Is College Fun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
I was wondering, is college fun?. Becuase I have heard it can be a good time, besides the studying. Just wondering how true this is, since it seems like extra school wouldnt be that great

SlipknoT
If you go to a party school it would be fun.

Draco69
Kinda. I like the independence. You can do whatever the f*** you want

Next Venom_girl
*shrugs* More laid back then high school. cool

ChickinMeat
yeah id say its pretty fun, 6th form college that is, best 2 years of my life to date.

going onto a diploma this year, i am to guess this will also be fun.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
I was wondering, is college fun?. Becuase I have heard it can be a good time, besides the studying. Just wondering how true this is, since it seems like extra school wouldnt be that great

I still have three more years to go till I am at collage(which I am not sure if I am going to go or not)but anyway unlike school you get to take fun classes and get to plan your schule yourself.
That sounds fun to me.JM smile

botankus
Jackie, let me tell you in advance you will be the hit of any college party you go to. wink

Alpha Centauri
It's like school I guess. Can't wait to get out when you're there, but it's definately worth the experience, if only for socially.

-AC

smoker4
College/Uni was fun in the first year but now its on!

atomik
Like someone above said... best time of my life... so far.
It's very different than high school - which I hated.

Clovie
uni may be fun eek!
but it is also a lot of hard work sad

Mainstream
Indeed

KidRock
From what I hear it is a lot of fun.

Storm
In a nutshell, most college courses can be challenging and fun, when led by a gifted teacher.

One of the pitfalls of dorm life can be freedom. Be responsible! You are an adult and are in charge of your money, time, health, safety and decisions.

Time does fly when you' re having fun. Just remember college life can be fun and should be, but you are paying a lot of money for an education and a future. Manage your time wisely.

Clovie
Originally posted by Storm
In a nutshell, most college courses can be challenging and fun, when led by a gifted teacher.

One of the pitfalls of dorm life can be freedom. Be responsible! You are an adult and are in charge of your money, time, health, safety and decisions.

Time does fly when you' re having fun. Just remember college life can be fun and should be, but you are paying a lot of money for an education and a future. Manage your time wisely. blink

nothing of what you just said fits me blink

ash007
well last year of uni

mine is a 5 year cource first two years are great then the last three are a pain in the arse

botankus
If you can master the craft of time management, you can have lots of fun.

PVS
college is fun if you live on campus and dont really work much(employment i mean.) and have time to party.

i commuted over an hour each way to school,
and worked full-time, so i never had the 'animal house' experience many
of my peers were privileged to. however, even if you go there just to learn,
its a great environment and you'll make alot of new friends.

just remember to prioritise and hit the books. those who live a life of partying at school rarely see graduation day. if they do, its usually after like 8 years of being a 'professional student' (as we call them around here)

botankus
At the college I went to, if you didn't graduate after six years they cleaned your slate and you started over as an entry-level freshman...if you chose to for some reason.

Linkalicious
No.

vagaryatwill
College is very fun, regardless of the hard work you have to put in.

Kosta
people I know tell me the first year is the hardest, from there its really good.

Dudester
YES!!! College is definitely fun but need to pick the right school because I do have some friends who were not happy at their schools and ended up transfering.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I still have three more years to go till I am at collage(which I am not sure if I am going to go or not)but anyway unlike school you get to take fun classes and get to plan your schule yourself.
That sounds fun to me.JM smile

go to college JM, its a couple years away but plan for it, its wise to do so, take it from me

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by RedAlertv2

college is the best time ever! as long as you go to a ton of parties and stay up late and eat a lot of crap-- and party! and smoke weed! and drink! and party!

Draco69
College is fun....except during finals week.

Morning_Glory
finals arent so bad...

moviejunkie23
my finals are a breeze so far (knock on wood)

Draco69
I had NINE twelve page papers to write. And I still have to take about three exams.

Although I did take pretty high level classes..

moviejunkie23
what did you take draco?

