More Jedi Ghosts...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Camo Di Mass
What do you think ...let's say the saga is completed , Episode III is done, we have six movies . Now , probably they will release a big box of all the six movies together . If they did some new changes in the old trilogy , should they include more Jedi ghosts in Return Of The Jedi ? I mean Mace , Qui Gon or someone that is important in the prequels . I know what you think , that Luke doesn't know them and stuff but I'm thinking about the moment after he sees Obi wan , yoda and his father ( so the people he knows) and then Leia hugs him and takes him to the party BUT after that we could see all this Jedi looking at the victory after how they failed in Ep III . I mean If it's return of the jedi , then let's see some real Jedi . I know some people say that some Jedi did become "one with the force" and some did not but to be honest that's a little bit weird . It's like "Oh you " become one "with the force" but you did not " . Then why do we hear Qui Gon voice If his body didn't disappear like Yoda's and Obi's . I always thought that it would be cool to see many jedi ghost's just like it was cool to see them all fighting in Ep II . But it's just my opinion I could be wrong .

Lord S
I hope not...it's bad enough that they included Hayden Christensen in ROTJ. That should be enough.

ab2421
Why not have Jabba the Hutt as well? Cummon now!

--- it sort of sounds cool you know maybe having them appear.. first one and then more and more appear and the camera pans out... and then we can go back to finish the celebration ...

but then it gets to the point of who should be included and who should not be...

i think also theres something special about why only they are ghosts that has to do with the whole qui-gon thing in ROTS that I'm trying to avoid.. so who knows!

HAROLD
If they alter these movies anymore, I'm going to get VERY angry.

palpy_666
Originally posted by HAROLD
If they alter these movies anymore, I'm going to get VERY angry.

Even though this thread has nothing to do with ep. III and should be moved, I will comment anyway.

I am so sick of people who think the OT is fine the way it is. I hope that Lucas DOES redo all the OT with fresh CG replacing the models and crappy looking mechanics, explosions, and creatures. In fact, I do believe he will be updating the OT for one last time. This would be great. I hope Lucas makes the OT seem just like the PT using his vast array of CG technology-- and it's quite possible. Did you all happen to see the menu's on the OT DVD's? Those looked great! That is just a sample of what can be done and what will be done.

Don't get me wrong though.. the OT was fine for when it was made-- but it just doesn't hold much weight today.

ArynCrinn
You tell them palpy

Alliance
I agree somewhat with paply, it would be nice if the Invasion of Hoth was spiced up...but as far as the ghosts go...If you think they should be in VI, you dont understand either the force ghost or the movies themselves.

Darth Jello
I don't think we'll see a big box or anymore changes to the movies until Blue-Ray enters the market.
I'm sure at that point, we'll see a big definitive box set of the movies on blue-ray in 2007 for the 30th anneversary of the release of ANH to coincide with the 3D theatrical releases.
In any case, these are the changes that i think they'll make (if any):
-fix digital Yoda in episode II and digitize Yoda in the other movies
-refilm some of the cut senate scenes from episode I with Jimmy Smitts
-add qui-gon to the end of ROTJ
-add Utapau, Kamino, Kashyyk, and any other remotely civilized planets to the victory celebration at the end of ROTJ
-digitally add Vader's burn scar over Sebastion Shaw's right eye for ROTJ
-maybe add in some deleted scenes or subplots here and there
-fix the lightsabers futher

That's pretty minor compared to the other releases, so I wouldn't be too worried about changes.

Lord S
Originally posted by palpy_666
Don't get me wrong though.. the OT was fine for when it was made-- but it just doesn't hold much weight today. I disagree...and I'm sure I'm not alone.

The OT was more plot driven than the PT, which is geared more toward younger kids for the sole purpose of selling toys and video games.

The OT stood the test of time for 20 years before Lucas made his first change, and would have continued to do so for the next 20 even if he didn't. I don't think you'll be able to say the same for the PT in the next 20 years...except for maybe ROTS (I'm guessing).

