Spamming...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
OK then...I've been here a while now but still not sure...near the start I was told by I think Korri (might be wrong) that spamming is posting on a thread where the last post was over a month old.

And obviously there's the blur, lalalalalala spam...^but is ^ true?
Because what if I want to say something on it & I can't & when new members join? Do we create a new thread about the exactly same thing or what!?

I want to post several places but like 2 months since someone posted.

And also the goth thread that was made in OTF, people started posted on that because they were old & that was over 1 month old, not by much though so is that an accepttion?

Linkalicious
That's not what Spamming is....

Spamming, by KMC definition, creating threads or posts taht promote a site other than KMC. Like if you had your own forum and you came here to tell people to go to your forum.

A generally unaccepted form of spam is when a member continously posts the same response in a thread over and over again.

What you're talking about is called "bumping" and that basically means your bumping it from one of the farther back pages up to the first page.

Anna85
erm

Blue Dragon
I see...& what's that for Anna? So can I bump a thread, but some people want it to die...can I start a goth thread in general talk area? There was one here but that's gone...

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Linkalicious
That's not what Spamming is....

Spamming, by KMC definition, creating threads or posts taht promote a site other than KMC. Like if you had your own forum and you came here to tell people to go to your forum.

A generally unaccepted form of spam is when a member continously posts the same response in a thread over and over again.

What you're talking about is called "bumping" and that basically means your bumping it from one of the farther back pages up to the first page.

yes Listen to the man he knows what he is talkilng about!jm

ApolloX
I thought spamming was posting pointless stuff and bothering people.

Blue Dragon
^ Also spamming...I did listen.

Blue Dragon
Soooo.....erm...bumping isn't allowed right? What if you want to carry on with a discussion of an old thread that may come back the life because more & more people join KMC?

Plus when posting one after another, even if there's a time space like an hour or a day is that still spamming? What if I forget to include a comment?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I see...& what's that for Anna? So can I bump a thread, but some people want it to die...can I start a goth thread in general talk area? There was one here but that's gone...

Necromancy is raising threads from the dead big grin

Bardock42
I think you can bring older threads back if you have some valueable information that wasn'T said like 200 times before....in the Off Topic it is different though I think...since there is no real discuswsion anyway....what you may not do is go to the last page and just say "bump eek! "

Blue Dragon
I see...but is there a time length for bring threads back to life? Sorry this is like 20 questions.

Ken Kenobi
You can bring any thread back to life, as long as you post a useful comment.

I've had people in the Episode III forum bring a thread back up that was three years old with a dumb comment such as "laughing out loud, this thread is old"

That right there is frowned upon.

But if you make a point valid to the thread, I don't see anything wrong in it.

Blue Dragon
OMG how bad was that!? That settles it then..so I can bring any thread back. Whoo!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.