The most powerful X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crimson Phoenix
Ok, Who do you think are the most powerful mutants?

rouge24
um.. i think there's already a thread for this, someone correct me if i'm wrong

Crimson Phoenix
I did a search and coudnt find one.

Crimson Phoenix
Oh well, since this thread is up, I'll make a list.

In no order, I think the top 10 are:

Franlin Richards
Scarlet Witch
Phoenix
Magneto
Cable
X Man
Storm
Iceman
Marvel Girl
Kid Omega

rouge24
oh ok, sry my bad, i was thinking "which mutants are omega level", there were two of those at one point. i'm sry

Crimson Phoenix
Yeah, that omega thing is my fault. I dont think that search button is working properly.

Anyway, I think the title of the most powerful mutants should go to the reality warpers.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix

Franlin Richards
Scarlet Witch
Phoenix
Magneto
Cable
X Man
Storm
Iceman
Marvel Girl
Kid Omega

marvel girl as in jean grey before the shuttle? (not that powerful)

or marvel girl as in jean grey in general... in which case she's also the phoenix, given that its part of her mutation and spirit.

rouge24

Franlin Richards
Scarlet Witch
Phoenix
Magneto
Cable
X Man
Storm
Iceman
Marvel Girl
Kid Omega

i agree with you, but who is kid omega?

and shouldn't prof.x be one of the most powerful? i mean, he is the strongest telepath on earth

rouge24
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
marvel girl as in jean grey before the shuttle? (not that powerful)

or marvel girl as in jean grey in general... in which case she's also the phoenix, given that its part of her mutation and spirit.

i think he(or she) means rachel summers, because she took her "mother"s code name

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by rouge24
i agree with you, but who is kid omega?

and shouldn't prof.x be one of the most powerful? i mean, he is the strongest telepath on earth

Kid Omega is quentin quire. ThoughXavier is the most powerful telepath in the world, he has already reached his peak. He cant get anymore powerful without really wearing himself out

i think he(or she) means rachel summers, because she took her "mother"s code name

Yeah thats what I meant wink

FieryBalrog

ah ok.

rouge24
yeah, i thought you meant rachel when you said that stick out tongue

stormfront13
i think storm should be there, the new scarlet witch, phoenix, maybe iceman, idk maybe bishop he can absorb anything

eleveninches
most powerful mutants:

Hyperion
Franklyn Richards
Legion
Cable
Stryfe
Nate
Proteus
Shadow King
ProX
Maggie
Jean (phoenix / dark phoenix)
Maddelyne
Apoc (with celestial tech)
Forge (with inventions)
Sinister
Rachel (askani/phoenix)
kid omega
Fantomex
Ultimatron
Huntsman
Sinister
Longshot (potentially)
Gambit (at 'new son' level)
Wanda

Crimson Phoenix
is that in order?

stormfront13
eleven you forgot storm, and is forge really one, ad is longsht really one also??

Crimson Phoenix
longshot isnt even a mutant, and niether is sinister

FieryBalrog
mr. sinister isn't a mutant either, or so i thought...

and i dont know if madelyne counts, shes a clone stick out tongue

eleveninches
sinister isnt technically a mutant in his natural form, but he has mutated his own genes.

Longshot isnt a mutant??? Oh well, never mind.

and it wasnt in that order.

and BTW, i didnt forget storm, i just dont think she's really that powerful.

pr1983
Originally posted by eleveninches
sinister isnt technically a mutant in his natural form, but he has mutated his own genes.

Longshot isnt a mutant??? Oh well, never mind.

and it wasnt in that order.

and BTW, i didnt forget storm, i just dont think she's really that powerful.

in comparison to your earlier list she isn't... most of those are top level mutants...

gambit? new son was an alternate, does he count?

Mainstream
I'd count New Son Gambit.

Crimson Phoenix
I guess its safe to say hat franklin richards is THE most powerful mutant in the world

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
I'd count New Son Gambit.

so we are counting alternates?

