Best/Favorite Final Fantasy Ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
If other... please post a reply and specify. Or, discuss why you chose what you did.

6 is not on there because it is 3.

III was my favourite because:

1) Best storyline,
2) Seeing Mog doing is "dance" ability was great, and,
3) The Magic/Battle set-up was great

VII was a close second for me, but III was too good.

Note:

I realize not ever Final Fantasy game is on there, but you have a max of 10 options.

Dvae
eek! FF7

I aint played them all, but FF7 owned in everything except graphics

Viper
I haven't played all of them, but X was my favorite.

JKozzy
You should have left FFIII off there, as it's now known officially as FFVI. FFIII has never been released in the US and probably won't be for a while.

Cyclops
I am talking about the American ones. Sorry, I didn't think to specify

VengeanceGOD
Oh, well in that case I voted other when I meant 3 (6). Which is the Greatest Video Game of All Time.

BackFire
FF6

Lionheart
yeah i think we should leave the polls and comments out of it they all gave a little somthing to the empire that is square-enix oh and if you likes final fantasy 5 and 6 try playing dragon warrior 7 much better graphics and over 100 hours of gameplay.

Dregh
I fcking loved FFIV, I think I'm the only one.

Cyclops
FF four? It was good... but no FF III.

Why am I not surprised that nobody has put down Tactics or Mystic Quest? big grin

sukasa
i like final fantasy7 its cool

Cyclops
Well, it had the Gold Saucer. The best place in the game! All those Mini-Games... the bike, snowboarding, submarine...

Plus the Aries death FMV was the greatest FMV I have ever seen.

Robo-Chocobo
Out of all the FF games that you have played, what would you say is your favorite?My personal favorite is Final fantasy 6(aka 3 in the u.s) for the Snes(and later playstation in a collectors 2 pack.
-Sure ff7 redefined graphics, and introduced limits.

-and 5(never released b4 in the U.S. except in earlier mentioned collector pack thing.) introduced the ever popular job system you see in FFT, FFTA, FFX-2, and even some roots in FF11.
-And FF4 set the game into mainstream, with such a good plot.
-FF8...I have nothing to say.
-ff10 set the standard for graphics...(and not all that much else in my opinion)....
-ff9 was the pinicle of Psx ff's with the best graphics of all the FF on psx. and it reintroduced the sadly forgotten classes discarded by 7 like the black mage.
-But it was 6 that was the fruitation of the entire 16 bit era...it introduced 14 characters each with their own uniqe skills and systems of battle, it's graphics utilized the latest graphics chips including a special chip(mod something...i forget the name) allowing for a 3-d world to appear before your very eyes the moment you hopped in a chocobo, or rode your airship, when you traveled the serphent trench you viewed the enitre ocean first person, when escaping vector you were wowed by the fast moving tunnels(first person), it had unforgettable music scores, such as when you ere on the phantom train and chocobo song, and the world map was vast and ridden with secrets like the hidden chocobo stables and houses hidden away. The battles showed detailed party members and wowing effects,...continued on next post

Robo-Chocobo
And the Story....your thrown into the game, no stops into a fantastic adventure, filled with unforgetable characters and events, with all the characters(except 2..) all with reasons for being their, and the villian...The allmighty Kefka...ranks up their with sephroth as best FF villian ever. When he poisoned doma castle...I nearly cried...and when he betrayed general leo(the coolest char ever)...SUCH ANGER. a pure psycho...and the plot...just when you think your near the end several times (despite being at a low level) the plot twist and turns....then just when you are about to save the world...you fail, and the world is cast into ruin, and you must reunite everyone to fight a godly madman......i cant even truly begin to say how excellent the plot is...with terra and her manipulation by the empire for her magical gifts...celes conscience....lockes past guilt...cyans revenge.... another thing...the game didnt hand anything to you easily, in fact you couldnt even use magic for the first 1/4 of the game, only 2 char could use weak spells, which the game made up for with the unique char skills, like sabin's blitz attacks that you entered in just like you would a fighting game exstick out tongueummel: <-, ->, <-) added the uniqueness factor that truly set it apart from ALL other ff games. IN fact their actually were even limit breaks in the game(kinda) if your char was near death their was a slim chance he would do an absurd amount of damage with an unusual attack. You see FF6 Is what made the series, everything you see today originated from ff6, even summons, and char customability. FF6 truly is the best FF ever.

