Agent Smith vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
Who wins?

armandovalles
superman could whup smith, hell, im going so far as saying supes could whup neo.

chilled monkey
If this is Smith at his strongest, when he was the Anti One, I think that he is powerful enough to defeat Superman

illadelph12
I agree.

Early Version Smith would more than likely not be a match for Supes, but after he acquired Sarif and The Oracle it's a completely different story and a completely different beast Supes would be dealing with. He can replicate a million duplicates of himself and each is as powerful as the original and has all of Neo's abilities save the 'Savior' code.

jplatinum
Smith from matrix 3 does have the power to whoop superman.
He also has the MA training to out fight superman.
Superman's only advantage is being about 100x stronger and 100x faster.
Superman can only fight at mach speeds(been proven)
it takes time and total focus for him to go above mach 4 or 5.
This will do him no good in a fight cause he has to be able to fight too.
He could just fly in for one speedblitz, but he is then left vulnerable if he misses, even though he probably won't at that speed.

His strength advantage is something to marvel at, but strength doesn't always determine the outcome of a fight.
If thats the case, every 350 lbs dude that benchpresses 800 lbs would thrash every 160 lbs dude that benchpresses 200 lbs and knows MA.
It doesn't matter much unless superman grabs him and Smith can't tiwst his wrist or break free.
Smith still has enough strength, enough power to hurt superman. That is what counts here.

All this being said,
Superman wins 6/10.
Smith takes 4/10.

jplatinum
I assume we are talkin' about post crisis supes not 1m or prime or pre-crisis.

illadelph12
How fast was Neo going in Reloaded when he flew threw the city and ripped everything up in his wake? I'd say that was a high mach speed. Supes may not have the speed advantage in the Earth's atmosphere. He doesn't go from Zero to Mach 4 instantly. Smith, on the other hand, even as a normal Agent in the first Film fought at high speeds and only got faster. It might be a wash unless Supes is going to fly to space and build momentum. And even then, theree's no guarantee Smith can't follow. He doesn't exactly need to breathe. Only thing Supes has is a VAST strength advantage, but that can be nullified by a skilled fighter.

And this is normal, Current Supes, right? Not one of his many derivitives.

illadelph12

armandovalles
neo when he was flying through the city was not anywhere near mach speed, it was only 600 miles per hour. If u have the dvd it tells u

Draco69
Smith would get his ass kicked. For god's sake, even if he had a million duplicates, Superman would just keep heat visioning them all until Smith gives up.

illadelph12
Originally posted by armandovalles
neo when he was flying through the city was not anywhere near mach speed, it was only 600 miles per hour. If u have the dvd it tells u

600 miles per hour ripped up the city like that?

Draco69
Not surprising.

illadelph12
Considering how small Neo is, it surprises me.

Draco69
He probably has this freaky "The One" aura around him or something.

lifeisaglich
Here is the whole deal inside the matrix Agent smith wins sipping on a cup of tea. Not inside the matrix superman lets Agent smith breaks his hand on his pinky little finger.

Draco69
I doubt he would win even in the Matrix. Superman's been in hundred virtual reality scenarios before. He always snapped out of it. It probably won't work on him because his brain operates faster than any computer and because of his alien physiology. The Matrix was designed for humans and humans only. It won't work on Superman.

lifeisaglich
That be all true, but superman has never been in a virtual reality that comes close to awsomeness that is the matrix. An again inside the matrix Agent smith wins. Outside the matrix superman wins.

Draco69
Let's see a futuristic Earthbound virtual reality vs. a cosmic alienworld bound virtual reality. Yeeeeeah.

No. Smith wouldn't win inside or out. Simply because the Matrix will not work on Superman. His brain is faster than any computer the Matrix has. The Matrix is made for humans. Not a Kryptonian who has a brain that operates at near-lightspeed.

lifeisaglich
The matrix dwarfs that alien tech in every way conceivable. Able to grow humans in farms so that it can eat. Basically using humans as batteries.

