Green Goblin vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blade Cutter
No prep time.

doctorstrongbad
Green Goblin wins this he is about as strong as spider-man but fights way dirtier. smile

brainchild81
Ditto

Xplosive
Green Goblin, wiht no prep, GG (suerphuman powers) vs Batman (noraml human). Bazman lose badly.

Draco69
Originally posted by Blade Cutter
Batman can use his Batwing and his Batmobile.

HELLO! He can use the batwing. One-heat seeking missile and Goblin's toast!

Darth Trinew
Same opinion as Draco

brainchild81
Goblin's no moron. He'd use the finger blaster and blow the heat seeker up. Or explode a pumpkin bomb to give the missle another target.

Draco69
????? The Heat-Seeking missiles are primed for body heat alone. Do you really think Batman has an average arsenal. And his Batman plane would fly circles around that silly glider.

brainchild81
Not likely. I think the Batwing is faster, but I can't imagine how it would be more maneuverable. & he could still blow the missles up before they reach him.

Draco69
It outmanuevered White Martians.

Draco69
He has other weapons besides missiles. Use your imagination. Sonic pulse lasers. Ice Beams. Neural scrambler rays. Electric attacks. Pressure bombs. Those are just a few that I saw he used.

Or an electromagnetic pulse to knock that glider outta the sky.

brainchild81
EMP would probably do it. The other stuff would never connect. I've seen one encounter w/White Martians and they downed the Batplane. This forum won't let me post the pic.

Blade Cutter
Originally posted by brainchild81
Not likely. I think the Batwing is faster, but I can't imagine how it would be more maneuverable. & he could still blow the missles up before they reach him. I agree with this but a E.M.P can knock the glider right out the air.But if Green Goblin on top of the Batwing he could rip it apart.Also if Batman where to use the E.M.P and was still flying the waves would shut the Batwing down too.The waves stay in the air for 30 minutes or more.Unless he has some anti E.M.P spray(well you know he has a anti spray for every thing like shark spray) to save his jet.If it came to a hand to hand Green Goblin would win.But I think Batman could release a high powered gas from his jet that could cover a mile are something like that that would knock Green Goblin out or burn his eyes.

Farseer
Who would win?

Dark Thor
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=339691&highlight=batman+green+goblin

Farseer
Ah well, it didn't seem very well decided in that one, i still wanna know who would win. Seems like people lost interest before it got a chance to develope. Ah well if everyone's bored of this idea i guess we can discuss something else.

Tron
Just discuss it in the thread Dark Thor posted.

Closing

TwisterGameX
Batman could win if he had his, jet pack, but even still.

Wynndar
This fight would look really cool

Dr.SpiderHulk
Ohhhhhh I like this the fight is close....but maybe since Goblin can use his glider to fly....he can use it to fall onto Batman??

Mindship
I gotta go with Batman. I'm not a batfan, but one thing I will always give him credit for: even without prep, he is one helluva tactical fighter.

Juntai
Originally posted by Wynndar
This fight would look really cool co-sign.
I'm imagining all the responses as if it were happening.

JediMasterLuke5
Batman beats the hell out of Green Goblin becuz of his superior fighting skills.

DrDoom101
Batman wins in H2H. OTherwise, Norman or Harry beats Bruce

jplatinum
Batman is hardly normal human.

Yes, he is normal as in his body works the way yours or mine does,
but you dudes throw the word "normal" around like its candy.
You don't realize that he is both normal and not normal at the same time.

People like strongmen, powerlifters,high level martial-artists,pfc fighters, olympic athletes, and professional boxers are both normal and not normal.

They have abilities that few normal people if not any normal person can do.

They have acummulated an amount of intense training and body conditioning that puts them far over a "normal" human being on the streets.

Take for instance, ali, he was a boxer.
You say he was normal right?wrong!!!!!

He had endurance that went on the hours, hands faster than any normal man, quicker than normal reflexes that allowed him to weave in and out of quite fast punches with relative ease, he had the ability to stand there, dance around the ring for 12-13 3 minute rounds with his hands in the air while taking punches and delivering them at the same time.

He could take punches from the likes of big men like george foreman, whose punch could easily kill a "normal" man, even one who is in relative decent shape. I guess all "normal" men have hands that are legally considered lethal weapons in a court of law.

How about bruce lee?
He was "normal" wasn't he? Wrong!

