Why is Psychology the Most Popular Major?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
No offense to psych majors or anyone looking to be a psych major, but I'm very curious as to why this major is the most popular major in the country. I have a few of my own theories but I would like to hear from everyone else.

Bardock42
Cause itz is easy...and you make good money out of BS .....nah actually Psychology is quite fun...as pastime hobby.

mechmoggy
I blame Ally McBeal.

If only there was a tv programme made to make Engineering sexier, and hence more popular.

Hey, I could star in it! roll eyes (sarcastic)

WindDancer
Because certain people build this false illusion that if you know psychology you can control other people's mind. Which is absolutely false. Psychology is a very extensive and dedicated major to complete.

Bardock42
Ally Mc Beal was great I would thingk it promoted law though not psychology.

Capt_Fantastic
For me, it would be a matter of better understanding of those around me. I know how I think, and I'm usually pretty good at judging what other people think, but I wouldn't mind having a frame of reference to draw upon to reach my conclusions.

mechmoggy
I was talking about the shrink they had in it... no wait she was an idiot.

Well then I blame the shrinks they have appear in all programmes today. It seems tv plots have to have a shrink involved at some point.

Kiu Dun
Really, I see that like a fourth of my pschology class dropped psychology and did something else.

And I'm a major in Psychology cuz I always was fascinated by my brother's work.(He's a pyschologist).

Lana
I actually was majoring in art, until I took a psychology class. I was so fascinated by it that I decided to change my major. It's very interesting learning about how the mind works and how people think the way they do.

sailormoon
I'm thinking about psychology, but I don't wanna control peoples' minds!! I also know it takes a LOT of work so I'm still thinking... Especially after Gothika. It seems interesting though! I thought pediatrics was the biggest major.

moviejunkie23
actually i think its sort of a status symbol for people, look at me i am a bright intelligent Psych major, woohoo.
thats my opinion

whirlysplat
As a Molecular Biologist, I laugh at psychologists egotistical opinions of themselves. Stick that in your pipe Freud.

Big Evil
Because people want to feel big, atleast those i've had the pleasure of talking too. They think just cause they know how the human brain works they know everything about you.

They like to classiefy me as mentaly unstable, which I am, but that's not thier problem now is it? I then retort with thier flaws and stuff, they try to play that act "How do you know? Did you go to college mr.dropout?" "No idiot, I'm just observant." Click Click Boom.

Alot of people come to me as you would a therapist. I'm always willing to listen and have been called very wise beyond my years and if it makes them feel better cool. Funny how I help other people with thier mental anguish yet I suffer greatly from paranoia, depression, and schizotypal syndrome. I'm talking Batman level psychosis here..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.