HockeyHorror
for me it's either FF7 or FF6

TheOne101
for me the best FF was all the time between releases. the break from those fantastic games and the hype of anticipation was overwelming. especially like now when there are no new ones comming out for a while but there is still FF11 to play.

I am a Sock
FF 7
It won the GameFAQs Best Videogame Ever contest. It sure as hell is good

Sith Master X
7 was cool, and I really enjoyed 10 as well.

SMX
cool

Yakuza Princess
I've only even played ff7 (And LOVE it!) but I will try and play the other ones.
My sister has played VI to X-2 (though she hasn't completed VI or X yet) her favourite's X-2.
And my friend who has only played X-2 (and loves it) is refusing to be converted to other ffs.
So what canya do?

FRO§T
kingdom hearts

i loved the battles style, it made me feel like i was in the game and it had the best sepiroth ever in it

SaTsuJiN
<ahem>...... 6 is not 3... it is 6... it is only 3 'here'... the official 3rd final fantasy never made it to U.S. (only on 'origins' I believe)

7 and 10 are special to me though

Lord Ryugen
VII. It kicked ass

Yakuza Princess
As I've stated before: Yes. Yes it does.

Lord Ryugen
Yep.

Yakuza Princess
Deffo.

Lord Ryugen
11 votes so far. The majority say..VII owns!

Yakuza Princess
WOO! *does victory dance*

Lord Ryugen
YAY!!

Yakuza Princess
*partying along to The Black Mages : FF7 Those who Fight Futher*

Lord Ryugen
Partys along with partytime laughing out loud

Yakuza Princess
Where did you get that smilie?

Lord Ryugen
On the 'Even More Smiles' link.

archangel_I_am
my two favorites are gff7 and ff mystic quest i owned those grave yards and that dragon dude in the first boss place was f***ing sweat

Lord Ryugen
Never played Mystic quest. What fomat is it out on?

archangel_I_am
super nintendo bab!!! just like earth bound raver geek

Lord Ryugen
Damm My Super Nintndo died years ago. Well I'll just have to convince my neighbour that he wants that game.

Robo-Chocobo
damg right you didnt specify...FF6 IS THE BEST FF EVER(EVEN BETTER THAN 7)

10= pretty graphis
9= reintroduced BM and oldschool stuff along with classic ff trademarks
8=pretty graphics)
7= cool plot-first fully 3d pre redered graphics in series(full char custimazation)
6- best graphics of 16 bit games-largest char list., char unique ness(sabins blitz attacks), very big. cool psuedo flatworld 3d, only game NOT to have a main stage protagonist(their is no main hero like cloud) first game not to revolve around element crystals
5-Only game to fully utilize job system, led to the job system we see in FFTA, FFT, FFx2, last game to utilize the 4 crystals
4- first ff to hit mainstream, great graphics ofr the era, very long, plot great in some areas, ...schetchy in others...rememorable char. snes ver had bad translation- psx ver best ver)
2,3 stop an evil force from destroying the earth, 4 oprhans lost all to empire blah blah, save the 4 crystals
1- large job option,, iteresting plot.

archangel_I_am
you diddnt say mystic quest !!!that makes me sad!!! and your entitled to your oppinion but ill stick with ff7

archangel_I_am
you also forgot to say that ff7 had the best villain

Lord Ryugen
Indeed it did.