And I agree with you but inside the matrix superman will never lay a hand on smith. And the matrix can adapt. Theoretically speaking if for some reason the matrix can no longer grow humans (and all the humans are dead, extinct) and the only supply left were a bunch of kryptonians, the matrix will build a matrix just for the kryptonians and just start growing a new batch of kryptonians in its farm.

The Matrix is alive but at the same time it is not.
Let's see that alien virtual reality top this.

Piedmon
If they're fighting in the virtual world, I'd assume Superman has no compunctions about annihilating the terrain..... so he just punches the ground, fragments the entire continent, and lets the Smiths fall through the cracks....

Draco69
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
The matrix dwarfs that alien tech in every way conceivable. Able to grow humans in farms so that it can eat. Basically using humans as batteries.

And I agree with you but inside the matrix superman will never lay a hand on smith. And the matrix can adapt. Theoretically speaking if for some reason the matrix can no longer grow humans (and all the humans are dead, extinct) and the only supply left were a bunch of kryptonians, the matrix will build a matrix just for the kryptonians and just start growing a new batch of kryptonians in its farm.

The Matrix is alive but at the same time it is not.
Let's see that alien virtual reality top this.

The matrix dwarfs alien Kryptonian technology nearly 500 centuries in the future? What the f**k?

Ooooookay.

The second paragraph makes absolutely no sense. It is complete bull****. They had to study the humans for months before they could make a beta copy of the Matrix. Which failed. Numerous times. The Matrix was designed for humans. For hundreds of years. The machines would have to completely rewire the Matrix for Superman. They would require months or even years of testing. Which is why the Matrix won't work for Superman.

Cosmo Kramer
Maybe so but Superman can simply fly away from all of the major programs in the Matrix and fly so fast that it will over heat and he will escape. Then fly around the world fast enough to go back in time.

Draco69
That too.

grey fox
oh come off it youre working off of crap, 'ooooh his brain is so fast' pshhhhhhhh brain speed doesn't mean a damn thing youre brain can be moving at a hundred times faster then normal and you could still be as dumb as a monkey's ass

smith was a literal god in the matrix at the end of the film they just never actually show him flexing these awesome powers ....because smith can alter code and code is the buidlign blocks of the matrix

supes flies at smith ready to hit him with the force of a thousand wreckign balls when a sword is suddenyl sticking through supermans head oops game over for you superman

Draco69
You don't understand. His brain operates a near-lightspeed. The Matrix was designed for people whose brains operate at 200 mph. For Superman, he thinks at a rate that most humans cannot even comprehend. Imagine every thought you have in day. No imagine every thought you have in a day in a span of a second. That's how Superman's brain works. The Matrix manipulates the brain. However the Matrix would be extremely hard-pressed to manipulate Superman's brain particularly because it is operating at a speed that rivals its own.

The Matrix was meant for humans. Not Kryptonians who think at light-speed. Eventually the Matrix would burn itself out trying to manipulate Superman's brain.

And Superman is anything but stupid. He has made technology that would make Tony Stark look like an amateur.

Smith would lose. Particuarly because he is nowhere near Superman's strength, speed or durability. The Matrix or Agent Smith himself has never encountered a foe like Superman. Superman is leagues above Smith. Before the Matrix or Smith can create a counterprogram, Superman has already defeated Smith and escaped the clutches of the Matrix.

SithKiller
This thread really sux for supes....starwars

Draco69
More like for Smith. And the Matrix itself.

Matrix made for Humans. Not demi-god alien Kryptonians with complete different physiologies.

chilled monkey
Very good point about Superman's thought processes happening much faster than a human's. However, the Matrix was designed to generate a perfect simulation of reality for billions of minds. As the Minus One, Smith absorbed all of those minds and the entire Matrix. That was why it was raining and dark; Smith had rebuilt it in his own image.

The 'regular' Matrix could never stop Superman. But if all of that accumulated processing capability was turned against just one Kryptonian, it could work. At that point, Smith controlled the Matrix absolutely. Only Neo could stand against him as he had the same power.

