He's Back! (MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Credit to ScarletSpider:

Jason Todd is the Red Hood. He's alive.

chronic
alright!

chronic
i alredy knew that though

OtterVomit
Its been discussed here already.

Draco69
Huh? Didn't see anything. Oh well.

OtterVomit
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t335539.html

OtterVomit
Actually I've been meaning to put up a pic of it too since the cat's out of the bag:

http://www.keyboardconspiracy.com/jasontodd.jpg

The Flash
Told you he was back. You had me confused when you said it was Clayface.

OtterVomit
Well they threw us a curve in the Hush storyline as Jason Todd was there but it was Clayface. Batman did however discover in that storyline that Jason Todd's body was missing.

OB1-adobe
Lame

Mainstream
JT is back..........the second robin has rises from his grave? Batman bad boy sidekick is back...believe it.

chronic
i hated him being dead after funeral in the family but when his body went missing it did give me some hope of his return along with hal jordan and possibly latter barry allen
dc is goin old school!

Mainstream
they gotta a lot of balls to bring tha t%^&*%%^ back! evil_monkey evil monkey hates JT Robin!

tpaquin
...Interesting.

It's weird, because when he died, the FANS called in and overwhelmingly voted for his death. The fans decided robin's fate.

This also waters down some stuff...like Frank Miller's DKR, and funeral for a friend, a little.

OtterVomit
Well DKR unfortunately is considered an elseworld tale, and not continuity. Frank Miller originally had penned a scene where Joker sodomized Jason Todd before killing him but the DC suits wouldn't allow it.

WindDancer
Originally posted by OtterVomit
Actually I've been meaning to put up a pic of it too since the cat's out of the bag:

http://www.keyboardconspiracy.com/jasontodd.jpg

jawdrop

Joker1237
get up Joker. You can come back.

There goes the Joker's greatness kill.

I hope Joker kills him for a 2nd time.

OtterVomit
Yeah I do too.

Draco69
That would be ironic.

Joker1237
well ANY ideals how Todd came back???? Did they go with the larzios pitt thing?? or something else?

pr1983
Well DKR unfortunately is considered an elseworld tale, and not continuity. Frank Miller originally had penned a scene where Joker sodomized Jason Todd before killing him but the DC suits wouldn't allow it.

seriously? wow...

Draco69
Personally I think that would have been cooler.

Draco69
Most likely the Larzos Pit.

OtterVomit
In the Hush storyline we know that Ras Al Guhl was very upset because someone had tainted a Lazurus pit (apparently in current continuity, they are good for one use and one use only).

OtterVomit
Originally posted by pr1983
seriously? wow...

Yeah, DKR was actually released before Jason Todd was killed off in the main comic line. So Miller pretty much had carte blanche on how it was to have happened, not being tied down by Death in the Family. After DKR came out I was fortunate enough to attend an autograph signing. He answered questions and one of them was about how come we never got more details on what happened to Jason Todd. Miller said they wouldn't allow him to show Joker sodomizing a tennage boy (everyone's jaw fell open when he said that) so he just cut the whole thing out and left it with just the vague impression that Joker had killed Jason somehow.

Later, as with many of Miller's ideas, DC went ahead and adopted it into the true Bat-storyline.

DarkAge
Its pretty hard for a storyline set in the future to not be incongruous with other storylines. For instance in DKR Jim Gordon's wife Sarah is still alive, now that has become a continuity problem.

The Bat12
Jason looks just like his Hush counter-part, wierd.

wuTa
i gotta telly ya....i just read the latest batman where he fights todd, and i'd be lying if i said i wasnt digging jason todds attitude...he was pretty badass in that issue....i want to see him take on my boy nightwing

Mainstream
yeah TJ makes a better villian than hero anyday.

wuTa
well he's not technically a villian...to batman he is, but thats only because he's willing to kill, but he's kills baddies like the punisher

Mainstream
Originally posted by wuTa
well he's not technically a villian...to batman he is, but thats only because he's willing to kill, but he's kills baddies like the punisher

ya got me...there.

wuTa
1eye

batman

Mainstream
na na na na na Nightwing!!!!

so is it just me or did JT look older...you not suppose ta age when ya dead.

wuTa
yea...he looked great for being dead for like 15 yrs, i hope i'm in that good of shape when i die

Mainstream
Originally posted by wuTa
yea...he looked great for being dead for like 15 yrs, i hope i'm in that good of shape when i die

me too.

pr1983
Yeah, DKR was actually released before Jason Todd was killed off in the main comic line. So Miller pretty much had carte blanche on how it was to have happened, not being tied down by Death in the Family. After DKR came out I was fortunate enough to attend an autograph signing. He answered questions and one of them was about how come we never got more details on what happened to Jason Todd. Miller said they wouldn't allow him to show Joker sodomizing a tennage boy (everyone's jaw fell open when he said that) so he just cut the whole thing out and left it with just the vague impression that Joker had killed Jason somehow.

Later, as with many of Miller's ideas, DC went ahead and adopted it into the true Bat-storyline.

shizzle...

tpaquin
In the Hush storyline we know that Ras Al Guhl was very upset because someone had tainted a Lazurus pit (apparently in current continuity, they are good for one use and one use only). But that was the riddler. he got rid of his brain tumor. Unless Todd used one that Ra's did not know about.

munkiesarus

Sodomized?! Eww, lol. Knowing the kickass of DKR though, I bet it would have rocked.

The Joker#1
Bah! Nobody the Joker kills should ever come back from the dead.

Kieralinn
Originally posted by tpaquin
But that was the riddler. he got rid of his brain tumor. Unless Todd used one that Ra's did not know about.

Yep..that was Riddler at that point not Jason. I figure JT was brought back soon after he was killed, since he has aged.

He also told Batman that it was in fact HIM for the first part of the fight in "Hush" which the writers had confirmed before. The switch was made when Jason was heading for the roof and was out of Batman's sight for a few seconds. Plus when you go back and re-read Hush it is pretty obvious that Jason was involved in that whole set up. There were things that both Riddler and Tommy could not have known. Like what tire Jason was trying to steal when Batman met him to blow that one out, and what the tires would be made of or how to get into the cave systems easily enough to upload that subliminal stuff, or how to use a batarang that well. Not to mention there was a time when Batman was under a fear gas and was seeing things in the cave and thought he saw him. Not too long after that..Alfred found a Robin mask in the cave and thought it was Tim's...it wasn't.

I figure they will make it that Jason has been screwing with Bats for a while now just waiting for the right moment to come out as Red Hood. He has probably trained for a long time too so he could take him on!

lifeisaglich
Why do people hate Jason Todd...??

Kieralinn
I don't hate him..I love this twist. Between this and what is going down within the JLA...Batman's having a bad time! I am looking forward to how he handles all the stuff going down now.

wuTa
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Why do people hate Jason Todd...??

because dick grayson is a tough act to follow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.