American Psycho (this is not an exit)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blalocklover
Well I fell like Indiana Jones digging the net. I recently found a cheap copy (the cover was almost smacked) for American Psycho so I bought it. Now I am doing some research, you know wiki and something else
Are we enough AP lovers to start a discussion ? there's a good site for do some research ala Indiana butt let's start a fresh discussion. http://www.briankotek.com/psycho/frame.html

Darth Putte

blalocklover

BigMatt1983
So you know the end?

What did everybody think about that?

My friends all said yeah, nothing had happened, he hadn't killed anyone. Was it open? I thought maybe he had killed people just the guy who was in London, he had killed someone else and thought it was him, emphasising that nobody did know who anyone was??

am I an idiot??

jaden101
american psycho was a brilliant book and the film didn't do it justice

the whole novel tries to create a sense of entrapment...hence the beginning is "abandon all hope ye who enter here" and the end is "this is not an exit"

it shows the futility of bateman's situation...

i also think that the murders were all in his head and the scene that shows this most prominantly is when he returns to the apartment where he was supposed to have disposed of 2 prostitutes

then again the lack of anything being mentioned about the murders from other peoples perspective might show how batemans psychotic tendencies just detach him from everyone elses reality completely

fans of american psycho should definitely read lunar park which is not long out...it charts the life of bret easton ellis...the writer of american psycho...but he is an entirely fictional version of bret easton ellis...is shows how someone is supposed to be mimicking the patrick bateman murders and how his dead father comes back to haunt him...

the books final few pages are tremendous...brilliant book

papabeard
What do you think was meant by

"This is not an exit"

Hit_and_Miss
I thought the second movie ment that he did actually kill people... she says he was a famous serial killer...

MildPossession
The second movie was horrendous. Take no notice of it.

jaden101
Originally posted by papabeard
What do you think was meant by

"This is not an exit"

coupled with the introduction "abandon all hope ye who enter here" give the sense that patrick bateman is stuck in his life...at least thats what i thought

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.