GuitarBunny
I think Scarlet Witch because even Magneto was afraid of her, so...

stormfront13
eleven it is proven that she is an omega. she can fit in w/the others in oyur list.

hoorayforpeepee
new sun gambit, franklin richards, scarlet witch, jean grey/rachel summers/kid omega (assuming that phoenix hosting is a part of their mutation), magneto, god cable/x-man,

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
eleven it is proven that she is an omega. she can fit in w/the others in oyur list.

she's not on that level, omega or not... its not an omega list...

stormfront13
but she has been alked about being with the top mutants. that list also had forge and longshot

pr1983
but she has been alked about being with the top mutants. that list also had forge and longshot

longshot was potentially...

and forge is, his limit is his imagination... he's like a technological green lantern...

eleveninches
Hyperion
Franklyn Richards
Legion
Cable
Stryfe
Nate
Proteus
Shadow King
ProX
Cassandra
Maggie
Joseph
Jean (phoenix / dark phoenix)
Maddelyne
Apoc (with celestial tech)
Forge (with inventions)
Sinister
Rachel (askani/phoenix)
kid omega
Ultimatron
Huntsman
Fantomex
Eighth Day Juggy
Xorn 1 (magneto clone)
Xorn 2
Sinister
Longshot (potentially)
Gambit (potentially, at 'new son' level)
Wanda
Mikhail Rasputin
Magik (uber version)
Captain Britain (protector of the omniverse version)

Crimson Phoenix
Franlin Richards IS a mutant. If you're born with superpowers, or with the potential, then you're a mutant- which is why longshot and sinister aint mutants. And is that list supposed to be in order cause I wouldnt say hyperion is the most powerful.

FieryBalrog
Franlin Richards IS a mutant. If you're born with superpowers, or with the potential, then you're a mutant- which is why longshot and sinister aint mutants. And is that list supposed to be in order cause I wouldnt say hyperion is the most powerful.

superman!

Crimson Phoenix
superman!

huh?

Paola
X-Men related guys

should I change thread title to 'Most powerful X-Men?' hmm

eleveninches
FR doesnt have the x-gene though, does he?

Crimson Phoenix
yes he does

rouge24
would Madeline Pryor count since she is a clone of jean grey? or are we not counting clones?

GuitarBunny
if she's a mutant then she's qualified

eleveninches
how can FR have the mutant gene if neither of his parents have it. THey are humans imbued with the power cosmic, not xgene-mutants

ayjay
waaait a sec.....wats longshot's power again?

belbel300
WOLVERINE !!!!! smile

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by ayjay
waaait a sec.....wats longshot's power again?

superhuman speed, agility and reflexes, alter all nearby probabilities to his advantage, scan objects for psionic imprints, throwing knives, grappling hooks

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by belbel300
WOLVERINE !!!!! smile

erm....no

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by eleveninches
how can FR have the mutant gene if neither of his parents have it. THey are humans imbued with the power cosmic, not xgene-mutants
I'm pretty sure all humans have the x-gene, its just not expressed. By your arguments, there would never have been any mutants since no one had the gene to begin with.

eleveninches
Longshot can alter probabilities, so he could make it impossible for anyone to harm him

Wickerman
I'm just gonna be silly here and take good ol' Apocalypse's list:

Xavier, Cyclops, Phoenix, Iceman, Storm, Cable, Polaris, Sunfire, Mikhail, Bishop, The Living Monolith and Magneto.

not in that order of power obviously wink

~wickerman~

niteshade
longshot is not a mutant he came to the x-men from the crunchcunnundrom a difrent univers than the x-men you know the home of mojo

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by Wickerman
I'm just gonna be silly here and take good ol' Apocalypse's list:

Xavier, Cyclops, Phoenix, Iceman, Storm, Cable, Polaris, Sunfire, Mikhail, Bishop, The Living Monolith and Magneto.

not in that order of power obviously wink

~wickerman~

What was the deal with that list. Was the twelve supposed to be the 12 most powerful mutants (which it clearly isnt), or just 12 mutants with the correct variety of powers?

MindFix
in no order:

Cable
X-Man
Prof. X/Onslaught
Jean Grey+her clone
franklin richards
Apoc.
Legion
Shadow King
Stryfe

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by MindFix
in no order:

Cable
X-Man
Prof. X/Onslaught
Jean Grey+her clone
franklin richards
Apoc.
Legion
Shadow King
Stryfe

I'd probably put the witch and her daddy there as well

Swanky-Tuna
Xorn's a mutant isn't he? He's got the "star for a head" gene.

Crimson Phoenix
yeah he's a mutant. He's got such a weird power. wonder when he'll be returning from limbo, he's been meditating in the woods for an awful long time

Wickerman
What was the deal with that list. Was the twelve supposed to be the 12 most powerful mutants (which it clearly isnt), or just 12 mutants with the correct variety of powers?