Mider
did you all forget about Smiths cloning abilities why wouldnt He just build an army of Super Smiths and just kick Supes ass and you probably all forgot about Smiths new power of seeing the future.

lifeisaglich
The matrix is still more advanced than that alien tech 500 centuries in to the future. Because from what you tell me it still does not come close to the matrix.

Again the matrix did not start out using humans as a source of food. But rather it got the its energy from the sun. But since as the humans blocked out the sun it found an even better source of nourishment's. (Humans). Now this is what you call Adaptation.

Hypothetically speaking all I am saying is that if the matrix for some unknown reason cannot grow its humans in the farm and all the rest of the humans are extinct. But there are a bunch of krytonians on the planet you can bet that the matrix is going to build a matrix just for them. It may take years as you stated or two secs (who knows) but one thing is going to remain a constant, and the fact is, it is going to build a matrix just for them. (Adaptation)

Again in the real world Agent Smith loses. In the matrix superman bites the dust.

Draco69
The matrix is still more advanced than that alien tech 500 centuries in to the future. Because from what you tell me it still does not come close to the matrix.

I haven't even described it. How do you know? If the robots are so goddamn advanced why couldn't they come up with a way to fix the sky? The technology Superman has encountered had time machines, headnets, and telepathic liquid warmachines.

Again the matrix did not start out using humans as a source of food. But rather it got the its energy from the sun. But since as the humans blocked out the sun it found an even better source of nourishment's. (Humans). Now this is what you call Adaptation.

Wrong. The Matrix never even existed when the humans and machines when to war. The series of events go as such: humans creates robots, one robot kills humans, robots protest, humans destroy, robots build their own nation, robots own the stock market, humans cut off all trade with the robots, humans and robots go to war, robots practically winning, humans use last ditch effort call Operation Midnight, robots win the war, New York and UN nuked, first Matrix developed.

Hypothetically speaking all I am saying is that if the matrix for some unknown reason cannot grow its humans in the farm and all the rest of the humans are extinct. But there are a bunch of krytonians on the planet you can bet that the matrix is going to build a matrix just for them. It may take years as you stated or two secs (who knows) but one thing is going to remain a constant, and the fact is, it is going to build a matrix just for them. (Adaptation)

Hypothetically the above is ridiculous. Where are the krypotians gonna come from? They're extinct. Superman (and Supergirl) are the only goddamn survivors. This isn't Superman versus the Matrix(now for Kryptonians coming soon near you!) This Superman versus Agent Smith in the Matrix for HUMANS. Stop speculating on things that would never come to past and never will come to past. The Matrix was specifially designed for humans and humans alone. Not Superman.

Agent Smith would get his ass kicked to the curb. In and out of the Matrix.

black robb
Mr. Smith:"Hello Mr. Kent,I've been expecting you" Superman:"What up Smith" Mr. Smith:"Mr. Kent,your costume seems...gay"
Superman:"Trinity didnt seem to mind"
Crowd:OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Neo:"NOW IT'S ON MOTHERF*CKER!!!"

illadelph12
Hold up, how is Smith going to fight Supes in the first place unless Supes is jacked into the Matrix?

Once Supes is jacked in, the computer simulated representation of Supes would get his ass kicked by Smith. Smith can alter and break the rules of the Matrix as he sees fit inside the Matrix just as Neo could (which includes no actual speed limit if you remember what Morpheus said in the First movie), and in his final form (before the final bout with Neo) he also has precognitive abilities from assimilating the Oracle and a fighting skill boost when he assimilated Sarif.

Multiply that times a million+ (duplication) and Supes is in trouble.

The Flash
I remembered Neo just waving his hand in the 2nd movie and all the Agents died. Oh wait, he actually had to go in physical combat against them.

illadelph12
Originally posted by The Flash
I remembered Neo just waving his hand in the 2nd movie and all the Agents died. Oh wait, he actually had to go in physical combat against them.

No, nothing like that.

