Celine Dion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

04wayne
Celine Dion is one of the all time greatest female singers with over 100 million record sales she is one of the premiere female singers

Blue Dragon
No! Hee hee hey Wayne!

04wayne
Anybody that doesn't like Celine Dion is a ****

04wayne
Anybody that doesn't like Celine Dion is a prat

amity75
10,000,000000,0000000 prats can't be wrong.

WindDancer
Celine Dion sucks thumb down

What a total Snooze! sleep

Blue Dragon
Wayne you said when you checked at school Celine was winning...only you voted... laughing out loud Better luck next time... wink And don't spam like that.

Afro Cheese
I can't say I've ever heard any of her music, but judging by other people's reactions I don't think I'm missing out on much.

StinkFist462
your not , i only heard like 4-5 songs and they all annoy me like crazy .

pr1983
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I can't say I've ever heard any of her music, but judging by other people's reactions I don't think I'm missing out on much.

the titanic song?

04wayne
You tell me any woman besides Madonna who has sold more records than her. Mariah Carey hasn't, Kylie hasn't, Britney and Christina haven't

cad
she is alright dude

smoker4
sick

Blue Dragon
Wayne, you have another vote for yes!!!! eek! Happy Dance

Dudester
I respect your opinion but she is not favorite-- she is very talented but I just dont prefer her

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by pr1983
the titanic song? Oh..

Damn that song was annoying.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by 04wayne
You tell me any woman besides Madonna who has sold more records than her. Mariah Carey hasn't, Kylie hasn't, Britney and Christina haven't

All sales prove is mainstream popularity. That and music don't mix.

Yes or no what? There's no question.

Whisper
As we say here in Canada (unfortunately the country which spawned her), Celine Dion is absolutely sh*t.

amity75
Am I the only one here who's received an abusive PM from "Wayne" for giving my thoughts on this odious woman?

Blue Dragon
No, he's been doing it to plenty of people, he opens up his opinions by sending PM's to people that don't like Wrestling or whatever but he's got to stop, he's supposed to be a mate!

04wayne
Blue Dragon, I don't know what she's talking about she has been calling everyone behind their backs at school

Blue Dragon
OMG WAYNE'S BEEN BANNED!!!!? WHY!!!!?

Whisper
I got an abusive PM from the little turd as well. A very nasty little man.

Blue Dragon
Ugh! Wayne! I'm having words with you at school tomorrow, just you wait! You've been warned over & over! I'll slap you!

Anyway...back on topic..oh yeah & I don't talk about people behind their backs, that's his job & I don't do that kind of thing.

Anyway as I was saying...what was I saying? sad Oh that Wayne's been PM-ing people, not only you. I saw what you posted about Canada & he didn't like it. He PM-ed you.

04wayne
I was wrong she has sold more records than Madonna. Madonna - 150million records and Celine- 175million records.

Blue Dragon
Who cares...

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
she has a great voice, but I just don't like her style and shes also a retard

tabby999
yeah i got some "fun" PMs too, i made fun of celine a while ago and lets just say, wayne dosn't like people who think different from him. oh and yes, celine dion is incredibly shit

GalacticStorm
I respect her vocal talent but i really dont like her music.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by tabby999
yeah i got some "fun" PMs too, i made fun of celine a while ago and lets just say, wayne dosn't like people who think different from him. oh and yes, celine dion is incredibly shit
Yeah....just ignore him, opinion problem I suspect. If he doesn't like it he'll give reasons, he's like that.

I haven't seen him for 3 weeks either since I'm no longer at school, well for now, until I go back anyway. He he...Celine's not the only one who's also a retard... roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Punkyhermy
THE best female vocalist in western muzzik today.

thumb up

Punkyhermy
47GHwDMrvgw

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
THE best female vocalist in western muzzik today.

thumb up

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Excuse me while I go tell every other better female singer that.

-AC

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Excuse me while I go tell every other better female singer that.

-AC

big grin

have fun with that.

Alpha Centauri
(She's not the best female vocalist, by the way. Unless you just meant her music, you like.).

-AC

Punkyhermy
(She's not the best female vocalist, by the way. Unless you just meant her music, you like.).