"Twelve key powerful mutants upon whom the fate of mutantkind rests. During her journey to our past from 2000 years in the future, Sanctity mentioned that humanity waited so long for the Twelve, and were sorely disappointed. This seemed to imply that the Twelve are not from our generation of mutants, but from some time in the future. However, Sanctity managed to delete all references to the Twelve (presumably the individual identities) from the original Master Mold, perhaps ensuring that they would survive and save the future. Recently, Destiny's diary revealed the identities of the Twelve: Xavier, Cyclops, Phoenix, Iceman, Storm, Cable, Polaris, Sunfire, Mikhail, Bishop, The Living Monolith and Magneto. However, the 12 were not gathered to save mankind. Rather, Apocalypse had his minions capture the mutants and hook them into a machine that was to channel all their power into him, enabling him to merge with the powerful form of Nate Grey and ascend to godlike levels. Fortunately, Magneto's inability to access his power shorted the machine, and the mutants fought Apcoalypse until Cyclops broke the link between him and Grey and was himself abosrbed. The 12 then managed to keep from directing their energies at Apocalypse, so that he was forced to flee."

However, this is by no means recent sad

~wickerman~

munkiesarus
The Twelve...augh...

stormfront13
well all the twelve do seem really powerful

munkiesarus
And if Storm wasn't one of the Twelve? stick out tongue

stormfront13
then they are still powerful, the fact that storm is one of the twelve just makes it all that better. i mean i do think that the twelve do belong with the group of most powerful mutants. but i also believe that storm is among the most powerful mutants. she is basically a weaker version of mother nature in a female body. and she is omaga. plus the fact that she controls one of the most powerful sources on earth

Crimson Phoenix
then they are still powerful, the fact that storm is one of the twelve just makes it all that better. i mean i do think that the twelve do belong with the group of most powerful mutants. but i also believe that storm is among the most powerful mutants. she is basically a weaker version of mother nature in a female body. and she is omaga. plus the fact that she controls one of the most powerful sources on earth

And she's purdy stick out tongue

munkiesarus
Ahahahah, that too...

Swanky-Tuna
They keep upping the anty with the mutants. Storm really isn't looking that powerful nowadays. Yeah, she can ruin the planet. Destroy the world's economies. But compared to people like Nate, Cable, Jean, Franklin, Iceman apparently, Magneto, Xorn... Why are there so many super powerful telepaths?

stormfront13
she is very powerful, she has good control over em fields, though not as good as magnetos, and has small control over electrons. and she has exhibited the ability to something with gravity as well. she could very well be amoungst the most powerful mutants.

Swanky-Tuna
she is very powerful, she has good control over em fields, though not as good as magnetos, and has small control over electrons. and she has exhibited the ability to something with gravity as well. she could very well be amoungst the most powerful mutants.
Anybody could end up the most powerful mutant. Heck, Wolverine could be turned into something more powerful than Living Tribunal.

stormfront13
but that wouldn't be naturally him. storm can naturally do all of those things. and aren;t omega mutants the most powerful mutants? because storm is omega. and if iceman is one of the mosty powerful mutants then shouldn't um... i can't remember his name but he is like icemans opposite(heat).......um... i think it was maybe firebird, or sunfre, idk he had control over plasma and things like that but basically he could do everything iceman could do excpet with plasma i think

Swanky-Tuna
but that wouldn't be naturally him.
Doesn't matter. They could write it like he's some kind of extrodanarly powerful entity. The claws, the human form, both illusions and his entire "life" was just a game to amuse him. The illusion was so secure that not even Phoenix knew. Blah blah blah blah blah.

Not all omegas are at the same level. She's certainly no Magneto or Cable.

K3VIL
Humus Sapiens
He's hella powerful

munkiesarus
He's also hella dorky looking stick out tongue.

stormfront13
yeah she's not on the same level as them but imo she is still amoung the most powerful. and she almost defeated magneto by herself a while back, and would have if it wasn't for colossus. and there was a comic that was never released where storm and cable share a big kiss. they both had feelings fr eachother

pr1983
yeah she's not on the same level as them but imo she is still amoung the most powerful. and she almost defeated magneto by herself a while back, and would have if it wasn't for colossus. and there was a comic that was never released where storm and cable share a big kiss. they both had feelings fr eachother

it wasnt colossus, it was magneto throwing colossus, if there had been any metal in the room he'd have hit her easily also...

she wasnt close to taking him down...

stormfront13
she was about to suffocate him and he knew it, he was close to passing out so he threw collossus at her

pr1983
she was about to suffocate him and he knew it, he was close to passing out so he threw collossus at her

yes, because thats how he fights, he uses metal as a weapon... so he won the way he usually does, using metal... meaning he won under normal circumstances...