He was in 5 x better condition than ali, he had 3x faster hands, kicks that could send a 300 lb man several feet through the air,punches that shattered several bricks at once, near pre cog ability to read/pick apart anyone, strength that rivaled men twice his size/weight, and he was skilled in a most deadly form of h2h combat.
Hardly seems "normal" to me.

How about mike reeves, the man who holds iska world breaking records for breaking bricks and shit with his bare hands/feet, how about those strongmen who pulls truck/trains with there bodies through hard work and sheer force of will/determination, I guess you'd call them normal too, huh?

Next time you say "normal" and throw it around like it is god's gift to idiotic post-debating you might wanna think again.

Batman "Normal".
Ha!
Don't make me ...laughing

Metalmanx
Green Goblin. Both with vehicles and hand to hand.

DrDoom101
i think GG in the use of technology, and batman in hand-to-hand combat. Green goblin can destroy the batmobile with his bombs and electrofy Batman to death

black robb
Green Goblin just has to much range for Bats to win

DrDoom101
If Green goblin has gloves that are capable of blasting high frequency electricity, why isnt spidey dead?

black robb
Originally posted by DrDoom101
If Green goblin has gloves that are capable of blasting high frequency electricity, why isnt spidey dead? Cuz he can dodge it or if it comes down to it,take the blast

DrDoom101
he cant dodge electricity, its electricity. it moves quicker than spidey

Jose123
No prep
who wins?

I say Green Goblin

Metalmanx
No prep? GG thrashes him verily.

Lord Magnus
It would b a crazy fight, i'd have to say Batman though. He's more skilled and could probably knock Osborn off the glider fast enough. Also, Goblin doesn't have much fighting skill, so if Bats did get him down to terra firma he'd have to rely on his bag of tricks (which, again, could be snatched away). I don't know, either way it would be decided within a few minutes.

Jose123
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
It would b a crazy fight, i'd have to say Batman though. He's more skilled and could probably knock Osborn off the glider fast enough. Also, Goblin doesn't have much fighting skill, so if Bats did get him down to terra firma he'd have to rely on his bag of tricks (which, again, could be snatched away). I don't know, either way it would be decided within a few minutes.

He doesn't have fighting skills but he has strength rivaling spider-man and although he may not be as fast as Spider-man he's still above peak human which is what batman is supposed to be. He also has a healing factor.

And like I said in another thread fighting skills don't mean a damn thing when your opponent is so far above you in that he could knock your head off with punch.

WindDancer
On a stealth attack Batman pwned Green Goblin.

Jose123
Originally posted by WindDancer
On a stealth attack Batman pwned Green Goblin.

How exactly is going to do that when he's hovering in the air. Sneak up on him with his jet.

And in hand 2 hand Goby turns his face to pulp before he can even do any of those "127 different styles" martial arts moves.

WindDancer
Rooftops my friend...Batman is skillful at using the darkness to stalk his victim. And don't forget the shadows. Green Goblin won't spot him so easy. And with Batman's stealth...he can easily sneak behind GG.

Jose123
Rooftops my friend...Batman is skillful at using the darkness to stalk his victim. And don't forget the shadows. Green Goblin won't spot him so easy. And with Batman's stealth...he can easily sneak behind GG.

Rooftops?

He's hovering up in the air how is batman going to hide. Darkness or not you can still see someone on the roof tops if your 20 feet above them.

WindDancer
When did Green Goblin get an Owl's vision to be see in darkness? And if he is hovering up in the air that makes him an even better target. Unless he uses some kind of invisible mode device.

DarkCrawler
Does this fight happen at night? huh

Jose123
When did Green Goblin get an Owl's vision to be see in darkness? And if he is hovering up in the air that makes him an even better target. Unless he uses some kind of invisible mode device.

Who said this Match takes place in the Dark?

No matter I'm sure Goblin can light up the area with a couple of Pumpkin bombs big grin

If he can't see him He'll just bomb the shit out of the area until he hits something or until the blasts produce enough fire and explosions for the area to be lit up.

Or flares? Does he have flares I don't remember.

WindDancer
Night time is when Batman comes out. He mostly works during the graveyard shift.

Jose123
Night time is when Batman comes out. He mostly works during the graveyard shift.

True that.

But like a said a couple of Pumpkin bombs if they don't kill batman in the process can light up the area with enough fire and explosions for him to see him.