I am taking computer courses online and taking my gen ed at a local community college

Draco69
I'm a full-time student at Cornell:

I took six classes. Economics, biology, history, etc.

Kiu Dun
It matters what oyu define fun as.

moviejunkie23
yea i amtaking english 101, soc, and a bunch of comp classes. I am taking history anthropology and english 102 this summer along with a steady stream of online classes.

college is allot of fun if your motivated and you find the fun in learning. If you just feel like hangin out and drinkin the studies part might be a drag for ya though

Anoushka
Originally posted by PVS
just remember to prioritise and hit the books. those who live a life of partying at school rarely see graduation day.

never said it better myself smile

Dr. Strangelove
I'm finishing up my first year of college and I've had a great time. The environment is a lot more relaxed and the people are a lot more nicer than in high school. It's very convient to be able to choose what classes you want at what time, and online classes are even nicer as you don't even have to go to class.

Just a word of advice for people going into college, don't try to take too many classes your first semester. I took twelve my first semester, eleven my second (was supposed to take twelve but I had to cancel my online course on web page creation because my ****ing laptop got stolen) and I have passed all of my courses easily. I'm taking 14 units in the fall semester as I feel ready to take more units now that I know what to expect.

Oh and the most important reason why college is fun: the women wink

mechmoggy
All my college and Uni experiences have been part time (i.e. two/three nights a week or day release); so no, it hasn't been all that much fun for me.

I expect it's a much better experience being a full time student.

lil bitchiness
Yes. College is fun. I have not been sober in 4 days now. Party after party after party. Im not actually sure if im drunk, high or stoned at present.

But I also work and study hard - you work hard, and you play hard, so yeah, college is fun.

Bardock42
Wait a min ute...what is the difference between high and stoned?

lil bitchiness
When you're stoned you smoked weed, when you're 'high' you took something else...

Bardock42
Ah I see.....I always figured it was the same...maybe a difference between hash or weed...but thanks for clearing that up....so I am prepared for my college time stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Someone has been taking disco biscuits. wink

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahaha disco biscuits.

Mech, did you know I was going to send my son Fernando to college but I came into some money and was able to educate him privately?

You can't mess around when it comes to your own kids.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Someone has been taking disco biscuits. wink

Just some Charlie...I hang around with rich obnoxious kids who can afford and I mooch off! diva

But disco biscuits are making me stayin' alive droolio

«–†hê¤Øñê–»
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Just some Charlie...I hang around with rich obnoxious kids who can afford and I mooch off! diva

lol

Alpha Centauri
Sans the Bee Gees style hair I hope, Milla?

-AC

mechmoggy

Aaah the old "Gianluca Vialli" eh? Can't say I was too big a fan of it. Far too expensive for too short a buzz.

I found "little fella's" far better value for money.

Imperial_Samura
I remember when I decided to go to university (the Australian equivalent sort of) and all my teachers back in High school went on and on about it being "an experience". No mention of study, just the lifestyles, the new, the culture, the experience. I was dubious, but I found it to be true. So many things to do, so many opportunities, so many varied and interesting people. If higher schooling over there is at all similar I would say it is a great deal of fun. I would go so far to say it is an experience (and you do learn, if you want to)

Linkalicious
When you're stoned you smoked weed, when you're 'high' you took something else...

When you're high everything is hilarious and you enjoy the trip.

When you're stoned you've smoked too much so you have no desire to leave the house, be social, or extroverted in any ways. You also get the munchies.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Linkalicious
When you're high everything is hilarious and you enjoy the trip.

When you're stoned you've smoked too much so you have no desire to leave the house, be social, or extroverted in any ways. You also get the munchies.

Preach it sistah diva

Mist
i loveth my timetable....mondays off, tuesdays - 4hrs, wednesdays - 3 hrs, thusdays 9-5sad, friday 9-3 cool

uni is the sh*t cool

Napalm
College was gods creature to let human scew and drink before they have to grow up

mechmoggy
Pffft! I didn't need uni to give me that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.