stormfront13
but he would have lost if colossus wasn't there. he had time to do something to her, but for some reason couldn't so he just threw colossus at her. but i mean c'mon why send colossus to fight magneto?

pr1983
but he would have lost if colossus wasn't there. he had time to do something to her, but for some reason couldn't so he just threw colossus at her. but i mean c'mon why send colossus to fight magneto?

if colossus hadnt been there he'd have just used another piece of metal...

you make it sound like it was a cheap shot...

stormfront13
well it kinda was, and he had time to use another piece of metal. from what others have told me and from some of the pics i have seen he had time to do crap to her, but couldn't. he was going to pass oput so he used a last resort and used her own teammate as a battering ram

pr1983
well it kinda was, and he had time to use another piece of metal. from what others have told me and from some of the pics i have seen he had time to do crap to her, but couldn't. he was going to pass oput so he used a last resort and used her own teammate as a battering ram

it was intelligent fighting... not a cheap shot...

thats like saying if she was fighting cyclops and he shot her because she had a tornado about to hit him, then it was a cheap shot because the tornado would have beaten him...

it wasnt cheap, it was smart... he sensed the largest piece of metal that would hit storm and put her down, so he used it...

stormfront13
well imo it was a cheap shot.... he couldn't beat her himself so he used someone who thinks of storm as a sister and loves her to beat her. do you know the issue number this happened in?

pr1983
well imo it was a cheap shot.... he couldn't beat her himself so he used someone who thinks of storm as a sister and loves her to beat her. do you know the issue number this happened in?

he did beat her himself, by using a source of metal... thats how he fights... whether its colossus or a girder of a piece of steel... its colossus' own fault for being in metal form in the first place...

i cant remember the issue number, though i know i have it... i'll look it up...

FieryBalrog
storms power levels vary depending on the writer. Claremont has a particular bad habit of using female characters as Mary Sues (storm, psylocke, etc.). Like suddenly Storm neutralizes a bomb by using "Jovian pressure fields" or whatever.

currently shes not being written that powerful under davis.

FieryBalrog

how was using colossus a cheap shot?? confused

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
They keep upping the anty with the mutants. Storm really isn't looking that powerful nowadays. Yeah, she can ruin the planet. Destroy the world's economies. But compared to people like Nate, Cable, Jean, Franklin, Iceman apparently, Magneto, Xorn... Why are there so many super powerful telepaths?

if you notice, all the telepaths on that list are related to Jean. stick out tongue

and the 12 weren't the most powerful mutants. Cyclops, for example, isn't all that powerful in terms of sheer power. Neither is Sunfire. its just 12 mutants apocalypse selected with some random logic behind it.

pr1983
if you notice, all the telepaths on that list are related to Jean. stick out tongue

and the 12 weren't the most powerful mutants. Cyclops, for example, isn't all that powerful in terms of sheer power. Neither is Sunfire. its just 12 mutants apocalypse selected with some random logic behind it.

its not to do with his mutant power, its to do with the fact that his dna combined with jean spawns some of the most powerful marvel characters in existence...

he's powerful in his own way...

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by pr1983
its not to do with his mutant power, its to do with the fact that his dna combined with jean spawns some of the most powerful marvel characters in existence...

he's powerful in his own way...

to be sure. but if we were talking raw power, apocalypse would have selected a different 12. The Living Monolith? I mean the guys basically a Havok.

pr1983
to be sure. but if we were talking raw power, apocalypse would have selected a different 12. The Living Monolith? I mean the guys basically a Havok.

i'd say several of the twelve wouldnt be included if it was based on raw power...

FieryBalrog
i'd say several of the twelve wouldnt be included if it was based on raw power...

yea smile

although, I suppose leadership is a sort of "power", not a mutant power but a personal power. And cyclops definitely wins there.

pr1983
yea smile

although, I suppose leadership is a sort of "power", not a mutant power but a personal power. And cyclops definitely wins there.

if he just had his power he'd be useless... being able to calculate complex firing angles is something special imo...

FieryBalrog
if he just had his power he'd be useless... being able to calculate complex firing angles is something special imo...

he definitely wouldnt be useless. hes referred to as the most powerful x-man several times out of the original team (when bobby and jean were much weaker).

pr1983
he definitely wouldnt be useless. hes referred to as the most powerful x-man several times out of the original team (when bobby and jean were much weaker).

yeah, one of my fonder memories... but i mean that he wouldnt be as important to the team if he wasnt such a good leader or tactician...

