Mistah DEVIL
Why is that John knows so much about the island?

Ness
he is GOD on the island that is ..

charmedFairy
yep they will show some of it in the season finale, locke said that it was the most beautifulest thing he'd ever seen confused

angelic
I think that the creature is some kind of a really big polar bear or another really big animal, maybe a new kind of animal that only lives on that island. But it can't just be a little polar bear because something like that can't keep nocking down the trees...
And about Locke he saw it but i wonder why he didn't say anything more about it...

sblomie545
i think it may be like a supernatural thing

something we wouldn't expect
something... unnatural
something.. weird

Ness
well it wouldhave to be big b/c there was one episode that they were getting attacked.. when they went looking for the black box.. and that was up in the trees

¤Freak-N-Lost¤
Well its big and beautiful...and it seems to like mauling people but not eating them....Hmmm...Oh yeah n the Doc says it ain't a dino so i have n fing idea what the heck it is no expression

Ness
it is impossivle to know

¤Freak-N-Lost¤
Improbale....someone has to know wat it is no expression

Ness
i think its one of those things were you think what the thing is...

sblomie545
...and then its not what you were thinking

or its something that you've never seen/heard of
confused

Ness
YA I HATE THOSE TYPE OF SHOWS.. BUT I LOVE THIS SHOWW

Darth Macabre
a huge snake of some sort.

darktim1
It's not a snake it had more than four legs when I paused it on my vcr it looks like ghost or something that lives off of fear.

choosewisely
locke: i looked into the eyes of this island....and what I saw WAS BEAUTIFUL<<so that was bout the 'monster' ay?

yodafan
Ok the monster can control Smoke or something? Did you see that, it was freaky...

Morning_Glory
I think the monster is invisible.. but also thought that was gay

or maybe the monster swallowed the dynamite and that was a burp... you know the smoke we saw afterwards confused

Darth Macabre
Hmm can control smoke, is beautiful, and makes a cool sound when it moves. LoL pretty cool monster if you ask me.

Morning_Glory
the monster is "beautiful" ...you cant see it... so we dont know what it looks like... I think it is an invisible monster erm

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by choosewisely
locke: i looked into the eyes of this island....and what I saw WAS BEAUTIFUL<<so that was bout the 'monster' ay?
I like your siggy smile

^ i forgot about Locke saying that embarrasment

sblomie545
i never saw locke look scared until that night right before the commercial break and he was on the ground

he looked so scared... and that friggin scared me!! locke went after the damn thing!! lol he wasn't scared then. but then he saw it and he was like... ohhh f*uck

Morning_Glory
Locke is so weird

sblomie545
haha he is

choosewisely
the monster walks like an elephant o.s.....DANG.....DANG.....DANG.....DANG

sblomie545
i think the monster is like something we've never seen before

DarthMandalore
locke said in an interwiew : ".. so is it a great big beast on four legs or does it alk on two?" A: " well, my impression was that it was on two legs..."

sblomie545
yeah same here

Hooverman
Originally posted by sblomie545
i think it may be like a supernatural thing

something we wouldn't expect
something... unnatural
something.. weird
yeah Area 51

black robb
maybe Sawyer can shoot it too...Sawyer is the man....

xLiNdS x 622x
Isnt it a machine? embarrasment

Hooverman
i dont know

Hooverman
Originally posted by xLiNdS x 622x
Isnt it a machine? embarrasment i don't think it is confused

xandert88
ok people heres some stuff you probably dont know. The producers of the show have said that absoloutly everything on the island has a scientific explanation. So theres definatly no magic or time travel or any shit. Also the monster is mechanical coz you can hear all the gears and chains whenever it moves. and its underground. it uproots trees by going underneath them.
The producers also say that when you see the monster you wont really be surprised. Youll be like 'ok thats what it is. hum' like its not that crazy. And last but not least. In the scene where locke goes after the monster but then gets scared of it. YOu see a close up of his face. If you look carefully into his eyes. you see a vague outline of part of the monster. The producers said you should be able to tell what it is from this. But i froze the screen and that bit and looked for 20 mins and had no idea. So download it and have a look people. post if you can tell what it is.

ilvorlandobloom
really? thats cool... i'll have to check that out! i know i have that ep on tape but i just dont know where it is!