-AC

She IS the best vocalist i've heard so far.

and her music...it would have been grand had it been on par with her pipes. but it isn't.erm she can pull off any song with that voice tho and has produced some classics indeed. smile

Alpha Centauri
She IS the best vocalist i've heard so far.

and her music...it would have been grand had it been on par with her pipes. but it isn't.erm she can pull off any song with that voice tho and has produced some classics indeed. smile

She isn't the best vocalist in Western music, technically.

There are many more able in terms of ability. Christina Aguilera has a better voice in terms of octaves, as does Mariah Carey etc.

It doesn't matter how many "classics" she's produced, she isn't the best singer, and she can't pull of ANY song. So, you were wrong.

You can't apply your opinion to fact, it doesn't work that way. You can't decide who she is technically better than because you like the sound of her voice.

-AC

Punkyhermy
She isn't the best vocalist in Western music, technically.

There are many more able in terms of ability. Christina Aguilera has a better voice in terms of octaves, as does Mariah Carey etc.

It doesn't matter how many "classics" she's produced, she isn't the best singer, and she can't pull of ANY song. So, you were wrong.

-AC

Mariah Carey is also an awesome vocalist. Aguilera can holler all she wants but she doesn't have the sweetness to tone that celine and mariah have.ermshe has a good strong voice, yes. but not the range or tonal variety that the other two are blessed with.

And that Celine is an exceptional vocalist is a fact true beyond the pettyness that comes with the mini "carey is better" rant, tho. People may not all agree with her style of music, but whatever she has done with those pop ballads is beautiful and deserves to be recognized. happy

I don't intend to do that but i must say, its something you yourself are very gifted at pulling off. wink

EPIIIBITES
I personally hate her accent...and I think she's over-expressive (ie. forces emotion).

Tehnically I think she might be the best in pop though. But technicality isn't everything.

Aguilera is my fave because she's got the passion behind her voice, and is good technically, except for the crispness of her voice. It can sound a little stretched and rough at times (at parts it's not meant to). Perhaps she hasn't been taking care of it as much as she should be.

Mariah has the scale and octave advantage over anyone, but who cares? She sucks at making the jump from one difficult note to the other, isn't daring or all that imaginative (probably a confidence thing) and she's not that all expressive either.

Xtina!

Alpha Centauri
EPIIIBITES, Christina Aguilera has a technically better voice than Celine Dion. You can say "Who cares?" about notes and octaves, but those are two main parts of technical skill of singing, and plenty have that above Celine Dion, so she's not technically the best.

Mariah Carey is also an awesome vocalist. Aguilera can holler all she wants but she doesn't have the sweetness to tone that celine and mariah have.ermshe has a good strong voice, yes. but not the range or tonal variety that the other two are blessed with.

Christina Aguilera can hit the whistle register, the same as Mariah Carey, just not as high. I suggest you do research. I don't like Christina's music, but she has a great voice technically. Celine Dion is not the best singer, judging technique only, in Western music. Mariah Carey is much better.

And that Celine is an exceptional vocalist is a fact true beyond the pettyness that comes with the mini "carey is better" rant, tho. People may not all agree with her style of music, but whatever she has done with those pop ballads is beautiful and deserves to be recognized. happy

It's not a fact. What are you on about? If you are discussing her technical ability, it's not a fact that she's as good as you say; The best in Western music. There are many better than her.

If you're talking about how it sounds, that's entirely up to you, I disagree. It's no fact.

As for recognition; My Heart Will Go On, in my opinion, is one of the worst songs in history.

I don't intend to do that but i must say, its something you yourself are very gifted at pulling off. wink

Did you not say it's a fact that she's an exceptional vocalist? Define in what area you believe she is, and then we can discuss further.

Technique: Certainly not as much as you rate her. She's not the best in Western music.

Preference: Hardly factual.

-AC

BobbyD
Good singer, but not a fan. ....nor a hater either.

Zebra 3
Though I don't care for most of her music, she's my favourite female singer.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Zebra 3
Though I don't care for most of her music, she's my favourite female singer.

Is that possible? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.