FieryBalrog
yeah, one of my fonder memories... but i mean that he wouldnt be as important to the team if he wasnt such a good leader or tactician...

not anymore, no... power levels have really gone up. (yay Angel... the guy who flies!)

munkiesarus
I loved the way Ultimate X-Men showed Scott's tactical ability when Jean slipped into his mind. I suppose some of you here have read/seen it, but inside Cyclops mind there was a war going on and it was some Alien species.

Anyway, it was "Corsair" and it was this alien world in which Cyclops would devise strategies and play out battles when he was a kid...all in his mind. It was a really really cool panel.

pr1983
not anymore, no... power levels have really gone up. (yay Angel... the guy who flies!)

i dont get why people hate angel so much... sad

Originally posted by munkiesarus
I loved the way Ultimate X-Men showed Scott's tactical ability when Jean slipped into his mind. I suppose some of you here have read/seen it, but inside Cyclops mind there was a war going on and it was some Alien species.

Anyway, it was "Corsair" and it was this alien world in which Cyclops would devise strategies and play out battles when he was a kid...all in his mind. It was a really really cool panel.

what issue was that? i must see it...

munkiesarus
Arhghragh I don't remember...maybe you could try Googling "Ultimate X-Men Corsair"?

pr1983
Arhghragh I don't remember...maybe you could try Googling "Ultimate X-Men Corsair"?

ill find it... i must...

munkiesarus
Hahah...

It must've been in one of the later issues, cuz Jean was using her Phoenix powers. That might help, so you don't have to search from Issue 1 till like 15 or something.

pr1983
Hahah...

It must've been in one of the later issues, cuz Jean was using her Phoenix powers. That might help, so you don't have to search from Issue 1 till like 15 or something.

i have issues 1-45 i think... hopefully i can find the number...

FieryBalrog
I remember that issue. I believe its after issue 38... but I'm not positive.

Swanky-Tuna
That wasn't cheap, it was insult to injury. It was cruel. It was strategy. Two X-Men with one stone.

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That wasn't cheap, it was insult to injury. It was cruel. It was strategy. Two X-Men with one stone.

exactly... its how magneto does things... out-thinking you...

munkiesarus
A rather brilliant move, I must say. Must have way too easy, though, for Magneto to think of it.

armandovalles
Franklin Richards is easily the most powerful mutant. The comes Scarlet Witch.

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by armandovalles
Franklin Richards is easily the most powerful mutant. The comes Scarlet Witch.

Agreed

munkiesarus
Hmm, I've always heard he's the world's most powerful mutant. What exactly does he do?

Crimson Phoenix
Hmm, I've always heard he's the world's most powerful mutant. What exactly does he do?

He manipulates reality, creates pocket dimensions, astral projection, and precognition. Has the potential to be a powerful telepath and telekinetic, and he's still a kid

stormfront13
does anyone know who is the writer that is writing storm now?? i don't like him at all. imo he doesn't really get storm the way he writes her. he makes her seem much weaker than he is and he makes her seem like a bad leader imo. i wish they should get a new writer. i think storms power is one of the most powerful things, but the writer now makes her seem weak. if she ever trains with her control over electricity and electrons then she would be even more powerful. or if she trains more with her em manipulating field power. with the way she is written now i don't think she is one of the most powerful mutants... well she might be... but i think she definitley has more potential to be. right now i think she is just one of the strongest x-men. how come iceman was the only x-men to expierence and train with his powers, but none of the x-men that can don't really. like i believe shadowcat could train to become more powerful, mystique could, nightcrawler could, roguecould, and all the people that have super strength could train to become more stronger, same with the telepaths, and storm definitley could. but for some reason the writers only allowed iceman to. buy anyway i believe storm might be one of the most powerful mutants, but if she traines more with her em field manipulating, electron control, and electricity control she could most definitley be one of the most powerful. and this might sound like a stupid question, but how does magneto make his force-fields??

