Kickin A#% Ian McDiarmid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arggie
Come all! Show your appreciation for Ian McDiarmid. Some 22 years ago, Ian McDiarmid was in his mid 30's, His role as THE Emperor Palpatine made a deep impact on many who would not care to know his name until he reprised the role of Palpatine in The Phantom Menace in 1999.

But all us hardcore fans know his reprisal is not until now, playing the newly installed Emperor. Dum dum dum....So shout out for this seasoned actor and his masterful performance as one of the greatest villains whom we've imagined ourselves telling him, "you've failed your higness, i am a jedi."

eXSBass
**Claps** Ian is by far, one of, if not, the best villain I have ever seen being protrayed by a character.

He's just got that "mean son of a *****" attitude inside himself.

XX Emperor XX
my user name says it all on what I think about Ian and the character he plays

Darth_Sidious01
Hecks yeah...Ian McDiarmid's a pimp

Stefan Kojic
He plays a character of pure evil. His performance is nothing less than amazing. smile

Eleonora
I prefer him in this new trilogy 'cause I always thought that in the old one some lines were delivered in a..... ehm.... well.... ridiculous way ("I told you to rHemHain on the commHand ship", very French laughing out loud, but I think the worst one is "We are quite safe from your friends hIeRre" laughing ). Other than that, he is totally evil, I love it when he says that the shield "will be quite operational" when his friends come, you really think "This twisted f***!!!".

Darth_Sidious01
^ laughing I loved that! I just thought OMG this dude is EEEEVIlll

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by Stefan Kojic
His performance is nothing less than amazing. smile

Word! cool

Texansfan05
Ian is gonna kick A$$ in Episode 3 devil

palpy_666
Ian McDiarmid is by far my most favorite actor. He is absolutely astonishing. His portrayal of Palpy is superb. It takes quite a bit of acting skills to play the same character but in two different ways-- regular Palps and deformed palps. He does a great job at shifting his voice when he plays deformed Sid... Very, very talented.

Palps is gonna be so bad ass with his saber skills in Ep. III, I just know it!

Lord S
Yeah I too enjoy watching him...he rocks!

Lord Sidious was my original username, in honour of his character, when I first started in online communities many years ago...but I later shortened it.

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by Arggie
"you've failed your higness, ."

HIGHNESS

DCLXVI
Ian McDiarmid, (sp?), is indeed a great actor, and not only in his roles as Palpatine. wink
In the OT, I particularly enjoyed his monologues in RotJ, (his only monologues in the OT stick out tongue ), and they really made me love Star Wars all over again after ESB when RotJ came out back in the '80s....

ickeris2003
yep by far he is the best actor ever. i love him when he plays both characters smile

Darth_Sidious01
Ooo..remember the line "Wipe them out....all of them." One of the most memorable lines for his character right next to "So be it...Jedi."

Darth Subjekt
He is the REAL Dr. Evil.

"Little Luke likes choclate, Vader dooon't"

"it is my giant laser on my ""DEATH STAR""!"

kremzike
Oh, i'm afraid the acting of Ian McDiarmid will be quite phenomenal when this film arrives.

It's impossible to not love Ian as Palpatine/Sidious, and i'm positive that ROTS will only strengthen my opinion.

theflyxx
McDiarmid's voice as the Emperor/Palpatine is hypnotic. His delivery is amazing. I love the way he says his lines in the ROTS trailers and the way he pronounces and emphasizes certain words.

In ROJ, tell me you didn't want to strike him down right then and there when he told Luke, "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive." in that mocking tone.

And you can't forget, "And now, young Skywalker.......you will die."

Lord S
"Viceroy, I don't want this stunted slime in my sight again!"

"I will make it legal"

I heard that his lines in ROTS are supposed to be unforgettable. People are predicting that his lines will show up in the signatures of many people's emails and forum messages for a long time to come.

15 days, woo hoo! I can't wait.

DARTH DADDY
Diddo to what all has been said already.

He is an amazing actor, and his deliverance is extraordinary. How can Star Wars become any better, having the top two noted bad guys in all of movie history. Way to GL.

Darth_McDiarmid
Ian McDiarmid is the one actor in this new trilogy who is the most seasoned and the most believeable of all the new Star Wars characters. I really think this new film is going to be awesome because Ian is an incredible talent and with the driving power of evil behind his character as well as the balance he must create to lure Anakin to the Dark Side, well, that's not an easy feat to pull off. But from what he has done with the other episodes, he will have no problem pulling this off.

It is just too bad that Ian was not originally part of TESB because he would've made that film good, too. I like that George put him in the DVD edition, but I can only think...what could've been???

Well it's fifteen datys until Anakin's journey toward the Dark Side is complete. How many other Star Wars fans are going out of their minds with excitement and coutning the days, hours, or seconds (for those of you neurotic fans) until our final "gift" from George Lucas is given?

Ian McDiarmid is a true talent, and a major asset to the "Star Wars Six."
Thank you Mr. McDiarmid for playing it so wonderfully for the fans. You are truly one dark mack daddy!!!!

((The_Anomaly))
Ian's performance as palpatine in all the SW movies he's been in is astonishing. he's by far the best actor in the entire series.

Arggie
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
HIGHNESS

OOOOOOOKKAAAAYYYYY. BLEH! thank you grammar teacher, it is possible for people to make mistakes. Does my writing suggest that I am one who speaks as monosyllabically as you do?

Sadako of Girth
McDiarmid all the way!!!
A real gravitas provider in the way that Alec Guiness was as Obi-wan..
The most outrageous of villains played with a seriousness and serious dynamic range as we see the progress of ep1-6...
He total command of both subtlety and evil grandeur and malicious, cold intent are so impressive....
He'll always be the man for personification of evil for me....
Top stuff..

Jedi Merc
A career in Star Wars to span three generations such as Ian's demands praise from anyone and everyone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.