But I do remember Agent Smith sealing Neo's mouth shut in the first film by altering his code and removing (well, fusing shut/sealing) his mouth. And I also remember that the Agents could alter the layout of the Matrix to trap Morpheus and his crew. I think it went something like:

Neo: Whoa, deja vu.
Trinity: What?
Neo: Whoa, Deja vu. I just saw the same cat pass twice.

Morpheus: Are you absolutely sure it was the same cat?
Neo: Whoa, I'm pretty sure.

And then then the building they are in gets sealed off and they are trapped until the figure they can crawl down in the walls.

Smith could alter the Matrix BEFORE he got his upgrades. He could theoretically fuse Supes arms and legs together so he couldn't move just like he sealed Neo's mouth so he couldn't talk. Kal El isn't "The One", he'd be in a bit of trouble.

Paola
matrix vs comics? What the f**k?

Blade Cutter
In the matrix movies if they fought out side of the matrix Smith would win.There has been no sun light on earth in well over 100 years and pain did not faze Smith out side the matrix.

Superherovandal
I would say that krytonian tech is more like 100,000 years more advanced than human tech. They said that in the Ultimate Guide to Superman.

lifeisaglich
Yo.. if you read my post again you will find that I was talking about their source of energy. Which was the sun even before the war between them and the machines. What do you thing Operation Midnight is? Do some research and then you will see that it because of operation midnight that the machines decided to start using humans as a source of food. Hence why I said they are adaptable things.

Ok....when I made that post.....did I actually said that there are krytonians on earth. What I meant was what if krytonians where on earth but every humans earth have gone extinct. Then the Matrix is just going to build a new matrix just for them. And yes I know krytonians are extinct that was why I said what if.

Anyways inside the matrix.....Smith wins......outside the matrix superman wins.

Avalonofthewind
Please. In the Matrix Supes would still have all his powers...hell maybe more...

When the key put the JLA into his own "Matrix" Supes had all his powers AND he was a Green Lantern on top of that.

Matrix guys look cooler...but they would have their asses handed to them...after Supes is done with smith...he'll come out of the matrix, and beat the hell out of that giant Face robot too.

DarkCrawler
Wait...why didn't Neo just wave his hand to beat Merovingians goons?

jplatinum
He could have tried as long as they are in a faction of the regular matrix .
However, he couldn't wavr those men away for the same reason he couldn't beat the railroad guy.
He was in someone else's faction of the matrix, in their territory.
His waving them away would not have worked.
Remember when the french guy walked out the door and Neo tried to follow him.
It transported the enviroment somewhere far away and Neo had to fly all the way back.
Smith is more powerful than Neo because Smith absorbed many people who were direct power in the matrix, they were the programmers like the oracle, so he gained the direct ability to shape the whole matrix as he saw fit.

"Mr. Kent, I'm gonna kick your ass and its nothing you can do."

"Oh, you wanna punch me, huh? Ha, You may be stronger, but I can change that."

Kent:"What the? He's doing something to me, chnging me. Noooooo!"

Smith:" It's happening. Just like before. Hoo hoo ha ha ha ha."

K3VIL
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Wait...why didn't Neo just wave his hand to beat Merovingians goons?
Cause at the time, he wasn't still conscious of the real power of being the chosen one, so he just stomp them with superstrenght, speed and martial arts.
It was hella cool when he parried the huge sword with his bare hand and then the Merov's goons where looking like:
What the?How can he?

lifeisaglich
Inside the matrix superman can have as many powers as he liked the fact is that he is not going to win. And besides how is all that power going to help superman when Agent smith can just make superman heat vision in to flower power. That when ever superman uses the heat vision flowers come out.

GODSCRIBE
Agent Smith enters Supes brain.

Avalonofthewind
Inside the matrix superman can have as many powers as he liked the fact is that he is not going to win. And besides how is all that power going to help superman when Agent smith can just make superman heat vision in to flower power. That when ever superman uses the heat vision flowers come out.