WindDancer
That would depend on the amount of Pumpkin Bombs GG packs in his bag of tricks. Also the explotion capacity of his bombs aren't powerful enough to blow a single block. Maybe one building...but a whole block? And there is no way GG could carry more than 5 pumking bombs.

DarkCrawler
A description...

"Due to the serum he ingested, Norman Osborn possesses superhuman strength comparable to that of Spider-Man. His reflexes, speed, and stamina are enhanced. His durability has been augmented over the years to the point that bullets fired from most conventional weapons can't pierce his skin. Apparently, a .45 Magnum at close range can injure him, as Mary Jane realized when she shot him when he tried to kidnap her. However, Osborn is capable of healing from damage that would be lethal to a normal person, having regenerated from being impaled through the chest by his own rocket-glider and later from having over a dozen of his bombs explode while webbed to his chest. This was first used as a plot device to bring Norman Osborn back from the grave.

He is armed with a variety of bizarre incendiary devices and uses a Goblin Glider as a personal transport. It can reach velocities of well over 300 miles per hour and is extremely maneuverable.

Aside from his physical advantages, the serum also greatly enhanced Norman's already highly above average intellect, making him a bona fide genius capable of making progress in advanced areas of genetics, robotics, engineering, and applied chemistry that most professional scientists can scarcely comprehend. However, these aptitudes are inhibited by the fact that Osborn is criminally insane."

Jose123
That would depend on the amount of Pumpkin Bombs GG packs in his bag of tricks. Also the explotion capacity of his bombs aren't powerful enough to blow a single block. Maybe one building...but a whole block? And there is no way GG could carry more than 5 pumking bombs.

He's not trying to blow the building up he's just trying to find him. A pumpkin bomb exploding in the middle of a roof top can light up the whole rooftop. And I'm pretty sure he can carry more than 5.

But if all else fails he could always start picking off innocents one by one until Batman shows himself.

Beyonder
Goblin gives Spiderman hell. Batman sneaking up on GG is no different from Spidey. Even with spider sense, GG has tagged Parker. Batman goes down hard.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Beyonder
Goblin gives Spiderman hell. Batman sneaking up on GG is no different from Spidey. Even with spider sense, GG has tagged Parker. Batman goes down hard.

Correct! That is for Spiderman. But Batman is NO Spiderman. Batman uses very different tactics than Spiderman. Spidey uses full frontal attacks. Batman relies on stealth, observation, traps, and his gadgets to combat his opponents. I'm not saying Batman will have an easy 1 2 3 round with GG. But you cannot say that GG will just blow away Batman with a single pumkin bomb. If that were the case The Joker would have finished Batman ages ago. And Joker is far more insane and deadlier than GG.

jollyjim311
So we are assuming that it is night time, Batman knows where Green Goblin is but Green Goblin doesn't know where Batman is and they are in Batman's home field? A tad one sided, I think. In a straight fight, glider or no glider, Green Goblin takes out Batman.

Metalmanx
According to KMC, unless otherwise stated, this match takes place in an arena style staidum or something along those lines. That means it's lit up. No darkness or shadows.

And even without his glider, without prep for Batman, GG curbstomps him.

Jose123
Originally posted by Metalmanx
According to KMC, unless otherwise stated, this match takes place in an arena style staidum or something along those lines. That means it's lit up. No darkness or shadows.

And even without his glider, without prep for Batman, GG curbstomps him.

No, I'm willing to give Batman the Darkness and hiding in exchange for two Pumpkin bomb bags hanging around Gobys waist. He has the whole shebang Gas bombs,exploding bombs,etc etc. and a half of block full of innocents.

WindDancer
If GG is allowed to have his bag of tricks and pumking bombs...then by all fairness Batman must be allowed to be equip with his utility belt and smoke pills and batarangs. Does make the fight a lot more easier and fair.

Jose123
If GG is allowed to have his bag of tricks and pumking bombs...then by all fairness Batman must be allowed to be equip with his utility belt and smoke pills and batarangs. Does make the fight a lot more easier and fair.

Yep. And don' t forget the innocents. if Batman gets Darkness than Goblin Gets Bystanders.

WindDancer
True, the innocents factor would make Batman come out of the shadows and confront his opponent face to face.

NoFate007
I think people forgot that Batman has batarangs that he could throw at the glider and short circuit it. Remember, he has electrified ones? Hides in the darkness, Norman looks around like an idiot, gets hit by an electric batarang, and blows up.

Batman's victorious.