TrAnCeDuO
meh....i think kefka was a better villain...seph killed for power while kefka killed for the sheer hell of it...

archangel_I_am
sephiroth killed to heal the earth it was for a couse but still it doesnt make kefka a better it just makes him a kill first think later kinda guy

Robo-Chocobo
no WAY KEFKA IS THE BEST VILLIAN EVER. he was so insane...he was maniacle....the world of ruins is an example of kefka's twisted mind...his realities...his hopes...his dreams...his despair....sephroth might as well be green peace on crack(JK)...i did like his sword.......

in fact....kefka and sephroth ARE BOLTH THE BEST FF VILLIANS EVER, i mean kefka was like -HA double double cross , and he was the only villian to actually make the heros fail(majorly)

FRO§T
Kefka is lame, and old, and crap, he died, and Sepiroth made a movie, so there, and Sep was in Kingdom Hearts too

Lord Ryugen
Sephiroth didn't try to heal the planet Archangel. He tried to criticly damage it with Meteor so he could absorb the lifestream that would be accumulated there and become a god. That's why I like him so much. He wasn't afraid to take the ultimate risk in order to get the job done.

archangel_I_am
wait...................ooops im too tired uyour right that was andreas sorry getting villains mixed up my mind was on andreas right there

but you gotta admit that metor was badass........i thopught aerith shouldnt have died though

Robo-Chocobo
im glad she died...i never used her anyway.....she was a plot device and thats it.

the big difference with seph and kefka is that HE ACTUALLY BECAME A GOD while sephroth didnt(in my opinion.) i mean seriously look at the smackdown kefka layed on the party,

ff6 was the first game were your party was defeated by the main boss, and you actually failed halfway in the game.

besides sephiroth could never handle a bunch of slam dancing moggles.(oh wait im sorry i belive all you newbs out their call them "mogs"...psshhh what newbs)

besides sephirthos is so cliched its unbearable. He looks like all other japanse anime uber sword villains(anyone remember vicious?) he just isnt unique, plus all these icons with sephiroth bug me.

and besides sephy cant be all that good if HE WAS BEATEN BY A YELLOW SPIKED HAIR PLAYMOBILE. him being beaten in kingdom hearts and ff7 proves hes not uber powerful.

Lord Ryugen
True, but the Areith's prayer pretty much got the entire planet to make Seph vaunrable, thats why the core behind him started to fluxuate. And Archangel I do agree that Areith shouldn't of died. Hold on I'm going to try something (spoiler) but it was nessicary so Sephiroth could die, Holy could be summoned and the entire lifestream could attack Meteor. (spoiler/)

Lord Ryugen
Damm didn't work.

Yassin
Final Fantasy 7.......that was IT for me....there never was a rpg that blew me off as the 7. Square in the old days..love emsmile

Lord Ryugen
I'll drink to that Yassin beer

jesusmonkey777
ill also drink to that "cheers"

jesusmonkey777
i swear i almost cried the first time i saw her die

Lord Ryugen
Almost! Me and my friend Lord Vegellamy fell to the floor weeping. The only reason we kept playing was make Sephiroth suffer for destroying such perfection.

jesusmonkey777
im not that good at crying but my anger was there to replace it.....because we almost had to replace our tv.....if ynow what i mean

Yakuza Princess
After I finish ff7 I'm definetly gonna play ff6 (we have it but my lil sis doesn't play it). Yes that's right I've never actually finished ff7! I've never even finished the first disk! eek! I watched my lil sis play it first, then I played it, I haven't finished it because I haven't had time!
Excuses, excuses.

TrAnCeDuO
when aeris first died i was okay about it...no big deal....then i realized that i would have to rely on that dumbass yuffie to heal my group....just great...

Yakuza Princess
What's wrong with Yuffie? I like Yuffie. I use Yuffie. Aeris is flippin' useless to me, she dies anyway so I don't see the point in it.
Thank my lil sis for that.

TrAnCeDuO
whats wrong with yuffie? WHATS WRONG WITH YUFFIE!?
why the hell would i want someone on my team that almost killed it by stealing all of the materia!?
bottom line is that yuffie is a ***** i hate her she can die and go to hell...

Yassin
First time she died...i never expected it. Actually in the days they were always shooting some FF7 publicity were cloud is holding Aeris....(Thank GOD i forgot THAT),cuz the moment i saw the Angel of Death falling from Heaven and killing sweet Aeris....i did felt something,(really weird...the only RPG that touched me in ways you couldn't imagine)...i didn't cry,but i did inside.

jesusmonkey777
we know how you feel

'Vegeta'
none, I hate All the FF games

jesusmonkey777
you hate dbz booudaui kai!! then?