FieryBalrog
storms being written by alan davis right now. You have to remember though, you can't have a character as powerful as she was under certain writers (like Claremont) on the team consistently. It kills the team dynamic. Its the same reason they keep killing Jean off, and tuning down Rachel when she joins the team.

pr1983
does anyone know who is the writer that is writing storm now?? i don't like him at all. imo he doesn't really get storm the way he writes her. he makes her seem much weaker than he is and he makes her seem like a bad leader imo. i wish they should get a new writer. i think storms power is one of the most powerful things, but the writer now makes her seem weak. if she ever trains with her control over electricity and electrons then she would be even more powerful. or if she trains more with her em manipulating field power. with the way she is written now i don't think she is one of the most powerful mutants... well she might be... but i think she definitley has more potential to be. right now i think she is just one of the strongest x-men. how come iceman was the only x-men to expierence and train with his powers, but none of the x-men that can don't really. like i believe shadowcat could train to become more powerful, mystique could, nightcrawler could, roguecould, and all the people that have super strength could train to become more stronger, same with the telepaths, and storm definitley could. but for some reason the writers only allowed iceman to. buy anyway i believe storm might be one of the most powerful mutants, but if she traines more with her em field manipulating, electron control, and electricity control she could most definitley be one of the most powerful. and this might sound like a stupid question, but how does magneto make his force-fields??

the problem with storm is that claremont hyped her up so much that now when someone tries to make her more normal it seems like shes being depowered...

honestly, emp's?

as i understand it magneto creates an electro magnetic field around himself... how? i dont know...

stormfront13
to me that doesn't make an sence. she's weaker than she was a long time ago. mutants powers are nautrally supposed to progress, not regress

stormfront13
if that's how magneto creates his shields then storm should be able to have a shield also because she has already wrapped herself and shinobi shaw in an emp field

pr1983
to me that doesn't make an sence. she's weaker than she was a long time ago. mutants powers are nautrally supposed to progress, not regress

claremont made them progress to far... she was too powerful in the first place...

if that's how magneto creates his shields then storm should be able to have a shield also because she has already wrapped herself and shinobi shaw in an emp field

she's nowhere near magnetos ability or power...

Crimson Phoenix
storms being written by alan davis right now. You have to remember though, you can't have a character as powerful as she was under certain writers (like Claremont) on the team consistently. It kills the team dynamic. Its the same reason they keep killing Jean off, and tuning down Rachel when she joins the team.

What u talking about? Alan Davis is the artist. Claremont is writing her now.

I dont see where you're seeing this week storm. The writer whoes writing her (claremont) had here nearly destroy the world last issue. Granted it was rachel controlling her power, but it shows storm is capable of alot.

stormfront13
did i ever say she was near his power level? all i said was that is how he does it then storm should be able to do it also because she has already surrounded herself with an em field. and all mutants are supposed to naturally progress in power, example secondary mutations. iceman has gotten stronger because his powers developed more, as did jeans when she could manifest the phoenix force, same with emma when she could tuen into diamond, and beast when he became class 4o. they had secondary mutations or their powers progressed. they became more powerful and kept it, but storm became more powerful, then is written weaker. to me that makes no sence.

stormfront13
i have told people that she is capable of destroying the world but no one believes me when i say it so i have stopped

pr1983
did i ever say she was near his power level? all i said was that is how he does it then storm should be able to do it also because she has already surrounded herself with an em field. and all mutants are supposed to naturally progress in power, example secondary mutations. iceman has gotten stronger because his powers developed more, as did jeans when she could manifest the phoenix force, same with emma when she could tuen into diamond, and beast when he became class 4o. they had secondary mutations or their powers progressed. they became more powerful and kept it, but storm became more powerful, then is written weaker. to me that makes no sence.

shes nowhere near his level, ergo should not be able to do the things he does...

and what, just because iceman gets one storm is entitled to one? she's strong enough already, and shes too old to evolve her powers anymore...

stormfront13
are you not paying attention to what i am saying?? the x-men espicially storm seem to be written less powerful. even those lizard things took them down, and took rachel who is one of the most powerful telepaths under their control. storm was more powerful in previous series, the writers aren't being consistant imo. she seems weaker then she was a while back. and storm is the same age as everyone else. but lets not make this thread about her and maybe we should stop

pr1983
are you not paying attention to what i am saying?? the x-men espicially storm seem to be written less powerful. even those lizard things took them down, and took rachel who is one of the most powerful telepaths under their control. storm was more powerful in previous series, the writers aren't being consistant imo. she seems weaker then she was a while back. and storm is the same age as everyone else. but lets not make this thread about her and maybe we should stop

you arent listening to me...

claremont put her up to such a ridiculously high level that a downgrade was due...

and no, storm cant destroy the world (not in any decent timeframe) unless as happened there is an outside influence...

Crimson Phoenix
you arent listening to me...

claremont put her up to such a ridiculously high level that a downgrade was due...

and no, storm cant destroy the world (not in any decent timeframe) unless as happened there is an outside influence...

