Gambit vs Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Searched for this one and didnt see it so here goes... Two energy blasters going head to head which one will get a hit in first... Takes place inside Madison Square Garden... Gambit has a limitless supply of objects to charge.

DarkCrawler
Cyclops.

nimbus006
The problem i see is Gambit can throw very long distances where as Cyclops can fire his blasts alot farther.. but Gambit is a much better fighter and more agile so if he can dodge some blasts or stealth his away close enough to Cyclops he can definetely put him out

black robb
even though i love Gambit Cyke wins...sorry my cajun homie

brainchild81
Cyclops wins. As for Gambit's the much better fighter thing, don't be so sure. Cyke always spent alot of time training. Once when the X-Men had gotten punked by Proteus, Cyke had to start a fight w/Wolvie in order to keep Wolverine from being a p***y from that point on. Cyclops beat up the team for good measure and it wasn't all blasting either. Wolverine thanked him for it later. Cyclops can knuckle if he has to.

pr1983
cyclops takes it... and is gambit a better fighter?

brainchild81
I'm thinking no. Read my finished above post. Also for what it's worth, Marvel.com has Gambit's fighting skills @3 and Cyclops @4. Slim would also be too smart for him.

pr1983
Originally posted by brainchild81
I'm thinking no. Read my finished above post. Also for what it's worth, Marvel.com has Gambit's fighting skills @3 and Cyclops @4. Slim would also be too smart for him.

i actually missed your post... embarrasment

people keep telling me how great a fighter gambit is... i just wondered how good he actually was... i've always considered cyke to be better...

black robb
Gambit has had way more physical fights than Cyclops and he could even hold his own with Psylocke and Wolvie so i say he is a better hand to hand combatant

pr1983
Originally posted by black robb
Gambit has had way more physical fights than Cyclops and he could even hold his own with Psylocke and Wolvie so i say he is a better hand to hand combatant

have u got pics or a link? i'm genuinely curious...

black robb
i cant post any pictures but there are many instances of Gambit going one on one with Wolvie

Draco69
Gambit is a better hand to hand combatant. But he's a bit of an idiot when it comes to tactical strategy. Cyclops will keep a cool head and would put Gambit down.

Or just take of his visor and blast the French bastard to New Orleans.

black robb
Originally posted by Draco69
Gambit is a better hand to hand combatant. But he's a bit of an idiot when it comes to tactical strategy. Cyclops will keep a cool head and would put Gambit down.

Or just take of his visor and blast the French bastard to New Orleans. even though he isnt as good of a tactican as Cyke he did manage to outsmart Wolverine in a danger room duel

pr1983

Or just take of his visor and blast the French bastard to New Orleans.

either one works for me big grin

Draco69
That's nice. It was duel. And his french cologne probably distracted him.

long pig
I hope they both kill each other.

brainchild81
?

black wolverine
cyclops is gay gamibt is a pimp and ceeps his hoes in check gambit wins just 1 explosion and gambit wins

brainchild81
Ahhh, youth. Cyclops isn't gay. He lays pipe to Jean on a regular basis and he probably tapped Emma too. One blast and Gambit's down for the count. Cyclops is the man. That's why he leads and Gambit follows.

pr1983
Ahhh, youth. Cyclops isn't gay. He lays pipe to Jean on a regular basis and he probably tapped Emma too. One blast and Gambit's down for the count. Cyclops is the man. That's why he leads and Gambit follows.

not forgetting psylocke big grin

brainchild81
Oh yeah. Her too. Cyclops rules!

pr1983
Oh yeah. Her too. Cyclops rules!

wow... i have never heard anyone say that before... ever... i agree completely... but... wow...

Piedmon

Yeah, don't listen to Marvel.com..... ever..... they like put Sabretooth's strength as equal to Rogue's and crap like that....

brainchild81
True, that's why I said for what it's "worth". I still think so because Cyke stays in the Danger Room and I'm pretty sure he'd get bored w/shooting s**t all the time. But honestly, even if he doesn't have more knuckle game he'd win because all he really has to do is look @ him. He is a superior tatician

hoorayforpeepee
cyclops would win most the time, but gambit certainly has the ability to win. if gambit knew he had to fight cyclops to the death, he could charge himself with kinetic energy and become fast/agile enough to dodge cyclop's blasts. then all it takes is a well placed card...

cyclops has boned the most attractive ladies in marvel...what's next, a torrid fling with invisible woman?

and cyclops is proficient with a number of martial arts, but i think gambit has actually mastered the staff. don't know though...

on another note, if gambit were to fully charge on object the size of a basketball, how big would the explosion be? i mean, a practically 2 dimensional card makes a blast comparable to a grenade...

