Dooku vs. Qui-Gon and AOTC Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedimaster2000
Well, Dooku manhandled Obi-Wan utterly and convincingly, and IMO Qui-Gon alone doesn't stand a chance against his former master either. So put them together, do you think the duo can prevail over the Count?

Darth_Nefarus
No way.
In ROTS, when Anakin and Obi-Wan are more powerful Dooku still fights them both off. And Qui-Gonn is no where near Anakin.

A less powerful Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn couldn't stop Dooku, it would be episode 1 again

Darth_Glentract
Possibly. If they use the same perscion that they used in TMP they would win, because I think the main reason Maul was able to beat them(yes, I believe he beat them, beating dosen't always means winning) was that he had a double-bladed lightsaber which gave him an advanage against a single bladedvopponet. They would have worked better than Obi-wan, Anakin and one is equal to Obi-wan, and the other is better than Anakin, maybe better that Obi-wan at this point.

jedimaster2000
Well, in the ROTS novel, the reason why Obi-Wan and Anakin appeared to do so badly against the Count was because both of them were pretending to suck like hell. Dooku clearly became very overconfident and started hurling insults at them. That was when Obi-Wan and Anakin really started to turn things up. When they did, Dooku was clearly overwhelmed, having to kick them away one after the other in order to stay alive.

Kiu Dun
Qui-Gonn was killed becuase of his aggresive lightsaber form(It really wasn't very aggressive but it still got him killed) and I believe he would fair better against Dooku.

Doctor Strange
I think that Qui-gon, being Dooku's padawan, would have a better understanding of his style and therefore be able to fight more effectively.

SithKiller
I think Qui Gon coulda took out his old master with Obi-wans help for sure....maybe on his own even....Qui-Gon would have youth on his side where he was the ol fart against maul....till he ran outta steam he was keeping maul on the defensive most of the time. I woulda enjoyed that battle for sure! And Qui-Gon did turn out to be the greatest Jedi Master...starwars

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by SithKiller
....Qui-Gon would have youth on his side...starwars He was sixty in TMP. That is really youthful. Anyway age dosent matter much.

jedimaster2000
I agree that age doesn't affect someone's fighting abilities. Yoda is probably the best example of that. Dooku is a pretty good example too.

jackstain
hes like eighty sumthin in real life.

jedimaster2000
In the ROTS novel, it said Dooku was eighty years old aswell.

jedimaster2000
So anyways, back on topic. Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master with considerable skills and AOTC Obi-Wan was good and simply got better as ROTS came around. I think their combined effort will be enough to take down the Count.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by jedimaster2000
Well, in the ROTS novel, the reason why Obi-Wan and Anakin appeared to do so badly against the Count was because both of them were pretending to suck like hell. Dooku clearly became very overconfident and started hurling insults at them. That was when Obi-Wan and Anakin really started to turn things up. When they did, Dooku was clearly overwhelmed, having to kick them away one after the other in order to stay alive.

Turns out that insulting people during a fight is actually part of Dooku's fighting style. I think Dooku did pretty good in that fight though.

Darth_Janus
It's a Sith thing to insult or demoralize the enemy during combat.

jedimaster2000
Very true.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
It's a Sith thing to insult or demoralize the enemy during combat.

Not only that its funny

Otaku_Sith
Against Maul Qui-Gon lost because he had to defend himself against two blades.Off course his style was to aggressive to handle two blades at one time.he died because off his own attack.He slashed at Maul and he cleverly used a tai(if you don't know what that is ask or something.)and then stabbed at him.Really Qui-Gon just had to keep blocking till Obi Wan came.

jackstain
Qui Gon was on the offensive most of the fight as a matter of fact.....only towards the end he was on the defensive.

Fishy
Yeah, he constantly pushed Maul back and then at the end he went on the defensive tour... Maul hit him on the head then pushed his lightsaber threw his body... Bad luck for him..

Darth_Glentract
I have been thinking about this fight and I think that Dooku would probably do a lot better than he is given credit for. He did manage to remove Obi-wan from the fight with ROTS Obi-wan and ROTS Anakin. He also pushed Anakin to the darkside because he was so powerful. Dooku could probably beat them. I wish I could change my vote.

jedimaster2000
I agree Dooku can win.

jedimaster2000
Funny how no one has voted for Dooku yet...seems a little weird.

jackstain
I vote Dooku all the way.

Bobafett34
dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.