To be fair, she probably could, but she'd have to be psychotically insane with no hope of returning to sanity.

pr1983
To be fair, she probably could, but she'd have to be psychotically insane with no hope of returning to sanity.

and how long would it take? days?

Crimson Phoenix
and how long would it take? days?

For the whole world, yeah

stormfront13
yeah we all know she would need help to something of that calibre. and she wasn't ridiculously powerful but claremont is still writing her and was inconsistant with her power level. he should have at least explained it instead of just making her weak, but imo he is making all the x-men seem weak by having them lose to those reptilians. i believe that if you have the power to be one of the best then you should utalize it, others have. i don't think writers should do downgrades, or upgrades, just let them progress with their powers, but not to ridiclous levels. and it doesn't make sence when they have so much power, then it's all gone

FieryBalrog
What u talking about? Alan Davis is the artist. Claremont is writing her now.

I dont see where you're seeing this week storm. The writer whoes writing her (claremont) had here nearly destroy the world last issue. Granted it was rachel controlling her power, but it shows storm is capable of alot.

oh woops. my mistake laughing

pr1983
For the whole world, yeah

when i say destroy the world, i mean defeat the x-men then lay waste to the planet... i cant see storm doing that unless she has a major headstart...

yeah we all know she would need help to something of that calibre. and she wasn't ridiculously powerful but claremont is still writing her and was inconsistant with her power level. he should have at least explained it instead of just making her weak, but imo he is making all the x-men seem weak by having them lose to those reptilians. i believe that if you have the power to be one of the best then you should utalize it, others have. i don't think writers should do downgrades, or upgrades, just let them progress with their powers, but not to ridiclous levels. and it doesn't make sence when they have so much power, then it's all gone

claremont had her ridiculously powerful... do you know how much power goes into an emp? and to create one takes incredible control of magnetism... storm has neither...

Crimson Phoenix

But I guess u have to look at this realistically in terms of the writer. If you had someone who is ALWAYS superpowerful on the good team, there arent gonna be many good stories. The story probably wouldnt have been better if storm zapped all the hukka, went back home and had some tea.

FieryBalrog
iceman is an omega though. He's naturally gonna get more and more powerful as he learns his abilities. He has unlimited potential.

Someone like Professor X isn't going to get too many more upgrades, hes already ultra powerful and really old.

Crimson Phoenix
oh woops. my mistake laughing

Its alrite wink

stormfront13
yes, storm has both. she has the power, and magnetism and electricity are in a way related and she has more than enough electricity. and with the enemies the x-men have that wouldn't be how the fights would go, and she is still human and can be taken down by normak means

stormfront13
iceman is an omega though. He's naturally gonna get more and more powerful as he learns his abilities. He has unlimited potential.

storm is also an omea and has potential to become more and more powerful. with her small control over electrons, em manipulating, and electricity control combined with her weather control she has tons of potential also

pr1983
yes, storm has both. she has the power, and magnetism and electricity are in a way related and she has more than enough electricity. and with the enemies the x-men have that wouldn't be how the fights would go, and she is still human and can be taken down by normak means

no, she doesnt...

she is not that powerful, she has electricity, not magnetism... if they were so related magneto would hit his enemies with electric blasts...

storm is also an omea and has potential to become more and more powerful. with her small control over electrons, em manipulating, and electricity control combined with her weather control she has tons of potential also

no, she doesnt... iceman has so much potential cos he never bothered his arse to do the training...

storm trains, she wont get much stronger if at all...

stormfront13
but let's not make this about storm and talk about something else

stormfront13
and he can hit his enemies with electrical blasts, but he doesn't for some reason.

Crimson Phoenix
Yeah, didnt he do that when he first manifested his power

stormfront13
i am pretty sure he did, and hasn't he deflected storms lightning before?

pr1983
and he can hit his enemies with electrical blasts, but he doesn't for some reason.

omg... claremont would love you... you could be storms little cheerleader...

"what insanely unbelievably powerful feat will we make storm perform this week stormfront?"

"i dunno, lets beat the avengers and the x-men singlehandedly with emps... and lets open some black holes while were at it..."

"cool"

i apologise, but i couldnt resist...

FieryBalrog

Electricity is related to magnetism but Mags doesnt throw around electric blasts. Just like Storm doesnt bend metal to her needs.

stormfront13
that's because storm doesn't have that good control over magnetesim, and doesn't magneto have control over the entire em sprctrum or whatever it's called. and PR i am just stating what she can do or what is going on with her.

pr1983
i am pretty sure he did, and hasn't he deflected storms lightning before?

deflected, didnt control...

that's because storm doesn't have that good control over magnetesim, and doesn't magneto have control over the entire em sprctrum or whatever it's called. and PR i am just stating what she can do or what is going on with her.