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
cyclops would win most the time, but gambit certainly has the ability to win. if gambit knew he had to fight cyclops to the death, he could charge himself with kinetic energy and become fast/agile enough to dodge cyclop's blasts. then all it takes is a well placed card...

cyclops has boned the most attractive ladies in marvel...what's next, a torrid fling with invisible woman?

and cyclops is proficient with a number of martial arts, but i think gambit has actually mastered the staff. don't know though...

on another note, if gambit were to fully charge on object the size of a basketball, how big would the explosion be? i mean, a practically 2 dimensional card makes a blast comparable to a grenade...

doesnt it take him more time to charge something the larger it is?

nimbus006
Gambit is a better hand to hand combatant especially with his staff, now yes Cyclops is a much better tactician and has better range with his optic blasts which is why my vote goes to cyclops, but if Remy did manage to dodge a couple blasts he is very accurate with his cards at can charge more than one at a time, and remeber Gambit is a thief, so he is probably very profient in the art of Stealth, and they are fightinmg inside Madison Square Garden so im sure Gambit can sneak up on Cyke and fry his *ss... so i dont know i say cyclops 6/10

hoorayforpeepee
i always thought so, but i have heard people say that he is now skilled enough to charge it as fast as he wants, and he can control when it explodes and if it explodes to its true potential.

long pig
I'm not sure if i ever saw Gambit with anyone other than a woman he couldnt touch......hmm....
All that "charm" ability and he chases a girl he can't ever smash.....hmmmmmmm.
That's quaint isnt it?

pr1983
Originally posted by long pig
I'm not sure if i ever saw Gambit with anyone other than a woman he couldnt touch......hmm....
That's quaint isnt it?

omfg... laughing

hoorayforpeepee
gambit just got pwned.

black robb
Originally posted by long pig
That's quaint isnt it? Gambit should hook up with Storm
no one can resist the brown sugar...afro

black robb
Originally posted by black robb
Gambit should hook up with Storm
no one can resist the brown sugar...afro nothin' like that brown booty...

armandovalles
gambit wins, easily. He just keeps dodging cyke's blasts until hes close to him and then charges his visor and blows it in cyke's face.

Metalmanx
I do think Cyclops would win, but I just want to clear up another thing. Gambit has EXCELLENT fighting skills. He fights pretty much in the same way that Spike from Cowboy Bebop fights. He uses a lot of his opponents' attacks against them and such. And not just that, he is incredible on the offensive. He is much faster and more agile than Cyke, too. But Cyke does have the more expierence, and just the better abilities. His optic blasts will pretty much seal this fight, since they would be extremely difficult for even Gambit to dodge.

If Cyke and Gambit were powerless, Gambit would beat him like a red-headed stepchild.

brainchild81
Originally posted by armandovalles
gambit wins, easily. He just keeps dodging cyke's blasts until hes close to him and then charges his visor and blows it in cyke's face. Easier said than done. Slim's a good shot and he's got wide angle beams too.

Swanky-Tuna
He'd really have to get close wouldn't he? 'Cause if Gambit tries to throw anything, Cyclops would probably blow it up in his hand or something.

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He'd really have to get close wouldn't he? 'Cause if Gambit tries to throw anything, Cyclops would probably blow it up in his hand or something.

which of course he is accurate enough to do...

FieryBalrog
cykes blasts are light speed and he's a great shot, and he has wide angle beams...

not very hard for him I'd say.

Draco69
Cyke's blasts aren't lightspeed. Not even close.

Though Cyke would win anyway.

pr1983

where did this assumption come from that they're lightspeed?

mr.smiley
I say cyclops wins.Unless gambit suprises him.

Draco69
Because it looks like a beam of light.

If Cyke's blast WERE lightspeed then he would be alot more powerful.

pr1983
Because it looks like a beam of light.

If Cyke's blast WERE lightspeed then he would be alot more powerful.

yeah...

from what ive seen i'd say there somewhere between a blaster/phaser speed and bullet speed...

mr.smiley
I realy don't know what it would be.
They pretty much are instant.which would implie that they are realy fast

Draco69
It's not instant. Numerous human beings have dodged, deflected his blasts so it's obviously not lightspeed. It's around 300 to 500 mph at most.

pr1983
It's not instant. Numerous human beings have dodged, deflected his blasts so it's obviously not lightspeed. It's around 300 to 500 mph at most.

its usually more to do with his accuracy than their speed...

mr.smiley
yeah.What i'm saying is when he wants it to happen,it realy doesn't seem like their's a waiting period.

pr1983
Originally posted by mr.smiley
yeah.What i'm saying is when he wants it to happen,it realy doesn't seem like their's a waiting period.

oh, you mean firing?

FieryBalrog

hm, oh ok, I thought they were lightspeed concussive blasts. but i guess not.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by pr1983
oh, you mean firing?

yeah

mr.smiley
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
hm, oh ok, I thought they were lightspeed concussive blasts. but i guess not.

It seems like i've read that somewhere

DarkCrawler
Concussive blasts? Yes.

Lightspeed? No.

pr1983
Originally posted by mr.smiley
yeah

ok... yeah...

he has an almost inhuman mastery of trajectory, that tends to be one of his main talents when it comes to his accuracy...

mr.smiley
In one of the uncanny collection books (the ones reprinted in black and white),in the back it had stats on cyclops.I'll read about it.I do remember,however,in that book it said his beam is 1 pound of pressure per square inch.

BENITO
everyone knows how I'm can vote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.