Jedi Master Vrook vs. Jedi Master Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis
No comment.

Darth Imperos
I think Mace would topple Vrook, simply because Vrook relies almost entirely on the use of Force power, whereas Mace actually studies Form VIII lightsaber combat, which is extraordinarly aggressive for a Jedi. I think I read somewhere that other than Dooku, Mace is meant to be one of the few swordsmen who could hope to challenge the likes of Tulak Hord.
Therefore I think because Mace is far more aggressive, yet measured, he would make a nice Vrook pie :-)

Master Dakari
No, Mace practices Vaapad, a variation of Form VII (Juyo) he co-created with Sora Bulq, which eventually taught to his Padawan, Depa Billaba. He and Depa are the only two to have ever mastered the Form.

It is said that the Vaapad eventually mastered Sora. They are correct. It is also said that it eventually mastered Depa as well. They are wrong. It was not Vaapad that caused Depa to fall, it was the Republic, the war, and the jungles of Haruun Kal that caused Depa to fall.

Back on topic...we know that Vrook was a user of Form IV (Ataru) and he was a powerful Jedi Master. However, the Jedi in the Prequel movie era had much more knowledge (roughly 4,000 year more) of the Force then the Jedi of Vrook's days. It has also been officially stated that Mace is the second in force ability only to Yoda. It was also said that in dueling he was only second to Dooku, who in turn was second only to Yoda. However, this knowledge is being used from the time when Dooku was still a member of the Order...before Vaapad was created. Now, I believe it is safe to say that Mace out-duels even Dooku now that Vaapad is created and in use.

So, my vote will go for Mace.

Kam Solusar
very true. however saber skills are becoming more and more shoddy since the manderlorian wars. and also after reluse. Vrook was around in a time of war and although he didnt fight he would have able to. His sword work would have been better than Yoda, and therefore mace. i cant really see it but it is true

Fishy
ack on topic...we know that Vrook was a user of Form IV (Ataru) and he was a powerful Jedi Master.

Wrong we have no idea what form Vrook practiced, it could have Form IV till VII.

However, the Jedi in the Prequel movie era had much more knowledge (roughly 4,000 year more) of the Force then the Jedi of Vrook's days.

Wrong after the end of Kotor, almost all if not all knowledge the Jedi had was lost.

"Much has been lost in recent wars" - Disciple talking about Jedi knowledge

"Yes, she holds the last of the jedi teachings it is a good thing she survived" - Zez Kei Ell about Atris.

Just keep in mind however that not much later everybody that knows about Atris or Telos dies. The information the Jedi had gathered in thousands of years was gone.

t has also been officially stated that Mace is the second in force ability only to Yoda. It was also said that in dueling he was only second to Dooku, who in turn was second only to Yoda. However, this knowledge is being used from the time when Dooku was still a member of the Order...before Vaapad was created.

Vaapad was created by then. Mace created the damn thing when he was 13 or something like that. Dooku was still a member of the order then. Mace was on the council already before Dooku left the order. So this is just bullshit. And it also means nothing because for all we know Vrook would destroy Yoda with one swing of his lightsaber.

Now, I believe it is safe to say that Mace out-duels even Dooku now that Vaapad is created and in use.

So, my vote will go for Mace.

Read above, Dooku means nothing when we are talking about Vrook.

And personally I don't know who wins, evidence goes for Mace. Feeling goes for well both really.

Darth_Glentract
Feeling goes for Vrook. He was either the second or the best out of the Ancient Jedi, who are generaly better than PT Jedi.

Deus Ex
Well, in any case, we don't know that much about Vrook. But I bet he could go the distance with Mace and possibly even defeat him.

I don't think he survived the jedi purge of the KOTOR era by being a total wuss in combat.

Fishy
Seeing as he was on the high council and the second most important member you can be pretty sure about that.

Darth Faunus
Evidence: Mace
Logic: ???
Feeling: Mace

It'd be a good fight, but I see Kavar as the only KOTOR era Jedi on Mace's level in terms of saber combat. Funny, considering him I voted against him in 'Anakin vs. Kavar' thread. . .

Well, I doubt Vrook's a pushover, but I don't think he can stand against Mace who, and I quote the Visual Guide, 'was considered one of the greatest swordmasters of the Old Republic.' Now, Vrook likely wasn't far behind, but from gut, instinct, and the evidence we have, I have to go with Mace.

Deus Ex
That is, of course, a huge generalization and the term Old Republic used in visual guides doesn't neccessarily refer to ALL of the pre-Empire Republic.

Darth Faunus
Well, of course. But considering the lack of substantial evidence we have in support of Vrook, all we actually can do is look at what Mace has in his favor, and then try and use logic to go from there. It's 'Luke vs. Ragnos' all over again.

Se7in
Vrookticious.

Illustrious
This goes nowhere from a lack of knowledge on Vrook. We know he was on the council, used the force, and that's about it.

Se7in
Illustrious is right actually. I withdraw my initial decision.

Darth_Glentract
We also saw that he was basically in charge after Vandar died. It seems that he was second in command of the Order. He also looked old enough to have fought in the Great Sith War. Still, not much.

Fishy
Lets see what do we know about Vrook.

We know he was on the high council and the second most important person there.

We know that he was considered powerful enough to train Revan a second time, thats why he was on Dantooine.

We know that he survived the Jedi purge, and the Jedi Civil War. And vrook is going to be an important target. Hell he probably survived the bombardment on Dantooine, the only one along with Vandar. Well that or he was away with Vandar doing something else but I doubt that. Seeing as they had to stay on Dantooine in case Revan would go there.

We know that he was probably more powerful then Kavar who could beat Malak, evidence? Higher position in the council, and Vrook teaches you the most important thing there is. He teaches you the most powerful form or the most powerful force technique in Kotor II. So that means he is probably very powerful.

He's also the only Jedi Master except for Atris that Kreia really has an opinion on. Probably for a damn good reason.

Well its all really inconclusive and vague, still I think Vrook is pretty powerful. I won't dare arguing he can defeat Mace though.

Se7in
Just because he was an important figure doesn't mean is a great duelist. Yes, Vrook is a powerful Jedi, but as far as good enough to take Mace, we don't know. Who has he beat, what form does he use, does he have any battle experience, what Force powers did he specialize in?

Tangible God
Most LA men would say Windu, for the simple sake of, "Well he's black, man."

Fishy
Originally posted by Se7in
Just because he was an important figure doesn't mean is a great duelist. Yes, Vrook is a powerful Jedi, but as far as good enough to take Mace, we don't know. Who has he beat, what form does he use, does he have any battle experience, what Force powers did he specialize in?

Read the last sentense of my previous post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.