Jose123
Originally posted by NoFate007
I think people forgot that Batman has batarangs that he could throw at the glider and short circuit it. Remember, he has electrified ones? Hides in the darkness, Norman looks around like an idiot, gets hit by an electric batarang, and blows up.

Batman's victorious.

Then Goblin figures out were the thing came from gets back up and kicks Batman's ass.

Goblin victorious

thadarknite84
No prep

Weapons and gadgets are permitted

Best out of 10

Who wins?

suprmanvsbatman
batman ftw 7/10

BruceSkywalker
Batman ftw 8/10

suprmanvsbatman
Batman ftw 10/10

batman would PWN goblin everytime no expression

thadarknite84

suprmanvsbatman
bats has better gadgets than green goblin and has better hand to hand combat

redhotrash
I agree, Spider-man has always had to deal with GG's gizmos more than the guy himself. Spidey might be more comfortable fighting in the air than Batman, but Batman has more ways to counter Goblin, including flashbombs and such. I'll give him 7/10 wins to be generous to GG. On a side note, Green Goblin would fit in pretty damn well as a Batman villain.

Priest
Both with standard equipment, Goblin would pwan..

rotiart
I can't see Batman beating Green Goblin. Goblin never fights on the ground, he always takes to the air and drops what seems like an infinite amount of bombs from above...

Batman would have to take shelter...

Virtually all of batman's battles are shown on the ground... and in this instance he'd be taking on someone, strong, faster and more agile than Bane.

His best bet is to try and disable the glider and take it to the ground... but other than that...

I give goblin 6 to possibly 7 out of 10. This looks more like an uphill battle than an easy one.

Bentley
This is a battle in which Batman is at the defense, I give him 4/10 due tactical genius.

Psyquis52
Question: Would the batjet (batplane whatever?) be an acceptable countermeasure?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by rotiart
I can't see Batman beating Green Goblin. Goblin never fights on the ground, he always takes to the air and drops what seems like an infinite amount of bombs from above...

Batman would have to take shelter...

Virtually all of batman's battles are shown on the ground... and in this instance he'd be taking on someone, strong, faster and more agile than Bane.

His best bet is to try and disable the glider and take it to the ground... but other than that...

I give goblin 6 to possibly 7 out of 10. This looks more like an uphill battle than an easy one.

Green Goblin is not as strong, or as fast as Bane.

grey fox
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

Green Goblin can fight hand-to-hand with Spiderman and TAKE his unrestrained punches.

He's better then Bane.

Doctor-Alvis
I think Batman could disable the glider... but I don't think it'd help him a whole bunch. Green Goblin uses some of the same types of gadgets Batman uses, thus probably has the measures set up to prevent him from hurting himself. You know... except glider protection.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by grey fox
Green Goblin can fight hand-to-hand with Spiderman and TAKE his unrestrained punches.

He's better then Bane.

Bane all juiced up and ready to go would be able to take Spideys punches as well. El Matador anyone?

Lord Feron
Think bat will be able to hit the glider with something knock GG out of the sky. Batman will throw some explosive batarangs or smoke nades and then use that handy dandy rope with balls on it to immbolize him. Goblin gets weakened or distracted and bats will go in for the kill. On the otherhand i didn't know GG can take SM unrestrained punches. Can GG take an explosive to the face or break out of the rope thing batman uses? still think bats takes it 6/10.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by thadarknite84
No prep

Weapons and gadgets are permitted

Best out of 10

Who wins?
Without prep Batman is as good as dead.

On his glider GG is very fast, but he doesn't even need his glider - or his gadgets that took out Wonderman - to beat the living **** out of Batman.

Batman really needs prep here. Or bad writing. Preferably both of them.

The Fake Macoy
I highly doubt Bane is as strong as GG. GG takes shots from spidey just fine. Really, I think GG will just drop bombs on Batman and come out of this with a win.

Lord Feron
I think the type of arena is a big factor in this fight. So what say you thedarknite84 ? Do we have a location?

BUSTER1
I reckon GG would be the more likely victor

grey fox
Bane all juiced up and ready to go would be able to take Spideys punches as well. El Matador anyone?

Bullshit.

Bane would end up like Kingpin, whereas Osborn has been stated to have (roughly) the same strength as Spiderman. He'd tear Batmans goddamn head clean off his shoulders.

applelips
cast your vote now

applelips
opps sorry bat fans i think your out of luck on this one...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haa!

thadarknite84
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=480323

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I think the type of arena is a big factor in this fight. So what say you thedarknite84 ? Do we have a location?