Real content (good story) is what draws and more importantly, retains, viewers and fans...not stupid animals and CG. The OT is living proof...and each tweak cheapens it, IMO.

Darth_Nefarus
The PT is pretty sweet, well it will be when episode 3 is out. I admit it's got lame characters(Jar-Jar) pathetic attempts at a love story(Anakin and Padme, eeewww) but it still leads up to episode 3 which has the potential to be the best of all 6. If Kevin Smith is half right, then it most likely will be the best.

kiadimundijedi
PLEASE NO MORE... IF HE DOES THAT IS FINE, BUT PLEASE GIVE ME AN OPTION ON THE DVDs TO WATCH THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS

palpy_666
You OT purists lack vision...

And, "You will pay the price for your lack of vision!" -Palps (Yes, that was very corny, but I had to say it!).

Darth Jello
DVD? there will be no more major releases on DVD. Blue-Ray my friends, it's all gonna be blue-ray

Captain REX
Originally posted by palpy_666
Even though this thread has nothing to do with ep. III and should be moved, I will comment anyway.

I am so sick of people who think the OT is fine the way it is. I hope that Lucas DOES redo all the OT with fresh CG replacing the models and crappy looking mechanics, explosions, and creatures. In fact, I do believe he will be updating the OT for one last time. This would be great. I hope Lucas makes the OT seem just like the PT using his vast array of CG technology-- and it's quite possible. Did you all happen to see the menu's on the OT DVD's? Those looked great! That is just a sample of what can be done and what will be done.

Don't get me wrong though.. the OT was fine for when it was made-- but it just doesn't hold much weight today.

Are you serious?

Please tell me you're not serious.

DCLXVI
palpy_666 & all you OT Haters <<<< emp

Captain REX
Indeed!

Darth Jello
oh and to clarify things, YES, WE WILL ALL NEED TO BUY NEW PLAYERS, RECORDERS, AND DRIVES FOR BLUE RAY....or just a PS3

Captain REX
...the hell is Blue-Ray? messed

DCLXVI
Something Lucas is trying to get liscensed....

Captain REX
Oh...fun...

Darth Jello
Blue Ray is a new medium which is cartridge based, it's DVD's written and read with a blue laser instead of a red one, this allows for higher quality picture and sound, and a lot more storage space. it's considered the leading next-gen video recording medium, along with HD-DVD. the first device to use blue-ray, before commercial discs and disc players will be the PS3

palpy_666
I GUARANTEE that GL will be completely re-doing the OT as I had mentioned earlier. And Darth Jello-- you're right.. they will more than likely be on Blue Ray or HDDVD-- the two competing formats which are said to hit the markets the fourth quarter of 2005 (I work in a video store-- read that on one of our pamphlets).

smoker4
Yeah i remember reading an article about blue ray and thought that soon ill have to buy all these again laughing out loud sad

Darth Jello
yeah, it'll probably be a hybrid of blu and HD, to get one format. just like DVDs are a hybrid of two different mediums.

Alliance
Originally posted by Lord S
I disagree...and I'm sure I'm not alone.

The OT was more plot driven than the PT, which is geared more toward younger kids for the sole purpose of selling toys and video games.

sick Ummm...yeah. NO! S aying that is really narrow-minded. REALLY NARROW-MINDED. All the star wars movies have been geared towards kids. ALL OF THEM. When they came out they were just fun movies for the kid in all of us. There is a slightly better plot in the OT, but the PT has it too. I'm sorry thirty years haven gone by to elevate them to the societal classics that we term them today. Everyone holds them in such high esteem all the time. The are often JUST AS BAD AS THE PT. But to say that that is for videogames, its all rediculous. Its a different time. Its not supposed to be the grunge industrialism that we saw in the OT The PT is supposed to be lighter and happier because THAT IS WHATS GOING ON! there is no Empire, there is no rebellion. But then the CLone Wars happen and send the Dark Meter way up to 100 in this episode.

sorry, but "geared towards younger kids" absolutely DISGUSTS me.

