[With_Teeth]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StinkFist462
anyone pick up the new NIN CD ? i just got my dual disc and regular at best buy for cheap .

Alpha Centauri
Got it before it's release.

-AC

StinkFist462
fun stuff , you check out the With Teeth thing on nin.com ?

i personally think its the dumbest thing in the world

Darth Revan
Which With Teeth thing on nin.com? confused

Anyways, I pre-ordered it and I'm listening to it right now. Came this afternoon.

Tptmanno1
How much it costy?

Darth Revan
Cost me a fair amount, what with my fancy-pantsy release day shipping... But the CD alone would've been 13 or 14 bucks I think, on dualdisc. A couple dollars cheaper on a regular CD.

Smasandian
Good cd. I still havnt listened to it alot and for me, Nine Inch Nails takes a few listens to actually take in the whole cd.

I got the DualDisc and with my DVD Audio player, it sounds fantastic.

Dr. Strangelove
Got the dual disk for $11.99 at Tower.

Liked it overall, it has some bad songs but it also has some great ones. "You know what you are" is probably my favorite right now.

(auto quote)

Are you talking about the down-loadable lyrics and credits?

MetallicaT
''right where it belongs'' and ''every day is exactly the same'' are really good songs

Lana
Meh, I'm really broke right now.....

I meant to get it today but didn't have time, hopefully tomorrow on my way to school I'll have time to duck into Target and pick it up.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

Are you talking about the down-loadable lyrics and credits?

yes , its so annoying and idiotic

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by StinkFist462
yes , its so annoying and idiotic

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of it either.

Here's Trent's take on it.

http://www.nin.com/access/index.html

Oh and here's a "The Hand that Feeds" mesh that I found a little amusing.wink

http://www.gameamp.com/thingsthatrock/the_ghost_that_feeds-256.mp3

Darth Revan
laughing out loud that THTF thing is pretty funny... I have a Mac and tried to download that thing, but it wouldn't run on my computer for some reason mad

StinkFist462
i want that thing so bad ( THTF thingy )

Deathblow
I got it yesterday. It's good, musically especially. Almost all the songs are perfectly executed. Lyrics are my only problem so far. There's some good stuff, but there are a few lines which just make me cringe, when Trent sounds like a high-school nu metaller.

Can't say I love any of the tracks yet, but that's always been the case with post-Broken NIN, so I'm not worried. Give it time people!

Alpha Centauri
I don't really think it is a grower though. Alot of people (not saying you) are just saying that because they don't wanna accept that it might actually be "Ok" and nothing more. Which it is, in my opinion. I'd give it 7/10 at a stretch.

I think this is Trent's St. Anger. I will probably end up liking it more through familiarity but I don't think it is an album you can keep getting stuff out of.

I think Every Day Is Exactly the Same might be one of his best songs ever.

-AC

MildPossession
I love that song too Alpha. With Teeth I absolutely adore the album, excellent.

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't ever call it excellent.

I really like Right Where It Belongs but the crowd noise really annoys me. Ruins the mood.

-AC

StinkFist462
have you heard Where It Belongs v2 ? i heard the crowd noise isnt there and the vocals are changed ( not lyrics )

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, it's better but I can't judge it because it's a bonus track really. Not meant to be part of the album. Same as Home.

-AC

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Deathblow
I got it yesterday. It's good, musically especially. Almost all the songs are perfectly executed. Lyrics are my only problem so far. There's some good stuff, but there are a few lines which just make me cringe, when Trent sounds like a high-school nu metaller.

Can't say I love any of the tracks yet, but that's always been the case with post-Broken NIN, so I'm not worried. Give it time people!

I agree completely. The thing I can't help noticing about a number of the songs is the fact that he repeats the same line over and over at the end... More than he has in the past. Which really bothers me somehow.

But musically it's quite good, there's only one song, or maybe two, that I actually don't like. There are also a couple that I really like. The rest are just good... Not great.

StinkFist462
i cant stand

Only
With Teeth
and parts of Everyday Is Exactly The Same ( the whole "im writing on a little piece of paper " is just WAY to corny/emo for me "

MildPossession
The only part I don't like of EDIES is the first line he sings, sounds cheesy.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Got it before it's release.

-AC

Hahaha.

Alpha Centauri
Did. All day long.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
T.P.P

Alpha Centauri
Oh my. Hahahaha.

F*ck off with that shit, seriously.

I'm no T.P.P.

-AC

Deathblow
Originally posted by StinkFist462
i cant stand

Only
With Teeth
and parts of Everyday Is Exactly The Same ( the whole "im writing on a little piece of paper " is just WAY to corny/emo for me "

Nothing wrong with Only at all, it's just another catchy little mid-album number. I like With Teeth, the chorus is pretty funny, not sure whether it's supposed to be or not. And EDIETS is probably the best song on the album, along with You Know What You Are. Nothing 'emo' about it.

I think I've listened to it enough now to come to my own conclusion, and there aren't any songs on With Teeth that I don't like (although I can see myself skipping The Collector and The Line Begins To Blur in the future), but the only tracks that really have the magic of the stuff on NIN's previous three albums are All The Love In The World, You Know What You Are, The Hand That Feeds (I don't care what people say, that is one unbelievably catchy and exhilirating song) Every Day Is Exactly The Same, and possibly Beside You In Time & Right Where It Belongs. Possibly. Everything else is good to mediocre. I'd usually be disappointed with this, but I'm not, because this is the first NIN album that hasn't had at least one song which just sounds horrible to me, and even though some of the lyrics are pretty tame, there are a couple of songs which show Trent's maturing, and his vocal work is also the best yet. Oh yeah, and the production and musicianship is pretty flawless.

Personally, I'd say 7/10.

Alpha Centauri
I think Only is horrid.

Just for the intro vocals.

-AC

Sethcx
i'm still attempting to pry my friends copy from his cold dead fingers..
He will loan it to me.. Oh yes He will!

From what i've heard so far it seems a great all round nin album, havent listened to it enough to find fav's.

Anyone seen them live?
I spent 45mins on the phone trying to get tickets for their gig in Glasgow, and shocker.. they sold out after 20 mins..

Soul for sale if anyone has a spare?

furryman
in 'Every Day..' he sounds like he says "I think I used to have a porpoise" embarrasment

StinkFist462
laughing out loud

yea i saw them live on the 6th AND 7th in Chicago.

Lana
You suck. I LIVE in Chicago miffed

Alpha Centauri
Seen em.

Better live than the album is. It's ok, nothing special.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.