Gotham City.

shiv
I was wondering what type of defense GG has to

being frozen solid.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by thadarknite84

I'm sorry, but I've already started this one.

applelips
green goblin is one of spidermans toughest foes he easily out matches batman in standard equiptment and power and is a seasoned combatant. though not as strong as bane (banes strength seems to fluctuate all the time due to writers and who hes paired up with, as at one point having injured superman. though this is really writers leveling the playing field.) green goblin is classified as a ten ton strength class (as is spiderman). his glider is capable of reaching speeds of 90 miles per hour and he has a near limitless on hand supply of explosive pumpkin bombs. an unprepared batman would have a very hard time improvising against a foe who always comes as well equipt as green goblin. no doubt in a prep fight batman would more likely be able to bring his a game but in this senario he in out classed in physical ability and standard equiptment.

applelips
Originally posted by shiv

being frozen solid. i dont remember batman having standard equiptment that freezes people. you might have him mistaken with mr. freeze or ice man or santa claus... though you have to hand it to batman, he does have alot of wins under his belt unfortunately he has a habght of getting his as$ handed to him the first time around before he gets a vitory.

Bouboumaster
GG 10/10.

With no prep, Batman is dead. Simply.

BUSTER1
GG would take the majority

carnage52
goblin is a poor mans jokerbag

Jugglenaut
Originally posted by carnage52

More of a smarter Joker, you mean?
Nothing Bats has as standard equipment stops him from being carpet bombed by what seems to be an unlimited supply of pumpkins.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Jugglenaut
More of a smarter Joker, you mean?
Nothing Bats has as standard equipment stops him from being carpet bombed by what seems to be an unlimited supply of pumpkins.

Maybe. I think the Joker is more of Batman's counterpart when it comes to intelligence (in a crazy, homicidal kind of way).

Toku King
You guys have to be joking.
Martial artist with boomerangs vs. Class 10 psycho with bombs, blades, a Glider, and all sorts of laser weapons

Green Goblin 10/10

Toku King
Originally posted by carnage52

That's such a bullshit statement. They're nothing alike, other then that they laugh.

Toku King
Originally posted by shiv

being frozen solid.

Durability and strength. Iceman tried it, and failed miserably. Besides, freeze weapons aren't standard for Batman.

Toku King
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I think Batman could disable the glider

Norman doesn't even need the Glider. He's already a certified bullet timer, not to mention stronger than ten Batmen.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Toku King
Norman doesn't even need the Glider. He's already a certified bullet timer, not to mention stronger than ten Batmen.

You do know who Batman is right?

Toku King

Bane's class 1, if even that. Green Goblin is not only class 10, but is almost as quick as Spider-Man, not to mention twice as smart.

Toku King
Originally posted by Marvelknight
You do know who Batman is right?

Yeah. You do know who Green Goblin is right?
Green Goblin with standard prep took out Wonderman. Honest-to-goodness Wonderman. Batman without prep doesn't even come close to that, let alone Spider-Man.

PRAYERRUN
Green Goblin has entered Gotham and has declared the city his.( like every other villian does ) Can Batman beat him?

CaptainStoic
Now this would be most interesting to watch.

Batman barely gets the win.

Marvelknight
Use this one

chomperx9
batman

vs

green goblin norman osborn

no prep for bats. he gets his belt and thats it

spidey has handled norman before but can bats ?

Tha C-Master
If it's standard, Bats loses. Goblin is comparative to Spiderman in many ways and he has the Glider.

Lord Feron
I think this is a great fight. I think Goblin takes it but only slightly.

They both got long range options. Both guys have decent aim (maybe bat's has better because of the nature of his batarang).

I would say physical stats all go to Goblin so close range would be for bat's. GG aint dumb, he is imo faster, stronger, greater agility, and durability. But Batman has superior skills but GG aint no slouch in h2h (as IP he just sucks).

Batman could edge out some wins but not more so then losing.

Badabing
This has been done. Use the search.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
This has been done. Use the search. i did this didnt pop up for me

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
i did this didnt pop up for me Noob...stick out tongue

I found 4 threads and merged them.

chomperx9
Noob...stick out tongue

REPORTED

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
REPORTED ohno

uhuh

Omega Vision
ohno

uhuh
Bada, you know what must be done. You must destroy yourself. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.