Motown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

musictopper53
Hey people, what music are you listening to? Lately I'm into the oldies Motown hits like Marvin Gaye, Rick James, or the Jackson 5. If anyone's interested, I found out Motown is offering signed items from artist like these and many more. You can find it on
wwwuniversalmusicstorecom/motown
-Enjoy

ElectricBugaloo
Motown=good

bader40
Motown=yawn then deep sleep thumb down

KMC
Good old Marvin Gaye! "Heard it on the Grapevine"= CLASSIC!

KAte xx

ElectricBugaloo
Motown is awesome.

Marvin Gaye
Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
The Four Tops
Jackson 5
Diana Ross
The Supremes
and who could forget---

Stevie Wonder

KMC
I agree with most of those but,like alot of ppl, Stevie's workhas gone down hill. "I just called to say I love you"????? That really is scraping the bottom of the metephorical barrel!!

Kate xx

ElectricBugaloo
Innervisions and Songs in the Key of Life make up for anything bad Littlle Stevie could do

KMC
Still, just no excuse for THAT song...

Kate xx

Jeff_Atello
I love Motown, and if most people my age knew that(I'm 16), then I'm sure I would be persecuted, so to speak. But oh well. I love all old music, because it is the basis for today's music that I love as well. I love 50's rock, where it all started...Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Elvis, Buddy Holly...they are all great. Most people don't realize that Rock & Roll started out as a black genre of music and had it not been for them, we wouldn't have the great artists of today.

steely balls
i love motown grew up on motown...marvin gaye is the king of soul/r&b
my favorite song of his is mercy mercy me

VilleValo462
never really liked it .. but its listenable

alic88
motown rulez. jackson5 have been my fav. all though i m just 16 i love motown. did n e 1 ever c MOTOWN 25:YESTERDAY TODAY AND FOREVER in which michael jackson did the moonwalk for the first time. that was amazing

KMC
I'm 14 and I like some classic 'town. It's just one of the genres that ive grown up listening to.
Anybody who'd "persecute" you about listening to it clearly has no understanding for class. But we've all got our individual tastes...blah blah blah

Kate xx

steely balls
i never had anybody make fun of me for listening to it, people like it i grew up on it since i was a baby i grew with all kinds of genres of music....if they did say shit to me i would give them a swift kick in the ass for being retarded

ElectricBugaloo
They were probably talking to this person

badkittykitty
is al green motown?al green is the shizzle

ElectricBugaloo
i think he was on capitol

steely balls
hes motown

KMC
I was yes but nevermind. All views are welcome. My friend told me i had a really closed mind to music because i dont like pop- i laughed at her.laughing Does anyone think that was wrong? I pride myself on my musical taste!

Kate xx

Jeff_Atello
If you say you don't like poo, but have never heard it, then you are closed-minded. But if you have heard it, and don't like it, then your friend is stupid for saying you're closed-minded. Pop just means popular, anyway.

steely balls
u said poo

ElectricBugaloo
i listen to pop.

the shins
the beatles
the beach boys...

KMC
She's not stupid she just needs re-directing.
You're right pop does mean popular but its been re-defined, i think. Just like rhythm and blues (i think The Beatles came into this genre rather than today's pop) is now r'n'b but a different style of music.
It really depresses me about how much crap there is around. Maybe i'm being overly sensitive?

Kate xx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.