KillTheLight
eek!..someone post the pic if they find it...

charmedFairy
you mean this one..confused you cant tell anyhting but his eyes are weird looking..the pupils and stuff

http://www.lost-media.com/modules/coppermine/albums/ep-caps/season1/exodus2/normal_exoduspart2-0625.jpg

MildPossession
I was told what it is smile Not saying though incase whoever told me got it wrong... but i doubt it. Xandert88 said enough.

That image isn't a CLOSE UP of a face scene.

jaden101
happy now peeps

http://www.lost-tv.com/pictures/albums/caps%201x16%20outlaws/lost.s01e16.hdtv.xvid-tcm.%5Bbt%5D04%20116.jpg

http://www.lost-tv.com/pictures/albums/caps%201x16%20outlaws/lost.s01e16.hdtv.xvid-tcm.%5Bbt%5D04%20115.jpg

http://www.lost-tv.com/pictures/albums/caps%201x16%20outlaws/lost.s01e16.hdtv.xvid-tcm.%5Bbt%5D11%20223.jpg

http://www.lost-tv.com/pictures/albums/caps%201x16%20outlaws/lost.s01e16.hdtv.xvid-tcm.%5Bbt%5D11%20239.jpg

http://www.lost-tv.com/pictures/albums/caps%201x14%20special/lost.s01e14.hdtv-lol5%20309.jpg

http://www.lost-tv.com/pictures/albums/caps%201x14%20special/lost.s01e14.hdtv-lol5%20318.jpg

ggrrrr...they'll tear you up

http://www.lost-tv.com/pictures/albums/caps%201x13%20hearts%20and%20minds/lost.01x13.hdtv-lol6%20239.jpg

KillTheLight
your wrong eek!
http://www.lost-media.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10725/normal_Entertainment%20Weekly%20w.jpg

jaden101
wWWWHHAAAAA...actually that is pretty freaky

xandert88
yeah charmed fairy thats the image. but you need it to be bigger. I saw it on my comp and it was closer and bigger. I could see the eyes really clearly. try and post a better pic. ive deleted the last episodes :P
Also jaden i doubt that a wild boar or a polar bear is the monster. I cant see either of them killing the pilot and leaving him at the very top of a tree or trying to drag locke into a perfectly circular hole, or knocking down trees without trying. And neither of those make machine like noises and when the monster walks it sounds like it weighs about 400 tonnes :P
Btw if you're wandering why theres polar bears on this island i heard somewhere that they find a crashed cargo ship that was carrying zoo animals.

jaden101
spoilertastic

"After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of a mysterious creature stalking the jungle, as well as a polar bear, a marooned and possibly crazy French woman, a mystical boar, a mysterious group known only as "The Others," a ship called The Black Rock and... a hatch."

take from it what you will

MildPossession
Humm the polar bear, did you see the polar bear in the comic, then the boy had the comic taken off him and then a polar bear comes up for real in the episode...

Sadako of Girth
Uhuh...And apparently an "Alice in wonderland" book/comic features somewhere too... Odd stuff.

ilvorlandobloom
Originally posted by xandert88
yeah charmed fairy thats the image. but you need it to be bigger. I saw it on my comp and it was closer and bigger. I could see the eyes really clearly. try and post a better pic. ive deleted the last episodes :P
Also jaden i doubt that a wild boar or a polar bear is the monster. I cant see either of them killing the pilot and leaving him at the very top of a tree or trying to drag locke into a perfectly circular hole, or knocking down trees without trying. And neither of those make machine like noises and when the monster walks it sounds like it weighs about 400 tonnes :P
Btw if you're wandering why theres polar bears on this island i heard somewhere that they find a crashed cargo ship that was carrying zoo animals. oooh, yeah, someone needs to make that pic bigger! i can but its waaay blurry!

ldene
the creature is mechanical and has tentacles.

