Who thought FYEO should have been more than PG?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Etrigan
Next to LIcense to Kill, which is a 15 over here in England, FYEO was a really violent Bond film and I thought it should have been more thank a PG. Here are some of the points:

-A man in a giant diving armour suit thingy is blown up by a bomb and a mushroom cloud of blood goes up in the water.
-Bond throws a knife into a man who falls a VERY long way off a mountain and we see him hit the floor.
-Lots of people get crosbow bolts through their hearts/arms/backs, usually with quite a bit of blood.
-Bond kicks a man in a car off a cliff and we see the mangled driver's corpse laying next to the wreckage after.
-A man is crushed by a huge rolling barrel.
-The Havelocks lie dead after being gunned down, with blood spattered all over their clothes.
-There are floating bodies with wide eyes and open mouths drifting around in the boat wreck.

Enough to make it a bit higher than PG, i think.
What are your thoughts on this?

yerssot
the whole idea of the movie was to make it more dark, that's why they let Bond kick off the car ... so they had to get blood in and people dying every five seconds.
That said, PG is right: parental guidance because some parts may be unsuited for children. They could have given a PG-13 to give a sterner warning, but will those children really get horrified by the blood? have they noticed? do they get the consequence of bond kicking the car?

dave123
PG13 isn't an English thing stick out tongue

yerssot
wow, easy answer big grin

dave123
Although we now have 12A, which is the same thing, I think yes Well, pretty much

yerssot
but that's now, so that's too late

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.