^ that post agrees with my point completely...

stormfront13
but an emp doesn't rely enritely on magnetic impulses, electricity is involved also

Crimson Phoenix
Anyway, lets talk about something else...........so who else thinks beak is really ugly

pr1983
but an emp doesn't rely enritely on magnetic impulses, electricity is involved also

its more magnetic than electronic... storm has the electronic, not the magnetic...

Anyway, lets talk about something else...........so who else thinks beak is really ugly

yes, he is... sammy is ugly too...

Crimson Phoenix
its more magnetic than electronic... storm has the electronic, not the magnetic...

yes, he is... sammy is ugly too...

Oh dont get me started mr "ooh, my power is to look like a fish"

Oh and cassandra nova is ugly too...i mean that thing is supposed to be a woman sick

stormfront13
and electricity and magnetic are related, though storm isn't as powerful as magneto with magnetic control she proved strong enough to pull off an emp. and finally we are on another subject even though i have said we should drop storm 3 tmes

pr1983
Oh dont get me started mr "ooh, my power is to look like a fish"

Oh and cassandra nova is ugly too...i mean that thing is supposed to be a woman sick

laughing

and electricity and magnetic are related, though storm isn't as powerful as magneto with magnetic control she proved strong enough to pull off an emp. and finally we are on another subject even though i have said we should drop storm 3 tmes

they are related, but they are not intertwined... nuclear grade weapons have emps, storms fine little body doesn't...

you said drop it without giving me a chance to answer your point...

pr1983
damn double posts

FieryBalrog
storm sucks laughing

now we can talk about her for another 5 pages

Swanky-Tuna
Storm may become more powerful but she'd never be the most powerful mutant unless it was some crazy, unexpected upgrade. And Franklin Richards and Magneto took each other out. And Jean and all her jerkass super powerful telepath children died. And Xorn got sucked into his own head. And Forge died. Did that guy who could decypher anything die? And Scarlet Witch would have to take a fall.

stormfront13
i never said she was the most powerful mutant ever i said she might be one of the many. the title of the thread it most power mutants as in plural, not just one. and yeah i said we should stop talking about it because it was like two pages focused on her which got a little out of hand, and yes i know that she doesn't have control over magnetics but she has done an emp on more than one occcasion. and swanky why do you think that forge is one of the most powerful mutasnts? i don't think he is seeing as he could be taken down by so many people. and everyone says that if sue storm were a mutant then she'd be one of the most powerful mutants, then wouldn't that mean that celia reys is one of the most powerful mutants also? i mean reys is just a weaker version of sue.

munkiesarus
Wow, actually I believe Forge is very powerful.

Power doesn't have to be control over the atmospheric forces or Dark Lightning a la Darth Sidious, but something else entirely. Forge can create ANY MACHINE HE WANTS. Thus, he can create a machine designed specifically to kill Storm. He don't even have to think about it, he can just sit there and build it.

Therefore, he can create that machine that will kill Cyclops the second he enters a 6,000 feet radius. He can create the machine that will neautralize Storm's powers...oh, I'm sorry, he already did that big grin.

stormfront13
but doesn't he need time to do that? i think his power is one of the most powerful, but with a person like him having it i don't think it is

munkiesarus
Sure he needs time. But by now I'm sure he's built a nice little shelter which nothing can break in through so he can quietly build the machine that'll whoop Juggernaut while the Cytorrak holder tries to get in succesfully big grin.

And what do you mean? Like if Quicksilver had it it'd be better?

stormfront13
i mean of someother person had that power then i might think different of it. like a whole new person.

Swanky-Tuna
but doesn't he need time to do that? i think his power is one of the most powerful, but with a person like him having it i don't think it is
Yeah, it would take time. He's not like Magneto powerful. He's like Dr. Doom minus the insane armor powerful.

With an open ended power like that he could build an empire rivaled by no one. Even, dare I say, the Phoenix.

FieryBalrog
why doesnt forge just make a superweapon that allows the x-men to beat any enemy, and makes the humans tolerant of the mutants? huh? rolling on floor laughing

Swanky-Tuna
why doesnt forge just make a superweapon that allows the x-men to beat any enemy, and makes the humans tolerant of the mutants? huh? rolling on floor laughing
Because Marvel would lose money if Forge just outright built a boring story.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>