'Vegeta'
Why do i hate dbz Booudaui Kai?

jesusmonkey777
well poo!!!you changed it!!! thats not fair oh well .....hey if you dont klike them then dont post here!!!!!!! thank you

'Vegeta'
Well i was just stating my opinion i have 8 and my friend has x i just dont like them sorry for sharing my opinion!

jesusmonkey777
you cant hate the whole series....!!!! especially after playing (in my opinion ) one of the woirst in the series!! i ean 8 was alright and squal was badass but play 7 ittle change your mind

Lord Ryugen
VIII was alright but Squall bored the hell out me for two discs straight. Behold Squall's entire dialogue: ''...'' ''Whatever''

Lord Ryugen
And Tranceduo, Yuffie did suck but she had a great ability on her last weapon. Unlike the others shecould do full damage with morph, I harvested a shitload of cool items because of her.

Yakuza Princess
Don't forget: "I had a dream too, it wasn't a nice one though. I dreamt I was a moron." Probably the best thing in that game except for Fujin and Raijin.

Lord Ryugen
Eh! when does he say that.

TrAnCeDuO
its during the first dream he has of laguna....and im starting to think you all exaggerate a bit too much...on a side not...why does everyone hate ff8?

Lord Ryugen
Thanks Tranceduo, and you're right, a lot of people hate VIII. I can't see why, it was a good game. A little bit boring a places but still fun.

Yakuza Princess
I don't hate it, I just haven't played it yet. And I will, after I finish ff7 and play ff6. Besides, Fujin is PRICELESS!

Lord Ryugen
FUJIN COOL! SPEAK IN CAPS IN HALF SENTANCES LIKE CAVEWOMAN! Until the end of the third disc.

Yakuza Princess
EXACTLY!

Lord Ryugen
Unlike Rajin who finishes every sentance with ya know, ya know.

Yakuza Princess
I used to say all his "ya know"s in a yorkshire accent.
eg: "OH MY GOD! WE'RE GONNA DIE! Ya know*"
*yorkshire for that bit only!
Try it, it's fun.

Morgoths_Wrath
I'm gonna have to go with VI, just because it was the first RPG I ever played and it was the most fun I've ever had playing an RPG (with the exception of Chrono Trigger). Awesome storyline, great soundtrack, well-developed characters...and Kefka was the best RPG villian ever! He is reason enough for this game to be #1!!! Although I must give VII an honorable mention.

Yuna33
of course its ff7!
the others suk!

unknownrocker
everyone says 7...it isnt that great
i prefer FFX
o and if they all suk y r u yuna

Phoenix Aska
FFX was too easy....they practically walked u through the game....

I'm not saying this is the best but has anybody played final fantasy 2 yet?

Silver Stardust
There's a ton of FF threads already...use the search function before starting threads, please.

Phoenix Aska
well...it's always good to start a new one that catches people's attentions....not really....

TrAnCeDuO
i wonder who merged thismessed
and now my vote is gone...damn!

Tex
Vote again! tongue10

Phoenix Aska
What vote? u mean the survey of which final fantasy game is the best one thingy?

Tex
disco

SaTsuJiN
Why isnt VI in here?.. that makes this whole thread ludicrous.....

Phoenix Aska
yeah...what happened to VI and XI?

Yuna33
i haven't played VI or XI.
the reason i said they all suk is because
the stoy lines aren't the best.
and i said story not character.
the characters are cool.

Darth Surgent
The current list of my favorite Final Fantasy games (lowest to highest).

14. FFXI
13. FFTA
12. FFII
11. FFX-2
10. FFIII
9. FFI
8. FFIX
7. FFV
6. FFVIII
5. FFX
4. FFIV
3. FFT
2. FFVI
1. FFVII

ssj4goku
i totaly agree with robo chocobo

ssj4goku
he took the words right out of my mouth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.