But Hooray for Blue Ray. That tech is sweet.

palpy_666
Originally posted by Alliance
sick Ummm...yeah. NO! S aying that is really narrow-minded. REALLY NARROW-MINDED. All the star wars movies have been geared towards kids. ALL OF THEM. When they came out they were just fun movies for the kid in all of us. There is a slightly better plot in the OT, but the PT has it too. I'm sorry thirty years haven gone by to elevate them to the societal classics that we term them today. Everyone holds them in such high esteem all the time. The are often JUST AS BAD AS THE PT. But to say that that is for videogames, its all rediculous. Its a different time. Its not supposed to be the grunge industrialism that we saw in the OT The PT is supposed to be lighter and happier because THAT IS WHATS GOING ON! there is no Empire, there is no rebellion. But then the CLone Wars happen and send the Dark Meter way up to 100 in this episode.

But Hooray for Blue Ray. That tech is sweet.

Right on, dude! Contendor of the truth! Happy Dance

Lord S
Originally posted by Alliance
sick Ummm...yeah. NO! S aying that is really narrow-minded. REALLY NARROW-MINDED. No it's not...it's called retaining a sense of standard and taste.

All the star wars movies have been geared towards kids. ALL OF THEM. When they came out they were just fun movies for the kid in all of us.

Highly debatable. Surely kids were an important part of the demographic, but it was not solely intended for children. It made reasonable concessions for the 'kids in us', but the deep plot was geared toward a more mature audience. In the PT it's the other way around. TPM is a classic example of a film that is geared toward children, with slight concessions made for the older fans. That plain sucks.

There is a slightly better plot in the OT, but the PT has it too. I'm sorry thirty years haven gone by to elevate them to the societal classics that we term them today. Everyone holds them in such high esteem all the time. The are often JUST AS BAD AS THE PT.

No...nowhere near as bad. Lucas was more focused on telling a good story back then. It's a little too early to say that he's given up on that notion yet...after we watch ROTS, then we'll decide.

But to say that that is for videogames, its all rediculous.

Well I'm sorry if you don't understand the economics...it's all about money. Video games, toys, and other merchandise are an integral part of the George Lucas empire. These things have moved more to the forefront, whereas they were more secondary back in the 70's. Go watch one of the documentaries in 'Special Features' disc of the OT collection to learn more about merchandise.

Its a different time. Its not supposed to be the grunge industrialism that we saw in the OT The PT is supposed to be lighter and happier because THAT IS WHATS GOING ON! there is no Empire, there is no rebellion. But then the CLone Wars happen and send the Dark Meter way up to 100 in this episode.

Yes but there is a way to present these joyous times without having to include characters such as Jar Jar Binks and tons of other alien races. More should have been done to improve dialogue, improve chemistry between actors, and accomplish a lot more plot-related tasks rather than go nuts on the CG.

Nothing I can do about that.

Ken Kenobi
Why add anymore ghosts to ROTJ? Luke wouldn't know them at all.

He only knew 3 Jedi at that point. He'd look over to the other ghosts and he wouldn't know who the hell they were.

That's a terrible idea.

Only Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda, & Anakin were able to do this anyways. Qui-Gon is not needed in the OT as the fact of Luke doesn't know him, never heard stories about him, etc.

Anyways...moving.

Vanquish
No there should not be any more Ghosts, but HELL YES they should re-do the OT with updated CG. Considering how much of movies these days are CG, I think they could make the thing look amazing.

Consider how great the plot lines are in the OT, and then add to that some good special effects. It would really allow us to enjoy the movies again. I find when I watch them now, it is just too low budget to fully get into it.

Updated CG is not only possible, but definitely needed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.