«§hõnknêss»
eek! Is it fuzzy?

KillTheLight
why??..do you want to hug it or something eek!

charmedFairy
i looked at it when it was bigger but i couldnt see anyhting..just go to lost-media and look at itconfused

KillTheLight
paste the link here to the pic.. sleep

«§hõnknêss»
Originally posted by KillTheLight
why??..do you want to hug it or something eek!

yes

KillTheLight
but Hurley might get jealous if you do...

«§hõnknêss»
no expression Then I shall take my fluffy monster into a cave which Hurley cannot fit through

ilvorlandobloom
i found two big pics of Locke, but i dont see anything in his eyes that looks like anything....

the 1st is right before the commercial break....

ilvorlandobloom
and this one's right after

choosewisely
nothing in his eyes expetp a black somithing that looks like a big monky arm....no expression

xandert88
This is the picture. sorry about shit quality. supposedly its 2-5% of the monster and yah.

xandert88
sorry about the stoopid posts. something on dis site screwing me up :P

«§hõnknêss»
huh

xandert88
its kinda hard to see. YOu need a big screen for good view. basically it looks like a tentacle or sumthin goin across his eye but i dunno. producers said its possible to tell. guess when we see the monster we'll know for sure smile if someone gets a better pic then please post.

*edit* nvm orlandobloom posted good pic. look at that instead. look closely. producers said its only 2-5% of the monster:P

«§hõnknêss»
to blurry plus my pc is cruddy

xandert88
just wondering. Whats up with that smoke. i did ultra slow-mo of it on my comp and it flies away instead of just floating up like smoke. any theories part from nanobots? someone make a moving gif of it sometime. ill try to do it when i have time.
And another thing. What with that bird that around when the monster appears in last episode. Supposedly thats relevent to the monster.

ilvorlandobloom
Originally posted by xandert88
its kinda hard to see. YOu need a big screen for good view. basically it looks like a tentacle or sumthin goin across his eye but i dunno. producers said its possible to tell. guess when we see the monster we'll know for sure smile if someone gets a better pic then please post.

*edit* nvm orlandobloom posted good pic. look at that instead. look closely. producers said its only 2-5% of the monster:P
a tentacle? hmm... thats interesting...

i just wanna see the monster!

Jedi-Kaisa
It looks like a head. Could be a mutant thing with the head shaped like a human. alien maybe...?

ilvorlandobloom
yeah i kinda thought it looked like a head too....

Shazman
kwl

Beckii
Wasn't it a polar bear or something? O_O

Ness
umm ya totlay off topic... but what ever keep this thred alive..

xandert88
nah its not a polar bear. Thats onda island but its not the monster

Ness
i think that the '' others'' is the ones that probably made the biga ass thing

xandert88
I dont think the others made it. They look like hobo fisherman. My guess is that it was made by the french ladies team. And she was referring to the monster in the transmission where she says 'its killed them all'. It like went rogue or sumthin. She seems to know a bit bout it. Thats my guess. tell me if you agree.

xandert88
I have other, more plausable theories but cant really say em till everyone knows whats in the hatch wink

kanis
starwars In these sort of places it always turns to be something that the original inhabitants of the island have created or it could be the monster thing off that monster movie deep rising their were revealed to be land based versions of the creatures that could knock trees aside like that.

Shaynella
stick out tongue

What would you think if Vincent had a connection to "the thing" in the forest? confused

_Sanctuary_
cry "No animal testing!" that is what I would think...

Shaynella
I guess testing on Vincent would be cruel.

_Sanctuary_
He so cute... cry But he needs to be more interesting..

choosewisely
vincent is a she erm

_Sanctuary_
she plays a he! So we say he... or

he/she is so cute! cry .. no expression

Jard_Dooku
I reckon the monster is actually the sickness danielle was on about, it looks smoky like an airborne virus, and maybe she killed her husband because it was taking him underground, like a mercy killing?
just a theory...
and perhaps the chain sounds are like its control.