Even at the full power shown, they weren't anywhere near what Supes has exhibited. When I see Neo and Smith flying through moons, and punching each other across the solar system then I'll consider them having a chance.

Even at their top form, they'll be amazed at how much faster Superman is.

"Whoa"

Swanky-Tuna
For someone who can apparently fully grasp that the matrix isn't real, Neo was kind of weak. I thought it would be like when you realise you're dreaming and you can do anything you want.

ChaoticReign
I'm going with superman on this. Morpheus told Neo he had to believe. To free his mind meaning beating the rules simply takes willpower and the knowledge of the matrix existance. Too bad for Smith that Superman is 100 % sure that he can shatter moons with punches move faster than anything we've ever seen in the matrix, and emit the heat of a star from his eyes. Not to mention the sheer will power Superman has.

Assuming Smith can't do whatever he wants because we've never seen him do anything really nuts and it was always my assumption that changes to the matrix needed the help of the machine system itself save for when smith controlled everyone of course.

What I'm wondering is how does Smith keep from being incinerated, punched in half, squashed by building after building?

Wolverine2006
If Agent Smith can jump inside people like Neo, Smith wins 12/10

Juntai
Superman wins.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
If Agent Smith can jump inside people like Neo, Smith wins 12/10
What do you mean "people like Neo"? He doesn't seem that powerful at all.

ZephroCarnelian
If Superman knows that the Matrix isn't real, then he does something he wouldn't normally do in a comic fight...

He'd destroy the planet. smile

Smith suffers injury just like anyone else - as does Neo (ie when he parried that sword).

So three degrees above absolutely zero, plus instant decompression, plus a multi-million megaton planetary explosion...

Smith is dead.

Femi32
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Please. In the Matrix Supes would still have all his powers...hell maybe more...

When the key put the JLA into his own "Matrix" Supes had all his powers AND he was a Green Lantern on top of that.

Matrix guys look cooler...but they would have their asses handed to them...after Supes is done with smith...he'll come out of the matrix, and beat the hell out of that giant Face robot too.

Validus
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Issue number for Super Lantern? Sounds cool. big grin

Mider
what could Neo do in the comics?

lifeisaglich
Agent Smith is so going to win. Inside the Matrix

Let me put is this way.....When Agent Smith needed to get stronger he got stronger and fast. So in orderwords what ever powers superman brings Agent smith is going to be 2 or 3 steps ahead and stronger.
INSIDE THE MATRIX

vold
idiot matrix fanboys thinking agent smith could beat supes LOL. all those agent smiths couldnt even beat ONE neo. smith never showed any matrix reality altering powers except being able to clone himself. he never showed any useful omnipresence powers. supes flies out of the atmosphere in a microsecond and out into space and keeps going into the is no more program. then he unjacks himself and beats the shit out of all the robots

lifeisaglich
Bob......no offense but you are leaving in denial smile either that or you and I watched different versions of the same movie.

And superman outside the matrix will definitely win.

ChaoticReign
Haha I never thought of that if his superspeed mind outhinks the machine world well enough maybe he unjacks himself and goes on a robot smashing spree. Now there would be some entertainment.

GODSCRIBE
Are we talking about Agent Smith after assimilating the Oracle, and infecting the entire Matrix? You mean Uber Agent Smith that was capable of destroying the entire Machine World? The problem is that most people don't fully understand the Matrix, which is a shame.

Agent Smith was basically god in the Matrix (in Revolutions). He had infected the entire system and could do anything he wanted. It's very similar to another program, "the Train Man", who in his domain could even own Neo.

With that said, I don't see how Superman can win this one. Agent Smith is Immortal in the Matrix. He, like Neo is beyond the Matrix. That's why he could exist outside and inside of it at the same time, unaided. Even the Superman would have to deal with the 6 billion other Smith's in the Matrix. And like someone else said, Smith will get the power necessary to beat Superman. Whatever he wants to do, he can.

Smith wins 10/10

GODSCRIBE
Or he could just re-write Superman's code in the Matrix and turn him into a pussycat, or lichen covered rock.

vader11
Smith wins easily inside the Matrix.

Symmetric Chaos
Superhacking FTW!

Martian_mind
Mr Anderson......

Symmetric Chaos
. . . welcome back . . .

charlemagne9746
it would be one hell of a fight..lol

Juntai
Wait a minute, what exactly is Smith going to do again?

breeze85
Exactly. He can't harm Superman in ANY way. I don't even bother to count how many times stronger, faster and more durable Superman is, but the numbers have quite a few digits.

An easy way to get rid of the Smith(s) could include sending the Moon down on Earth.

Adult Swim Guy
lol but could smith infect him?

Magee
Why don't we just assume that they have all their powers and abilities and are fighting on a neutral battlefield.

[BAW]Endrict
Originally posted by armandovalles

What are talking about...go back to school.

Cars these days can do 250 mph give afew more years and cars can reach 600, so you are saying that in the future people will be shattering stuff when they drive?

600MPH will not even be close to what speeds he was flying at,
Neo was breaking the sound barrier.

In 1942 the United Kingdom's Ministry of Aviation began a top secret project with Miles Aircraft to develop the world's first aircraft capable of breaking the sound barrier. The project resulted in the development of the prototype Miles M.52 jet aircraft, which was designed to reach 1,000 mph (417 m/s; 1,600 km/h) at 36,000 feet (11 km) in 1 minute 30 seconds.

So he is at at least flying at 1,000 mph.

Badabing
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
Who wins? dur

Juntai
Originally posted by Endrict
What are talking about...go back to school.

Cars these days can do 250 mph give afew more years and cars can reach 600, so you are saying that in the future people will be shattering stuff when they drive?

600MPH will not even be close to what speeds he was flying at,
Neo was breaking the sound barrier.

In 1942 the United Kingdom's Ministry of Aviation began a top secret project with Miles Aircraft to develop the world's first aircraft capable of breaking the sound barrier. The project resulted in the development of the prototype Miles M.52 jet aircraft, which was designed to reach 1,000 mph (417 m/s; 1,600 km/h) at 36,000 feet (11 km) in 1 minute 30 seconds.

So he is at at least flying at 1,000 mph. The speed of sound is actually 770 mph.

[BAW]Endrict
yah

pr1983
superman can move at almost the speed of light... thousands of times faster than smith... he's alot stronger too... smarter, more durable, the list goes on...

Thanos_THOTU
Smith was one with the Matrix, he had taken it all over.
When he meet Anderson, before the battle, he asked "Do you like what I've done with the place?"

Soljer
Why is this open? Not only is it spite, it's also non comic.

Smith wins.

Why?

Because - Superman'd have to jack into the matrix to fight him. The only way into the matrix is on Matrix's earth...which happens to have a scorched sun and digital rules.

Superman'd fare no better against Smith than the standard free mind, because he'd lack...you know...ANY of his powers.

Assuming this is supposed to be a fully powered Superman versus Smith in the matrix (somehow?) Then it'd still be spite, cause Superman'd curbstomp him.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Soljer
Why is this open? Not only is it spite, it's also non comic.

Smith wins.

Why?

Because - Superman'd have to jack into the matrix to fight him. The only way into the matrix is on Matrix's earth...which happens to have a scorched sun and digital rules.

Superman'd fare no better against Smith than the standard free mind, because he'd lack...you know...ANY of his powers.

Assuming this is supposed to be a fully powered Superman versus Smith in the matrix (somehow?) Then it'd still be spite, cause Superman'd curbstomp him.
It was stated that Smith would exteend past the Matrix, just like he did using Bane.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
It was stated that Smith would exteend past the Matrix, just like he did using Bane.

Yeah because that worked out well.

Bane vs Superman . . . still a curbstomp.

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah because that worked out well.

Bane vs Superman . . . still a curbstomp.
All he needed was time, he would consume the entire Machine city.
Well it still might be a crumb stomp, but inside the Matrix Smith was God, or almost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.