_Sanctuary_
Cool idea... I don't like the dinosaur thing... no expression

Hit_and_Miss
The techno-smoke-dinosour is a think of great beauty... I can't understand how locke can stand in its presence and not die but others a slain instantly....

_Sanctuary_
no expression

Hit_and_Miss
good point..... I'll concider it greatly.... perhaps your right though...

_Sanctuary_
hey are you insulting my response!?!?!

no expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expression:

KharmaDog
Not a fan of lost (just browsing the forums and came across this thread) so could someone please explain to me how a polar bear got onto a tropical island?

_Sanctuary_
lol because the little boy (walt) was reading a comic book about polar bears.. Or something like that...
Don't let the polar bears put you off lost!

Hit_and_Miss
apparently there could be 2 explanations...(so far)

1) they were on a plane or boat that crashed on the island....
2) the foundation that set up the hatch did do animal testing.... they could of escaped....

Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
hey are you insulting my response!?!?!

no expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expression:

not at all... I thought it was well thought out and shed some light on to the problem.... I can't see how you could take my complement negatively...

_Sanctuary_
Waah! I am so against that! (the spoiler) I mean that doesn't even work very well! (for example: thalidomide!) And on the video those people seemed so nice sad well actually they seemed crazy no expression

Hit_and_Miss
ok I'll try to explain a little more... I'll try to give you a decent response...

"The Dharma Initiative, developed in 1970 by... ...and financed through The Hanso Foundation, was intended to study the nuances of human behavior in their sociological and ecological contexts through a communal social sciences research compound. The project's areas of study included meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology and electromagnetism..."

You will notice that the hatch had an electromagwhachadoddle in it for testing. Anna and the others lived in another hatch... theres 2 already... when sawyer was attacked by a shark, we saw its tail with a different symbol to the other hatches... that makes 2 confirmed and 1 possible...

Its very possible that another hatch was researching the area of zoology aka animals...

and that thing in the jungle could be the sum of there work...

_Sanctuary_
Intriguing no expression

Hit_and_Miss
Hmmm.... I guess your right... Thanks! I'll have to put some more thought into it... but I think I'm a little choser with your help! wink

_Sanctuary_
laughing

Hit_and_Miss
Outstanding! another brilliant bit of deduction! I don't know how they keep coming to you but please go on! I need to sip from your cup of knowledge!!!

_Sanctuary_
Do you live on here?!?

Hit_and_Miss
the clues in the location.... It might take a bit of deduction to work out... but I'm sure you will get there in the end...

ok... I've used up my alot amount of sarcasm for this month...

_Sanctuary_
no expression As long as I keep drinking from the cup-o-knowledge? no expression

Hit_and_Miss
ok now I'm confused...laughing

_Sanctuary_
laughing no expression

Hit_and_Miss
you love that no expression smilie!.... Offtopic (you got xbox live?)

_Sanctuary_
no expression Nope...sad I do have dead or alive ultimate on xbox, so it would be good if I had xbox live....
Aren't they bringing out a lost game? ....What would you do on it? Search for food? Uncover peoples secrets? Blow open the hatch without exploding yourself.... erm actually it sounds kinda fun laughing

Hit_and_Miss
theres something like that on the lost website! you can have a look around but theres nothing really to do...

Shame about the xbox live... I would totaly kick your ass at that game! smile

_Sanctuary_
yeah right! I know everything about Kasumi!

Hit_and_Miss
Phah! yer right laughing... Talk to when when your ranked one of the top 3000 in the world...

I don't use the word "ninjafied" often.. but thats what would be...

_Sanctuary_
I am an expert in mugen tenshin! And when you are ranked that high.. you're playing the game a little too much!

Have you got all the dead or alive games?

Hit_and_Miss
i got ultimate and had the one before it... i played it on xbl and got into the top 3000...

_Sanctuary_
I have dead or alive 3, dead or alive ultimate and dead or alive extreme beach volleyball laughing the vollyeball one is surprisingly addictive!

Hit_and_Miss
wasn't that game designed for men! wink or are you just pro-female representation!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.